Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+16
Spark Eletran
tailoredGoose
Xaber
tinning3
Gelatino
Hanky Panky
muffinz
phantasmalDexterity
d_what
kotakun
cephalopodAscendant
OverlordJ
Hytheter
variegatedDreamraptor
invisibleTerrarium
NinteNerd
20 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 4 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by OverlordJ Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:21 pm

Huh, I didn't even know that.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 4 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by d_what Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:28 pm

I like the fact he's so honest about it. Good for him.

Now let's do that thing where we have a discussion with/about OJ but supply all of OJ's dialogue ourselves. OJ is probably fine with this.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:02 pm

d_what wrote:I like the fact he's so honest about it. Good for him.
Thanks Smile 

Now let's do that thing where we have a discussion with/about OJ but supply all of OJ's dialogue ourselves.
Well, okay, I'm fine w-
OJ is probably fine with this.
...looks like you're off to a good start
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:28 pm

I don't think OJ would care one way or the other about the official pokemon website, especially once he's seen it. He was probably just doing investigative work or something

how am i doing on the whole speaking for you part oj
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:44 pm

Shh Hanky you shouldn't ask for OJ's input. You should just assume, he would agree with me on this.

You see?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:40 pm

I'll just sit over here and look at you, faintly nodding.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:41 pm

phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:53 pm

JRSUS FREAKIN CHRUST those things are so scary I can't spel
Der so scary I think I just experienced puberty again, only this time backwards

Hope the BSTs are massively increased, we've already got to deal with the MLucario/Gengar/Blaziken/Kangaskhan and Aegislash suspects, a tier with those guys in it is NOT one I want to be in! IMMEDIATE UBERS PLEASE! 

*shudders*
UUUGH 
Jesus
SO STRONG
FRIGGIN
@@@@@GH
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:39 pm

d_what wrote:
Hope the BSTs are massively increased,
trfuax: mega-evolution has always added 100 to a pokemon's BST thus far.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:53 pm

With the exception of megalakazam, which only has 90 more. It's supposed to have 10 more sp.def than regular alakazam, 95 instead of 85, but both of them got 10 more sp.def presumably thanks to an error, so their BSTs are 500/590 instead of 490/590.

Also, could sombody post images of those things? I can't see that video because of... reasons.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:12 pm

muffinz wrote:With the exception of megalakazam, which only has 90 more. It's supposed to have 10 more sp.def than regular alakazam, 95 instead of 85, but both of them got 10 more sp.def presumably thanks to an error, so their BSTs are 500/590 instead of 490/590.
Ampharos too I think. According to Serebii he got 10 Def, making his BST 510. And the mega form is...

...or not, according to Bulbapedia Mega Ampharos gets a 100 BST boost on top of the BST boost, to 610.
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:28 pm

d_what wrote:JRSUS FREAKIN CHRUST those things are so scary I can't spel
Der so scary I think I just experienced puberty again, only this time backwards

Hope the BSTs are massively increased, we've already got to deal with the MLucario/Gengar/Blaziken/Kangaskhan and Aegislash suspects, a tier with those guys in it is NOT one I want to be in! IMMEDIATE UBERS PLEASE! 

*shudders*
UUUGH 
Jesus
SO STRONG
FRIGGIN
@@@@@GH
Wait what? They're subject testing MGengar? What?? Mega gengar is a useless piece of shit. Any halfway-decent Psychic-type with priority or good SpD can demolish him in one hit. Why are they doing this??? And MLucario is good, but not uber level. And Blaziken is already banned. But the OTHER TWO. Yeah. Those guys need to go ubers pretty quickly, especially kanga.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:56 pm

If you think Mega Gengar is a piece of shit, you haven't played against any good Mega Gengars. And your argument against it doesn't make sense.

Fistly, there is no such thing as Psychic Priority. 0_0
Secondly, Psychic generally gets killed by Shadow Ball. Most of the Pokemon that survive it either suck or can't KO back anyway without running a terrible set.
Gardevoir and Latias probably beat it, but then Gengar will just switch out. That's the kicker; Gengar can switch out, but you can't. If you can't beat it, you die. If you can, he runs off until it can beat you.

Mega Zam is a surefire win though. Or regular Zam with a sash.

Unless it has a substitute, then you're dead.

I personally don't think its Uber worthy, but it's definitely not a piece of shit.

And then you think Kangaskhan and Aegislash are under worthy? Whaaat?
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:56 pm

...Maybe the reason I think it's a useless piece of shit is because I run MGardevoir and peope underestimate it. mspa I didn't mean Psychic priority, I meant a Psychic pokemon with a priority move. So basically Shadow Sneak or Sucker Punch, which a lot of them get, or will get when Pokebank opens up.

And I said that Mega Kanga and Aegis should definitely go to ubers. I think you should read that bit again.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:00 am

i have a pretty good mega gengar and it gets beaten on a regular basis. same with aegislash. i don't see a strong case for either of them being uber

mega kangaskhan is pretty easy to counter if you have something that walls its narrow selection of moves

i can't say anything about the other megas since i haven't seen enough of them, but mega lucario is a bit too fast for my tastes
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:19 am

invisibleTerrarium wrote:...Maybe the reason I think it's a useless piece of shit is because I run MGardevoir and peope underestimate it. :mspa:I didn't mean Psychic priority, I meant a Psychic pokemon with a priority move. So basically Shadow Sneak or Sucker Punch, which a lot of them get, or will get when Pokebank opens up.

And I said that Mega Kanga and Aegis should definitely go to ubers. I think you should read that bit again.
I meant to say Uber worthy. Neither are particularly powerful in my experience.

The only psychic Pokemon with Shadow Sneak is Gallade/Gardevoir. Sucker Punch is literally exactly what Good Gengar players want you to do, it lets them set up a Substitute for free.
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:22 am

does a kangaskhan break a substitute and then hit again? i've never been in that situation so i don't know. if so, the second hit probably wouldn't even be enough to ko megagengar from high health
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:32 am

Gelatino wrote:does a kangaskhan break a substitute and then hit again?  i've never been in that situation so i don't know.  if so, the second hit probably wouldn't even be enough to ko megagengar from high health
Yes it does, likewise for multi-hit moves. MKanga with EQ might beat Mega Gengar with sub, especially if its gotten to +2 with PUP.

edit: ok nvm, it definitely needs the PUP. Although, if it attacks on the same turn Gengar sets up Substitute it'll do enough to prevent another sub. Also, Gengar can't OHKO even an uninvested Mega Kangaskhan with Sludge Wave. So Kanga would liekly win.

But this comes back to "gengar switches out and comes back to kill something else later."
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:22 pm

does anybody know the names of the currently unreleased legendaries

i know volcanion is one of them but i can't remember the others
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:28 pm

Hoopa and Diancie are the other two.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Do we know anything new about them by now?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:53 pm

We know their types: Fire/Water for Volcanion, Rock/Fairy for Diancie, and Psychic/Ghost (I think) for Hoopa. We also have screenshots of them courtesy of the only guy so far to even partially crack the game, but I don't want to try to track those down right now.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:41 pm

So, nothing new then
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:50 pm

i'm not gonna look at any pictures because i want it to be a surprise

i'm guessing that volcanion is gonna be in one of the closed-off parts of the power plant.  probably geothermal.

also it's about time they made a fire/water type.  underwater volcanoes are such a common natural occurance that it only makes sense to make it into a pokemon

i wonder what makes it so much harder to crack open the secrets of this game than the previous games. i remember having info about genesect and meloetta almost instantly when the bw info came out
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:54 pm

It's the ridiculous encryption Nintendo has on the 3DS system. Smealum is probably really fucking good at whatever he's doing.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next