Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dungeons and Dragons at Pokemon Quarantine - Help and Signup - DungeonBot now active!!!

+5
Spark Eletran
Xaber
OverlordJ
Hanky Panky
Hytheter
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dungeons and Dragons at Pokemon Quarantine - Help and Signup - DungeonBot now active!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons at Pokemon Quarantine - Help and Signup - DungeonBot now active!!!

Post by Xaber Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:24 am

4am GMT is mid-afternoon for me, so I'm completely fine with that.
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Dragons at Pokemon Quarantine - Help and Signup - DungeonBot now active!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons at Pokemon Quarantine - Help and Signup - DungeonBot now active!!!

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:18 pm

Shiii-- okay
TBH I was kinda thinking already that we would probably need a Lawful Good in our party to keep it all together considering literally everyone else so far is Neutral or Evil
so that kinda works out well
also 4 am GMT here is 1 am so
its fine on fridays and saturdays where i dont have stuff to do tomorrow and while im still on vacation but when school starts thats... not gonna be very good
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:15 pm

Well Spark, a balance of alignments isn't always necessary for "keeping it together", and in fact can lead to inner party conflict. This can be a good or bad thing depending on how you like to roleplay and what your characters are like; it could be fun or it could be annoying. Just something to keep in mind!
I'm sure we're mature and sensible enough to keep it on track either way.

Oh! That reminds me!

What kind of tone does everyone want for the game? Do you want it to be serious, semi-serious, or flat out silly? So like, Lord of the Rings or Monty Python and the Holy Grail? Or somewhere in between?

Xaber wrote:4am GMT is mid-afternoon for me, so I'm completely fine with that.

Ooooh that's right your a fellow Australian. I was wondering how it could be mid afternoon for you when it was also mid-afternoon for me. Razz
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:35 pm

4 am GMT is great for me. Would anyone object to me being a Dragonborn Paladin then? I actually enjoy being a slow heavily armored tank who doesn't afraid of anything.

Tone-wise I say... make it Homestuck. Hilarious most times, with a serious undertone and when shit gets real, it's freaking real.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:53 pm

Just a heads up, if you play a Paladina and OJ plays a Dread Necromancer, there's like an 80% chance of you two eventually killing one another. Razz
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:19 pm

Yeah, I am also fairly sure that a Paladin isn't allowed to party with Evil aligned people, not sure what about chaotic people.

And no matter how nice my Dread Necromancer is, it's kind of not possible to play a NON-evil Dread Necromancer

Also, I've been working on my character and his background, like the reason why he's evil and why he's a Dread Necromancer.

Also, while I wouldn't mind some lightheartedness, I wouldn't want this campain to be TOO silly, certainly not anything like Monty Python.

Say, if I'm a Dread Necromancer (and thus evil aligned), is a Paladin "allowed" to just kill me? Or would you, as our DM, count an act like that as evil (and thus unacceptable for a Paladin)?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:28 pm

OverlordJ wrote:Yeah, I am also fairly sure that a Paladin isn't allowed to party with Evil aligned people, not sure what about chaotic people.
Say, if I'm a Dread Necromancer (and thus evil aligned), is a Paladin "allowed" to just kill me? Or would you, as our DM, count an act like that as evil (and thus unacceptable for a Paladin)?

They can't willingly associate withe evil characters, but they might be forced to by circumstance, for example you might be the lesser of two evils.

He can't just outright kill you just for being evil... but when you start raising undead that's pushing your luck.
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:02 pm

Not if they're good undead!

Is there such thing as a tanky Fighter that I could be instead?
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:12 am

Dregadude wrote:Not if they're good undead!

There's the Fighter, and perhaps the Barbarian. Clerics are workable too.
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by DicksMcgee Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:09 am

Tone-wise we should be a nice in between. Things can get silly, but things can also be serious and high-stakes.
DicksMcgee
DicksMcgee
Cooltrainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:17 am

I guess it'd be fun to be a Dragonborn Fighter, like a thug-for-hire that teams up with everyone else for the loot. I'll go look into putting a sheet together.

Edit: But yeah, that'd be three people who have no idea how to DnD, and I feel like that'd really slow the rest of you down. I think we should split this into at least two groups, Utter Noobs and Tested Veterans.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:00 am

Hytheter wrote:They can't willingly associate withe evil characters, but they might be forced to by circumstance, for example you might be the lesser of two evils.

He can't just outright kill you just for being evil... but when you start raising undead that's pushing your luck.

Ah, right, I wasn't completly sure how the Paladin partying with evil would work.

Good to know that I can't get killed just for being evil.

Hytheter wrote:
Dregadude wrote:Not if they're good undead!

There's the Fighter, and perhaps the Barbarian. Clerics are workable too.

Dregadude wrote:I guess it'd be fun to be a Dragonborn Fighter, like a thug-for-hire that teams up with everyone else for the loot. I'll go look into putting a sheet together.

Edit: But yeah, that'd be three people who have no idea how to DnD, and I feel like that'd really slow the rest of you down. I think we should split this into at least two groups, Utter Noobs and Tested Veterans.

Actually, while thinking about it I had an idea how it MIGHT work, depending on the background and the campain.

My Necromancer won't be TOO evil, so if our "enemies" use undead, maybe our Paladin is forced to work with my Necromancer because they need help stopping the "more evil" undead instead?

I have already worked on a possible background for my Underfolk Dread Necromancer, I'll either post that soon or maybe edit it into this post later.

As for the spilt group, I guess I could see it work. Or we could do some easier stuff first and then get to the more complicated stuff later. Also, in which group am I, I mean, I never played 3.5 but I DO know some 4e, so it's not like I never played DnD before. (Also, somehow I feel the idea of a "Noob Dread Necromancer" kind of odd...)
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:02 am

Dregadude wrote:Utter Noobs and Tested Veterans.
What is this, Total Drama Dungeons & Dragons??
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:12 am

Who would be in the Tested Veterans anyway? i don't think Hanky would want to do a solo adventure.
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:16 am

Yeah, I don't think a split is necessary, unless phantasmal plans on playing and isn't just droppin gby.
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:51 pm

I'm not saying no
Let me get back to you on that.
I have an unused pathfinder lizard character that I could use.

And as far as I see this team needs more tanks.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:08 pm

Well, if you're saying that me being a Paladin won't upset whatever team we have going, then I'll be that. But if that doesn't work out, and a Fighter can be tanky anyways, then I'll just go with a Lawful Evil Fighter. I'd prefer Paladin, though, not that there's any real difference.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:08 pm

you could be still be a fallen paladin
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:57 pm

phantasmalDexterity wrote:you could be still be a fallen paladin
That's just a Fighter without bonus feats.
Though there are evil Paladin variants.
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:47 pm

Oh man, Blackguards! I love Blackguards! Are there 3.5 Blackguards?

EDIT: Aww, am I reading this corretcly, they were only a prestige class in 3.5?

EDIT 2: Haha, you ninja'd my edit  Very Happy 

Last edited by OverlordJ on Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:49 pm

OverlordJ wrote:Oh man, Blackguards! I love Blackguards! Are there 3.5 Blackguards?

Yes... but they're a Prestige Class in 3.5
However, there are rules for alternate alignment Paladins - the Paladins of Freedom, Tyranny and Slaughter.
Same chassis as the standard Paladin, but with the abilities changed to be evil equivelants.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:33 am

paladin of freedom sounds like a neutral paladin

is it lawful neutral
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:09 am

Hanky Panky wrote:paladin of freedom sounds like a neutral paladin

is it lawful neutral

No it's Chaotic Good. They're mostly like regular Paladins, except while Paladins have to respect laws and authority, Paladins of Freedom respect the rights and freedoms of others.

By the way everyone, DungeonBot is now complete! I've explained how to use him in the OP.
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:20 am

What could this be???
Dungeons and Dragons at Pokemon Quarantine - Help and Signup - DungeonBot now active!!! - Page 2 Pqdndmap_zps41d752df
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:18 pm

Some kind of horrible skin disease??? mspa
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next