Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

+16
Sharpedo
phantasmalDexterity
cerebralconfinement
Crobat
kotakun
Xaber
ilikeoctopus
Captain
invisibleTerrarium
OverlordJ
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
Dregadude
Spark Eletran
Hanky Panky
d_what
20 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Hoenn starter are you picking?

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 35 I_vote_lcap7%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 35 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 35 I_vote_lcap21%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 35 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 35 I_vote_lcap14%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 35 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 35 I_vote_lcap14%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 35 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 35 I_vote_lcap43%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 35 I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 35 Empty Re: General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:23 am

so this is basically the smash fandom now
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 35 Tumblr_n6zhskDIvc1r4j9uno1_500
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 35 Empty Re: General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

Post by kotakun Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:45 am

the handy guide to picking your starter

which game are you doing this for?
omega ruby:
alpha saphire:
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:58 am

Oh kotakun. Also, Pacman in Smash Bros. what the hell?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:07 am

Well, Namco are making the game. It's only fair. In fact it makes more sense than megaman. As soon as I heard they were in charge, I was rooting for Pacman. Never played one of his 3D games? He can punch and double jump and things. And consider:

Mario V Sonic V Megaman V Pacman
Hardly Nintendo, but GOD EVERY GAMER SHOULD PLAY THIS

Spark: thank you for that perfect gif :0 don't know why anybody surprised though. It was a very common guess at the early stages.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:10 am

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 35 Screen10

beautiful
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:56 am

I'll get Saphire, yet I'll still get Torchic. Unless they greatly change what mons Team Apua uses, picking a fire mon against them isn't too bad since Sharpedo and his prevolution are pretty much their only water types. In fact, most of their mons are dark types, which fighting is super effective against. And besides that, your team will have five more mons, chances are you'll have something else supereffective.

And picking Mudkip wouldn't help against water types either. Really, the only thing that would help would be a grass starter and for some odd reason they seem to have forgotten to add one in the third gen. Also, what's that Treecko thing you keep talking about, I have never heard of it?

Lastly, there is the fact that I didn't get the event Torchic, so, yeah.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:22 am

I do not understand picking starters based on in-game type advantages :/ with the notable exception of Charmander (because few to no alternative pokemon exist pre-brock, and Misty's Starmie is, well, Starmie), their is no game in the series where the type of trainers will have an impact on the difficulty, not if you're halfway competent and don't have pokemon with  only Absorb/Tackle/Mega Drain/Vine Whip.

Seriously. Guys. The games are (piss)easy. Hell, take the opportunity to play left handed; everybody Nuzlocke Shedinja.(omg) mspa
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:33 am

Yeah, which is why I meant that it doesn't matter if one takes the fire starter against the water team.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:18 pm

I'll probably end up nuzlocke-ing it, seeing as how i already have everything.

but i always pick treecko in RSE except when i want to switch things up in a nuzlocke
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:39 pm

Good for you, Hanky. Stick to your shitty grass guns. (jk)

In other news, was anyone else aware that MSceptile ACTUALLY SHOOTS ITS TAIL OFF???? Not the tip! THE WHOLE TREE. Weird or what. Biologically it makes sense I guess... except if the tree is evergreen. They don't shed.

I'm gonna go into ORAS with no party expectations. Mudkip, 1 Random Egg Pokemon, and the rest will be decided on the way. For Z or whatever though, I'm gonna do what I did in BW2: Ditch the starter and any other pokemon bar HM slaves completely and solo the game with low-level but completely trained Pokemon selected beforehand, e.g my Growlithe and Carvanha. (Would've been Amoongus too only I didn't get time to breed for one before the game released.) I totally flew through the entire game, but that was okay since "flew" in this case was every possible synonym for "destructimated". If the game is too easy anyway, might as well win with flair.

I'm thinking, this time around...
Granbull.
Nobody ever uses Granbull for anything. And maybe Zoroark since it's borderline useful and mainly because it was suggested to me by a RNG.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm

Yeah, I mentioned that in my post. Good to know nobody read it :mspa:I'm pretty sure that it's just a glitch as the tail simply disappears, along with the balls. Also, the movement of the tail is just wrong, Sceptile can't shoot it's tail at the opponent like that.

Btw, for those who don't know, you can watch Nintendo news here.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:57 pm

oh my god and i thought i was the only one who completely abandoned my starter in bw2.

it was partially because i caught that shiny sewaddle and partially because i had no desire to train any of the unova starters.

like tepig is just lame as fuck homey
and snivy is boring
and i had already trained a mediocre oshawott
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:28 pm

Pac-Man is my new Smash main.
None of you are allowed to have him.

Hanky, would I be able to get a pac-man mspa face as a smiley? mspa

invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:58 pm

Sorry PD. I read it, but with so much stuff going on it's hard to remember it. I thought I'd heard it on the Smogon forums.

Yeah Unova starters stink :|Well, as standalone designs they're okay (though Emboar would really benefit from not ever existing before, say, gen 11) but statistically, (typing?), movepool... outside of actual outward design they're terrible. I picked Tepig in BW2 ONLY because I was replacing it with Growlithe once it hit level 11.

(I wonder who designed Delphox? Delphox rings a few gen 5 bells, speaking competitively. Which is weird considering the other two are genuinely good.)

Edit: ------> (< . . . o
there you go!

And I said that about Pac Man too Very Happy I'm so glad he's in it. With a very likely chance of a Mrs.Pacman skin. Mind you, I also said I'd main Rosalina, The Mii Fighters, Olimar, King Dedede, Pit, Pikachu and Kirby when each became known as available, as well as whichever of Ness or Lucas shows up. Also, Mr. Game & Watch. I'm kinda fickle Very Happy

(apparently Greninja is a fun hit-and-run attacker that isn't a Sheik clone, Megaman is clunky and has slow respose times for each of his moves, Zsuit Samus is powerful, and Little Mac is really, really dangerous. Whodathunkit.)

Last edited by d_what on Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:02 pm

iT your signature is RUDE!

As for my team, I do know three of the mons I want on my ORAS team, does that count? I want Blaziken because Blaziken is awesome, I want Gardevoir because it became even better since third gen and I just like it and Linoone because HMs and Pickup, Linoone and me are best buddies. Besides those I'll need a flyer and I kind of might want a Manectric, though maybe I'll just get one in X/Y instead.

Hey, what do you think, how good is the chance that secret bases return?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:48 pm

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 35 Screen11

beautiful
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:23 pm

OverlordJ wrote:iT your signature is RUDE!

That's the idea.

Someone at Namco had a lot of fun making stuff up for Pac's moveset. I'm impressed, I mean, Mappy??? Galaga????? This is going to be fun.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:19 pm

There should be a four degrees of galaga a la four degrees of kevin bacon. Consider: Galaga is used by Pacman. Pacman fought Mario. Mario had a basketball game that cameo'd Final Fantasy characters. Final Fantasy characters also exist in Kingdom Hearts. Kingdom Hearts is owned by Disney. Marvel is sometimes owned by Disney. Marvel sometimes has crossovers with DC. Batman is DC. Batman is often teamed with Catwoman. Catwoman was most recently played by Anne Hathaway. Anne Hathaway starred in the Devil Wears Prada with Meryl Streep. Meryl Streep is my favourite actress <3 I forgot where I was going with this?

Also Galaga is in the YuGiOh series* as well as in Namco High.

Galaga's... kind of a slut. It really gets around :/

EDIT: Sorry it was actually Gradius that was in YuGiOh. My bad!

Last edited by d_what on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:28 pm

Hey now, no slut shaming, if that's what Galaga likes to do we shouldn't judge.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:29 pm

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

SHIT FUCK FUCK SHIT HELP I'M GONNA DIE MY FRIEND USES A NORMAL ONE AND IT'S BAD ENOUGH ALREADY HELP
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:40 pm

DAT DESIGN. I CAN'T, IT'S SO PERFECTLY SILLY DAT GEM
WOW

Also, Dw, I was joking, but it's okay.

Smash Run looks fun

Last edited by phantasmalDexterity on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:40 pm

I am on my phone so videos suck but that seems to be about sableye SO PLEASE TELL ME!!!
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:41 pm

Dregadude wrote:General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 35 Screen11

beautiful

Dammit, why didn't I see this before clicking through myself? And while I'm glad for the symmetry that Mega Sableye brings, it does have the potential to be so broken. As for my team, I'm probably going to wing it, but I think I want to have a Shiftry, and maybe an Altaria. In other news, apparently Kyogre just arrived in my neighborhood.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:45 pm

TELL ME WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT IT!!!

Last edited by OverlordJ on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:46 pm

Not much. It has a giant ruby that it hides behind.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next