Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: The Smashening

+12
ilikeoctopus
Captain
Xaber
phantasmalDexterity
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
kotakun
d_what
invisibleTerrarium
Dregadude
Hanky Panky
OverlordJ
16 posters

Page 25 of 41 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 33 ... 41  Next

Go down

General Chat: The Smashening - Page 25 Empty Re: General Chat: The Smashening

Post by muffinz Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:15 pm

Wow hey didn't expect more megas so soon!

Megaltaria's pretty okay. A little uninspired and "more of the same thing", but that's okay with me 'cause Altaria's got a good design to begin with. The typing is exactly what literally everyone would've guessed, but it does fit, so hey, I'm happy with it.

Lopunny is the last one I would've expected to see revealed for OARS. I've been hoping to see a Normal/Fighting type for a while(no the music legendary from gen 5 doesn't count), so that's nice at least. The design is a little weird, though? I think I'll need to see its actual in-game model before I know whether I like it or not. I miss the big fluffy ears, though. They were cool.

Salamence is just... wow. I can't quite decide whether it's so stupid that it's somehow kinda cool, or just plain stupid. That's all I have to say.

Last edited by muffinz on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:23 pm

To be fair, it's new wings are no less feasible than the old ones really, (both are equally unfeasible) it's much more aerodynamic and it does look like it could evolve straight from a Shelgon. Also the crescent shape is aesthetically pleasing.

But.

How the hell does it support it's head??? 
I dislike it purely for balance purposes and it makes me wish Ice really did resist Dragon. Clearly Dragon is still getting too much support to be balanced.

I agree with Muffinz about Lopunny. It's not a BAD design, it's just not particularly interesting and we'll really have to see it in action first. Worked for Aromatisse - who, while still looking godawful, is redeemed somewhat hilariously by the fact it it sways its hips AT the opponent.
(P.S Expect more megas soon!)

Edit: SO my second EggLocke Pokemon is Spiritomb??? Weird. But I'm okay with that, it'll be fun to learn how to use. Incidentally, Spiritomb is a Pokemon that would love a really badass evolution or mega evolution, akin to what Electivire did to Electabuzz. Octi, if you can catch me online at some point, I have *some* of those pokemon you mentioned in-game, though not a lot I think. Tradebacks though for that reason :O
Edit^2: Aipom and Cleffa!! Oh man this is gonna be so much fun. BUT HOW DO I CHOOSE I NEED HM MONS!!! The Cleffa is Modest with Magic Guard, so like my own but I can run a different set, and the Aipom is Jolly, and will evolve into Technician.
Bet you guys are all mad jelly of my neat random team aww yeah
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:17 pm

Whattttt i like lopunny, i think its legs are supposed to look like torn yoga pants
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:38 pm

the one bad thing about all these megas is that they are more likely to be used and ive still never won a battle whenever a mega has entered on either side
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:46 pm

General Chat: The Smashening - Page 25 10537341_529793370455533_4173217391848033202_n
Hmmmmmmmmmm.

ANYWAY YESH GOOD THINGS.

Megamence is only good because people are taking the piss out of its kinda crappy design. I'm personally quaking in my boots. It's pretty much just a superior Mega Pinsir. Only thing separating it from unbeatable is no priority, because it means that until it Megas (and on the turn it Megas), there's plenty of things that will be faster. But still, scary stuff :/

We like Mega Altaria, though I shudder to think how horrible it'll be to face it. Thre weaknesses and ton of resistances, plus the design is looking pretty defense oriented to me... gonna be nasty. Love the design though.

MEGA LOPUNNY FUCK YEA. Anything that joins the Fighting type gets a lot of love from me bc I love that type, and fast Fighting types are my absolute favourites. Mega Lopunny's design is actually my favourite out of these three! It's a really cool design. Simple enough that it still looks good, yet it still has enough to make it look good too. Plus my team will always like a bit of Extra girl power. Lily's alone at the moment, bless her. Mega Lopunny might not feature in my team BC I like Mega Diancie so, so much more, but I'll make a Mega Lopunny team anyway. I can easily see her fulfilling a Mienshao role on any team she's on. And she does it better than Mienshao because HJK now seems like a certainty and she hits Ghost types with it. MEGA LOPUNNY SHITS ON AEGISLASH AND SABLEYE YO. She super-effectively hits both. Dat's tasty.

The Pikachu Megas are hilarious and amazing. Icicle Crash Pikachu tho? With Light Ball and Volt Tackle that will HURT.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:41 pm

You know, I'm glad Mega Lopunny is singificantly more androgynous than regular Lopunny. Maybe now people won't be so angry about the existence of male ones. And after looking at the design again, yeah I guess I like it.

still gonna miss the giant floofy ears though
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:19 pm

Yeah Mega Lopunny actually looks like it could be male this time

also yes that image is. making me think we might have a few megas left this month

(also still calling M. Sharpedo and Camerupt. aND I WANT SOME GEN 5 MEGAS DAMMIT GIMME THAT)
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:19 pm

Thanks, d_! I'm seeing if I can GTS some of the Pokes I need, and Pokewalker has netted me a Duskull -> Dusknoir.

And I just realized that the several forms of Pikachu give my Pikachu-loving friend some options--the last match he played against me (gen4) he used 5 Pikachus and 1 Raichu.

Personally I like Megapunny's design. The ears remind me of my hair when my mom tried to force it into creative shapes of torture when I was little.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:40 pm

Megapunny is easily the best-looking of the three. I love the yoga pants legs and uggs feet, it's really great hahaha
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:01 am

Man the more I look at megaltaria and lopunny the more I like their designs. I know it's kind of pointless but I'm gonna try and do some stat theorizing for them just for fun.

Mega lopunny: 65/126/94/54/106/135
Megaltaria: 75/80/100/110/125/100

Something about megaltaria's stats doesn't quite feel right but I'm not sure what else to do. I'm hoping the official stats for it will be a little less unimaginative.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:16 am

Oh god I never noticed the Ugg feet :0 don't forget the tank top, though! Lopunny is a gijinka artist's dream.

I kinda want to stop with the gen 3 megas. We have SO MANY leave some for regular evolutions please! But gen 5 and a few others, yeah sure! What I don't get is how people want more mega starters. We've already got two out of 5 sets, is that not enough and the knowledge that this way we'll have more in future generations??

Edit: I hope Megaltaria is super bulky, mostly on the special side. We don't have a lot of stall Megas, besides Aggron (no reliable recovery) and MegaSaur (total beast, could use some competition). Altaria could forego an increase on defense if it went for speed instead, because it could use that speed to set up a quick Cotton Guard (though you leave yourself open in other ways relying only on cotton guard).
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:07 pm

people will want mega starters just so they are guaranteed a mega on their team personally i dont care which starters get megas because im not gonna use them
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:01 pm

It's probably cause people are expecting us to get bonus starters after we beat the game like we did in HGSS

and well. it'd make some sense to get megas for whatever that was

also more contest detail, feebas evolves by beauty again, u can megaevolve when excite bar is full and it does stuff. yes.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:06 pm

I still don't see the point of just refusing to use a Mega. Sure, it's possible, very much so even, to make a team with no Mega whatsoever, and one that does pretty well, but that should only really be by accident that that happens imo? Just flat out refusing to use them seems silly and childish to me.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:41 pm

I think Kotakun's reasoning was any time a Mega graces the field, regardless of who uses it, it culminates in a loss. Which is fair enough, if superstitious.

And c'mon we've all been superstitious regarding Pokemon - in RSE and early DP I used to talk at the opposing Pokemon if they were really hard to catch and I really wanted them. I think it was only me farming Master Balls that got me to stop...

Edit: For me it was a quick up + A followed by a B, like in an upwards smash attack followed by a regular special in Smash. But that stopped in RSE because it was obviously selective bias lol. An alternative was tapping the A a fraction of a second before the ball bounced.

Last edited by d_what on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:56 pm

Superstitions?

Throw Pokeball
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
(or alternately, ABABABABAABAABABABAB)
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:53 pm

i'm not dead, by the way.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:12 pm

d_what wrote:I think Kotakun's reasoning was any time a Mega graces the field, regardless of who uses it, it culminates in a loss. Which is fair enough, if superstitious.
its not superstitious its common sense i mean if i use the exact same team but dont megaevolve i do a whole lot better than if i do and by a whole lot better i mean i actually can win is that a fluke of bad luck on a consecutive royal flush scale or is it something fundamentally wrong with me and megas personally i think the second is much more likely

what is superstition is holding a and left to deal more damage while holding b and right to receive less you have to push the a or b at the right time to lock into the hp bars but then you just mash the direction keys to change the value its going to
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:13 pm

so you mega-evolved your straight into a royal flush? or a regular flush? which one has the royal flush mega?
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:14 am

I like to like, press left when the ball twitches to the left, then right when to the right, and when it's time to catch I press down
it's stupid but fun :0
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:14 pm

But it's so satisfying when it does work

Confirmation bias, man <3
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:36 pm

Well, Nintendo's officially acknowledged the Coro Coro info, plus some more tidbits that we didn't know about. Horde Battles are back, and not only can they have more variety (e.g. a Geodude with Makuhitas), but they can now be against Trainers as well. Only the one Pikachu, named Cosplay Pikachu, can be dressed up; you get it after participating in a Contest. Mega Altaria apparently gets a big boost to both Attack and Special Attack, along with an increase to Defense. Mega Salamence gets a large boost to Defense, for whatever reason, and apparently its arms are just tucked into those bands wrapping around its body. Mega Lopunny gets buffs to Attack and Speed. The new NPC related to Contests is named Lisia, and she has an Altaria. Contests are back to using the literal translations for the ranks, instead of using the translated names for the different Poké Balls. As you do better in Contests, you'll get fans like with Pokéstar Studios. Also, apparently the Grunts only get static artwork this time around. And finally, the shiny Beldum will be like the Speed Boost Torchic event from XY's launch.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:07 pm

invisibleTerrarium wrote:God, I can't wait for OJ's reaction to all this hahaha

Okay, first, my reaction to the megas:

I actually quite like all three designs, though Salamance is a bit goofy. Altaria is so damn fluffy, I love it

I'm unsure about the abilities and stats

For Lopunny, it works great, the stats seem helpful and the ability is awesome, especially considering how strong ghosts are right now.

For Salamance, it works too great, because it didn't need a stat boost and we all know how evil that ability is.

For Altaria, I am disapointed. I don't know how good it is but I always used it as a staller. Dragon/Fairy is great for that but neither the ability nor the stats support it on the mega.

Amusingly, my planned team is now almost exclusivly mons that can go mega (Blaziken, Guardivoir, Aggron, Altaria, Linoone and one other I haven't decided yet)

For the Pikachus, they are kind of hilarious, though the field one is a bit odd and I don't understand the ice one. I LOVE the wrestling one though, that one is HILARIOUS

I am happy about contests and I wonder if I'll be able to get that shiny Beldum...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:11 am

happy sharpedo week everyone
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:30 am

Indeed! And that reminds me. Did you know we've had this forum for longer than a year now? We forgot our own anniversary Sad

I'm so happy that Contests look the same as the old ones. I feared we'd get gen 5's lame ass musical equivalent instead, but nope, we've got the Pokeblock maker and appeals and jams and the whole shebang. Even new moves to use contest-style, which is great! I loved the funky strategies in them, Smart contests were always tough since Smart strategies rely on interrupting your moves. My favourite strategies were ones that change the turn order so you always go either first or last Smile
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 41 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 33 ... 41  Next