Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

+19
variegatedDreamraptor
Captain
Hanky Panky
Hytheter
Sandstriker
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
Spark Eletran
PunchesMalone
d_what
tinning3
kotakun
Dregadude
cephalopodAscendant
Druplesnubb
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
OverlordJ
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 37 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by OverlordJ Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:13 am

d_what wrote:Notable thing about Braixen: it's a magical fox

And it's not a kitsune <3

Gamefreak, my faith in you is restored. Still don't understand why Brigadier is in Frogadier's name though... Unless it isn't?
What do you mean by that comment about Braixen?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 37 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by d_what Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:27 am

My biggest issue with Fennekin being fire/psychic was that it encroached on Ninetales' territory by rather a lot if it turned out to be a kitsune. And being Japanese, and looking at the history - Zoroark and Ninetales are both Kitsunes and Ninetales is so totally a psychic type (I believe they made it mono-fire to get rid of some excess psychics, e.g Golduck probably). But a desert fennec fox is so not a kitsune and I was worried that they wouldn't be capable of being impartial and would instead sprat kitsuneness all over it. But NOPE it's a (western) witch! And now I'm fine with it being a Fire/Psychic type. Ninetales and Fennkin can coexist in peace Smile(Still hoping Brigadier leaves Poliwrath alone though. C'mon Water/Dark! Or water/flying I guess.)
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:08 am

Frogadier isn't a brigadier, he's a grenadier. He likes to throw rocks inside his bubbles.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:10 am

YES D_WAT SIR

also at first i was surprised to see on the site im getting my game from that its supposed to launch at the same day as japan and the usa but then i remember its worldwide duuuh dumb me

itll still probably take like around 3 days or something to get here though which eh better than nothing

Question, is this thread gonna continue to be like completely spoilery once the games come out, or should we start using spoiler tags and shit? If it does end up being ultra spoilery and all, I'd suggest we make a thread where we can all post stuff about the game under spoiler tags so that people can go and read others opinions without the risk of seeing something they haven't passed yet

Possibly ordering it using gym badges, like this:

Between first and second badges:

Sounds good?
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:45 am

Depends how much plot there is between badges, although I suppose it does make labeling events without spoiler-y names much easier.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:58 am

How much happens in between doesn't reeeaaally matter. I mean, I'd imagine that to be completely sure someone would only open the spoiler once they've passed the second badge mentioned (in this case, the... well... second badge).
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:27 pm

Hey OJ, you won't be disappointed with HGSS. Apart from maybe the lack of some features from Gen V that you liked (reusable TM's is the main one I can think of).
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:41 pm

BREAKIN' NEWS

"Special Programme to air in Japan on Sept 23rd at 8am focusing on Origin, the XY games & the XY anime" ~Serebii Twitter

shit son, seems like we might get some more info before the release after all????

ULTRA IMPORTANT EDIT READ READ READ:

"Heads up, Trainers! We've got a surprise for you! Tune in Monday at 8 a.m. PDT for a special announcement!" ~Official Pokémon Twitter

ive got a feeling something biiiig is coming
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:17 pm

Please be a full list of version exclusives plus final starter evolutions plus Oorotto please be a full list of version exclusives plus final starter evolutions plus Oorotto please be a full list of version exclusives plus final starter evolutions plus Oorotto
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:11 pm

spark, links please. i don't know how to twitter. what are we even "tuning in" to?

why has nobody said anything about this.
i am going to spend HOURS perfecting this thing.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:22 pm

Serebii and Pokémon Company.

and yeah the customization stuff seems really cool and in-depth considering we never had that kind of stuff in a main game before
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:42 pm

thankies.

i'm never grooming my furfrou. it will be shaggy forever. lion cuts are the #1 reason poodles are irritating to look at.

art art, from the japanese site, evidently.
Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 37 Tumblr_mt2jqjd9dA1r8sc3ro2_1280
Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 37 Tumblr_mt2jqjd9dA1r8sc3ro1_1280
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:34 pm

cephalopodAscendant wrote:Please be a full list of version exclusives plus final starter evolutions plus Oorotto please be a full list of version exclusives plus final starter evolutions plus Oorotto please be a full list of version exclusives plus final starter evolutions plus Oorotto
press release heres pokemon musicals btw theyre mandatory now haha fuck yall
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:35 pm

And then X and Y go from the most anticipated games to the least. Everyone cancels their preorders.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:35 am

NinteNerd wrote:why has nobody said anything about this.
i am going to spend HOURS perfecting this thing.
Frankly, it's because I don't care. I might well go with the default style for the entire game, and if I don't I doubt I'll go out of my way to collect hairdos. As for the video thing, it looks like a contest, minus the prizes. So, pointless, pretty much.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:08 pm

I'm definitely going to style up my player avatar. I am a customization whore.

Also, I think we may be finally getting a Dark type gym. Korrina's Sugimori artwork has a lot of white, black, and red. This makes me think of Absol. Just, you know, with more red. My guess is that she's going to be a dark gym leader.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:15 pm

Except we've seen a screenshot of her challenge splash, and it has what is almost certainly her badge in the background. It's a stylized boxing glove, which coupled with her athletic inclinations (she's big into roller-blading) means she's virtually guaranteed to be a Fighting-type user. Here's the image if you don't believe me:
Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 37 August_p10_02
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:21 pm

I have actually never seen that image before.

huh.
I hope we do get a dark gym leader.

what would also be cool is if there was a gym for every type in Kalos.
collect all 17 badges, but only 8 are required to progress through the pokemon league. gym leader levels scale with badge count, post-game content is other 9 gym leaders. nonlinear order of conquering gyms.

but that's a pipe dream.

speaking of pipes i think frogadier is badass.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:26 pm

I think most people are hoping for a Dark-type gym leader. Obviously we weren't going to get one in Gen I, but the fact that we haven't had one in any of the four generations following that is very strange, especially since we've had three Elite 4 members who specialize in Dark-types in that time. If Fairy ends up getting its first gym before Dark, I think the fanbase will have a fit.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:43 pm

i know i will be pretty damn disappointed in gamefreak if they do a fairy gym but not a dark gym this go-round

and i want another poison gym too. I like seeing poison type get a buff. Makes me even more of a poison type fan.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:46 pm

Poison's somewhat less likely considering we just had the Virbank Gym in B2W2, but it's still possible, since the only other Poison gym was the Fuchsia Gym. Come to think of it, I don't think we've ever had a Poison-type Elite 4 member. Now that could be interesting.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:47 pm

Koga, technically.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:49 pm

Oh right. Derp. I always think of him as a gym leader, even though I know that Janine takes over for him in GS/HGSS.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:16 pm

I'm hoping the last gym leader's gonna be Dark really

And then he'll be an ultra badass and hard to beat

yeah that'd be cool
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:23 pm

According to many, many, many leakers/"leakers," the final gym is Dark-type and has a leader named Lilith.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next