Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+17
Dregadude
DicksMcgee
ilikeoctopus
Spark Eletran
Gelatino
d_what
Hytheter
OverlordJ
Xaber
cephalopodAscendant
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
muffinz
Hanky Panky
phantasmalDexterity
tinning3
NinteNerd
21 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 32 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by NinteNerd Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:54 pm

i don't know if i ever posted here that my clawitzer's Quick Claw once activated four turns in a row, but..
yeah.
that was a thing that happened.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 32 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:08 pm

So I've encountered a strange bug/glitch/something in Puzzle Swap. My friend (who never got the update to add the Games area to Mii Plaza) has pieces for a bunch of puzzles that won't show up for me. I've had the Games area update for a while and updated again last night just in case, but I can't get any pieces for the puzzles with the purple tiles. Anyone have any clue what's going on or how to fix this?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:15 pm

Whoops I just ate dinner and I come back and you aren't here anymore? We should definitely play together sometime even though I don't even know how to play with friends online.

(And also I haven't Streetpassed anyone in three days or so--no clue, sorry...)
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:24 pm

Okay, a quick Google search actually gave me the solution. I never enabled SpotPass, which unlocks the extra puzzles beyond the default ones.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:38 am

While we're on the subject, I'd just like to point out that 4 1/2 months ago when I came to college I had 2 Streetpasses. I now have over 500.

aw yeah time to rake in the jealousy
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:56 am

Did I just hear range/homing modifier Eyetracks being mentioned?????
Spoiler:

Anyway I should point out that you can't get +4 range or homing, they stop at 3. Also the online is still busy, but it's not as hectic. Back a few months ago it was easier to find people with competitive builds, now it's just random people. If we're ever online at the same time we should play together! But that's pretty unlikely (GMT 0) Sad

As a staff user (who has used Orbitars and Palms in the past, what can I say, I like range) I should note that I'm a great asset on light vs dark for constant damage and pressure and sniping. In 6 v 6 I'm deadly too since I can both make kills and easily steal other's via the aforementioned range and sniping. But if I start getting targeted by a fast arm or claw player then I'm basically dead weight since I need distance Sad so play nice guys, you big crowd of melee users!
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:35 pm

Whatever it was, I'm pretty sure I maxed them. They're great and probably the most terrible thing I'll ever do in an online game.

Also--maybe it's just me but I played online yesterday and it was a crapload of competitive build people... My team kept getting squashed by some guy with Beam Claws.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:12 am

I can't get into the weapons scene in KI, I dunno why. My major gaming weakness is that stats always seem so arbitrary to me, especially in a fast paced game like this. Which is wierd because my favourite genre is RPGs, which is a mathematicians dream. I know bigger is better, but I'mn never really bothered about it, which is what took me so long getting into pokemon breeding as well. Although I have been toying around the different weapon types, which is helping understand how this stuff works. and I can't do multiplayer until i've finished the single player, don't be silly!

I've been playing Morrowind for a while now. My brother got me that, Oblivion and Skyrim for christmas with all the DLCs, so I likely won't be done with those anytime soon.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:55 am

Man, I loved Morrowind but somehow, all of my saves got deleted...

But yeah, Morrowind continues to be one of my favourite games. Even though it has flaws. Like, seriously HUGE flaws.

If you want to play a magic focused character, you will spend a LOT of the time sleeping, while a melee character doesn't need to sleep at all most of the time. And be careful, because when you sleep, that can trigger random encounters and with the DLCs, these encounters include freaking assassines that will literally MURDER YOU. And you will be fucked, because obviously you went to sleep in order to regenerate and the encounters don't happen at the end of sleeping but they happen in the middle of sleeping, waking you up at a point where you probably didn't fully regenerate yet.

I could go on about how early game magic focus sucks but honestly, even though there are SO many troubles with it, it's still hilarious.

Plus, you can make additions and changes to Morrowind SO easily, which is great. You could literally make your own LAND!

So yeah, Morrowind is probably one of my favourite games of all times, if not in fact my favourite game, period. And I obviously love Skyrim, too. Oblivion is supposedly pretty neat, too, though I never played that.

Oh yeah I also have a 3DS now.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:44 am

I've chosen to be a spellsword, since while I like having the option of using magic- which has helped quite a bit, and always does- I mainly like to whack at things with swords, so running out of mana isn't a big deal. I'm also an Argonian because lizard people are cool. And so far I've fought 2 assassins at level 2 and they've not been too much of a bother, in fact they've given me quite a lot of loot to sell. The first one did spawn in a locked room, so I had to break the law to get at 'im.

And something about the graphics is really charming and nice. The combat was mystifying at first due to the relatively high chance to miss compared to the straightforward Oblivion and Skyrim combat, but I got used to it once I learnt what stat goverened the accuracy. This is the type of rpg that knowing stats isn't just helpful, it's vital.

There was something at the end of your post there, but eh, I'm sure it was nothing important  Wink 
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:01 pm

When you mean spellsword, do you mean "A person with an enchanted sword" or "A Person who uses summoned weapons", because I usually use the term spellsword for the second, though I heard some people use it for the first.

Argonians are neat, especially since being able to breathe underwater is WAY more useful in Morrowind then it is in Skyrim.

If I remember the Morrowind stats correctly, I'd advice you to try and max out Constitution or what it was called as quickly as possible, because that stat gives you a bonus to your health each time you level up.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:07 pm

NinteNerd wrote:
also psssst HP you should unsticky the secret santa thread.

Just did it.

regarding the elder scrolls, i always pick argonian.
then usually i pay heavily into sneak, archery, and speech.
i'm sad that they removed the unarmed and unarmored skills because i would totally make a badass brawler that doesn't use armor or weapons. basically he would run dungeons naked punching the shit out of dragons. would be cool.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:11 pm

"I once had sex with Eartha Kitt in an airplane bathroom."
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:40 pm

I bought Skyrim in the hopes my computer could handle it

No such luck.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:21 pm

...did Tinning not already have a 3DS already, didya T, gosh I'm so confused I cannot keep up with all you people and your gaming statuses! D:
For Pete's sake this is a Pokemon forum get yerselves 3DSusses already!

I own oblivion but never pursued it. Got it as a mandatory part of a game development module I took, but ended up not finishing the course. It was an extra one so it didnt matter. The disc also came with bioshock but I haven't even touched it. I just can't invest in games anymore, life and Pokémon take up too much time as-is.

Spoiler:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:22 pm

Okay, d_what, you have to be free quickly so I can get you that Bold Zubat.

EDIT: Actually not right now, I need to go get lunch.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:13 pm

d_what wrote:...did Tinning not already have a 3DS already, didya T, gosh I'm so confused I cannot keep up with all you people and your gaming statuses! D:
For Pete's sake this is a Pokemon forum get yerselves 3DSusses already!
well ill let you know that it is not not false that i didnt not unreceive a not ungifted 3ds that i didnt not pay for but not really for not not christmas not late in not november not
i do however have y and thats all that matters
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:45 pm

See I don't even think those negatives cancel properly. Is unreceive even a word?? For clarity you'd better phrase it again but with more typos.

CA my internet has been so shitty the last few days >:[ I have to keep "turning it on and off again" to get any kind of speed. So I'm liable to miss narrow windows.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:47 pm

Well, that was partially my fault for picking a bad time. Whenever your internet gets more stable, just let me know and we can figure out a good time.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:55 pm

d_what wrote:See I don't even think those negatives cancel properly. Is unreceive even a word?? For clarity you'd better phrase it again but with more typos.
us rtj not ntow flase that i fnfnwen nto utnreouiase a nt unafirir 3nsfh thati o funn not pay ogi but not sreally ofu obtobt charwoist bos laes in boar ansotjse obt

better?
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:04 pm

The spellsword is a pre-made class that has majors in in medium armor and longswords as well as certain schools of magic, basically a red mage (or, if you don't play final fantasy, it's a jack of all trades).

It was OJ who finally got the 3DS not me, I've had mine a while now. And what even was that original message, was that typed blind? Or asleep?
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:04 pm

Look at you, living up to your username
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:06 pm

Whoa, wait, OJ has a 3DS now? Do you know your Friend Code yet?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:54 pm

Yeah this. ^

Also my internet speed is, using speedtest.net, peaking at 0.90mbps and a low of 0.13, upload is 0.50 to 0.10. That's without any other devices using it Sad stupid shitty first world internet service providers. Why couldn't we be in, like, Korea or something. They have great internet.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:32 pm

Oh, am I the only one who saw OJ's mini message? Whoops, sorry OJ, if it wasn't for me that would have remained a secret :I
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next