Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+19
Captain
Sandstriker
Sharpedo
muffinz
Xaber
OverlordJ
invisibleTerrarium
Spark Eletran
d_what
cephalopodAscendant
Dregadude
Hanky Panky
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
tinning3
ilikeoctopus
kotakun
variegatedDreamraptor
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 4 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by OverlordJ Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:33 pm

Do you know why they made that video?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 4 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by Gelatino Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:49 pm

the same reason any music videos are made, i assume

to showcase the whimsical and sometimes deeply profound nature of musical art through unorthodox film techniques which often result in an unsettling feeling for the viewer. Music and film are very different and trying to portray the oft-misunderstood capability of music through another familiar medium is a good way to open people's minds to the possible influence of art.
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:53 pm

Nope, it was to promote their (I think comedic) talkshow.

P.S.: They are norwegian, just saying
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:58 pm

I don't know if Americans and Germans have the same stereotypes about Norwegians, or any other nationality for that matter. Care to enlighten us?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:10 pm

I'm not sure about stereotypes about Norwegians? I mean, they live in the north, it's cold up there and, uh, maybe something something vikings? Uh, something something sauna?

Seriosly, I don't know, most of my knowledge about Skandinavia comes from the webcomic SAWT

But if you have any questions about any other countries, feel free to ask, I'll answer it if I know anything
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:12 pm

The way you said it just seemed to imply that it was based of off a stereotype. As in, "Oh, you know those crazy Norwegians".
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:17 pm

Oh, uh, no, I just meant it like "And by the way, they are Norwegian"
Though I guess the skandinavians can be a little odd at times, then again, who isn't
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:23 pm

i'll tell you who isn't

muricans

everyone is a little odd in the eyes of the muricans, especially other muricans
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:24 pm

Uh, so if everyone is a little odd, especially other muricans, why would you say that muricans are the only ones that aren't a little odd?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:26 pm

Because logic don't real for muricans. Neither does hypocrisy.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:16 pm

Because we're murica, and we're free.
*adjusts cowboy hat and cocks shotgun*
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:26 pm

Seems like as good a time as any to post this.

Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:31 am

cephalopodAscendant wrote:Because logic don't real for muricans. Neither does hypocrisy.
hypocrisy is just 'MURIKA spelled backwards. Look at the word in a mirror and think about your local Congress representative and/or senator.

SURE, BLAME THE PARK RANGER FOR THE FUCKING GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT.

Just a quick note, I don't consider myself Democratic or Republican. I'd rather think things through one issue at a time and form my own opinion of each one, regardless of what the party line is. Overall, I guess people would consider me moderate, but a little left-leaning.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:40 am

WE ARE 'MURICA, THE MOST MAJESTIC OF THE LANDS!
General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 4 Braviary_used_patriotism_by_brokenteapot-d41m9f1
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:33 am

So. Guys. Battles today? Y naut? It's not like I even enjoy them that much (stupid 3 on 3...) but I feel bad not using my rain team when I can. I love my rain team <3

(P.s hanky left in 'Murica is center in secular Europe, just adding that)
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:28 am

That's because of all this crazy far right-wing shit going on here that skews the average person's ideas of left and right, though.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:59 am

Basically, our political system is majorly screwed up right now. Can we come live with you European people?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:03 pm

dude what are you kidding
the UK is already super densely populated
plus it's easier to go to canada
but you won't really be going anywhere right now if you don't already have a passport
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:06 pm

I do have one, but it may be expired. And I just said Europe, not necessarily the UK (although they would probably be my first pick). And besides, it was a joke. Those happen on the internet.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Of course :)the only entrance qualifications in coming to Ireland are

1) buy rounds when it's your turn if IsInPub = True
2) do not claim Irish heritage, it's weirdly demeaning
3) "Areland" not "eye-err-land", yet "Eye-rish" not "are-ish"
4) do not assume we know/care about anything that interests you, ever, ever. Actually this is true for every country that exists ever, for all visitors, ever.

And you'll be welcome with open arms! And probably a pub invitation.
(Deep down Ireland craves America's attention. A bit like a clingy puppy. This causes inward resentment, so we get dismissive over the USA to make ourselves feel better. It's rather sad but it's never personal. We love you guys really.)
I cannot speak for other European nations. Where'd  OJ go?

Edit: UK first. I take it back, geddout! Psssh anyone who knows anything knows that anything the UK can do we can do better U~U except for London. We don't have that. And also monuments. Ours aren't as big. And cheeses, we don't really have a lot of home grown cheeses. And they get bigger colleges. But on average we have the same quality of education. Oh, and economy. Ours is shitty. And weather. We get less of everything in exchange for marginally more rain. And probably music, but they've got simon cowell which is probably a blessing in disguise. Oh, and television. We get all the good stuff from them. And numbers, the UK gets more stuff like Pokemon events because they have more people. And faster internet speeds. And our health system, while cheap, is also kinda cheap. You won't die though, at least not probably. And our science programmes aren't nearly as good. We don't get snakes here. I consider that a bad thing, garden snakes are cool. Oh, Harry Potter. We don't really have that. Or Terry Pratchett or Douglas Adams. We have dead poets though.
But. Like.
Everything else.
So way better here.
Really.
Sad

P.S hanky, culturally UK isn't European. They're their own entity. Blame the Empire.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:23 pm

I'd invite you guys to Straya, but we just managed to elect a member of the Motoring Enthusiasts Party to our Senate.

(Also tech stuff is really expensive here)
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:28 pm

Oh yeah you guys have parties for basically everything Very Happy it's simultaneously great and weird! We have two parties with identical politicians and ideals and policies and tactics and they are mortal enemies, and that's it really. We vote for whichever one didn't screw up most in the last three years.

Unless you're old then you always vote for one party regardless of how badly they fucked the economy.
Old people, guys.
There should be a maximum voting age.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:29 pm

Seriously. They're going to be dead soon anyways, what do they care what happens to the country going forward?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:30 pm

d_what wrote:Where'd  OJ go?
You called?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:24 pm

It's okay guys, I found him, call off the search.

Now, on to the next one:

Where is CaptainCombusken?
And cloudNinja is basically Mew at this point.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next