Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast?

+22
Hanky Panky
Xaber
kotakun
Rozewolf
tinning3
phantasmalDexterity
Tirgo
PunchesMalone
Sandstriker
Druplesnubb
NinteNerd
d_what
Hytheter
OverlordJ
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
Spark Eletran
DicksMcgee
Dregadude
tailoredGoose
Gelatino
26 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast? - Page 22 Empty Re: Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast?

Post by kotakun Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:06 am

oh look i posted after there in the news thread without usin it its broken before it was officialated therefore it can not be made official therefore im not binded by it nor can i be punished
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast? - Page 22 Empty Re: Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast?

Post by tinning3 Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:20 am

It's fine, we'll ignore that one rule break this one time.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:17 pm

yeah, your typos and lack of punctuation made it apparent you were being facetious. Smile
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:13 am

next time someone breaks precedent, however....

*cracks knuckles*
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:53 am

you shouldnt crack your knuckles
crack someone elses knuckles that way you break their hands not yours
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:59 am

i don't think you're getting what i'm going for, but okay...
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:17 am

What if I crack Hanky's knuckles for him, that's alright isn't it? I am an expert at crack. Ing. I do it all of the time. Even during work!
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:29 am

I'll bet it sure makes your boss feel uncomfortable around you.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:57 am

Not really. I do his too. We're very casual.

Also guys if you want to go ahead and give your SS gifts, feel free if you haven't already. We've got a majority now.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:59 pm

White Herbs are soooooo expensive....
:|
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:21 pm

In BW2 they might be half price?

Wait a minute
Why do YOU need a white herb

Crackers came with seasoning!!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:30 pm

I've forgot that. Still.

I will neither confirm nor deny using baked dough.

I will actually hereby challenge spinach to a one on one battle.
You know who I mean. (He is only 50, right?)
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:22 pm

Okay now you've lost me. Is spinach also uranium and go traffic lights, or is it instead oranges and bark and lawns? If it's the former, then it's 55.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:42 pm

d_what wrote:Is spinach also uranium and go traffic lights
I don't know about you but most spinach i've seen was Amaranthaceae.

But yes, it's the one that's broccoli.

But that's perfect. We can have a one on one and see how quickly you can turn crackers into crumbs.

Also, yellow spinach is still green.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:47 pm

pD get in the union room and/or the chatbox
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:21 am

Hey, HP. I made an error. I'd like to rectify it.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:35 am

Might not be able to do that 'til tomorrow. I'm kind of busy today. But ill see what I can do.

EDIT: IT'S 13:54 GMT -05:00 RIGHT NOW. YOU GOT 20 MINUTES.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:21 am

Kind of a dead news period, eh?

Anybody want to make any guesses about which Pokemon will rocket up to OU this gen? There's always outliers - I don't think anybody ever would have guessed Cloyster, but there you go. And then there's gen 4's random evolutions - evolving Electabuzz and Tangela, fair enough, easily anticipated... But a side evolution of Kirlia and Snorunt, or and additional evolution, e.g PorygonZ, Dusknoir and Rhyperior? Those are the ones I'm looking forward to, because they can't be guessed! I'm going to hedge my bets on Azumarill, Roserade, and, umm, maybe a Bisharp evolution? Maybe Togekiss? And as for random Pokemon... Mmm, Staraptor maybe? Flying types have been getting successively stronger post stealth-rock and it wouldn't take much of a boost to be really powerful (besides a stealth rock nerf of some sort.) Or Crobat. Or Lilligant.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:43 pm

I would probably fangasm if crobat got some new tools to work with. it's already really good but kind of outclassed by other stallbreakers like Gliscor.

That makes me think. They're going to have sky battles. I wonder if Earthquake is going to be even allowed during sky battles. I know flying types and levitators are immune to it but what about catching a flier using roost? Would that be a sky battle any more?

Another thing is, would Stealth Rocks be OP in sky battles, since most of the pokemon will be weak to them?
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:46 pm

It's possible moves like Gravity and Roost wouldn't be allowed during Sky Battles. As for Earthquake and other Ground-type moves, anyone who isn't either completely clueless or intentionally screwing around probably isn't going to use them.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:50 pm

pD I CAN HELP YOU FIX YOUR ERROR NOW
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:49 pm

Hanky: Yes. They would be. Since they're borderline broken as-is and the amount of pokemon who resist them would drop drastically (only available to Rock, Steel and Fighting Levitators!) so they'd do much more damage as usual. But sky battles won't be a six-on-six thing very likely nor will it be an actual metagame so it shouldn't be an issue.

And there's not loads of flying/levitating SR users currently anyway.
Skarmory/Aerodactyl/Gliscor/Lunatone/Solrock/Claydol/Bronzong/Ux/Mes/As/Archeops/Landorus. And actually, of the non-levitators, Gliscor and Skarmory are already very, very powerful and are neutral to it themselves (only flying types to do so). If there is a metagame, they will be top-tier if not downright broken. Also, don't forget that SR is the only hazard that can actually do any damage, giving all of these guys a very powerful niche. Perhaps Defog might get some use...??

Earthquake will of course be allowed. It just won't do anything. I'd imagine Dig would fail in the same way Fly failed under gravity. As for gravity itself...it could go either way. It'd be a weird move to base a team around though, since it's not like you could suddenly use grounded Pokémon anyway.

P.S I think Crobat needs to build its own niche. Not sure what niche, but new ones come up all the time. It can never compete with Gliscor.

EDIT: oh oh I thought of something! Crobat's abilities are both shitty and there's only two of them, it could afford a third one. How about a life-drain ability, based on classic vampire bats? Moves that do contact damage get a bonus healing effect like Giga drain and Drain Punch? And have it only on Crobat and not the previous two. It wouldn't be broken but it would be a MAJOR improvement and would turn any fighting type into a liability. Plus reinforcing the idea of Poison as a defensive and also cancelling out Brave Bird's recoil (and on another set perhaps allowing you to replace roost with a coverage move!) or making Acrobatics viable. God I wish GameFreak knew about this idea Sad the chance of them just guessing it is slim to none.

Last edited by d_what on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:58 pm

I honestly think that Crobat makes an excellent scout lead. I feel safe knowing that I have pretty good versatility when I send Gatsby out first.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:33 pm

I don't like crobat very much. It looks silly. First of all, the mouth-- as opposed to the actually-sort-of-menacing wide-open enormous fanged mouth of golbat, it gets a blunt-toothed triangular frown that doesn't look anything more than disappointed or annoyed. (By the way, those are its bottom teeth you're seeing. It opens its mouth in the 3D games and it seems it actually has no teeth on its upper jaw at all. Also, when you hit it its teeth stick out of its mouth at an angle that makes them seem like they're not even attatched.) Also, it suddenly gets six limbs for no reason; think about how those two extra wings on the bottom part of its body might work in real life. It's sort of baffling to think about how and why it would suddenly sprout an extra pair of limbs out of its, uh, hips? Lastly, they just can't seem to decide whether it has feet or not. Its earlier pokèdex entries say its legs turned into another set of wings (which is also really dumb but not as much as it growing another pair of 'em right next to a previously-existing pair of legs), then when R/S/E came out, it got clearly-visible feet in its backsprite, yet those are the games that introduced footprints, and it clearly has no footprint!
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:44 pm

That is definitely an opinion, right enough!

Hey Muffinz! I was gonna eventually ask this question eventually but now that you're here it makes more sense because this is up your alley.
You have control of the Pokemon data. But what you can do is limited. You can allocate - add only - 200 base stat points in any way you like to any combination of Pokemon, in any stat besides speed (because messing with speed tiers directly screws over specific Pokemon). Who do you give points to, how many, and to what stats? Obviously I'm not looking for an actual detailed answer, just general and based on your personal preferences.

I'd have to add little bits all across the board for the two Nidos and Poliwrath, anyway. They have nicely balanced stats but are just short of being properly interesting. An increase in HP for Dusknoir would be nice. And I'd prefer if Swampert was more bulky than Garchomp, but then I'd have to increase all the starter stats to make it fair... Mostly I'd want defensive boosts. The metagame is too offensive anyway. Some boost for the legendary birds, they're cool. A modest attack boost for Electivire. And maybe also Swellow, and a defensive one for Staraptor, Sawsbuck and Cincinno. I don't know what I'd do to Lanturn but I'd do something.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next