Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+17
Dregadude
DicksMcgee
ilikeoctopus
Spark Eletran
Gelatino
d_what
Hytheter
OverlordJ
Xaber
cephalopodAscendant
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
muffinz
Hanky Panky
phantasmalDexterity
tinning3
NinteNerd
21 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 17 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by muffinz Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:55 pm

so what does sharpedo have from me

also happy like one and a half days after new year
yeah okay not being able to go here in ie is making me forget about this place way too easily
seriously i don't mean to post so little
i just kinda forget to go here at all since its in a different window from all my other tabs
sorry bout that
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 17 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by kotakun Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:11 pm

because surfing and flying pikachu are too awesome to spread
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DicksMcgee Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:29 pm

Obviously Sharpedo has my charm and good looks. mspa
DicksMcgee
DicksMcgee
Cooltrainer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:32 pm

Mega Pikachu X and Mega Pikachu Y: gain water and flying types, increased defenses and sp.atk, balloons and surfboard appear from nowhere (hey if Machoke can materialise pants this should be allowed).

The funny thing is, Electric/Flying and Electric/Water are really good typings. But the stat increase would have to be HUGE to justify using them and they'd need more than just surf and fly. Maybe cool abilities.

Lmao unburden on a mega
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:37 am

And now I have AAAAAALL the mega stones. All of them. (Except the x-exclusive ones) (would someone trade me those) (ill give em back obviously)
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:59 am

What would be the point of that? It's not like they count towards pokedex completion.

That said, I wish I had Pinsirite. But for keeps. I'm just never gonna use Heracronite and Houndoominite is completely inferior to Manectricite. It's official: X has the best megas.

Not counting Mewtwo and Charizard because they're completely subjective.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:29 am

oh man i would give you my pinsirite but it's just so amazing there's no way i could go without it
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:46 am

Yep that's basically exactly why I want it.

Beats me why they made version exclusives one-offs. I understand encouraging trading but you could have done that with farmable mega stones too.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:05 pm

And guess who's too lazy to grab all of the mega stones... I know this is putting me at a disadvantage in matches but uuugh effort.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:13 pm

It really isn't. Mega stones are useless unless you happen to be using a mega, and unless that mega is Lucario or Kangaskhan or something, it's probably useless too without a team to support it. Nobody has to find all the mega stones unless they've needed them all at one point or another.

I'm training an Alakazam now and it's not even using a Mega stone which justngoesnto show.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:17 pm

nelly, sharpedo has the sharpness of cutman's blades from you mspa

i want a quickie analysis toooooooo...what's sharpedobot taken from me?
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:19 pm

Your ineffability.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:30 pm

d_what you can probably have my pinsirite. even though mega-pinsir is way cooler than mega-heracross, pinsir itself is a dumb piece of poop who i will never put in the effort to raise.

i think the only megas i plan on ever using consistently is Houndoom, Mawile, Kangaskhan, Venuasaur, Aggron[don't have Y though ], and megazardX. probably gyrados too and pooosibly aerodactyl and tyranitar. i don't like gyrados itself much, so really my use of its mega depends on whether i feel like raising one.
also abomasow once or twice for the lulz. MegaMewY, if a buddy and i feel like doing legend battles or something. [but i have ugly Xite anyway, so meh]
ok, so i guess that's actually a lot of them. :b

mega pikachus as you guys described would be hilariously awesome XD

where's the best place in-game for level-grinding?
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:34 pm

I still stand by Le Wow plus O-Powers for level grinding. It might be a problem that it's once a day, but I hear the E4 is good, too?

I've been working on the Battle Chateau but all the Pokemon there are still only around lv.30 or so.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:55 pm

nooooo Le Wow is infuriating because of the turn limits. maybe once i get more money and i stop caring about that.

also gela a togepi hatched from your egg :3
has Hustle though. :L perfect DEF IV
on the subject of togepi, you know that japanese one i got from wonder trade in my first playthough? and how it has 4 perfect IV's? somebody just CAUGHT it like that. CAUGHT a 4IV 'mon in their safari. [atk and spdef imperfect]
what are the odds.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:56 pm

About 1 in 202, maybe 212 I forgot which. 

I also use Le Wow, using rotation battles gets you from level 1 to withij the mid 40s depending on exp group with lucky egg and the o power. Use Serena to up it to 50 and if that doesn't work, hordes of Floatzel in victory road with the usual stuff give like 10,000 exp. Lickitung and Geodude don't though so only use it for maybe two or three levels or something. NN if you want I can trade you one of my Aggronite or Houndoomite, Aggron actually IS useable but I don't like megas a whole lot and there are at least ten more steel types I'd use on a team before I would personally use an Aggron. 

(Not in order)
Klefki, Scizor, Bronzong? Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Forretress, Empoleon- if Defog gets a tutor this gen, Magnezone, Lucario, Mawile? Jirachi- if I can ever bother sr'ing one from SS, Heatran-likewise, Aegislash. Wow that's a lot of steel types. Hell - it's most of them!

E: forgot Bisharp, he's really cool this gen, but only after 6th gen tutors are a thing.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:31 pm

i got houndoominite from another friend already, but aggronite would be cool, thanks :]
i don't really care if it's actually usable; Aggro Crag did decently last gen without megas, so i trust she'll do even better with a 100BST boost.

also can we talk about Poison Fang's 50% CHANCE TO INFLICT TOXIC POISON THIS GEN??
it still only has 50 BP, but this makes it a viable status move.
i don't know if i want it on my Tryrantrum or not! it'll be a great counter to fairies with its Strong Jaw boost, but at the same time, i'd rather opt for Ice Fang to counter a crapload of other things. i'm actually very conflicted for tyrantrum's moveset... rock slide is prolly a given STAB, rock polish is happening because he's surprisingly fast after a boost, and earthquake is almost always a given. but besides those, every biting move is a viable option as well. i am NOT putting dragon claw on him though.
am confus halp.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:44 pm

Wait sorry Ninte I just realized the only Pokemon I had on me when you challenged was my Talonflame for hatching eggs (and a bunch of eggs).

Speaking of which, is there some way to choose Battle Box Pokemon when someone challenges you?
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 pm

Darn internet eating my comments again.
Basically: YES! But you have to have stuff in the battle box first. If you do, it'll show up 100% of the time. It's pretty great.

GODDaMN I EVEN LOST MY MOVE CHOICES COMMENT UUYRGH
OKAY. So usually I stay away from moves that cause poison, short of dedicated walls that require it, the reason being toxic poison does less damage than burn over small amounts of time, and interferes with the insanse side effects of burn, paralysis and sleep. Toxic is kinda inferior except against walls, and there aren't really and fairy walls that are bothered by poison. Azumarill hates paralysis and burn, Mawile is immune, Clefable laughs with magic guard, Gardevoir is neutral to it and would be better off paralysed. Togekiss admittedly does not like being poisoned, but Sylveon and Florges can heal it off IIRC. 
Another thing to consider is how the SPECIFIC fairies take damage. You don't need poison or steel to hurt Florges and Sylveon, not when their defense is poor. And again, Mawile and Klefki are immune, whereas both are weak to Earthquake and Fire Fang, and Togekiss + Azumarill are weak to Thunderfang. Check out the official sets and see what they suggest.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:59 pm

MY RAICHU JUST OUTSPED A NOIVERN HOT A WHAT

D_WHAT ASK YOUR INTERNET WHAT I DID TO PISS IT OFF
also, as for icon things, that only displays on your profile[not main PSS Screen]. but i see yours is the shiny gyrados image :] [did you get mine yet?]
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:31 pm

Oh yeah yours is there! Kinda hidden away though. I mean, how often do you actually click someone's profile? Thanks for the stone! Sorry about the multi battle. Captain was on but no response and another guy from league, he's pretty cool, knows his stuff and is into doubles but I guess he was busy. Oh well.

Also wow slow Noivern :/ Noivern's only real redeeming feature is its speed, it should not be letting itself get beat like that.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:45 pm

Really i just want em in my pokedex, because theyre cool to look at. My brother leant em to me to use for a bit.
(Don't tell him but I stole his Manectite)
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:43 pm

(How would we tell him)
(Omg)
(U r drillgorg)
(Shh noboby tell gelatino)
(Shhhh)
(Something something transitive property something octi is Sharpedo something)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:27 pm

Ah, the transitive property. Best abused to demonstrated how half a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:27 pm

Speaking as a lifelong vegetarian, I will take this opportunity to trade you my ham sandwich for your eternal happiness. I'll even take the crusts off.

Back on topic, (yeah right) has anyone else noticed how the shading at night time in XY is a bit off? Maybe it's just route 7 (daycare road) but in the evenings the river is a pretty dark green-blue and the ground is dark and the espurr are dark grey. But then when night time comes around, the river gets lit up like a hotel swimming pool. It's like they forgot to turn off the lights.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next