Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

+12
tinning3
d_what
Captain
Sandstriker
Spark Eletran
NinteNerd
muffinz
OverlordJ
Gelatino
cephalopodAscendant
invisibleTerrarium
Hanky Panky
16 posters

Page 3 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 37  Next

Go down

If both were guaranteed to happen in sequence, which would you rather have released next?

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 3 I_vote_lcap100%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 3 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:46 pm

I go there for OC RPs dammit >:V Past all the weird prompts there's occasionally the cool "hey look at this oc let's do stuff" one
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 3 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by OverlordJ Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:47 pm

Frankly, most tests like that never work for me
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:11 pm

what the fuck i'm not a water type

the heck was up with that question that was like, "if u wr a gym leader what type would u use lol" and it only gave six possible answers??? what if somebody doesn't WANT to train grass, fire, water, electric, dragon, or fairy types, HUH? what would you do THEN, you QUIZ??? and how does me picking "fairy" cause me to get shoved into "water" at the end!? if i wanted to be a water type i'd've fucking picked water on that question!

like the questions here are so stupid, i can't understand this nonsense... if i knew anything at all about making quizzes myself than seeing this shitty awful quiz would make me want to create a better one that's based on personality... but alas i don't have that particular knowledge.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:55 pm

Apparently I'm a Ghost type. I guess I can see it, although I could also make cases for a few other types as well.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:02 pm

I'm water

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 3 Wailmer
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:16 pm

Nothing wrong with water but why did you choose one of the worst water pokemons to represent that
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:19 pm

Wailmer was the one given to me as an example, also it's one of my favorite water types

Also water is one of my favorite types so it's a good deal all around
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:21 pm

i got talonflame for mine because i'm OU B)
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:22 pm

Gengar here. There are much worse Ghost-types.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:45 am

Says I'm a flying type.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:38 am

"What pokemon would you want to train"

-Water

"Wow you're a normal type!"

The complexities of this exchange eludes me. Is my answer too normal to make me anything else, even if it does show my personal preference to be different? Who knows. Also, is this to test what we'll turn into, a la mystery dungeon?
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:55 pm

*ANOTHER UPDATE*

For visibility. MSPA chat goes in MSPA thread mspa
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:42 am

Coro Coro leaked. So far it's been nothing but bullshit, with blanked out box covers and "tune in next month for BIG NEWS!" Ugh.

Also, Magearna is steel/fairy, so that's another piece of info to file away in the "not really news at all" box.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:16 am

Not a reflection on anyone here, but I went on a bit of an on-topic rant.

oh look its a picture of a skype log

I'm ok with this news. And we did get news, because Magearna's type wasn't revealed. Sure it seemed fairly likely to be something, but it was far from confirmed, and the fact that it is is cool.

I would be 100% fine if we got 0 information about the game before release. It's just as, if not more enjoyable, to go into a game blind than it is to go in with 20/20 vision.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:02 am

I wouldn't object to no news. I'd actually prefer no news! It's the hype cycles that wear me down. Months ago I was very definitely on the "don't get hopes up" train, and it worked for ages. But Pokemon constantly teased info, or leaks, or subtle twitter things, and never let it exactly settle while also never quite scratching that itch they were bringing up. And then SM happened and all of a sudden THAT hypetrain derailed, there's all this pent up energy in the poke-ether floating around searching for any outlet for discussion that isn't boring wishlisting, and we've got... a title, and a legend. Which is more or less the same thing we had back when we thought Z was a thing, only sans XYPLOT and KALOSREGION stuff. If someone was to say "no news to be announced, expect some details in late fall" I'd be perfectly content (as I will be for the next month, but wasn't yesterday), but it's the constant blood-in-the-water, wafting-food-scents-before-dinner stuff that annoys me. The fanbase is a contributor, of course; nobody really sourced the Japanese sunday show shenanigans and that hit us kinda hard. Silly in retrospect, but as a collective yeah we were expecting things, because we've come to expect infrequent details. Largely because that's what we've always had. There's no shame in it, not unless people are actually letting it become more than a minor itch outside of the internet.

On the internet? People can complain for 40 pages on the exact term used to describe the colour of Y's logo, or whatever else they'd like. It doesn't (or shouldn't) affect anything we or the devs do anyway! I guess you could say that the whining - and there is whining - might be replacing other relevant content, like discussion, but there really isn't any, exactly because of the dearth of news post SM announcement.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:23 am

Yeah, I think Nintendo and GameFreak just need to communicate better with us about when we should start expecting info on the games, so that nobody gets their hopes up unnecessarily.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:06 am

It's not Gamefreak/Nintendo's fault though? If people get disappointed when there's no information that's THEIR fault for expecting it. They have no duty to let us know anything about the games to start with. Sure it's bad for business if they do that but still. The fact we get info is in itself more than a company ever has to do. If you were an investor of some degree in Gamefreak, then you'd have a right to know that your money was being used on the stuff you wanted it to be used on, but besides that, consumers have no right to ask for, let alone dictate, what a company does unless if that company's actions are unlawful. Which isn't the case here.

If people want to talk about a game that has no information yet, it's no the problem of the developers for not handing over that information. It's the problem of the people wanting to discuss it for wanting to discuss something with no merit. Go talk about Pokémon games that do exist! There's a wealth of depth in the Pokémon series already. Enjoy that stuff! And if that fails, amuse yourself in another way! Pokemon is a massive part of my life and I love it, but it's not the only thing I care about, and there is so much stuff out there to still explore both within the series and outside of it that you will never run out of things to experience and talk about, so long as you shift your lens when information dries up for a while. For instance, theres a ton of Pokemon youtubers with fun and interesting playthroughs to enjoy. There's competitive Pokémon, especially in Other Metagames. There's spinoffs, and challenge runs of main series games. You get the picture.

There's no point in bemoaning the lack of information that was never promised to start with. To my knowledge there hasn't been one occasion where Gamefreak have promised information in some form that they then haven't delivered. If it's Volcanion's release, they promised a huge scoop the month before. A new Pokémon is a big, big deal! Not Gamefreak's fault if dataminers found out about it early. That's the dataminers' fault. Gamefreak delivered. Magearna's release was promised to be a huge scoop. They delivered! Magearna's a brand new Pokemon. That's a pretty big deal! They promised a Pokémon direct of about 5 minutes. They delivered! We got a direct! We got a new announcement too! At no point did they promise anything about what said direct would contain. If Sun and Moon was spoiled for you from the day before, that's not Gamefreak's fault! Pokénichi. They said first TV footage featuring Sun and Moon. Sure enough, the trailer from the direct WAS first aired during Pokénichi. They delivered! For this month, they said Sun and Moon featured would start. They delivered. We got a feature saying about a huge scoop next month, and some box art to boot (ok it didn't have the legendaries on it but it is what the boxes would look like), and we got Magearna's confirmed typing. At no point have we been promised anything that we didn't get. You can argue that Gamefreak's toying with our emotions and being "trolls" on the matter. I think as fans we aren't reading into the exact wording enough before letting our hype levels get to ridiculous heights. It's OUR fault that today's news was disappointing, not Gamefreak's.

tl;dr: Being disappointed about Gamefreak news of late is not Gamefreak's fault in the slightest because they don't owe us any information to start with, and have delivered exactly what they said they did each time. If you;'re sad bc you have nothing Pokémon related to talk about you're not looking in the right place because there's plenty of stuff out there to enjoy.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:23 am

I don't think anybody is saying they owe us anything? It's more a generic expression of "want", which while not exactly a platonic virtue, it's still a pretty human thing to want things and to expect things and especially discuss those things with people who are expressing the same thoughts that you're thinking. Outside of a few forums the impact of any of this nears null anyway.

That said, you're not wrong. And I'd have agreed with pretty much most of it in general terms (maybe being a tad more forgiving) if not for this page:

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 3 Cf1OkzNXIAAtuZs

This is not news. This isn't even worthy of being published. If you can call a single page of an anime magazine disgraceful without sounding like you're making mountains out of molehills, then it is disgraceful, and it never should have gone to print. And the Magearna thing is so far removed from being decent SM news that it really doesn't soften the sting from what is stupid salt in a (admittedly self-inflicted!) stupid wound. I wouldn't object to the blanked boxes in a vacuum, only that last month's Coro Coro did say we'd have SM news. I think it is certainly a reasonable assumption that that describes more than a really obvious and very unimportant typing reveal and the shape of the game boxes, purely because none of that counts as news worth publishing. A single Pokemon silhouette would have been disappointing, but it would have counted.
It's actually kinda weird now that I think about it? I wonder if the games have been continually delayed and the editors were left scrambling for stuff they could mention.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:28 pm

"The next image from CoroCoro has leaked showcasing the limit of what is in CoroCoro for Sun & Moon. In this small bit of information, it promises that from next month, special features on Sun & Moon will begin in the magazine."

The exact wording of what was said last month. And sure enough, that page features something about Sun and Moon. That there will be "a huge scoop" (usually indicative of actual news, but not necessarily, so I still wouldn't expect it personally) next month! News was never promised.

Looking at Corocoro's usual release pattern in terms of what comes each month, this isn't even out of the ordinary! X&Y were announced in January of 2013, if memory serves right. The Corocoro published in February of 2013 had NOTHING on X&Y at all. The Corocoro published in April of 2013 had ONE solitary thing of note; Mega Mewtwo Y! It was only revealed due to there being a film that had it in though (*looks at magearna's details in this months issue*) and we had no idea what it was at all. Sure, that's more to talk about than we have with Magearna, but it's not much. It wasn't until the issue published in May of 2013 where we actually got details! And we got four Pokémon designs (Pancham, Gogoat, Helioptile and Fletchling), the default trainer designs, and details on the starters, and the boxart, in addition to the region name, the first details on customization, details on Gogoat being rideable and a few more details. ORAS is (kind of) the same; despite them being announced on May 7th there was no Pokemon info in Corocoro about a week later (a little more understandable but still). We then got boxart the next issue (which isnt a lot, but considering there wasn't as much to talk about, and it had only just been announced, does make sense). So there's a definite precedent for this month's issue being very dry on XY stuff, and next month having a LOT (which is what the "huge scoop" is hinting at). So be cautiously optimistic for next month. Maybe then we'll get stuff.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:37 pm

Captain wrote:So there's a definite precedent for this month's issue being very dry on XY stuff, and next month having a LOT (which is what the "huge scoop" is hinting at). So be cautiously optimistic for next month. Maybe then we'll get stuff.

Well I should hope so, considering GameFreak's officially stated that they won't get content patches. S&M, on the other hand... mspa

Joking aside, my main frustration is just that GameFreak feels really out of touch with the online Pokémon community (and the international fanbase in general), and they really wouldn't have to do more than a few little things here and there to fix it. Arguing about whether or not people should get excited about potential Pokémon news doesn't change the fact that people do get excited about it; GameFreak has created an immensely-popular franchise, so people are inevitably going to get excited about new installments, rational or not. And d_what's right, that page with the blank box art never should have made it past the first round of editing, much less to print.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:50 pm

Btw before we get any leaks... Unless there's another Reuniclus/Dragalge incident (I.e. I see a version exclusive Pokémon and immediately imprint myself upon it) I'm committing to getting Sun. Just because Moon seems VASTLY more popular on theme alone and Sun is gonna need some representatives!

Mind you, GF have been pushing a male/female duality for a while now among box legends, so if they push the feminine to moon that might indicate a shift towards Sun, so I may end up getting moon. Jeez this was a pointless post.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:54 pm

d_what wrote:GF have been pushing a male/female duality for a while now among box legends

...what?
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:24 pm

I can see Reshiram-F/Zekrom-M and Xerneas-F/Yveltal-M, are there more?
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:37 pm

Not that I know. Both Reshiram and Xerneas were confirmed by the devs after their games respective releases as being divided on male/female lines, with those getting the feminine side. It's not just something I'm making up! The others might too but it's just conjecture. Either way that's the last two gens worth of box legends working that same trope.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:08 pm

If I had to pick right now, just based on the name, I'd probably take moon, but in actuallity, it'll depend on the version exclusives.

Hey, where do I buy Pokemon Bank? I let it run out but I want it again and I can't seem to find where to get it
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 37  Next