Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

+9
Xaber
muffinz
kotakun
ilikeoctopus
cephalopodAscendant
d_what
invisibleTerrarium
OverlordJ
Spark Eletran
13 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 20 Empty Re: General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

Post by d_what Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:06 pm

:I I post too much and far too lengthily on pretty much anything already, so asking for my opinion on genuine discussion is probably the proverbial can of worms - so I'm gonna have to let the others field this one before giving my two cents

((Btw IMO bestiatility is only inherently wrong because there can't be consent. Not because it's gross and icky. Consent is king!))
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 20 Empty Re: General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:23 pm

Let's face it, we never stay on topic. So go ahead and knock yourself out.

I'm on the same page as d_what for bestiality. Well, more or less. I do find it kind of gross, but the consent issue is my only objection that actually matters. Otherwise, it would be like me trying to outlaw coffee simply because I can't stand it.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:49 pm

About that beastiality stuff:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:21 am

i dunno how many of you guys already know, but undertale got a minor-ish patch in the last couple of days! off the top of my head in no particular order, there's:

- blue attacks and the cyan soul are slightly darker to make them easier to distinguish from white
- your "Fun" value no longer needs to be capitalized to make Gaster-related stuff show up
- (what this means is that Gaster is now a canon character that you don't need to dig through the files to find)
- new text in Sans' secret room
- (very intriguing text at that. go read it)
- new dialogue routes when talking to Burgerpants
- a minor added bit of dialogue when hanging out with Papyrus after sparing him in a Genocide run
- new text in Toby's secret room that essentially says "it'll be a long time before any kind of major patch is released"
- minor changes to the text in one or two places, fixing up weird/confusing wording
- new flavor text when checking Temmie & the Mad Dummy
- most enemy & boss encounters after Snowdin have changed stats in the Check description
(their in-battle stats aren't affected, it's mainly just done to represent which monsters are stronger than others in-story-- Undyne's got 50 ATK 35 DEF now, for example)
- finally, this amazing image is now hidden in the game's files:
General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 20 Tumblr_inline_o18u6vKa7l1rznp7c_1280
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:23 am

I'd been wondering what kind of updates Steam was downloading for it.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:01 pm

So, I guess that seals it then, I'm gonna true reset and aim for an even better ending this time
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:14 am

Things are too quiet. So, uh, I'm gonna post this to make it NOT quiet.

link to picture

I made some deckboxes for some decks I own! One of them wasn't protected at all and the other two were in grossly mismatched deckboxes - a Mewtwo and a Darkrai one. The funny thing is, I do have a Darkrai deck and I have two different Darkrai deckboxes. But the Darkrai deck is sleeved so none of them will fit it mspa
I have 5 decks now Very Happy

Edit: oh yeah. Yesterday my boss told me she was DEFINITELY gonna send me to the US to visit the American side of the team I'm on this year. Previously it was just a PROBABLY (or maybe the following year), but it's more important now that I go because two of the guys on our side are leaving soon :O But yeah "Eoin Goes to N.Carolina: The Experience" will be happening eventually, put it on your calendars! Mayhap it includes Bonus Content entitled "Quarantine: The IRL Meetup??????" Probably not but I thought I'd throw it out there i am actually quite nice in person mspa

edit edit: pokemon has been really odd lately
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:57 am

I'd offer suggestions on what to come see while you're here, but despite efforts to the contrary by ad campaigns, we're not exactly a tourist-y state.

Also, bought Hatoful Boyfriend on a whim. Wasn't really prepared for how dark it gets.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:19 am

Based purely on the fact that I have not seen any of these ad campaigns, I would have to agree they are not very successful. But then I imagine most are limited in scope, they're probably not too concerned with attracting the Irish market.

Things I know about north carolina before I worked in my current job:

it is a state in america
it's close to south carolina
some people from Quarantine live there maybe
it's middley-easty sideways
it might have been one of those early settled states, like Virginia and Boston or something

things I know about it now:

my company is based there
it has a triangle
sometimes it snows

????????
If I can't buy a suitcase full of Ritz crackers there I'm going to have to leave my job.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:29 am

In order:

True.
Adjacent is pretty close, so true.
True.
Um? We're on the east cost towards the center, but we're technically part of the South.
We were indeed one of the 13 original colonies like Virginia. Boston, on the other hand, is a city in the state of Massachusetts, which is also one of the original 13.
I'll take your word for it.
The Triangle's a region in the center of the state defined by three cities: Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill/Carrboro. Apart from containing the state capital and three major universities, it's also notable for Research Triangle Park, which hosts a lot of tech companies.
Pretty much every year, in fact. We just got some at the end of last week, and it's still not fully melted.
People may give you strange looks for buying so many boxes, but we do have Ritz crackers here.

And you probably wouldn't have seen these ad campaigns, since they mostly seem to be on the radio.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:45 am

Shit, I should have remembered that. I was born in Mass. so yeah no excuse Surprised

I summarised my summary of a summation of everything I know about the US in this very detailed and foolproof map:

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 20 Map10

I can get Ritz here too but they're just not. the. same. D: When I was three weeks into my job I genuinely considered asking my boss to pick me up a few when she went over for a meeting, but my brain won over my stomach. It's not the best impression to make when you're new in a job. Hot damn though I am seriously craving Ritz.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:14 pm

Dang, nice! Field trip?!

Sadly, I either live 7-8 hours away or 4-5 hours away depending on the time of year (or more depending on where I am for the summer), so I probably won't be able to drop by. Unless for some reason you get a sudden strong desire to visit Pittsburgh.

(Also, I bought Hatoful on sale last summer, and "haha $2 for a pigeon dating sim how funny is that" turned into "Steam stop recommending anime-esque dating sims please I'm not even interested in girls and this is starting to look really weird." It didn't help that it was one of like four games I owned.)
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:41 pm

I love the "definitely probably Canada". But what did you mean by "the president somewhere"?

Also, no guarantee I'd be able to drop by either, depending on when this trip happens. It's a three-hour drive back home from school, and I don't have a car on campus.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:05 pm

*Consults Map*

Ah, I see you live in the "Cool Stuff" region. Fascinating! Which reminds me, I can't remember where I was born. When you said Pittsburgh I thought "shit was I born there??" but there isn't one in Massathingy. Must be a similar sounding place but I can't remember it Sad TBH Given half a chance I'd go to NY instead and travel by train or bus the rest of the way, since "I <3 NY", but beggars and business classes can't be choosers! It's so easy to forget how big the world is sometimes. 8 hour flight to NY was pretty tough, but it's 11 to NC. *shudder*

I can't remember where the president lives so I guessed and slapped a big label right in the middle. Turns out I mentally got "washington" and "washington DC" confused and found their midpoint instead. Funny how the mind works :V
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:02 pm

So. Detective Pikachu february 3rd. Pikachu talks with a deep-ass voice.

....fun times.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:09 pm

d_what wrote:
edit edit: pokemon has been really odd lately

Edit: where's Kotakun I'm playing a Splatoon match with four temmies :V

Last edited by d_what on Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:10 pm

From what little I know, that game could be pretty good or completely terrible, with not much room for a middle ground.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:51 am

What game? Is there a new Pokemon game I don't know about?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:30 pm

yes, and it seems absolutely bizarre.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:05 pm

I'm on my phone, youtube links don't really help me much, can you perhaps write about it?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:42 pm

pikachu FLIRTS WITH WOMEN

its great detective pikachu where u play as a weird human who's apparently old enough to drive?? and you help a talking pikachu with a deep voice, a coffee addiction and a taste in human women solve pokécrimes

i dont even
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:01 am

excuse you
it's tea
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:09 am

tHAT DOESNT MAKE IT ANY LESS WEIRD
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:04 am

No no, that's an important difference. You see, detectives that drink coffee are hardboiled, while the ones that drink tea are actually classy gentlemen. Take Problem Sleuth for example, PS has a coffeemaker and is clearly very hardboiled indeed, PI on the other hand has a tea set and is clearly a fine gentleman.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:47 pm

I seem to recall some art where Phoenix Wright is drinking tea so that's all I have to contribute here
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next