Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

+9
Xaber
muffinz
kotakun
ilikeoctopus
cephalopodAscendant
d_what
invisibleTerrarium
OverlordJ
Spark Eletran
13 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 30 Empty Re: General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

Post by d_what Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:35 pm

Still more or less that because there's fuck all on the Pokémon front. also Octi may or may not have been shot so we're using humour to aleve tension until we hear that she's okay.

So since koteros is kierakun, should we be feeling amused/confused/betrayed/impressed/thoughtful/stupid? I'm serious about that AMA. Actually an AMA thread where we take turns answering quetions might be kinda fun :V

Unrelated but I ran into someone that knew me on Splatoon! I caused the death of a teammate by throwing a splash wall ahead of them (the opponents threw a suction bomb at it and killed us both) and then not 15 minutes later I get a PM from someone asking me do I use a Slosher Deco in Splatoon. Same guy! It's a small world. And for a brief moment I can pretend I am internet famous :V
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 30 Empty Re: General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

Post by Captain Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:08 pm

Hey at least we're probably getting stuff next month. Apparently April Corocoros (ie the one that just published Corocoros are for the month after they publish) are often barren of Pokémon news, even when a game has been announced recently. May Corocoros usually have info in them though, so we can definitely hope! Plus actually come to think of it Corocoro itself said that SM info would start next month so yeah. Only a month away! That' still a while though I know.

Also D i didn't know you played the Sploon! It's like one of my favourite games now, I rly love it. On that topic, are you on the side of Hoverboards or Jetpacks in the next Splatfest? I can't decide myself, they're both good choices. Although it probably doesn't matter bc I don't think I'll be able to participate in this Splatfest anyway!
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:57 pm

i also have been playing splatoon!!! i am lv 18 or so i forget and i love rollers because i am an asshole. team hoverboards ovo

in other news mspaf is down rip
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:48 am

Yeah, the last picture in which Kíeros acknowledged it hadn't loaded for me.

Now I need to reevaluate. If Kotakun was secretly Kíeros, does that mean Kíeros isn't as bad as I thought they were, or was it simply a clever ruse as Kíeros pretended to be nice and I should now feel the same animosity I hold for Kíeros in my heart for precious, good old Kotakun...

:/

I am conflicted, because I can't tell how much of Kotakun was real and how much was pretend...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:57 am

All of it was real, and all of it was pretend.

Well, that's probably what kotakun would say about it, at least. Assuming she(?) wouldn't just drop the persona entirely.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:30 am

I think I seem to recall Kíeros being a guy who is commonly mistaken for female because of female avatars? Not really sure, I haven't interacted much with them for quite a while. And frankly, it doesn't really matter to me. But yeah, I'm curious how much of Kotakun was genuine...

Semi related, what does AMA actually stand for? I know it's about answering questions, but I don't actually know the exact meaning
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:44 am

It means "ask me anything". And the main reason I'm guessing she's a she is because the screenshot of Kíeros's profile from the MSPA Forums listed female pronouns in the relevant slot.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:14 am

Captain wrote:

Also D i didn't know you played the Sploon! It's like one of my favourite games now, I rly love it. On that topic, are you on the side of Hoverboards or Jetpacks in the next Splatfest? I can't decide myself, they're both good choices. Although it probably doesn't matter bc I don't think I'll be able to participate in this Splatfest anyway!

Yes I play and I am boss >Very Happy only been playing since November but I recently hit S+ and level 50 with my S.Deco. I wish my KD ratio was better though :/ but I guess when your worst matchup is shooters, and they make up half the meta, I should be grateful that I even get to break even. Add me! Same nnid as my name here.

Ugh Hoverboards or Jetpacks get Hoverboards or Jetpacks aaaaaaah I can't decide it's too tough!!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:40 am

i get a 404 when i try to go to mspaf someone explain this did they forget to renew the domain or something
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:03 am

It's very simple.

Kotakun, surprised that someone had figured out their SHOCKING RUSE, hacked into the MSPAF mainframe with a visual basic GUI to redirect visitors from the evidence.

As a consequence of this highly illegal and dangerous manoeuvre, the NSA spotted a discrepancy in the traffic flows routing through Tumblr's data centers, (now notably owned by YAHOO!, a well known NSA stooge) and sent out the internet police hounds to sniff the resulting packet traces. The iK9 unit digi-peed on their cyber servers and sent the MSPA forums into disarray, with bitglitches and shitpostbots built by that 4chan guy capitalising on the site's new weaknesses. Terrified that the youths of today's internet would be triggered by the bot's disgusting and often nonsensical approach to language syntax, the renowned (in IT circles, you probably won't have heard of him) Dr. Brinner, PH.D in codology sciences and adolescent psycholology, ordered an immediate shutdown of the MSPAF entrification gateways, leading to a Total Domain Shutdown, or "TDS", and the page you see on attempting to access the sadly dead site.

Kotakun, now being backtraced via web interfaces by the FBI and the PMS, is on the run, leaving only faintest traces of their whereabouts in metadata retro-images only detectable by astute dabblers in vernaculo-sociprogramming. I will follow up with details if or when they become available and post them on NeoGAF.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:19 pm

yeah that's about what i expected

i can't believe IT killed the mspaf

also it might not necessarily be a month until new SM info - we might get some in whatever the new japanese pokémon show's called (i miss when it was just pokemon sunday, a lot easier)

we'll get new info in a month for SURE tho so that's good :0

also who plans on getting pokken. i am, looks rad af
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:40 pm

i already preordered it :p
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:08 pm

to be honest i LOVE the fact that pokken exists and i will eagerly await any and all new news for it but i'm still not sure if i'm gonna buy it... like, fighting games in general are really not my "thing" gameplay-wise, and i'm not super enthusiastic about any of the playable pokèmon announced so far.

if the game comes out and there's a pokèmon that really makes me feel like "yes i really want to play as this" then i'll probably get it, but if the roster revealed pre-release is the full roster than I dunno. i seriously hope there'll be at least one bug-type and if there is than i'll almost certainly main it. actually can we please get at least one 'mon of each type? we're not that far off from it now and that'd be like the best-case scenario. i just want a bug-type. please give me a bug-type. any bug-type. i don't even like heracross but if heracross is the only bug-type i'll main it.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:35 pm

sceptile is my favorite pokemon i was sold before i preordered it but then that happened
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:15 pm

I'll probably get it, because we've been waiting for a Pokémon fighting game for how long now? Sure, the roster may not be perfect, but since when has that been true of any game? And besides, Dedenne is nowhere to be seen.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:21 pm

Weavile looks fun as SHIT

other than that, not sure. I'll see who I click with when I play prolly
tho I'll at least try to play chandelure because [i]its a fucking fighting chandelier[i]

also - interesting thought: what if pokémon adopted fe:fates' model? letting u buy the content of the other game as dlc or smth of the sort

i doubt it'd ever happen because TRADING but i'd think that'd be rad
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:44 pm

Ah, the AMA thing and calling them she makes sense now.

I'd be up for an AMA thread, could be fun.

Hey, anyone here who plays Minecraft on a server? Turns out the people I had planned on returning to when I'd get internet back actually stopped doing it...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:25 am

I really want a Water starter (Swampert to fill out the Hoenn trio would be kinda nice to see), Breloom and yeah, a bug would be rad (Something interesting like Vivillion maybe?). Just DLC in general for Pokken would be so good. I REALLY want Breloom tho. I played a bit of Type Wild and Breloom was SO FUN in that, so I really wanna see it in Pokken. Come to think of it, Lopunny would also be a perfect fit for Pokken so that would be amazing too. Swalot would even be ok, bc Chandelure is just as weird. They're prolly never gonna put Combusken in though. But that's ok. Either way is am definitely getting Pokken, possibly day 1. Probably gonna main either Weavile or Pikachu. Probably Weavile. I'm all about fast characters in most types of games. Weavile is apparently low damage but high speed and combo potential, which is definitely a playstyle I'm comfortable with! Not gonna play Machamp for the same reason Machamp can take out half your health with one move but it's very, very slow as a character. Kinda like Ganondorf in Smash to be honest. Very powerful but slow. Whereas Weavile is I guess kinda like Sheik in Smash.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:35 am

I'm not really much of a fighting game kind of guy, except for that one Soul Calibur game with Link in it and the occasional Smash game while visiting friends. And I didn't really follow the news for Pokken. That said, Heracross and Pinsir seem like obvious options for fighting bugs and Scyther and its evolution could work nicely, too.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:33 am

Yeah it's too bad they're the most likely, because those are literally the only three fully-evolved Bug-types that I don't completely love. I guess Scizor's nice, but it's still far less wonderful and perfect than all the other bugs out there.

I feel like Leavanny's maybe got a slim chance at making it in? That's probably my best-case scenario.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:30 am

I guess Ledian could be an option, too?

What's not to like about those three though? Their Megas are somewhat silly but their base forms are decent Pokemons in my eyes. If I'd have to pick a favourite bug, chances are that it'd be one of them.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:50 am

if weavile is sheik and machamp is ganondorf, does that make chandelure wii fit trainer

we should play smash together more often

as for bugs, pinsir or scyther would be my ideal scenarios.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:07 am

I'd like to see Toxicroak, personally. The starting roster has to be set in stone by now, given how close we are to release, but DLC is always a possibility.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:42 am

What's the current roster, if I may ask? I'm on my phone, so looking it up is a pain.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:43 am

Pikachu, Pikachu Libre, Machamp, Lucario, Suicune, Charizard, Gengar, Blaziken, Sceptile, Gardevoir, Garchomp, Weavile, Chandelure, Braixen, Mewtwo and Shadow Mewtwo. The latter two are both lategame unlocks as like a prize for being good.

There's a bunch of support Pokémon too that will do a specific helpful action mid-battle. These Pokes aren't playable but are in the game, so won't become playable characters:

Snivy, Lapras, Emolga, Fennekin, Frogadier, Eevee, Jirachi, Whimsicott, Ninetales, Mismagius, Farfetch'd, Electrode, Rotom, Togekiss, Dragonite, Victini, Croagunk, Sylveon, Pachirisu, Magikarp, Cubone, Diglett, Magneton, Quagsire, Espeon, Umbreon, Reshiram, Cresselia, Yveltal, Latios.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next