Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+17
Dregadude
DicksMcgee
ilikeoctopus
Spark Eletran
Gelatino
d_what
Hytheter
OverlordJ
Xaber
cephalopodAscendant
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
muffinz
Hanky Panky
phantasmalDexterity
tinning3
NinteNerd
21 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 25 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by kotakun Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:20 am

Captain wrote:so what up homes
roofs
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 25 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by kotakun Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:23 am

dark didnt get knocked back that hard it did lose steels resistance against it granted so did ghost basically ghosts are the epitome of dickishness and thats why they are so great
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:11 am

Xaber wrote:My christmas was ruined.

Spoiler:
Did somebody order...
A burn heal???
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:15 am

Yeah Darks have actually been improved, oddly. Fairy weakness is *almost* a non-issue. Defensively buffed (weird) in that it's the only remotely viable check to Ghosts besides Blissey and Friends, and huge offensive boost. Its a shame it's not really a viable defensive typing. Closest you get is Sp.Def Tyranitar and Phs.Def Mandibuzz.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:13 pm

But Tyranitar's better Defense stat is Physical (110 vs. 100 normally, 150 vs. 120 when Mega). And either way, it's going to get hit hard by a decent Fighting move. Ghost is still dangerously good now, though. On a somewhat-related tangent, I just realized that Metagross is now really vulnerable to Foul Play. At least it's the only pseudo-legendary not vulnerable to Fairies.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:46 pm

I had a Damon Gant-induced mental breakdown. I fanboyed over a shiny Weavile I got from pD. Kotakun revealed his evil twin. Nelly's boyfriend asked her to a ball. Gela got a tablet. Crobat was vanquished. I helped an Aggron commit suicide. I got a shiny Genesect.

More if I can think of them later.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by DicksMcgee Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:49 pm

I turned 15, got a 3DS and Pokemon Y, drew a bunch of stuff, wrote some things, murdered some clowns, etc.
DicksMcgee
DicksMcgee
Cooltrainer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:50 pm

invisibleTerrarium wrote:Kotakun revealed his evil twin.

I think you mean "eviler". There's no way kotakun's the good twin.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:10 pm

Sp.Def gets boosted by 50% though and Ground and Fighting moves are typically physical and also stronger than their special Ice, Water and Grass counterparts. Tyranitar tanks better on the special side.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:13 pm

Oh right, I forgot that Sandstorms boosted Special Defense. Shows how much I use weather.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:39 pm

i was here
thats bout it
we also decided everybody is literally someone else in some way or another including me being ninte and vice-versa
most of the stuff ive done is probably on the chatbox with nelly and occasionally a few people that pop in or the skype chat with ninte and drega and cc and all really
including the fact we started to play games of cards against humanity and boardgame online from time to time
but thats bout it really
im just kinda draggin it out at this point
didnt really do much other than being in the forum so there isnt much to say
also gela and nelly had like some deep exitencial chats and all while i was there and just watched thats also something that happened
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:51 pm

There's a skype chat?

On the subject of Pokemon Skype chats....

Ok basically it's a long story. Comdisc on MSPAF got too busy and off-topic, so ashdenej made a Skype chat for all the off-topic to go. It's a really cool chat and has some lovely people. Anyway there's like four of us from that chat involved in a separate Pokemon Skype Chat for people who also like MSPA I guess (but that's just because we all came from MSPAF, not a requirement). Basically we discuss various Pokemon stuff there. We have like a few Pokemon related projects being run on the chat that we might sometimes start randomly talking about (we're making a region, one dude has a pokemon taxonomy project, i'm thinking of starting a PMD minific project) but generally speaking we all just talk about Pokemon there.

If you'd be interested in joining tell me yo, i'll just make sure the other dudes are cool with it (I have 99% confidence that they will, it's just polite to ask) and I'll add you.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:02 pm

ye weve got the POKÉMON QUARANTINE OFFICIAL SKYPE OUTLET
where we mostly talk about random stuff including pokémon news and smash and nintendo directs and warn each other if somethings going on in the actual chatbox
its a cool chat
if anyone wants to join they can give me their skype and theyll be added and stuff, the other regulars there would be drega, ninte, cc and takumi with the occasional ca and xaber (and maybe tinning too sometimes)
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:05 pm

Wow, so you're saying a moderator actually responded to off-topicness by fixing the problem with a simple solution instead of just infracting everyone involved and closing the thread? How mature of them! Very impressive.

:maspasms:

Unfortunately, I do not have skyp, do not know where or how to get skyp, and have no plans to get skyp anytime in the near future, so I cannot join your skypy fun.
See, you can tell I don't know anything about it because I accidentally misspelled it.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Hmmm yeah... Comdisc is a long enduring traditional constant though and is highly relevant to MSPA though. Pokemon is not MSPA and only has a vague reference in it, so I can understand why it might have been blocked.

Still, it was a dumb move, especially seeing as Nightfall is on its 8th thread (especially cool because it features Vriska as like the main character) and has like tons of off-topic. Neon (the author) does occasionally calmly tell us to stop though.

Idk.

Anyway, Spark, do you wanna join us or shall we join you? And if the latter, do we have permission to bring our projects and discuss 'em?

EDIT: Skype is like a cool IM client thing. You can do audio chats (like speaking to eachother, good for communication with relatives and/or bf or gf over long distances. Also good for playing co-op games when youre not in the same room.) and Video Chats (pretty much same thing only with the ability to look at ppls faces), but the most frequent use is IM. Think MSN but cooler (imo) I guess? It be http://www.skype.com/en/ here, if y'all interested.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:16 pm

uh
idk
you joining us and talking about the projects and all is fine by me aaaand there isnt really anybody else really online in the group
therefore that clearly means my opinion is all that matters mspa
but yeah im fine with you guys joining our group and bringing your projects along, i dont see a problem
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:22 pm

Sweet!

My account name is captaincombusken, current username turntechCaptain. Current avvie is the same as this one.

I can add the others.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:25 pm

-stuff about skype chat-
i actually have to add to this that the thing with the comdisc happened like a year and a half ago, and that was a totally different era. The mods and admins had a lot of things on their hands which lead to a very mellow moderating. there were like 5 active mods for the whole forum.
the thing with the poke chat thread happened in the new era when new mods were recruited and things became more strict.
and ashdenej is arguably much more laid back and friendlier

i wasn't around much here cause i was tumblring, studying for exams and playing starbound
who else likes starbound
we could do some planet exploring together
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:38 pm

phantasmalDexterity wrote:the thing with the poke chat thread happened in the new era when new mods were recruited and things became more strict.
and ashdenej is arguably much more laid back and friendlier
ive heard the mspaf mods have a list of people who theyd love to ban at the first possible chance i dont think anyone here is on it but still friendliness is number one except to these people who we want to kill at the first possible chance

but yeah ash is so much better than those newbie mods and very likely the best of all the mods ash for president 2016 even though hes british i dont care
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:46 pm

I like ash but drillg is probably the chillest of them
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:24 pm

Captain wrote:I guess this qualifies. Mini Ghost type rant. Currently frickin loathe these things. Only weaknesses are itself and the poor type that got mugged off this gen (why did it need another weakness gf? whyyyyyyyy)
go, sleep captain, you're mixing up your types.

#psychic is not dark
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:53 pm

Well, I completely upended the forum when I made a Crobat account. I eventually revealed that it was me and then later I claimed to be Sharpedo as well. Jury seems to still be out on that one.

Kinda disappointed nobody remembered either of those events. Oh well.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:09 pm

No he's right? Ghost is weak to Ghost (making it an impossible check) and Dark. It's as bad as Dragon was except without the steel resistance (or the resistance to the elements.)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:56 pm

Even worse, most viable Ghosts get Dazzling Gleam to kill Dark-types.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:59 pm

I mentioned Crobat in mine.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next