Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

+16
Sharpedo
phantasmalDexterity
cerebralconfinement
Crobat
kotakun
Xaber
ilikeoctopus
Captain
invisibleTerrarium
OverlordJ
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
Dregadude
Spark Eletran
Hanky Panky
d_what
20 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

What Hoenn starter are you picking?

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 38 I_vote_lcap7%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 38 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 38 I_vote_lcap21%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 38 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 38 I_vote_lcap14%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 38 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 38 I_vote_lcap14%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 38 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 38 I_vote_lcap43%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 38 I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 38 Empty Re: General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:53 pm

That was pretty impressive, jesus.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 38 Empty Re: General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:44 pm

Damn. I knew the project was a thing, but I had no idea how far along they were, nor how good the final product would turn out to be.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:50 am

Okay, yes, I don't usually use that word but that was pretty epic.

I loved the scene where Equius used the bow (or at least tried to)
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:05 pm

Yeah you know that bow was designed with a very specific intention... I was there in the thread when they implemented it Very Happy pretty funny!

Heheheh
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:06 pm

I liked looking at all the art work and stuff they brought into it, and hoped it'd eventually come into fruition, but I never actually thought it'd hapen. Glad it did though, this is some amazing work!
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:16 pm

I'm going to smashfest at best buy in an hour! I'll report back on what's new.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:36 pm

d_what wrote:Yeah you know that bow was designed with a very specific intention... I was there in the thread when they implemented it Very Happy pretty funny!

Heheheh

I'll have to hunt down the thread to understand that one, won't I?

Also, on the topic of Pokemon, I've been breeding lots of Panchams for my Alakazam I am planning to breed. It's a bit annoying...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:58 pm

invisibleTerrarium wrote:I'm going to smashfest at best buy in an hour! I'll report back on what's new.

Well, never mind. Some asshole screwed up a fucking oil change so badly that the car won't move. I am pissed beyond belief.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:39 pm

Oh man, that sucks Sad
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:05 pm

Actually OJ, if you hold the frame and look at the actual bow, you'll probably get the joke... Or maybe you won't. Who knows.

What kind of Alakazam are you breeding OJ? I had difficulty with mine, but... That was because of HP Ice.

Sucks iT Sad had you gone I'd have said I wished I was in your shoes, but... Sorry bro Sad p.s. you may want to change your location now that Pacman is a thing.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:23 pm

d_what wrote:What kind of Alakazam are you breeding OJ? I had difficulty with mine, but... That was because of HP Ice.

Well...

OverlordJ wrote:Hmm, I think MegaSableye will be interesting, even if it's just because enemies will not know whether your Sableye will go Mega or not. And Wonderguards will probably be OP on a Mega, no matter whether they change its type or not.

On a different topic, I am thinking about breeding some mons for the battle mansion in X/Y.

For single, my usual "Strategy" is to start with a fast glasscannon and kill as much as I can and when they're in trouble, switch into something bulky.
The lead Pokemon will probably be either Alakazam or Gengar,  possibly with a Megastone. MegaAlakazam can outspeed pretty much everything and has high Special Attack and isn't as restricted in its moves as a Scarf orSpecs user. Similar things are true about MegaGengar.

For Alakazam, I think I'd go with the moves Psychic, Dazzling Gleam and Shadow Ball. For the fourth move, I am considering Energy Ball. That would give me supereffective coverage against Poison, Fighting, Dark, Dragon, Ghost, Psychic, Rock, Ground and Water. The main problem with that set would be Steel types and Sucker Punchers.

For a Bulky mon, I am thinking about Blastoise, which could deal with Steel types via Aure Sphere.

Any suggestions or obvious flaws so far?

Or to make it short, I don't have much planned, all I am working on right now are good IVs
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:01 pm

I was at a valvoline for three goddamn hours and i had to watch the time slowly tick by as five passed and i missed the entire thing. And then my dad made me watch a video of it when i got home, saying "it's the same fucking thing"
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:48 pm

Yeah it is really not
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:18 pm

uh

fucked up an oil change so bad the car wouldn't move

are you sure they didn't lock up the engine block?

because that FUCKS cars. literally. your options at that point, assuming that's what they did, are to either buy a new engine block or a new car. both are probably the same price.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:30 am

Nah he got it started again, but i dont know WHAT the fuck he did. It's fine now, and i've preordered two copies of the 3ds version and a copy of the wii u version, so we're good.

It still sucks shit though
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:45 am

...two copies???

:0

Is there a sibling that we're missing out on, because you know we already missed out on having Drillgorg!

So OJ if it's just a regular Alakazam then where's the breeding trouble?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:04 am

No real trouble, just trying to get the best IVs, so 31 in everything but Attack. And I am trying to breed a Pancham, to breed those IVs onto an Abra, but they always end up with the wrong IVs.

EDIT: Just to be clear, the problem is mainly that I have little patience, and I have at least twelve 5 IV Panchams now and none of them has the correct five. Oh, which nature would you say is better, +Speed or +Special Attack?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:26 am

OJ what do the parents have. And remember, if you don't want Attack, then HP/ATK/DEF/SP.ATK/SP.DEF doesn't count as 5, it counts as 4. And if both of your parents have ATK as one of their 5, then you're (assumedly) breeding 4-4; that's the 4-4 plateau and it's a bugger to get past.

Typically, this means you WANT
o/o/o/o/o/x

but you HAVE
o/o/o/o/x/x and
x/o/o/o/o/x
, or similar. You can tell those middle 3 will be quite commonly passed, and you'd be right, they will be. But you're hoping for 3 concurrent things: That the X value will be selected for the random IV, that the correct o/x value gets passed in slot 1, and the same for slot 5. That's a lot of ifs and it is a slow, painful and commonly known slog to get to 5. Conversely, 5-4 is considerably easier to get to more 5s, but why would you want that? Tell ya later.

To speed up your time, skip the everstone entirely.
imagine two parents
x/o/o/o/o/x and
o/o/o/o/x/x. Remove them from the daycare and remove the everstone. (I'm assuming you're using the everstone because otherwise what I'm going to tell you should be obvious.)

Then, give one of the parents the appropriate Power Item for their unique stat (signified by capital O) and the other the destiny knot, pop 'em in day care.
So now you've got

O/o/o/o/x/x and
x/o/o/o/o/x.

Now all the kids will have that O and you only have to worry about the 1/2 chance of slot 5 getting passed down correctly, and an increased chance of having the right random slot passed.

BUT! You say, worrying about the random nature you get. This is the important part! When you have that 5 kid, breed it with the destiny knot and the everstone with one of the 4 parents with the right nature.

It's a two-step programme but it's actually much faster than getting past that plateau.

If all of this is wasted then it means you're missing something somewhere, e.g. all your 4 parents have the same stats or something. But the 4-4 is the trickiest part of breeding nowadays except maybe going for a full six, and that can be solved in a similar way (5-5 without everstone to get a random natured 6, 6-5 with everstone to get 6 with right nature)

d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:03 am

Pshh, please. I am Not worrying about the nature of the Pancham. And yes, one has 5 IVs and is missing HP and the other has 5 IVs and is missing defense. The one missing HP is holding a destiny knot, the one missing defense is holding the HP power item.

So HP will always be a 31 and from the other ones they each have a 4/5th chance to be 31, except for defense. And I've got quite a few 5 IV mons out of this but ALL of them so far had 31 Attack. Even the ones that did not have 5 IVs had 31 Attack. For some reason they have always passed their Attack IV so far, which annoys me.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:16 am

Yes, I have a brother, but he's ten years old, the other copy is so we can actually fight each other.
Alternatively, I am drillgorg.
Aw shit are we going to do this again let's not
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:59 am

Hehehe, I don't know if it's just this particular group of people or the implied anonymity of having a forum account, but we really do have weird existential battles a lot huh?
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:56 am

define "we"

define "existential"

define "define"

define? Sad
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:37 pm

By we he means himself, because the rest of us are just his imagination.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:07 pm

Well, all of you are my imagination except for OJ, because you're a physical manifestation of the internet, and also kotakun because he's kotakun and it's impossible for him to be anything but kotakun.

So really what I'm saying is that I am he as you are me as you are we and we are all together, I am the eggman (WOOOO), I am the eggman (WOOOOO) I am the walrus, goo goo goo joob.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:50 pm

You mean I'm not a physical manifestation of Irish Male 21 year olds D: awwwwww phooey also you're welcome for the location reminder, I can see you've put it to use.

Guys, Topic:

Imagine a future Pokemon ruleset that says a Pokemon can have TWO of its abilities active at the same time. Which ones are the most interesting? Specifically, avoid ones that would be broken because the original was already really really good, because that's boring, but more on less used Pokemon that would be interestingly useless, or gain a lot from it. E.G

Technician+Skill Link Cincinno (that would be so cool! 187.5 base power move BEFORE stab and huge increases to its coverage moves!)

More specifically. Which Pokemon would you love to use if it had access to two of its abilities?

Spoiler:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next