Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dungeons and Dragons at Pokemon Quarantine - Help and Signup - DungeonBot now active!!!

+5
Spark Eletran
Xaber
OverlordJ
Hanky Panky
Hytheter
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dungeons and Dragons at Pokemon Quarantine - Help and Signup - DungeonBot now active!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons at Pokemon Quarantine - Help and Signup - DungeonBot now active!!!

Post by Hanky Panky Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:55 pm

probably a hub town
with a river/sewer running through it.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Dragons at Pokemon Quarantine - Help and Signup - DungeonBot now active!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons at Pokemon Quarantine - Help and Signup - DungeonBot now active!!!

Post by tinning3 Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:45 pm

A Quarantine site, ravaged by the deadly P1N1- Pokémon influenza virus (Codenamed 'Pokérus') That has adapted to infect humanoids of all types, and also spread through dimensions to where pokemon may not exist.

A little bit of a wild guess, I admit, but I like to take risks (That is a blatent lie).
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:54 pm

Uh, I'm just confirm that Hanky Basically got it. It's a town/city sort of deal with a river through it, and it will probably be where the adventure centers around.

Anyway, some important questions:
Who's started working on character sheets? I know at least three of you have.
Has everyone been able to connect to IRC? Any problems there?
Does everyone have some edition of Excel spreadsheet? I may be using that for the combat grid.

Also: For your characters, it might be an idea to have some sort of goal they'd like to achieve. You don't have to, but it will give me a possible plot hook/s for the adventure/s and aid roleplaying.
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:03 pm

I've got Open Office, I think that'll work but you can never really be sure. Unfortunately, I've been rather busy this holiday season, so I haven't started on my sheet, sorry.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:28 am

Like i said, no guarantee that i will even join the campaign. but i will lord over all of you filthy mibbit users with my mIRC master race.

get on my level, bitchesesssses
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DicksMcgee Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:38 am

I have the basics, character name/race/class and stats. I don't really understand the rest of the sheet but that's the important stuff right?
DicksMcgee
DicksMcgee
Cooltrainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:54 am

DicksMcgee wrote:I have the basics, character name/race/class and stats. I don't really understand the rest of the sheet but that's the important stuff right?
That sounds like most of it, but it depends on what you're missing. Maybe you should link your sheet?
In fact, everyone should probably do that when they're done.

Hanky Panky wrote:get on my level, bitchesesssses
I'm using mIRC for the bot. Razz
I like chatting in browser though.
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by DicksMcgee Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:58 am

DicksMcgee
DicksMcgee
Cooltrainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:18 am

Yes
Ok, you're missing some important stuff but you're on the right track
It might be an idea to get on the channel, or make sure you've read my explanations.

You need your HP. Your HP will be the maximum value of your Hit Dice + Your Constitution Modifier. Your Hit Die is a D6, and your CON is +2, so you have 8 HP.
You also should put in your Saves. On the information about Rogue it should tell you what your Base Saves are at your Level (which is 1). Put them in the Base Save Column in your sheet.
Then you need to pick a feat, which is kinda tricky and depends on what you were wanting to do.
You also need to assign skills and buy equipment.
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:20 am

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=732776

DicksMcgee wrote:http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=732775

Does this show my sheet?

Link works. Hytheter's on irc right now if you want to ask him about the parts you're not sure about.

EDIT: He also seems to be waiting in the shadows in ninja garb.
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by DicksMcgee Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:55 am

Hytheter wrote:Yes
Ok, you're missing some important stuff but you're on the right track
It might be an idea to get on the channel, or make sure you've read my explanations.

You need your HP. Your HP will be the maximum value of your Hit Dice + Your Constitution Modifier. Your Hit Die is a D6, and your CON is +2, so you have 8 HP.
You also should put in your Saves. On the information about Rogue it should tell you what your Base Saves are at your Level (which is 1). Put them in the Base Save Column in your sheet.
Then you need to pick a feat, which is kinda tricky and depends on what you were wanting to do.
You also need to assign skills and buy equipment.
There are so many feats I have no idea what to do
I wanna kinda be a rogue that's good with people, if that helps me pick from the huuuuge list of feats.
DicksMcgee
DicksMcgee
Cooltrainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:03 am

There aren't a lot of social feats can think of. You could go Negotiator, or Skill Focus (Diplomacy) but I don't know if they're worth it.
I more meant what do you want to do combat-wise (as in, when negotiations fail you). Do you want to be stabby with daggers, or shooty with a bow? Or something else?
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by DicksMcgee Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:37 am

Ohhh yes stabby stabby is always a good option
DicksMcgee
DicksMcgee
Cooltrainer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:47 am

DicksMcgee wrote:There are so many feats I have no idea what to do
I wanna kinda be a rogue that's good with people, if that helps me pick from the huuuuge list of feats.

Join us on mibbit, that's better for us to talk.

--------------------

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=736092

Describtion:

Last edited by OverlordJ on Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed some mistakes I made with the languages)
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:51 am

Well Nelly if you wanna stab people your options are:
1. Take Weapon Finesse as your feat
2. Change your stats
I'd suggest the former.

Either way, I'd suggest carrying a Shortbow or Crossbow as well.
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:40 pm

Hytheter, I had a question for you but I have to leave for a bit and you weren't on Mibbit, so I'll ask here.

Question:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:55 pm

I resolved OJ's question, but I'm going to answer it again here so everyone knows. I'm also going to add it as a sidebar on the rules post at the start of the thread.

In general, Bonuses don't stack if:
- They come from the same source. You can't have multiple people cast Bull's Strength on you for a ridiculous amount of strength, because Bull's Strength counts as a single source.
- They have the same name. You'll notice many bonuses have a name, like Shield Bonus, Enhancement Bonus, Profane Bonus, Dodge Bonus, Morale Bonus etc. If two bonuses have the same name, they don't stack; use the higher value. Dodge and Luck bonuses are an exception. Also note that some things will increase a bonus rather than providing a new one. These stack.
Bonuses without a name always stack unless they're from the same source.

Everything else should stack. Your shield bonus, armor bonus, natural armor bonus, dodge bonus and unnamed bonus can all add to your AC.

Edit: updated the OP with the above, and also fixed an issue that I didn't realise existed. The steps for character creation are now labelled. I definitely typed them in before, but I think the colons I used in the spoiler headings fucked it up somehow. It should work properly now I've replaced them with dashes.
That must have been really unclear for everyone, not being able to know what each step was actually about until you pieced it together...
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi. So I'm back. Now that the first half of my final's is done I had some time to think and I probably would like to do this.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:01 pm

Well then, how many players do we have committed? Also, sorry, I still haven't looked all that much at the rules and stuff, but I plan to eventually.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:58 pm

Dregadude wrote:Well then, how many players do we have committed? Also, sorry, I still haven't looked all that much at the rules and stuff, but I plan to eventually.
It depends on how you define comitted. We have three (to my knowledge) who've already started working on their sheets, and 4 others who have expressed interest. You still seem willing, and pD's only just jumped in. On the other hand, Hanky has explicitly said that he's only a maybe, and Spark seemed keen initially but hasn't been heard from in this thread for a while.

So I guess the answer is... 5 or 6 maybe?
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:23 pm

god
i didn't remember 3.5 being so silly and sucky.
Well.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:01 pm

phantasmalDexterity wrote:god
i didn't remember 3.5 being so silly and sucky.
Well.
What do you mean?
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:05 pm

Yeah, what's wrong with it?

And yeah, I think we have three Sheets being worked on and two of them are already basically finished, too I think?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:07 pm

I wanna play
but I'll be mostly gone till like around the 26th
and might not be able to get on the laptop from like the 28th to the 5th, its around those time periods
so
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:16 pm

No worry, I don't think we're in any rush.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next