Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+17
Dregadude
DicksMcgee
ilikeoctopus
Spark Eletran
Gelatino
d_what
Hytheter
OverlordJ
Xaber
cephalopodAscendant
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
muffinz
Hanky Panky
phantasmalDexterity
tinning3
NinteNerd
21 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 26 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by d_what Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:59 pm

Even worse, most ghosts get focus blast to kill dark types and normal types. Who are immune to ghost. It's flawless coverage really.

Poison resist ghost y/n?
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 26 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by phantasmalDexterity Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:15 pm

oh yeah. it is the other way around
hmm, damn i'm stupid
wait ghost is weak to dark
i never realized that apparently
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:22 pm

Yep. And more notably, Aegislash is weak to dark. And ghost. Not just Fire and ground. It's pretty great.

IDE: ability - Reflexive
The Pokémon is unaffected by moves with higher priority.

And then give it to a speedy sweepy Rock/Ice type. THAT should clear a few things up with game freak. Or a tanky medium speed dark/steel maybe. But no speed boosting moves or an insane attack stat, the ability shouldn't automatically mean "get to +2 +2 and sweep without getting KO'd!", it should just be a pokemon made viable by removing a weakness to a few very prominent moves.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:34 pm

ghost does resist poison, yes.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:39 pm

i signed up for skype but i can't figure out how it works and i don't really want to figure it out
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:03 pm

(Other way around Hanky)
(It's a suggestion)
(Mutual resistances)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:04 pm

Yeah I'm in the same boat as Gela. I created an account to play League with a few of my friends but it's hardly ever open on my computer and I know not how to use it :I
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:08 pm

Are we talking about how much we hate Ghosts/Dark types? Because hi there!

There are no words to describe how terrible I feel when Alakazam can't take out Ttar with Focus Blast because then the rest of my team is all set to die.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:16 pm

I have an account but seriously fuck skype
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:21 pm

I don't really get what's so hard to understand on its functions and i definitely dont understand why ppl dislike it

you search for people and friend request. They say yes. You click on their name. You type and exchange pleasantries, much like any IM. you post ur username for ppl to friend request you. you say yes. if someone if ur friend you can add them to a convo with somebody else and woah suddenly a group chat

but w/e i guess. opinions exist and youre entitled to yours, even if i personally dont think it makes sense

Last edited by Captain on Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:23 pm

I prefer using Gchat since I don't have to open another application to use it. I mostly am unfamiliar with Skype because I use it only rarely.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:25 pm

i have it set to open on startup so yeah its like always open for me, because pressing x dont close it and signing out is dumb
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:45 pm

when i open mine up it's just a big ol' white screen with absolutely no interface, and then the thing is still lingering on my taskbar when i want to close it and that seems a bit intrusive
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:50 pm

speaking of dark and or ghost types since mawile got a megaevo it makes sense that sableye should as well i think that its ability should be something which at least grants it a resistance to fairy types if not an immunity because that was its whole fuckin gimmick and it should return to that
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:09 pm

Skype bugs me because it doesn't actually close when you hit the X at the top of the window.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:28 pm

invisibleTerrarium wrote:I have an account but seriously fuck skype

my sentiments exactly

i didn't even bother installing it on the new computer.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:47 pm

kotakun makes yet another good point
despite his lack of punctuation

sableye's got terribad stats because it was immune to everything without weaknesses
now it just has terribad stats
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:15 am

also prankster
never forget prankster
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by DicksMcgee Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:37 am

I hate skype but all the guys are on skype so I never talk to them now :c
DicksMcgee
DicksMcgee
Cooltrainer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:55 am

I can at least understand why they won't let it have a regular evo. Eviolite Sableye is not something I would wish on anybody. And I can't help but feel there's not gonna be any more megas, we already know what ones are hidden, dlc is not gamefreak's modus operandi, and it's said to be a Kalos exclusive thing so unless there's some in the inevitable sequel then I think we have what we've got. Not that I mind, I never got the whole "bawww gf loves blaziken" thing. So? Starter's aren't created equal and Blaziken was broken before it got a mega.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:56 am

Dregadude wrote:wow what is sleep and who needs it anyways

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 26 Spheal_roll

There, that should satisfy enough of D_What's recommendations. Hope you enjoy it IT!

d_what wrote:OJ's gonna be SOOOOO PISSSSSSSED :0

DON'T THINK I MISSED THIS JUST BECAUSE THERE WERE LOADS OF PAGES.

Also, hello Capt'n, nice to have you back.

Also, I don't do Skype
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:22 am

I still feel that Sableye should get SOMETHING because there are other things with Prankster that can do it better IMO

Also, I kind of like that Ghost is being awesome, it's not quite the level of Psychic in the first gen I think but I enjoy it
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:46 am

Nah, Sableye is a pretty perfect Pokemon as is. Owns its niche. There's a lot of Pranksters but Sableye brings a lot to the table, the only thing it could really want is slightly increased stats but that would make it more of a staple than a highly viable option. No thanks.

Also OJ don't become the kind of person who bawwwwed anytime anything bad happened to Dragons in the last gen Razz A ghost nerf is inevitable!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:38 am

You know, I wonder if part of the reason Game Freak introduced Mega Evolutions is so that they wouldn't have to retcon what can and can't use Eviolite, but still give Pokémon stronger forms. And I highly doubt that they'll drop Megas once we leave Kalos. There are still plenty of fan-favorites that could use one, and for better or worse, it has altered the metagame significantly. Now, Mega Evolution probably won't be a plot point in future games, but that's different than saying Game Freak's going to remove them entirely.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:54 am

I was wondering the same thing myself, but it collapses when you consider things like Mega Alakazam or Ampharos, or the legendaries. So perhaps it's "part" of the reason.
And I never thought they'd be dropped, simply not added to. Before anyone says 'but it'd be so weird for it to just STOP after a particular generation!", may I remind you it already has? There's no megas past fourth gen. We can survive without more and anyway bar sylveon it's been ages since we've had a proper evo. Yanmega and Mamoswine and Electivire and Froslass are awesome additions to the series, Mamoswine in particular since nobody was claiming Piloswine needed an evo, but ended up great anyway.
Some pokemon would be weird with an evolved form anyway. It's why I like the megas; they're not quite the same difference as a regular evo. It's half way between a form change and an evolution, which works well for guys like Lucario and Absol who COULD'VE evolved further but would have no real reason to.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next