Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

+9
Xaber
muffinz
kotakun
ilikeoctopus
cephalopodAscendant
d_what
invisibleTerrarium
OverlordJ
Spark Eletran
13 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 11 Empty Re: General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

Post by d_what Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:52 pm

those guys in the back may not have heard you, I think.

Oh no sorry they heard you nvm
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 11 Empty Re: General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:38 pm

the good thing about this is the stupid "GEN 1 REREMAKES" rumors can finally stop for good now

also, i wonder if the game will be compatible with bank. that'd be rad. get legit gen 1 pokemon into your new games. i mean why not right
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:44 pm

Oh, so the event hasn't started yet? I'll see what I can do.

The RBY thing, does that mean the games exactly as they were back then, unbalanced, exploitable, glorious messes?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:51 pm

Sure does! The only difference is you can interact with other games over wireless to battle and trade. Hurray for nostalgia!
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:21 pm

Hows that gonna work? Special was only one stat back then and types weren't split and most people had infinite masterballs
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:24 pm

Yeah, I don't see Bank working with the eShop versions. Gen I-II Pokémon were also missing personality values, which determine Nature, Ability, gender, and probably more that I'm forgetting. IV's also had only half the range, and the HP IV was derived from the other four. EV's weren't even remotely the same. Even if you could come up with a conversion method, it really wouldn't be the same Pokémon afterwards.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Exactly, plus, types interacted differently, attacks worked differently, lots of stuff just couldn't work with the newer stuff.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:19 pm

Yea true, I forgot about the gen 3 rehaul. Not that type and attack interactions would affect anything since those are restricted to the game itself, but the change in how the Pokémon work is p big. Unless they're reworking the entire game ofc buuuut p sure that's not the case :0
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:27 am

It just means that the games will either need a huge change, making them more similar to Firered/Leafgreen OR that trading and/or fighting with "new" gens will not be possible. Probably the second
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:59 am

Holy shit France D: Found out about it just now, slept through the news... Christ, this is how racism starts :/ and I don't think I could honestly tell the French to stay unbiased now! 158 people feared dead on the last count, in 7 different attacks on the capital Sad And one of the bastards actually shouted "Alahu Akhbar" before doing his thing.* Way to throw every Muslim in Europe under the bus, brah. Ugh.

edit: Imma gonna need to find a source tho since I don't trust the media 100%
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:38 am

Yeah, I found out about it, too. It's aweful and this'll probably cause some issues, though I hope that everyone will realize that blaming the regular muslims will just make things worse.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:47 am

That's basically what ISIS is going for though, isn't it. Cause trouble in western nations, bring Islam into the mix, cause increased discrimination, raise tensions, and foster radicalisation. It's... a really sad, and sensible, plan Sad
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:36 am

OverlordJ wrote:It just means that the games will either need a huge change, making them more similar to Firered/Leafgreen OR that trading and/or fighting with "new" gens will not be possible. Probably the second

It wouldn't really affect trading at all (Gen 3 is still pretty wildly different from gen 6, just not AS much as gen 1), and I don't think intergen battling was ever something really considered.

And yea, it's... eesh. I found out yesterday and wow.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:32 pm

I'd heard something happened, but I didn't know any of the details. Why is it so hard for people to just tolerate each other's existence?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:28 pm

Unrelated to any of the many tragedies occuring in human history, here is the course ID for a mario maker level that made me LOL. It was more of a heartfelt chuckle, I guess, but I did do it aloud. 587B-0000-00E3-1938

I do not have Mario Maker, nor a Wii U :/ As much as I would love to play Mario Maker and Splatoon (and I do very much) I just can't see the Wii U as a standalone console doing a lot for me so late into its lifecycle. Rather wait to see if the NX is wii U compatible and pick them up for cheap afterwards. I've already done preliminary designs on paper for about 6 different mario levels
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:37 pm

I'm really not all that interested in Mario Maker, to be honest. But I am definitely hoping that Nintendo gets the NX off the ground much faster than the Wii U.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:36 am

Is there some way to view the level without actually owning the game? I'm mildly curious...
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:31 am

Not yet AFAIK, since you need someone to play it. But generally the levels that are moderately famous (for a given value of famous) are that way because there's already a video of it. Googling it is the best solution, as it is for most of life's problems! (seriously is there any problem that isn't helped slightly by googling? Even googling during an internet outage is useful for narrowing down possibilities.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:23 pm

sorryidisappearedandthenturnedintoundertaletrash.jpg

anyone else played it yet?
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:43 pm

RAISES HAND EXCITEDLY
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:47 pm

...I really should have predicted this. One of these days you youngins are gonna surprise me by being interested in something I haven't heard about yet Surprised Today is not gonna be that day!!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:00 pm

invisibleTerrarium wrote:sorryidisappearedandthenturnedintoundertaletrash.jpg

anyone else played it yet?
first question
why should you be sorry that you turned unto undertale trash?

second question
you mean to imply that there are people on the internet that havent played it yet?

third question
was this the image you meant to link?
General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 11 Tumblr_inline_nv51wyJ63P1rpi5cu_500
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:36 pm

I don't have Undertale yet, but I'm working on it. And naturally I'm grabbing the soundtrack too.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:25 pm

Well, as MSPAFans, if there's anything we should be able to credit Undertale for, it's for its soundtrack (even if I haven't particularly liked anything I've heard in infrequent youtube videos, but that's mostly because Toby likes some weird soundfonts).

Malcolm Brown for president!!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:34 pm

Obviously, I haven't played it, but I'm a huge fan already. I might even buy it.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next