Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

+16
Sharpedo
phantasmalDexterity
cerebralconfinement
Crobat
kotakun
Xaber
ilikeoctopus
Captain
invisibleTerrarium
OverlordJ
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
Dregadude
Spark Eletran
Hanky Panky
d_what
20 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Hoenn starter are you picking?

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 30 I_vote_lcap7%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 30 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 30 I_vote_lcap21%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 30 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 30 I_vote_lcap14%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 30 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 30 I_vote_lcap14%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 30 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 30 I_vote_lcap43%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 30 I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 30 Empty Re: General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

Post by Hanky Panky Fri May 30, 2014 6:56 pm

i have a bunch of potential high IV gastlys/venipedes lying around
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 30 Empty Re: General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

Post by d_what Fri May 30, 2014 7:12 pm

Maybe we could have multiple eggs? Just to avoid any huge conflicts (e.g. getting a fire or fighting type when you know you want a Blaziken) or the option to "keep the egg streak" going if someone really doesn't know what they're doing team-wise.

My biggest concern is that if I hatch them in Y, they'll grow faster than I'd like. Of course, that's always a problem in playthoughs, but never moreso now that EXP Share works for all Pokemon. So I'd want to start the game with eggs and a slugma temporarily... not particularly fun. But the alternative is to either breeze through the game or not use the EXP Share. Also, I'd want to know what was in the eggs immediately :B

Octi if you're on at the same time as me we could trade some eggs? It doesn't really matter to me how many different people the eggs come from since they're all random anywho. For the same reason, I'm open to as many eggs as you have to spare. Note of warning: There's about 50 different Pokemon that could be in any egg I give you, but I can't guarantee they'll all be different ones. Especially since I have a Vaporeon, an Umbreon, AND an Espeon. That's a lot of Eevee eggs!

(anyway guys if you see me online assume I want eggs)
(that's always true anyway)
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat May 31, 2014 12:24 am

I have fucktons of claunchers from when i was breeding for ss and also a bunch of amauras and a few togepis so i can do that or breed something cool

But i dont want to receive anything, i already planned out my team.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat May 31, 2014 5:25 am

Shhhhh don't tell anybody you sillies :0 otherwise how would it be a surprise??
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat May 31, 2014 9:15 am

Good point haha, i'll breed something you and none of you dorks will know what it is. Besides the person i'm giving it to obviously. They'll know. And also if they decide to tell anyone. Then they'll know too.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:57 pm

okay so iT says he keeps getting redirected when he tries to visit the forum. does anyone else have that problem
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Nope. Although posting on the Quarantine to see if anyone's having problems visiting it might not be the best idea.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:56 am

Well in all honestly I'm on an ipad and i keep getting redorected to the app store by some site called "mobboss" and told to download some game or another. It might be some way the ads interact with the ipad but i know pretty much jack shit about programming so i'm probably pretty wrong here
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:57 am

I don't have eggs lying around, why would I make an egg and not hatch it? That said, I could totally breed something for that, probably.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:15 am

Yeah I have that on my phone (android) occasionally, mobogenie sometimes. It's a script that runs when a particular ad is in the adbox. Refreshing may not work buy going to the page from scratch usually works, albeit unreliably.

Stupid lousy scripts
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:42 pm

yeah sounds like you got adware, iT
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:21 pm

Say, it is supposedly possible to catch fearow on the victory road in gen 6, does anyone of you know how?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:01 pm

They have a chance of appearing in the shaking bushes in the outside areas.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:31 am

What shaking bushes? So far, none of the bushes ever shaked...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:23 am

You mean you've never been ambushed by a Durant? Same thing happens on Victory road once you're outside. You may have to leave and reenter to respawn it though. What are the other 5 'mons you're missing? Gonna guess a legendary, Slurpuff, Aromatisse, and... 2 others.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:08 am

Ambushed? No, I only met them in the cave, like normal...

As for the ones I'm missing, I am currently missing 11 Pokemons, 6 of which I can't get on my own.

The ones I can get are: Fearow and Spearow (assuming I figure out how to makw those bushes shake), Gliscor, Shuppet (though I'll need to catch a Banette first) and Lickilicky

The ones I can't get myself are: Rhyperior, Huntail, Escavalier, Poochyena, Aron and Xerneas

EDIT: Mind you, I'm trying to get the Oval Charm, so I am only trying to see all Pokemons in the Kalos Dex, so while I haven't caught Aromatisse or Slurpuff, I have seen in game trainers use them, which counts towards the Oval Charm.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:34 am

Uhhhhhh... Huh. Right. Looks like I spent too much time on the dex then; I actually caught everything. Well, the Kalos things. Oh well, can't complain!

With any GTS access at all, Escavalier is pretty easy to get. There are plenty of people offering whatshisname in exchange for a thingittybob, both of which are available in-game. Catch is trying to get internet access :0 Likewise, Aron won't take long since people breed them, especially if you look for level 1-9 Arons. Poochyena... probably gonna find a whole lot of people looking for Xerneas in exchange for them. Or Groudon once ORAS comes out.

Rhyperior is painful Neutral
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:56 am

Well, I finally got a Fearow and bred a Spearow right away, I also evolved the whatsitcalled into a Lickilicky. To get Gliscor I'll have to earn some points first and to get Shuppet I'll need to catch Banette, which is only possible on Thursdays, I think.

And yes, Aron, Poochyena and Escavalier shouldn't be too hard to get via online trading.

Hanky Panky has a Rhyperior and said that they are willing to let me borrow it. So that means Xerneas and Huntail are left. But of course I'll need internet access and free time for any of that.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:15 pm

I still need a rhyperior, but if you have a rhydon i can get you one.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:13 pm

Well, I got Gliscor, now Shuppet is the only one I am missing that I can get by myself.

EDIT:

ilikeoctopus wrote:Does anyone know where I could go about asking for a foreign Ditto with good IVs or where I could ask around for a Ditto friend safari? Late to the party, I know, but I'd like to be able to try Masuda'ing.

Aaah! Sorry, do you still want a German Ditto even if it has no special IVs? Sorry I took so long
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:29 am

oh yeah whoops. octi, I have loads of Japanese ones with safari IVs.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:36 am

I caught Banette and bred a Shuppet, which means I got everything I can without Internet. Once I have Internet I'll try to get the rest.

That said, I am doing a fair bit of breeding, mostly to get good IVs in each egg group. So I got a couple 4 IV Bulbasaurs, Phantumps and Shellos, if any of you are interested.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:07 am

GOSH! I am hankerin' (and pankerin') for some ORAS news Neutral There's been so little. Understandable, really, but it's just... there's not even enough to DISCUSS. Besides... Groudon and Kyogre are in it, same engine, new formes, plausible Mega Starters/l@tios. Yeesh. We need more discussion stuff >Sad

So seeing as we're all (mostly?) well settled into X and Y, and that by now everything has stopped seeming weird and alien to us, how's everyone on the Mega Pokemon we have? Thoughts? Have they been benificial? Would we be better off if they'd never existed? Would you have preferred regular evolutions for some Pokemon? Do you hope there will be continuous streams of new Megas every gen, if so, how many? Which Megas have ended up disappointing you, and which have been surprisingly cool? Do you think Game Freak will break their vow of not patching stats and moves by nerfing Mega Kangaskhan? (She's undeniably broken, sits at 80% usage in the official Nintendo metagame. They know this. Suck it, people who think Smogon have no purpose because apparently Game Freak "can do no wrong".) Favourite mega set? (All sample questions, ask your own or tangent, whatever. Just LETS GET CONVERSATION GOING)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:44 am

Well, I have only used them ingame so far, not against actual people. And to be honest, they have been pretty pointless so far.

I've mainly been using MegaCharizard to get the free sunshine, which boosts his fire move and his solar beam. Since he also gets a boost in special attack, that's pretty neat. But really, I rarely use him in combat. He is most useful when I run into a plant type that isn't also poison type. And even then the rest of my team can handle it. His other functions are in air combat, for flying around the map and for destroying those rocks that appear sometimes in battle and have a chance to drop evolutionary stones.

I have also used MegaAlakazam, MegaGengar and MegaGardevoir.
In most cases, going Mega only meant a stat boost for them. MegaGardevoirs ability only matters if your Gardevoir knows a normal type attack and there aren't many special normal type attacks Gardevoir can learn. The three it can get can be good, but I feel pretty meh about it.
MegaGengars ability rarely matters ingame, since most NPC trainers never bother with switching. And losing levitate can actually backfire.
MegaAlakazams ability only matters if the opponent has an ability you REALLY want, which doesn't happen that often either...

All in all, most of the time Megas boil down to a stat boost for me, which is neat but not awesome.

Honestly, I don't hate Megaevolution (though I am still upset about the Mewtwo thing) but I certainly wouldn't care if they don't make any new ones.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:37 am

I like M-Manectric a lot more than I thought I would, it's actually really good. I also don't like Megazard Y as much as I thought I would.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next