Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

+9
Xaber
muffinz
kotakun
ilikeoctopus
cephalopodAscendant
d_what
invisibleTerrarium
OverlordJ
Spark Eletran
13 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 19 Empty Re: General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

Post by OverlordJ Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:05 pm

Yeah, see? With 24 hours, you just count from 0:00:00 to 23:59:59, a simple, linear progression. But as I said, being used to it plays a big role.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 19 Empty Re: General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

Post by muffinz Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:26 pm

I played Ranked Battle for the first time today! Rainmaker is startlingly fun. I had an awful start where I lost all of my first six matches, but I guess that was just terrible luck and terrible team members because I've been doing pretty well after that. Just got halfway up into C rank a few minutes ago.

I also ran into my first squid party in Turf War! It would be kinda boring to have multiple matches in a row where nobody's trying to play the game, but being able to take a break and goof around for a round is pretty enjoyable. I painted "FUCK" on the floor and everyone applauded.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:47 pm

It's great to see how much fun everyone has with that game, it's good that people can just goof off and nobody gets upset about it.

Also, it looks like the forum is back to normal again for me, but when I loaded this page odd text was in the comment thing:
Spoilered because long:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:03 am

That's not that long OJ Surprised Weird, though. Maybe your browser is outdated and is having difficulty parsing html or whatever this site is using?

Added you Muffinz! Soon... we duel! Or play hide and seek. S'all good. Related: I fell to A+ and then quickly made it back to S again. I've resigned myself to be an A-S yoyo. The thing is: I genuinely enjoy my A+ matches. They tend to be fairer and more of a push-pull whereas S games tend to be curbstomps from one side, usually frequented by lag I can't compensate for with *iNsAnE SkIlLz*. So I'm okay with falling back now I guess. Which stages/modes do you particularly like/dislike, Muffinz?

Also interesting tidbit: The OU metagame is currently so well balanced that right now people are thinking about removing the S tier altogether, only that Clefable is still probably definitely S. Clefable. (Clef is totally S I know but it's just really great that the most consistently good Pokemon in the tier is something as manageable and as varied as Clefable.) SUCK ON THAT, NAYSAYERS! *and the 2015/2016 VGC metas*

Catchup: Shadow Tag and MSableye were recently suspected. Shadow Tag got the boot, as did Gothitelle, effectively. MSableye escaped the banhammer, the meta adapted to the loss of GothStall, and MSableye is now falling from S to A+. Also in the process of possibly falling is MChar X, the other sole resident of S ATM besides Clefable. Latios/Keldeo/Tornadus MIGHT rise to S but not if CharX falls. Basically the difference between S and A is really really small rn. It's pretty great.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:23 pm

splatatatatat splatfest
team past gooooo i am fighting for the fucking dinosaurs
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:25 pm

True Pacifist run complete! I like how you have to burn down Undyne's house to befriend her.

Other thoughts:
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:50 pm

Hot damn, Spark. The one time we're both online playing Splatoon and you're trapped in a Splatfest! Curses.

#teamFuture because we may actually be able to play in the future!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:21 pm

AUGH. I literally got to 91/99 points toward becoming a Past Queen when my dad walked into the room and told me to shut off the game because the Ball Sports Game is coming on in 15 minutes. I could've easily gotten to 99 in less than 10 minutes, but I guess that would've taken just too long. Now I have no idea whether I'll even get the TV back in time before the end of the Splatfest! I swear, if I miss out on getting the max bonus for my first Splatfest by just nine fucking points, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:41 pm

My brother's away for the weekend at a cooking camp or something im not really sure whoops but uh
The important thing is that this means i've had some time with splatoon! i might be level 12 and a c- rank but i am slowly but surely getting better. i'm favoring rollers and the n-zap, because they both cover a lot of territory and are incredibly irritating, which is my favorite way to play competitive video games. is there a roller setup that has the inkstrike?  that would be my ideal Irritating Weapon
ill be in nyc all day tomorrow but i have tuesday and monday entirely free so if anyone wants to play some splatterino then... #teamfuture
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:44 am

One hour and twenty minutes left before the Splatfest is over, and the Sports Foot Game is still going. Dad's fallen asleep in front of the TV and shows no signs of moving. I'm getting nervous.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:37 am

THE GAME WAS ABOUT TO END AND IT JUST WENT INTO OVERTIME

i'm so mad
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:43 am

whoops i meant to delete this extraneous post but apparently that's not a post option on this forum

Last edited by muffinz on Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:08 am

I DID IT I FUCKING DID IT
Ohhh my god. That was close. I literally got the "Breaking News!" message at the end of the very last match I needed to reach Queen status. Bad news: because I couldn't make it back to the plaza before the Breaking News, my Vibe (the flags you get for consecutive winning that you can sell for money) reset back to zero and I missed out on a boatload of money I could've gotten. If my dad had decided to go to bed as soon as the game ended instead of flipping channels for ten more minutes, I could've gotten it, not to mention I'd've been a lot less panicked during my last two matches. But I'm too relieved to even be mad.

post script: sorry for using this place as a mini-blog for a while, i wouldn't do that kinda thing normally. i just do stupid things when i'm panicking.

Last edited by muffinz on Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:09 am

I am a king of dinosaurs and yes Dee it's quite the misfortune

IT: there'ssss the Golden Dynamo Roller but other than that nope

Also Muffinz: Did u manage to do it

hopefully u did
Imma splat now either way tho

EDIT: NICE
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:30 am

god, dynamo rollers are like the one weapon i'm worst at fighting. i know they're glacially slow to fling ink but it's such a HUGE attack that by the time i've finished dodging one blast and begun firing at them, the next one is already coming at me to ohko me. i can pretty much only reliably kill them if i ambush them. i mean, obviously i need to just Get Good, but i don't know how is the problem.

oh yeah, what weapons do you guys main? my favorite's the dual squelcher (though i use the jet squelcher in some ranked modes). the combination of long range + actually being able to ink turf at decent speed is just so fun.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:37 am

neo sploosh rn

real sweet weapon
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:08 am

I gotta admit, Splatoon seems to be pretty great at naming their weapons, they all sound hilarious.

cephalopodAscendant wrote:True Pacifist run complete! I like how you have to burn down Undyne's house to befriend her.

Other thoughts:

Congratulations Smile

Spoiler:

Quick question for those who played Undertale: Did you notice that the main characters gender is never stated? A lot of people noticed it but it completly flew over my head untill someone told me. Now I'm curious if anyone else missed it or if I'm just not observant enough
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:05 am

I noticed it pretty quickly, myself! But I may be a bit of an outlier on that 'cause I don't actually have a gender either. :V

also yeah Splatoon is great at naming things. spark didn't say the full name of that weapon but basically, one of the weapons is the "splash-o-matic", and it has an alternate version called the "sploosh-o-matic". like, that's so silly, i love it.
the Classic Squiffer is probably the funniest weapon name IMO. like, just say that out loud to yourself. "Classic Squiffer". say it right now.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:33 am

Maybe it's because I don't usually think much about the gender of characters, unless they specifically talk about it. Though this is at least the second time I missed that a character was ambiguous and/or agender, so now I wonder if I missed any other characters.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:59 am

I caught it for the player character for sure

and I thiiiink also Napstablook. Not Monster Kid tho

(who apparently is canonically named Kid)

also you're not allowed to talk about splatoon weapons without mentioning the SLOSHING MACHINE
it's literally a washing machine. but it sloshes.

it's got some great names tho yeah. the AEROSPRAY. Jet Squelcher... and dual squelcher. NOZZLENOSE! splatterscope... tentatek splatteshot
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:14 am

WOW I FORGOT about the sloshing machine. you're right, that one is amazing too.
god, even the names that aren't goofy are great. like, the Carbon Roller? the Heavy Splatling? the Rapid Blaster Pro? what fun names. the .52 Gal and .96 Gal are some real CHOICE PUNS, and like not even in a silly or campy way, they're just cool. i think the only mediocre weapon name in the game is the Inkbrush just 'cause it doesn't really have anything going for it.

(what a weird tangent this is. i love it.)
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:22 am

I love when games do stuff like that, it shows that the people who made it cared, in my opinion. After all, it's easy to give some stupid names to weapons, giving good names takes effort.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:43 am

the inkbrush's pretty standard but it makes up for it with its japanese name...

...the Pablo.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:04 am

omg
related to inkbrushes

we'll probably NEVER get enough people to do this, but:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnNubzhRnYY

:O
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:56 pm

Well, I can't watch that but tomorrow I'll go visit my parents, so I'll be able to look at it then. So I'll be able to marvel at your Splatoon Shenanigans.

Unrelated, but I've been wondering something.
Because of the way my mind works, I sometimes spend way too much time contemplating stuff, like phylosophical questions for example. Almost inevitably I'll eventually wonder what other people, or more specifically, people whos opinion I care about, think about these topics. More then once I've considered posting such question here, because you guys are among said people whos opinion I care about. Usually I didn't, because I felt like I shouldn't derail the thread like that all the time. But now I realized that if you guys would be interessted in reading about my rambling and maybe voice opinions, I could post it in a seperate thread, so as to not derail this one. What do you guys think, is that something I should do, or should I just not post it here? The topics CAN be pretty random, especially from an outside point of view. Like, the last two topics were, as far as I recall, whether beneficial dictatorship is possible and if not, why not and what exactly the definition of beastiality is and the different moral issues with the different definitions.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next