Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

+16
Sharpedo
phantasmalDexterity
cerebralconfinement
Crobat
kotakun
Xaber
ilikeoctopus
Captain
invisibleTerrarium
OverlordJ
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
Dregadude
Spark Eletran
Hanky Panky
d_what
20 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Hoenn starter are you picking?

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 31 I_vote_lcap7%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 31 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 31 I_vote_lcap21%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 31 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 31 I_vote_lcap14%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 31 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 31 I_vote_lcap14%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 31 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 31 I_vote_lcap43%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 31 I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 31 Empty Re: General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

Post by d_what Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:42 am

Why, sorry, Y? Is it because it's kinda predictable and can't do much to dedicated special walls, whereas Char X has no such problems on the physical side?

(I think those are valid reasons, both would be cool except Y is just a tad bland and X is... really really great actually, but it's just too used for me to enjoy it much.)

Thinking about training a MegaDos, but it's gonna be a Dragon Dancer, and I have a lot of those...
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 31 Empty Re: General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:23 pm

It's pretty boring, because everyone uses them. I much prefer X.

Go breed that Megados. Megados is one of my favorite pokemon atm, i used to hate the design, but it's really grown on me, and the thing hits like a truck on crack and steroids at the same time.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm

if it was just... longer, maybe? I think the main thing with MegaDos is that it looks less flexible because of the extra bulk. If it was longer to offset that it would look less like it's neck has swollen and it can no longer move properly. The actual design features are really cool.

I love the type change mechanics. Switch into earthquake! Immune! Weaken with Intimidate! They have to use a Rock Move for SE coverage! Change to dark, neutral! Dragon-Dance up and sweeeeeeep!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:24 pm

I think it was mainly meant to have a more fish-like appearance, hence the bulkier body.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:24 pm

Yeah, but Gyarados's charm was it's serpentine shape, and snakes are all about flexibility. E.G you can't see MegaDos using Wrap.

But instead, let's talk about

a) How MegaCham and MegaBanette took what was good about the originals and super-fied them in a really impressive way,
b) MegaTric's (some people call it the Blue Bomber, get it, Mega Man) Bizzare Hairstyle
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:25 pm

I kind of want a Manetric, but not its Mega form, it just looks TOO goofy. MegaBanette DOES look cool and I do love Pranksters. In fact, it's one of the few Megas that doesn't look goofy and one of the even fewer Megas that looks better then the non-mega form.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:58 pm

i dont even use megas competitively since none of the mons in my team have them but
i rly like megazard y
and it makes me sad that nobody else does
you look around and its just megazard x everywhere
thats why im hoping for at least ash to get a y one in the amines it needs some publicity guys cmon
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:58 pm

i dont even use megas competitively since none of the mons in my team have them but
i rly like megazard y
and it makes me sad that nobody else does
you look around and its just megazard x everywhere
thats why im hoping for at least ash to get a y one in the amines it needs some publicity guys cmon
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:37 pm

wait there are two megazards?
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:21 am

No, kotakun, mega charizard don exits.

OJ, Meganectric looks completely stupid but that's half the reason I love it. People are really surprised by how hard it hits for literally being a goddamn lightning bolt with legs.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:06 am

Yeah, Mega Manectric is a really good example of an Electric type. Electrics nowadays are kind of underused, usually because of a lack of resistances/stats/movepool - even Jolteon (sorry Spark) hasn't been good in the last few gens due to a lack of offensive special moves and piddly defenses, which does not bode well under powercreep. But Mega Manectric has filled Jolteon's old niche well, albeit without wish support and unfortunately taking up a mega slot. And if it helps, regular Manectric was already very, very goofy looking. The lightning bolt at least makes sense. Anyway, most of the electric types in OU are there largely because of unique typing - Electric/Flying is in every single way superior to, say, mono Flying, and is a good standalone type anyway, whereas Water/Electric with Levitate is just godly.

And don't get the wrong idea! I like Char Y. In a lot of ways it's my favourite 'Zard. (Mostly because everyone goes OH COOL CHARIZARD X, AND IT'S A DRAGON, and I hate dragon type fanboyism) It has a typing that makes it balanced, good stats, fits well with a lot of OU Pokemon, it's not broken... but. When I actually get around to training one, it's not exactly interesting. Fire Blast. Solar Beam. Roost. Coverage. Dragon Dance sets are at least interesting to play, and Char X has more viable sets anyway. I would agree though. Char Y should be Ash's Charizard, if only because Char X gets every other type of PR that exists.

OJ we have -GOT- to get you into competitive battling. You don't know what yOU're missing!

(Did I mention I really like Mega Medicham's design, I think it's true to the spirit of Medicham and isn't glaringly stupid or over the top, also, floaty hand scarves)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:13 am

Firstly, I thought its regular design is okay while the mega just looks like a walking spike to me.
Secondly, I don't know if I am serious enough to battle competitivly, I mean, I am sort of breeding for IVs now, for basically the first time since I started playing Pokemon. And my sets are usually not that good. Heck, my main "strategy" is having a special sweeper with good coverage.
Thirdly, not being able to be online much certainly won't help.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:40 am

Well, even with WiFi it's hard to play competitively. The games don't support online 6v6. But simulators work without WiFi, as long as your internet isn't dreadfully slow. Have you tried showdown yet?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:33 am

My internet at home is currently not working, I am on my phone now.
So, yeah, my internet is... suck-ish
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:41 pm

d_what wrote:GOSH! I am hankerin' (and pankerin') for some ORAS news :|There's been so little. Understandable, really, but it's just... there's not even enough to DISCUSS. Besides... Groudon and Kyogre are in it, same engine, new formes, plausible Mega Starters/l@tios. Yeesh. We need more discussion stuff >Sad

check
this
fuckin
shit
out
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:01 pm

Swift Swim.

Swift SWIM.

SWIFT FUCKING SWIM

I COULD HAVE DONE WITH YOU LAST GEN, SWAMPERT!! NOBODY CARES NOW!!

lmao at the 4x electric resistance turning into an immunity when there's almost zero noteworthy electric types; Sceptile be trollin'. That is a shitty typing.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:43 pm

details from serebii
"The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the upcoming games. This reveals Mega Sceptile, Swampert and Diancie. Mega Sceptile is Grass/Dragon-type while the others maintain their type. Mega Diancie's ability is currently listed as ??? while Mega Sceptile has Lightning Rod and Mega Swampert has the ability Swift Swim. Groudon & Kyogre's new "Mega Evolutions" are known as Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Groudon & Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Kyogre and are said to be a regression called Ancient Devolution. Steven Stone returns and also appears to have a Mega Charizard X and is after the secret for Mega Evolution
Both the Mach and Acro Bike make a return in this game and Team Aqua & Team Magma both return as well. Team Magma is lead once again by Maxie, and his Admins: Tabitha & Courtney. Team Aqua is lead by Archie and his admins Matt and Shelley, all of whom have been redesigned. Like the originals the team you face varies depending upon the game The Mega Evolution activating item in this game is the Mega Bangle."

first of all
FUCK YOU STEVEN STONE THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I MEANT BY MEGAZARD X IS EVERYWHERE
second
HELL YES FINALLY BRENDAN'S HAT LOOKS LIKE AN ACTUAL FUCKING HAT IT'S NOW FINALLY OBVIOUS
that's it. that's all i have to say on this. :0
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:51 pm

Not sure what I think about May's new bandanna. Brendan's design is kind of iffy too, and I'll definitely need some time to adjust to Team Aqua and Magma's redesigns. Steven's new look definitely works well. Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile both look pretty good, and I'm glad Swampert didn't get Sap Sipper like the entire internet wanted (because goodbye balance), but Swift Swim doesn't seem useful enough. Mega Sceptile's definitely got an interesting concept: Grass/Dragon with Lightningrod? In any case, Sceptile's inclusion in Smash Bros. just got more likely.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:11 pm

Okay, lets see...

Hahaha, look at that Swampert, I can't decide whether it's hilarious or awesome, probably both. Unlike for Gyarados, this actually works for Swampert. I'll still take Blaziken, because it rocks and I'm no idiot, but still, Swampert, you're allright. Also, what's that weird green thing there with you, I definitely never heard of that one before. mspa

Oh, the new Legendaries are Megas? What a surprise, everyone is shocked because NOONE saw THAT coming. Clearly, we all suspected they were different mons that just happened to look like the old legends, because none of us remembered the Mewthree debacle.

HOLY SHIT LOOK AT TEAM AQUA! DAMN SON, ARCHIE GOT BUFF! And look at the admins, do you want to mess with the little fat guy or with the HUGE ASS PIRATE WITH MUSCLES THAT MAKE ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER CRY!?

Oh hey, whatshis face and female whatshisface got older.

Oh hey dude I don't care about.

So anything else in the newsMOTHERFUCKER THE BIKES ARE BACK BITCHES!!!
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:16 pm

nope they aint megas
theyre "ancient devolutions"
aka a new form of some kind
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:30 pm

Hey OJ, ass pirates are something completely different. And while we do want Nintendo to get better about representation in their games, a villain's probably not one of the first ones we want to see in the games.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:37 pm

Smash bros...? No Comment. Except... Why Sceptile

A few things that concern me:

Swampert's stat distribution as a Mega:
Spoiler:

The fairly detailed May/Brendan design and the fact we play as them; no boutiques any more? This could be a classic example of Game Freak having a great idea that everyone loves and then ditching it immediately.

Mega Diancie is freaking adorbz. Mega FANCY more like. (sorry that was bad)

Ummm. Team Magma and Aqua look pretty different, especially as the old Admins have disappeared... but I'm a little concerned about... the whole skin colour difference?? What are they trying to say exactly? Are the teams an entire family or something?? Because I'd rather not think they tried to give a nod to race inclusiveness by segregating the bad guys. It's just weird.

Lightning rod, excepting the Special Attack boost which is actually nice, is a terrible ability for a grass/dragon. There's next to no gain from it, and anyway, how common are electric types, moreso ones that a regular Grass/Dragon couldn't handle. Immunity to Thunder Wave is nice I guess. RIP Thunderus against a tiny percentage of matchups. Hope for a significant Special Attack increase there; grass isn't the best type to be going Mixed on, although Sceptile won't be getting Draco Meteor if Char X and Ampharos are any indicators... hmmmmm

Haha Spark Steven having Char X is hilarious for that exact reason Very Happy We were JUST talking about it! Maybe he has a collection? Maybe you can rebattle him and he'll have a range of different megas to use? That would kind of make sense, him being a rock buff.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:43 pm

Nah, he's obviously an ass pirate, look, he's searching for booty, isn't he?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:45 pm

Dammit OJ I used that EXACT. SAME. JOKE. Yesterday and nobody got it >Sad
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Great minds think alike ;D
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next