Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast?

+22
Hanky Panky
Xaber
kotakun
Rozewolf
tinning3
phantasmalDexterity
Tirgo
PunchesMalone
Sandstriker
Druplesnubb
NinteNerd
d_what
Hytheter
OverlordJ
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
Spark Eletran
DicksMcgee
Dregadude
tailoredGoose
Gelatino
26 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast? - Page 3 Empty Re: Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast?

Post by d_what Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:45 pm

Well, the no x And y thing is a bit excessive and mean and also, difficult. But I don't see why we can't have more magnemites here, as a badge of ... I dunno. Solidarity? Anarchy? ((Antisolarisism???))) More like a harmless tongue-in-cheek "F* you and the references you rode in on". Only less obscene and also completely relevant.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast? - Page 3 Empty Re: Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast?

Post by muffinz Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:46 pm

^ Well, okay, yeah. Let's just do that instead.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:48 pm

Tomorrow: Magnemite avatars. Next month: Magnemite CSS. The future: THE WORLD MUHAhaha cough cough
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:49 pm

Eh honestly I don't see why would we talk about Pokémon in general in the MSPA forums considering this exists now

we as in our little gang thing

So yeah, huh.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:50 pm

I thought of boycotting the thread after it's reopened too. It's a good idea.

By the Ty's Magnemite thing, I think he wasn't even being smug, he was just trying to look like the "cool guy" by ending on a lame joke. Man, I'm so sick of this.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:50 pm

d_what wrote:Well, the no x And y thing is a bit excessive and mean and also, difficult. But I don't see why we can't have more magnemites here, as a badge of ... I dunno. Solidarity? Anarchy? ((Antisolarisism???))) More like a harmless tongue-in-cheek "F* you and the references you rode in on". Only less obscene and also completely relevant.

Alright, I'm fine with that just as well. Not quite sure how only talking about X and Y here and not there is mean but I won't question it
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:51 pm

But this won't be attracting any new posters like the thread back of the forums would have. I wouldn't expect any new people to show up here, so it'll be limited to just the, oh I dunno, dozen or so of us?
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:52 pm

That's fine. Clearly we're the superior humans here. Our small band of friends is worth ten MSPAFs.

:mspa?:
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:54 pm

well depends i mean im pretty sure most forums start out about as small as this

now we just gotta do the same stuff said forums did to get big IF we really do wanna get "big"
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:55 pm

OverlordJ wrote:
Hytheter wrote:I'm not sure how serious you guys are but if you are count me out

That's fine, to be honest, I understand you. Getting in trouble with a mod is risky and we have our own forum now, so we don't have to launch any big attacks or anything.
It's not the risk
It just seems kind of childish to launch a passive agressive attack over something relatively trivial

tbh I don't think Solaris was entirely unreasonable. The General Chat thread was kind of a big mess. A fun mess, but also chaotic and sometimes hard to follow. Maybe breaking up the one big clusterfuck into a few smaller, more focused threads* wasn't such a terrible idea. It's basically what we've started doing here anyway.

*"Pokemon threads about other things, (lets plays, special runs, community pokefuns) will be allowed, but must be on topic as per mod discretion."

edit: I do think it was needlessly abrupt though, and the "no XY" seems kind of silly
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:57 pm

My main objection is mostly how it was handled, not why the thread was locked.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:02 am

muffinz wrote:But this won't be attracting any new posters like the thread back of the forums would have. I wouldn't expect any new people to show up here, so it'll be limited to just the, oh I dunno, dozen or so of us?

Well, I doubt that it'll stay just the dozen of us and there is nothing that stops us from linking to this forum in our signatures on the mspa forum

Dregadude wrote:That's fine. Clearly we're the superior humans here. Our small band of friends is worth ten MSPAFs.

:mspa?:

Actually, yeah, I'd even be fine if noone new comes, you guys are great enough Very Happy 

Spark Eletran wrote:well depends i mean im pretty sure most forums start out about as small as this

now we just gotta do the same stuff said forums did to get big IF we really do wanna get "big"

Well, as I said, we'd need to promote ourselves

Hytheter wrote:
OverlordJ wrote:
Hytheter wrote:I'm not sure how serious you guys are but if you are count me out

That's fine, to be honest, I understand you. Getting in trouble with a mod is risky and we have our own forum now, so we don't have to launch any big attacks or anything.
It's not the risk
It just seems kind of childish to launch a passive agressive attack over something relatively trivial

tbh I don't think Solaris was entirely unreasonable. The General Chat thread was kind of a big mess. A fun mess, but also chaotic and sometimes hard to follow. Maybe breaking up the one big clusterfuck into a few smaller, more focused threads* wasn't such a terrible idea. It's basically what we've started doing here anyway.

*"Pokemon threads about other things, (lets plays, special runs, community pokefuns) will be allowed, but must be on topic as per mod discretion."

Well, it was pretty annoying, and I don't mind being a bit childish at times. Though, again, I understand you and I respect it if you don't want to participate.

There problem, at least in my opinion, isn't that Solaris closed the thread. It's that he did so without warning AND by doing so, made it impossible for us to discuss X and Y speculations and spoilers. Sure, stuff like the Secret Delibird and Pokemon turnaments are still possible, but my playthrough for example isn't possible there anymore.

So yeah, it's not like we don't have a reason to be upset.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:08 am

@CA: Exactly! Solaris had a reason to do it. I understand his reasoning, and I'd want to do something about the problem if I was in his position. But, the way he did it was just not right. He first sends out a bunch of infrations to people with no warnings first (they really were off-topic, but in the context of the thread it didn't feel like it. it wasn't random and unprecedented.), then after a couple hours, shuts down the offending thread completely, offering no warning, no chances to make it on-topic again, nothing. Just bam, gone.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:09 am

cephalopodAscendant wrote:My main objection is mostly how it was handled, not why the thread was locked.
Yeah I guess that's fair
I'm just saying we shouldn't take this as a personal attack, and we certainly shouldn't respond in kind, passive agressively or otherwise.

Remember, we can still totally talk about Pokemon on MSPAF. We haven't been banned or shunned. We just need to be a little more focused. In fact, we're already doing it here (though having an individual thread for everybody's separate endeavours may be a little too focused, haha).
Hell, though it'd be safest to run it by a mod first, I'd wager a XY spoilers speculation thread might even be ok, provided into doesn't spinoff into a huge off topic mess.

but my playthrough for example isn't possible there anymore.

"Pokemon threads about other things, (lets plays, special runs, community pokefuns) will be allowed, but must be on topic as per mod discretion."
A thread dedicated to people's playthroughs would be totally ok.
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:16 am

My biggest fear right now is that everybody here forgets about this forum and spontaneously leaves, one at a time.

I've seen it happen before, where suddenly nobody's left, and it's really scary.

Let's not have that happen here k
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:16 am

I think we'll survive for a decent while. At least until October. And it's not like we're not all on the MSPA Forums as well.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:17 am

Yah i'm kinda afraid that's gonna happen too, even after I put so much work into it
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:18 am

Hytheter wrote:
but my playthrough for example isn't possible there anymore.

"Pokemon threads about other things, (lets plays, special runs, community pokefuns) will be allowed, but must be on topic as per mod discretion."
A thread dedicated to people's playthroughs would be totally ok.

Oh, I missed that edit, lets plays were not part of the original comment. I think it was originally "group playthrough" instead. And since mine is neither made by a group nor is it a special run, it wouldn't have been allowed.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:18 am

Let's all put a link to this forum in our MSPAF sigs, to avoid that and hopefully attract new people. Does someone want to make a Sharpedolicious banner for such a thing?
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:19 am

I've had my fill of graphic design today so if anybody else wants to make a sig banner that would be swell
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:20 am

We could use the gif, or would that be to big?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:21 am

Yeah, it has to be 80 pixels tall.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:23 am

As far as I know, the size limit still isn't technically working right, but the mods are still enforcing it, so we should still keep it in mind.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:26 am

Oh yeah, derp. Well, I put a link into my signature for now, I don't think I could add another image anyways
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:36 am

This is what I put in my sig. It's alright, I guess. The best I could come up with in a minute.

Are you a POKÉMANIAC? Do you love ranting about POKÉRUMORSANDSUPERSTITION? Then jeez come visit us in the [URL="https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com/"]Pokémon Quarantine Forum[/URL] already. Remember, it's not a Pokéthread, it's a PokéFORUM!
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next