Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast?

+22
Hanky Panky
Xaber
kotakun
Rozewolf
tinning3
phantasmalDexterity
Tirgo
PunchesMalone
Sandstriker
Druplesnubb
NinteNerd
d_what
Hytheter
OverlordJ
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
Spark Eletran
DicksMcgee
Dregadude
tailoredGoose
Gelatino
26 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast? - Page 23 Empty Re: Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast?

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:48 pm

i would probably pump a lot of that into nidoking, ampharos, absol, leavanny, ferrothorn, and the hitmons.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast? - Page 23 Empty Re: Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast?

Post by d_what Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:05 pm

...Ferrothorn? Explain plox. I'd probably boost the hitmons too only we're already spoilt for choice in the fighting department (likewise for water to be honest).

Absol with a boost would be great. Any boost. Any frigging kind of boost, at all. Graaaah why'd it have to be so cool and so generically shitty :/
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:15 pm

Aw man, I mess around with pokèmon stats all the time! If I'm bored and have nothing better to do, sometimes I'll just go to bulbapedia's list of pokèmon by base stats, open up a calculator(a physical one or one on the computer, either works), and start "revising" the stats of random things. It's a lot of fun! I don't really ever save any, let alone share them, but I guess I can post a few I've done here?

Spoiler:

More possibly to come later, I guess.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:53 am

Muffinz, I can't check for every mons but I noticed that you reduced some of Whimsicotts stats, why is that? I though you were only supposed to add?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:06 am

Hey, I didn't do these for the thing dwhat mentioned, this is just something I do when I'm bored sometimes-- notice how I also I also edited some things' speed.

I never got why whimsicott's defense was its highest stat other than speed anyway.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:03 am

muffinz wrote:Hey, I didn't do these for the thing dwhat mentioned, this is just something I do when I'm bored sometimes-- notice how I also I also edited some things' speed.

I never got why whimsicott's defense was its highest stat other than speed anyway.

Because Whimsicott is an awesome staller, with a combination of stun spore, Leech seed and Cotton Guard it rarely has to worry about physical moves. Back that up with Giga Drain and Whimsi can usually outlast most attackers. It's also great for set up, but that's a different point. So yeah, defense is the highest because it's a great staller.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:11 am

No, I didn't mean "why would it having good defense be useful", I meant "why did they decide it made sense for a cotton sheep thing to have good defense". Nothing about its design or its concept seems to suggest it'd be better at taking physical hits than doing damage. Good defense fits its role in battle, sure, but not its design, or its pokèdex entries, or whatever else about it.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:45 am

muffinz wrote:No, I didn't mean "why would it having good defense be useful", I meant "why did they decide it made sense for a cotton sheep thing to have good defense". Nothing about its design or its concept seems to suggest it'd be better at taking physical hits than doing damage. Good defense fits its role in battle, sure, but not its design, or its pokèdex entries, or whatever else about it.

Come ON! How does a tiny little thing sound like something that deals damage?
And think about it, it has a giant cottonball on it's back, of course it is able to take hits well. It's like it has a huge freaking pillow on it's back. Just imagine if someone tries to punch a huge pillow. Seriously, I rarely see a pokemon with stats so fitting like Whimsicott. It's light and floaty, which is why it's fast, it has a huge cottonball to protect it, so it got high defense. And it's other stats are okay at best, simply because it's actually only a small little thing, of course it doesn't have too much health or is too strong.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:10 am

It's a shock absorber! Like Snorlax. Problem solved.

But I really don't like editing speed. There are plenty of Pokemon who could use a new speed tier but that directly and completely screws over all the pokemon they jumped over. Concatenating the speed tiers I might be okay with, though. At least that way things that are fast can always be faster, even if it means timid and Max speed.

Also Grass types as of late have been forming their own niche; speedy walls i.e status throwers. Serperior, Whimsicott and Lilligant all do this. So that explains that anyway. Good for them!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:44 pm

Yo guys. Why the hell'd it take so long for me to find this place??
I'm gonna have to side with J on this one. Prankster Whimsicott is pretty much the most annoying Pokemon ever created. Ever.
(Except for maybe Quick Claw Dunsparce.)
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:47 pm

i dunno, poison heal gliscor is pretty damn bothersome

Last edited by Hanky Panky on Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:14 am

Yeah but Dunsparce can SERENE GRACE PARAFLINCH SPAM TO HELL AND BACK.
If we're going by competitive standards I find Shedinja to be annoying in Ubers.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:17 am

Is that because there aren't a lot of ubers that pack supereffective attacks, or what?
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:33 am

what about the other side of annoying the ones that are great to use?

lets get the splash only whatever out of the way first though
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:24 pm

Wait wait wait
No one said Wobbuffet yet.
I am disappoint.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:15 pm

We were waiting foe you to say it
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:00 pm

I know the WORST argument in any competitive discussion is 'it's easy to take down if you have X' or 'I've never had trouble with it' but... I've never had trouble with Wobbuffet :F Set-Up sweepers (besides agility) slaughter it, as do phazers, or weaker guys with recovery, or anything with Toxic, yadda yadda... Though to be fair the point it it has shadow tag, which means the opponent should target Pokemon it can take down, I.e heavy offensive Pokemon. (Without SE moves.) And while I have battled many Wobbuffet, they've all been AI controlled so that element of targeting is gone. So yeah. Wobbuffet? Pretty annoying.

Except that Power Creep makes it situational to the point of being useless, and Team Preview hurts a lot, too.

Guys why is Dunsparse annoying but Togekiss isn't? Togekiss has better stats and STAB. Or did you forget about poor sweet precious Togekiss :/
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:12 pm

Yeah, Togekiss is more annoying than Dunsparce any day, really.

Then there's Jirachi, and Shaymin-S. You've got a decent amount of choice for your flinchhax.

Personally, I find Ferrothorn to be one of the mose irritating pokemon to play in competitive, given most SE attacks do about ~40% and then you take similar damage from Iron Barbs + Rocky Helmet + Leech Seed. Especially in rain (I mostly run weatherless teams), since it no longer has to worry about that fire weakness.

Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:03 pm

Ferrothorn was one of my favorite gen 5 pokemon and i am so glad it's competitively viable. now i just have to breed/train one better than my in-game one.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:23 pm

strong pokemon weak pokemon thats selfish to be skilled use your favorite ones like the ferrothorn you already have in game
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:05 am

you had me going for the first few words with the whole quoting karen thing but then you kind of went off-track and now im bored.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:54 am

but its only the first few words that matter after strong pokemon weak pokemon you could put anything and it would still work

strong pokemon weak pokemon go out there and do good with whatever you have
strong pokemon weak pokemon they are the same and smogons completely worthless
strong pokemon weak pokemon red pokemon blue pokemon
strong pokemon weak pokemon any questions
strong pokemon weak pokemon those are two distinct categories and you are so fucked if you use those in the latter
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:59 am

kotakun wrote:strong pokemon weak pokemon thats selfish to be skilled use your favorite ones like the ferrothorn you already have in game

kotakun every time you post something sort of like this i have no idea whether you're being sincere or scornfully sarcastic

and just watch, you'll respond to this with something like "i am always sincere" and i'll have no idea if THAT post is sarcastic or not either
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:29 am

im always sarcastic

haha bet you didnt expect that
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:32 am

hold on while i recover from my extreme surprise
oh wait nevermind that was gas

i am not the least bit surprised
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next