Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

+12
tinning3
d_what
Captain
Sandstriker
Spark Eletran
NinteNerd
muffinz
OverlordJ
Gelatino
cephalopodAscendant
invisibleTerrarium
Hanky Panky
16 posters

Page 4 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 37  Next

Go down

If both were guaranteed to happen in sequence, which would you rather have released next?

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 4 I_vote_lcap100%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 4 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by Sandstriker Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:29 pm

I'm probably getting sun. Moon just doesn't sound too compelling to me. Then again, the second the legendaries are shown, I'll know for certain which one I'm getting.
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 4 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:30 pm

d_what wrote:Not that I know. Both Reshiram and Xerneas were confirmed by the devs after their games respective releases as being divided on male/female lines, with those getting the feminine side. It's not just something I'm making up! The others might too but it's just conjecture. Either way that's the last two gens worth of box legends working that same trope.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 4 250px-716Xerneas
but xerneas has antlers.... like...

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 4 Buck
like a male deer....

and reshiram has...
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 4 250px-643Reshiram

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 4 Latest?cb=20140501032456
um... yeah,.,,..

jokes aside, could i get a source on that? i dont think i ever heard it and i'm curious, because i don't see many ""feminine"" influences in xerneas or reshiram besides, like, rainbows and fairies.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:38 pm

listen CC, you're definitely not at all wrong to say that people shouldn't feel entitled to something unlikely and then get mad when they don't get it, but you seem to be SO worked up over this. i get it, it's annoying when people act so irrationally! but i mean... people are gonna do what they're gonna do, and there's no way to change that. personally, i just feel like leaving those kinds of people alone to be angry in peace, since nothing i can do would change their mind. it's easier that way, you know?

i have to disagree on the x/y thing though. you say they were announced in january and we didn't get anything 'till april, BUT x/y's announcement was a major announcement. we got all the starters' unobscured pictures, names, we got footage of the gameplay... it was huge. after a very big announcement like that, it makes sense to leave the fans alone for a while before dropping anything else.

d_what wrote:People can complain for 40 pages on the exact term used to describe the colour of Y's logo, or whatever else they'd like.
for the record it's maroon, not burgundy. make sure you get it right because if you don't i'm gonna come to your house and paint it burgundy to show you how wrong you are.

also i don't really understand the whole legendary gender thing??? i mean reshiram/zekrom i can KINDA see but literally none of the other box legendaries seem gendered to me
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:11 pm

The Reshiram source has done the rounds for ages, it's referenced in bulbapedia's trivia section for Reshiram in fact. The Xerneas one was more obscure and I've only seen the article once, can't track it down. I distinctly remember it though because a) I was disappointed they'd try the same schtick two gens in a row and b) I couldn't really see it. Passive/active, yes, peaceful/violent yes, but male/female only by implication.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:37 pm

Doublepost for IMPORTANCE.

I'm initiating a DEFCON SPOILER BURGUNDY alert protocol, for the safety of ourselves and for the continued sanity of the thread..

------------------------------------------------------------

LELOUCH, a well known source of illicitly leaked game info in the past, is hinting he'll drop stuff tomorow. For veracity's sake... this is the guy that leaked THE ENTIRE GEN 5 DEX. As well as the fairy type, but other people guessed that too so I'll discount it. Point it, this guy is known to harbor NUCLEAR DEVICES and WILL NOT HESITATE TO DEPLOY THEM. As such, the following conditions should apply to ensure thread safety:

For those who like to remain completely spoiler free and go into SM blind, we've got your back. DEFCON 3 "GIBBOUS": Spoilers, Hints, and REACTIONS/DISCUSSION to those or any spoilers and hints, regardless of apparently likelihood or veracity, should be hidden. Let's keep it to one outside spoiler tag at most to remove temptation! Don't forget to also have spoiler-free content in your post so we don't get half a page full of unreadable bullshit and tempting buttons to press. Ideal stuff for this entry-level spoiler includes things like graphics engine screenshots, version boxart, region inspiration, game theme, or new moves, but NOT starters. They're too big a leak for this level!

For those who don't object to spoilers in general but do to the BIG STUFF, we should also cater to that. DEFCON 2: "CRESCENT" Larger ticket items that are best revealed by game freak (i.e. important and not ultimately redundant) should be hidden in a sub-spoiler in the main spoiler. That's things like important plot characters, exciting new mechanics or features, legendary types and abilities, starters, and images of those things.

DEFCON 3 and then divided by 3: "NEW MOON"

The subbiest of sub-sub spoilers! This is in case of serious nuke material. If you're gonna post about this stuff, please put it three spoilers down. This includes the stuff that even Game Freak wouldn't be comfortable about us knowing before release. Entire pokedex contents, extra legends, final starter types, seriously shocking forme changes or new evolutions and megas (arbitrarily, let's put them here for now), huge plot points, anything that is definitely and without fail something that everyone should discover for themselves.

-----------------------------------------------

Sorry for minimodding, but taking any of this stuff casually risks ruining the whole thing for a lot of people. Equally, those that want to discuss it should be able to discuss it. So I guess it's like alcohol, drink it responsibly and respect other's boundaries, and everybody should have a good time?

Last edited by d_what on Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:51 pm

holy shit everything big happens on 4/13 doesn't it

Both "GIBBOUS" level and "NEW MOON" level are written with a 3. Should one of them have a 1 instead? Just asking for clarity's sake.

This is a good system though! I hope everyone will follow it.

EDIT: I am about to walk out the door now for some brotherly birthday experiences! I will see you all back here in a few hours to begin preparing for Act 7.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:00 pm

It's 3 devided by 3, that's 1

Also, various deer or whatever thingies can have antlers as females, it depends on what exactly they are. Just like female cows can have horns, depending on the breed.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:24 pm

Dangit I'm going to start desperately catching up on MSPA after I get this hw/project at least slightly limping along
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:45 pm

So

Let's talk about something else, liiiike...

How's that shitty PPG reboot huh :0
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:48 pm

I haven't seen it. Other than the praise for some pro-trans message, I haven't heard anything good about it, but I also haven't really heard any specifics about why it's bad.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:51 pm

Praise is not the word I'd use from what I've heard about the "pro-trans" episode. From what I hear it was done extremely poorly, and was pretty offensive.
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:53 pm

To be fair, the praise I've heard is coming from people who wouldn't know real activism if it bit them in the ass, so...
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:31 pm

The trans episode has a pony who wants to be a unicorn get ridiculed, mutated ("This will change your body forever! It's your choice!") and then turned into an actual monster before learning to accept he's just a pony

...only he's actually been a unicorn all along with a tiny horn hidden under his hair. Yeah it's pretty Not Good.

related: removing Miss Bellum and making the same episode show the Mayor as someone suddenly competent and the hero
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:19 pm

yeah that particular episode was basically just about the most insulting thing they could've done with a so called " " "trans episode" " ". bad representation is worse than no representation, and that episode was very, very bad representation.

the episode literally tried to portray transitioning as a bad thing. it acted as if all people who want to change their body to match their view of themself are making a foolish, hasty mistake. like, how much fucking WORSE can an episode about quote-on-quote "gender issues" get!?

other bad-to-terrible things about the show:

- it had not one but TWO "haha there's a man wearing a dress, isn't that funny" jokes in the first three episodes
- one episode portrayed bullfighting as a fun, wholesome sport that bulls enjoy being a part of
- the creators bragged that villains and monsters will be backdrops to more "realistic" plots about "the lives of kids"
- i know spark said this already but miss bellum was scrapped completely and no longer exists
- the lineart is really ugly
- ugly color palettes
- characters are sized and positioned badly and the perspective is really screwed up
- seriously, it looks like it was made in flash by amateurs on no budget
- the professor's chin is round
- mojo jojo doesn't speak redundantly anymore

i wasn't even overly enthusiastic about the original show in the first place, but the reboot manages to be enormously worse in every possible aspect. it's amazing how badly they screwed it up, like even teen titans go looks good next to this thing.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:25 pm

1) I didn't know a reboot was a thing
1+1) it seems I'm not missing anything?
3) bubbles is my favourite character
4) eh idk don't really have much of a stake in this in any case so w/e my mind is mostly occupied by headaches and Pokémon cards right now anyway

Did they market it as a gender/trans-themed episode or was that just floating around on the ether? One is really inflammatory, the other is entirely uninteresting.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:31 pm

yes they definitely tried to portray it as an episode about so-called "gender issues". they did a whole pretentious-sounding interview about how deep it was and everything.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:10 pm

they said it was "full of subtext" about "questioning who you are, what you are, who you are on the inside and the outside"

it almost makes me feel bad because like. the people behind the show DON'T seem bad. they seem like really good artists! i've seen some shit they made and it looks actually good and they've worked on good plots before

but. how did it become this TRAINWRECK

i still hate ttg more just because of the attitude of the showrunners, it still feels like more of a spit in the face to cartoons in general than ppg, which is at least... sort of trying but failing really badly

oh yeah also

the old designed phone and such have been replaced by a smartphone with the phone's face on the screen which. i have nothing against including new technology in animation, but it should make SENSE. this design is so much worse than the old one, just give the girls their own phones but keep the actual emergency one around

similarly they're already dating themselves by having an episode where bubbles goes, i shit you not, "OH-EM-GEE! YASSSS" with a party girl outfit, i can't evens (i actually like that language but the way it was done was Bad) and then later proceeds to twerk with blossom

it's. yeah.

also they keep doing this weird thing and fucking up the eyes of the girls like. ppg eyes are VERY PARTICULAR. if you don't do em the right way they just look wrong. and they keep making her pupils into tiny dots in a gigantic white blank, or making them show off images instead and it just... looks terrifying.....

oh and the girls have some weird new power now and they can create like green lantern energy constructs?? because... reasons??? they dont explain it everpretty sure it's just a Thing

this IS meant to be a sequel by the way

on the bright side... the theme's actually nice! and the opening animation is actually pretty impressive even if the backdrops are. weird.

so. it's got that going for it :0
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:44 pm

yeah i guess that's what the difference is between the ppg reboot and ttg: one has a not-inherently-awful concept and doesn't try to spit in the face of people who don't want it but it's executed terribly w/ very little effort and awful writing, then the other was a very bad idea in the first place and doesn't give a crap about the show that existed before it, but it's executed w/ at least some effort and quality and the writing doesn't always suck.

both bad shows, but for different reasons. the ppg reboot is worse to me just because the awful writing it's had so far is actually harmful and offensive instead of just rude or unfunny. plus, i dunno, a decent idea that gets turned into a shitty trainwreck feels worse to me than something that was a bad idea in the first place. does that make any sense? it might not.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:45 pm

I think TTG would be mediocre, if it weren't for the fact that it is supposed to be Teen Titans. Like, same concept with different characters and most people wouldn't care about it, but because it was connected to Teen Titans, it becomes basically an insult.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:30 am

one of TTG's biggest problems imo is

literally EVERYTHING about is trying to mimic the original show

the same character designs, the same voice actors, the same villains even when they were made for the original series, even lots of the same concepts and plots

but they take all that and just bastardize it SO MUCH beyond recognition

a comedic spoof of the teen titans show coulda worked if it was done well, if it kept the characters' pesonalities consistent, if they weren't all terribly flanderized - hell the original new teen titans shorts were p good

but when the show takes so much from the old one there's BOUND to be comparisons. they even use clips from it!

trying to create your own version of a show is fine - go ahead, do it. but you can't reuse a bunch of elements from another show and then complain when people hate the new show for not being like it

actually ppg16 has a similar problem - they reuse a ton of stuff from the old show. most of the same VAs other than the three girls, mostly similar designs with very slight changes, they even flat-out reference the plot of the old show and try to make this out as a sequel series. so of course in that case you're gonna get shat on for not having the same feel

wanna know a show that did it right? the ppg anime. ppgz. it was a spin-off - it clearly took the concepts as base but it spun them in its own way and that's fine! completely different art style, completely different designs, completely different WORLD. nobody would blame it for not trying to be the original show, because it clearly presented itself as different.

(also it's still closer to the original ppg in its feel than the new show tbqh)
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:35 pm

just in case anyone is concerned there is now actually a terrarium in my avatar mspa
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:10 am

Yes, iT, we can see it.

That's kind of a PROBLEM! We're not supposed to be able to see it!!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:24 am

Just have a crocodile floating in midair thatll be perfect
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:33 pm

excuse you!

they are alligators maps
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:42 am

ppgz was silly from what I could see but yes, it was MUCH better because it was clearly doing its own thing.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 37  Next