Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

+9
Xaber
muffinz
kotakun
ilikeoctopus
cephalopodAscendant
d_what
invisibleTerrarium
OverlordJ
Spark Eletran
13 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 2 Empty Re: General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

Post by OverlordJ Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:42 pm

I read quite a lot of webcomics, too. And I can't believe I forgot to list Gunnerkrigg Court

EDIT: Also, how the heck would anyone keep calm AND read webcomics, aren't those two mutually exclusive things?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 2 Empty Re: General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

Post by d_what Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:01 pm

I've been planning something fun >Very Happy

Introducing...

D_What's Annual Pokemon Trivia Gauntlet!

Answer at your own peril! Scores will be totted up afterwards. No half marks will be allocated, and only single answers will be accepted! For questions with multiple potential answers, only 1 is necessary. No googling or referencing anything, this should be memory only Razz

Excuse the formatting because I am on mobile :0 please leave hints as to what the question was so I can mark them without referencing the question! And tag your answers in spoilers! You can fill them in gradually and fill in the blanks later. Don't discuss specific answers until everybody has had a shot Very Happy

GO GETEM GUYS
Spoiler:
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:31 pm

Let's give this a shot.
Spoiler:

Last edited by cephalopodAscendant on Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:04 pm

i answered all of them like half of them i knew or was really certain on but why leave them blank i mean theres no penalty right? and i can totally go back and change ones im uncertain on
current answer list:
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:14 am

Well done guys!

Looking over the answers so far...
Gotta clarify a few things.

I made a mistake and asked which Pokemon shares a cry with Rhydon; nobody does. It should be RhyHORN. The first guy.

One of the questions was ambiguous. For the "highest level wild pokemon" I'll accept both the species and the number.

Few of the questions are classic "trick" questions - one of them is accidental! I got something mixed up and it turns out "it doesnt" is actually the answer. Go figure.

If someone gives me the gist of an answer they get full marks, as long as its not actually wrong. If its clear what they meant then its fine.

Some of them I'm surprised that you guys haven't got yet, other ones I'm surprised you did! In fact, I've even learned a few things. Those questions obviously get full marks. For the record, I would not be able to answer all of these questions, only guess them. You are welcome to go back and change an answer whenever you want; this works entirely on an honour system.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:55 am

Oh man, that looks sort of longish and I am in a hurry right now, I'll try it tomorrow or the day after that maybe?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:18 pm

I'll try that in a second, but first off: THAT FUCKING GUNNERKRIGG UPDATE WOWOW
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:21 pm

Spoiler:

GO GO GO
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:49 pm

I am so proud of you guys ;u; I haven't counted yet, but iT may be in the lead. And some of the answers you guys have said I didn't even consider! Well done.

One of my questions I am particularly proud of and so far only iT got it (the 15 minute one without the typecharts) and I am so glad somebody did.
Grading these will be a bitch though :0 make sure you remove ambugities! I can accept guesses but can't accept multiple possible answers. I'll also answer it myself. Despite writing it, I'm... Not gonna get 100%. Not at all.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:58 pm

holy shit I feel dead inside

Ig ot home 9:30 pm

I'd been at school ever since 7:15 am

theater presentations are hellish and i am glad it's over but it's time for me to fall over and die

too tired to do the question-y thing sry amngs
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:02 pm

So, how about that SCOTUS ruling?

...I ask, knowing full well that at least half of the remaining regulars don't live in the US...
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:21 pm

My Facebook feed has blown up! And there was a mini-party at work with alcohol that I'm not legally allowed to consume. (I had some ginger ale.)

Uh, I do have to say, a few points to Chief Justice Roberts for at least trying to be civil in his dissent, unlike some of the others (looking at you, Justice Scalia).
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:24 pm

Oh, there was absolutely no chance of Scalia being a decent human being with regards to this case. It is a little surprising that the Obamacare ruling was a more decisive victory than this one, though.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:14 am

Alright, yeah! That is some legitimately great news and I am super happy.

Unfortunately I have no time today to do any more than pop on here real quick and type a few words, but hi guys! I still don't have internet on my computer because my mom keeps putting off buying a plan, but I swear, I'm gonna find the time to participate in that awesome trivia thing tomorrow! I cannot wait to show you guys how little of a life I have how much useless knowledge I know how smart I am!
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:45 pm

Alright, where doing this man. Where making this... occur. Or should it be "ocur"? Uh, nevermind.

Spoiler:
[/b]
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:57 pm

Very Happy

I'm not gonna correct any yet because I reckon there's still some people who we can eke answers from. In the meantime: Going back over your answers IS allowed! You can edit them as often as you like. And please remove either/or answers; if you write "it's either raichu, raikou, or remoraid" and the acceptable answers are raichu, raikou or rapidash, then it's a 0, whereas "Raichu" alone is a 1.

I'll also ask some general questions on the test which I would appreciate people considering!

1) Should I really make this an annual thing and do it next year :O

2) Did you find the test too hard?

!2) Did you find the test too easy?

3) Do you think the other testees would agree?

4) Was the mix of questions good? Should it have been broader, or more focused? I tried to keep most of the questions as in-game, main-series trivia of varying difficulties with a sprinkling of spin-off knowledge, anime, tcg, competitive and fandom related questions. Nothing too indepth on most of those.

5) Is there a question you were kind of hoping would show up that didn't?

6) Did any question in particular make you groan because you felt you should know and couldn't remember?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:32 pm

I think it was a pretty good difficulty level. If you had gone much easier, I think you'd run the risk of people getting everything right and having no way to choose a winner. Any harder, and we might have gotten discouraged and given up. As far as questions I was expecting that didn't show up, I'm surprised you didn't ask about which Pokémon are numbers 413 and 612.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:39 pm

Sorry that I haven't done the quiz yet, I was pretty busy lately, I'll try to do it soon

On that note, have you seen the current Awkward Zombie?
I love their comics about Smash:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:54 am

I'm still gonna wait on correcting the questions, there are still people who might be interested in doing them before I finish it.

Anyway, has anyone ever played 1000 blank white cards? I haven't, but my friends are into board games and broadly tcgs and I like the sound of it, so I'm going to see about playing it this weekend. It looks like a lot of fun! I've made 80 cards already :0 I also have to put a Pokemon team together, because I've been slacking on that and I still don't have one for the yearly convention I go to, and it's next weekend. Yikes.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:15 am

SO! New Pokkén stuff.

Two new characters! This dude and this fella. Pretty excted!

Though...
Spoiler:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:56 am

ALRIGHT LISTEN UP YALL:
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:32 pm

:0
Filthy hobbitses stealing my content-providing-abilities /jk

I've never been a huge CAH fan! I find a lot of the humour tends towards absurdest innuendos over logical coherency, and *self evidently* logical coherency is the primary foundation of basically all humour. /s (but seriously, if in a game "horse dildo" wins REGARDLESS of the context, then I no longer find it funny.) That said I'm still very much up for it! I've never done a Pokemon one before and I enjoy activities.

The only catch is I miiiiiiight be at a convention on Friday evening. I'm definitely going over the weekend, the con'll still be setting up on Friday. So call it 50/50; I'll try harder to be around as the numbers increase.
But iT, I gotta tell ya. As the progenitor of a lot of would-be forum activities, [source needed] rounding up more than 3 of us in a day or two in a hour is a task and a half. We're harder to corrall than cats on a carousel.

-------
Aside: I either had no idea or had completely forgotten that Octi and I share a timezone? I guess I just assume everybody's from the US until told otherwise.

Edit; how doth one change their associated email address on this website? Mine is a Uni one and I lose access to it in September what with graduating D:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:53 pm

Darn it, I'm not gonna be able to be there, I don't think. We are most likely still not going to have internet here at this house until like... a literal week from now, probably??? And I know a mobile browser isn't exactly going to be capable of playing a game. It's not impossible for us to have the 'net by Friday, but I'm not holding my breath. :<
Seriously, this internet situation is so stupid. "Probably within a week from now" is a lot better than "Some unknown length of time from now", but STILL. We've been living in this house for a month now! You know how the_what noted once that I have really terrible luck with technology? Apparently that hasn't yet stopped being a thing.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:41 pm

There's no way we can bump that time slot back a few hours, is there? Because I'll still be at work at 3. And d_what, it looks like you'll have to get HP to take care of it for you.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:15 pm

It can totally be bumped back a few hours. 12 noon EST gooooooooooood for everyone?
General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 2 200px-Howzit
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next