Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: The Smashening

+12
ilikeoctopus
Captain
Xaber
phantasmalDexterity
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
kotakun
d_what
invisibleTerrarium
Dregadude
Hanky Panky
OverlordJ
16 posters

Page 29 of 41 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 41  Next

Go down

General Chat: The Smashening - Page 29 Empty Re: General Chat: The Smashening

Post by d_what Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:02 pm

I dunno. Kingdom Hearts did that with their Pokemon knockoffs; giving the monsters the right food and the right kind of attention would gradually change their temperament. I mean, it works for dogs and people, right? Makes as much sense as making a Pokemon faster by KOing 252 Magikarp?

Also looks like Pokken has a shot at a console release eventually. Neat. I'm gonna get it, because I haven't played Tekken (really great that Pokemon is branching out and making contacts like this, good for them), and because it looks fun enough to justify it. Also if they include some non-fighting types and Pikachu it'll be like what a lot of people on random forums claim they've always wanted (though those people rarely have opinions worth caring about. We're talking about the turn-based system in the main games being replaced by real-time here. LAME).

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/26/pokkn-tournament-will-focus-action-aspect-fighting-games/

Also, I LAUGH WITH SCORN at those who were angry/upset/dismissive at Lucario being in Smash this time. They claim it was nothing more than the representative for fourth gen, I claimed it was much more than that! And... I was clearly right Razz Lucario for president 2016! You know, I really feel Pokemon is gaining strength in recent years? Consistent high-quality games, strong PR, persistent and creative spinoffs... I think the next decade will be really good for them. IMO the trough in brand strength and popularity during the RSE-ish era will be a distant memory soon enough.

EDIT: Looks like the twitter account for the game is taking suggestions for the roster. That could be pretty cool - it's nice when companies do that, and it means it might not be just another Tekken clone because Pokemon typically AREN'T humanshape. Off the top of my head, I'd go for Milotic, because having it be a fighter would prove the developers aren't afraid of a challenge. And it's looking very likely to be an *eventual* Wii U game, which is kind of cool - besides the horribly long wait - because it means they've been working on it for AGES, so nothing rushed. And this is Namco Bandai! We can trust them! Because Smash! Namco Bandai for Smash 6/7! Woooh!!
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:34 pm

pssst on the smash leak
smash spoilers?? i guess???:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:57 pm

Excuse the tumblrspeak, but can we just. Take a minute. And reflect HOW MUCH FUN THIS IS GONNA BE. Obviously we've been drip-fed the game and much of the older stuff is no longer news. But let's think back and remember our initial feelings.

SMASH IS COMING OUT SOON FOR WII U!
followed quickly by

AND 3DS!!!!!!
OMG!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

and then more stuff! like...
ROSALINA FOR SMASH, and she has a never-before-seen fighting mechanic in the puppeteering Luma!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
MEGAMAN. MOTHER. EFFING. MEGAMAN is in Smash and his music is SWEEEEEEEEEEEET
GRENINJA IS IN AND ISN'T A SHEIK CLONE AT ALL!!!!
NO TRANSFORMATIONS INSTEAD SEPARATE CHARACTERS Very Happy
MEGA EVO LUCARIO AND CHARIZARD
CUSTOM MOVES!
PALUTENA... AND ALL HER MOVES ARE POWERS FROM KI:U Very Happy Very Happy 
LIL' MAC AND PACMAN ARE IN AND LOOK *fantastic*!!!
FOR FUN AND FOR GLORY MODES!!!!! 
MASTER BALL! ARCEUS INFLICTS INSTANT METEOR SMASHES!!
Rayman trophy :0
GENDERED WII-FIT TRAINER AND VILLAGER Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
AND SUPER CUSTOMISABLE MIIIIIIs
(Elijah would like to battle)

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

SAKURAI(c) BRAND QUALITY

GET HYPE
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:08 pm

Um, d_what, I think you've got the release dates backwards. 3DS comes out this fall, with Wii U slated for a holiday release.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:16 pm

Hmm, are you telling me that I should try to buy that game?

Because I did enjoy some of the other Smash Bros but since I don't really have anyone to play with I wasn't planning to get it.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:46 pm

I meant in order of news to take in. Wii U release was expected but 3DS is a surprise, taken the other way there's less of a climax.

And honestly 98% of the time I played Brawl without other people. Didn't have many locals and only ever had internet for one match. I still enjoyed it! Matches are always so different. Mario Party 8 on the other hand STINKS without other people playing...
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:20 pm

Oh jeez that made me remember I still need to set up WiFi on my 3DS at college and I still have to preorder like three things help
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:39 pm

I'll help.
*takes out pen*
What are your credit card details?
*takes out paper*
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:43 pm

John Doe
1234 5678 9012 3456
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:54 pm

So... this is a thing. It does make me wonder about the possibility of Pokémon in Mario Kart, though (since this is theoretically a Pokémon forum).
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:37 am

Omg that was exactly the last thing I mentioned in the list of things I would like to see only I deleted it because I figured it wouldn't happen :O I love the fact there's new courses! New courses are what make it. Also it's funny how MK8 has already been reviewed, yet this certainly improves it. We'll get a Pokemon one for sure. 

Also Link looks really good? I figured it'd be toon link because of his size but since that's not a problem... Capt. Falcon plz

Edit: One of the new karts is the Blue Falcon, or whatever it is Captain drives, so yeah...
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:31 am

And I think that first patch is supposed to be available starting today.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:50 am

One of these years I will definitely definitely buy a Wii U.

(Said most Nintendo fans)

I'd imagine we'll get the Nintendo specific IPs as DLC before Pokemon ones; Metroid, Star Fox, etc. Unless those are saved for future promotional games, that could work too. You know what was pretty cool? In MK Wii, if you had a Galaxy save file on your system, you'd automatically unlock Rosalina as a racer. Stuff like that is cool.

Octi: regarding egg trades, I got bored today and checked nearly a dozen of my stored eggs just to see the kind of stuff that's in 'em. One of them is a timid magic guard Abra with perfect stats bar Attack (which is actually a good thing against Foul Play users). If you don't have you own prepared I could dump those eggs on you since I don't need it - in fact I was breeding for non-perfect since I wanted Hidden Power. Alakazam doesn't need it though. Only thing is, I don't know exactly which egg it came from :0
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:37 am

Thanks for the offer, d! I actually already have a few Abras bred so I'm all set for now.

plus I'm lazy and haven't set up Internet yet shhh
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:39 pm

ha
"One of these years I will definitely definitely buy a Wii U"
ha ha ha ha
i ordered a used wii u on my birthday, one moth or so ago
it not only didn't include the game it was meant to come with, it was entirely non-functional due to a "blinking red light of death"
we told the seller about the problems and they basically responded with "okay then, you keep the system and we'll refund you $30"
telling us to keep a non-functional, nearly $300 game system that didn't include everything advertised, and get only ~10% of the cost back
luckily this deal was made though amazon so the seller's kind of obligated by the people running the website to refund the full price if we send it back, but we sent it back about two weeks ago and they haven't responded at all yet
at this rate i'm like 100% positive i will literally never get to play a wii u ever in my life
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:42 pm

You... you don't have the best of luck when it comes to technology, do you, Muffinz. That really sucks though. But if it was done through Amazon you've a high chance of getting all your stuff bar shipping and sanity back.

I wouldn't mind getting a refurbished Wii U. If Nintendo were decent enough to extend the UK site to us, anyway. I mean, if they ship to NI it cannot be that difficult...
And unrelated. If Defog isn't a tutor move in ORAS it'll be the biggest disappointment since
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:24 pm

Biggest disapointment since what?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:34 am

So, Shulk is now confirmed for Smash Bros. I'm still not taking this as evidence of the leaks' veracity, since he was always the most likely of the proposed characters to get in. Nintendo's also rolling out a new 3DS model, with more RAM, a tiny second circle pad, additional shoulder buttons, and NFC functionality. Japan's slated to get it mid-October, but we haven't heard anything for the rest of the world.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:46 am

Likewise. He wasn't a tough guess; unless Duck Hunt Dog or another outlier appears, this proves little. In addition: We're also getting skins for the main 3DS menu. It's about time, that was SUCH an obvious idea?? I'm pretty psyched about the new 3DSs. Hopefully they'll occupy further and different price brackets, since many of my friends would appreciate something cheaper than the XL but less weird than the 2DS.

Something something. Shit, I forgot what I was going to say. Shulk looks nice enough, though. Not hugely different but not another straight swordsman clone. Mind you, I can't yet reconcile the English accent. Him saying "Air Slash" throws me for a loop - I hear it as "Ass lash". Damn rhoticity. PRRONOUNCE YOURR RRRRRS PEOPLE, THEY EXIST FORR A RRREASON

sort of edit only I haven't edited anything yet: The second time I watched the release video I found myself thinking: "You know, that was a good game they had it there. Shame it had a relatively small release and nobody has the chance to buy it anymore. You know, often Smash does things like time announcements to suit rereleases/deals/new games. I'm surprised they haven't done that already."
Aaaand then the penny dropped and I googled it and, sure enough, Xenoblade Chronicles is releasing on the 3DS. The catch is, it's ONLY on the new 3DS systems! Crazy, huh? Makes sense, it's just Nintendo has never done this kind of thing before. Excepting possibly how you couldn't play Guitar Hero on DSis maybe.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:52 pm

pssst
shulk's artwork is literally the same as the one used in the leak
also we've gotten pictures of the day showing off stuff we had only seen in the leaks already
and the moves shulk used in the leak videos are the same as the ones he uses in the trailer, in particular that downwardsy spinny thing
oh and a leak source had also said he had "5 monado modes" to choose from and. yep. he has 5. and no its prolly not a coincidence or anything considering jump and smash, two of those five, were created specifically for smash bros
oh and his stage is the same stage as the leaks claimed he'd have

the leaks are just about 100% confirmed. the ones we have photographic evidence of anyways, at least. the text-based ones aren't.
though you do have to keep in mind we know for a fact the roster that was on that leaked picture is NOT the final roster sooo

on another front tho. SHULK LOOKS SUPER FUN TO PLAY AS
i know a bit about xenoblade chronicles despite not having played the game and damn he's so cool. kinda disappointed on his down special being a counter but, eh, its really the only way to implement his vision ability into the game.
also i've always loved the fact shulk is so ridiculously british and i still do
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:40 pm

oh my goodness shulk is amazing

i want to play as him RIGHT NOW

Also I just watched all the newcomer announcement videos for the first time and suddenly I am really exited for this game??? I can't believe I haven't looked at these things yet, everyone looks so ridiculously fun to play as. At this point Palutena and Shulk are the ones I'm looking forward to most but Greninja and Rosalina also seem really interesting.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:09 pm

I can't wait to play as Rosalina. I want to get really good at bouncing that Luma across the stage! But a lot of the new characters look fun. Pacman and Palutena particularly, but Villager and Greninja are exciting too. And all the others really. On the other hand, I also really want to dig in to the returning ones? I had a few good runs with Samus recently and she's improved since, Zelda has that cool Down B and she sucked before, I'd like to learn how to use the new Olimar and I think I could one day main Mr.Game and Watch (who I am convinced is returning). I used to use Kirby, Pit and Lucas, but since Lucas is unlikely to return and Pit and Kirby's floatyness his probably been nerfed I'll likely move to greener pastures. Lucario might be better now, too. Wario is always fun.

If it wasn't clear, my preference is for smallish/speedy/floaty characters. Anything that isn't completely heavyweight or obstructed by gravity a lot. Sorry, Ike/Falcon/Bowser. Things that can reliably run away or stay floaty are good for me. I'm non-confrontational :B
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:27 pm

I. might end up maining Shulk.
I'm also rly excited for the new Pit (and Dark Pit depending on how he plays), Villager, and Charizard, as well as Greninja a little bit tho!
Pit mostly because fAVORITEST GAME and he actually seems more like my playstyle this time around, Charizard because fAVORITE SERIES and. I liked Charizard in Brawl and they seem to have improved him. Greninja is v fast and looks p cool too but not hugely, Shulk looks near perfect to me...
...and Villager is just. so ridiculous and funny. I love playing as unusual characters in games and Villager kinda appeals to me a bit more than WFT really :0

I also am kinda interested on Lucina, though not Marth, and Robin tho! They both seem p cool especially since I'm getting FE:A soon Surprised

Oh btw, we got confirmation of all of Kirby's custom moves in the Nintendo Direct. His inhale can become a frost breath and a leaping inhale (he jumps forward while sucking), cutter becomes a cutter that might make people trip?? something to do with rubbles. and one that only goes up and doesn't have the last down part, hammer can become a variation that throws people diagonally upwards and one that's super huge, and stone can either bury people or meteor smash them (oh boy do I smell a new Kirbycide technique)
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:50 pm

I really really love characters with counters and now I'm super hyped about Shulk. Also Greninja. Probably going to main these two even though I suck at fighting games! (Though maybe with the 3DS release and a gaming roommate(!) I'll have more opportunities to practice on the go.)
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:35 pm

oh yeah Villager's great too

but seriously I love everyone and I'm totally gonna try at least a couple matches with each character before I pick my main(s)

heck maybe I'll just not even have (a) main(s) and play as a whole bunch of characters

maybe I'll main Random???

MANNN WHY CAN'T OCTOBER BE LESS FAR INTO THE FUTURE.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 41 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 41  Next