Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

+9
Xaber
muffinz
kotakun
ilikeoctopus
cephalopodAscendant
d_what
invisibleTerrarium
OverlordJ
Spark Eletran
13 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 38 Empty Re: General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:33 am

u forgot to mention that each form is also a recolor with its own special tuff of hair

that part's important, man
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 38 Empty Re: General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

Post by tinning3 Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:35 am

Oh well yeah, that goes without saying, since that's pretty much what the different stages of the moon are, just a bunch of recolours. So it's like, symbolism.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:38 pm

it's just 15 new elemental monkeys
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:43 pm

well actually we have the lil bird and also magearna, that's two

plus three starter families, 9

9+2=11 bam done game's over guys
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:45 pm

Is it confiremed that the starters will have 3 stages though? Hey, if we are willing to second guess all other established traditions, might as well question that one, right?

Hey, should we talk about what kinds of pokemon we'd like to see?

I'd love a water/bug diving bell spider pokemon!
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:44 pm

*SLAMS FISTS ON THE TABLE*

PLATYPUS! PLATYPUS! PLATYPUS!
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:45 pm

Well, y'all already know what I want. Preferably in starter form, but I'll settle for a legendary if I have to.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:04 pm

how about a Bug/Psychic peacock jumping spider that uses its colorful abdomen display to hypnotize stuff??? that'd be awesome. imagine having something with Compoundeyes and Hypnosis!

ooh, an assassin bug would be super great too. maybe Bug/Dark or something, learns all the health-draining moves, plus maybe a new physical Bug-type version of Giga Drain like a stronger Leech Life! plus all kinds of stabbing horn-related moves like Drill Peck or Horn Drill.

speaking of draining, how do we not have a mosquito Pokèmon yet??? give me a mosquito ASAP

and a fly. and a cockroach! give me all the bugs and give them to me nowwwwww
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:47 am

A speedy and powerful rock type that is cool and has useful resistances or at least can switch into things that are more powerful than a sneeze! I am so tired of the only decent rock type for *GENERATIONS* being Tyranitar, with Aerodactyl being a very distant second.

Also, canonise Mollux.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:49 am

I really liked the RPG classes motif X/Y had for their starters, the thief, the knight and the mage. It'd be cool if starters from now ran on themes like that.

On bug types, it's time to bring parasect's non braindead form into the ring, poor wee thing.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:52 am

personal pipe dream is an electric/poison lowland streaked tenrec because how cool would that be
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:30 am

Isn't Nincada pretty close to a parasiteless Paras? Also, if they always infect the eggs they lay, it'd make sense that the uninfected died out
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:58 pm

Unova's starters had themes as well iirc - They had an European, a Chinese and a Japanese style to their designs. It's a cool thing, so I hope it stays.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:26 pm

Just as long as the Fire starter isn't based off Journey to the West again. And as long as it's not Fire/Fighting.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:47 pm

let's repeat aaaaall the other fire types! Next three gens for another mono fire, fire flying and fire psychic. Make a thing outta it.

Also, more rock types. #represent
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:52 pm

I want Water/Fighting. Please. Angry Poliwhirl and Brony Bait are NOT good representatives. We shoulda had a Water/Fighting starter already too but nooooooo.

Water/Fighting would be rad. I'd kinda like to see a Fire/Fairy too, which couples nicely with a Grass/Steel.

Oh, and I'd like to see a continuation of the RPG classes. Gimme a MageKnight (Beserker?), a KnightRogue (Cleric?) and a MageRogue (Bard?) pls. Actually, Grass/Flying would make a nice bard come to think of it, a Fire/Fairy could still be a nice Cleric, and a Water/Fighting Beserker sounds super rad.

Also I concur with more Rock types. But stop pretending Rock is a good defensibe type Gamefreak! It isn't! It's a pretty great offensive type though. Fast sweeperesque Rock types pls!
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:04 pm

I think the problem is that rock SEEMS like it SHOULD be great on the defense, but the meta and the mechanics don't align.

I feel like, as much as I love the counter circle idea for starters, they won't go for it. If the seconary types will be effective against each other, they'll probably do it like they did last time. So if you want Water/Fighting, that'd mean Fire/Steel and Grass/Fairy. Which could also be pretty rad.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:02 pm

I AM SO FUCKING ANGRY AAAAAAHHHHHHH I GOOGLED MY USERNAME AND FOUND AN OLD GENCHAT FROM THIS FORUM (pre-oras)

OJ wrote:I haven't been on mspaforum lately but there is one person I can't stand.
Are you curious who?:

Spark wrote:...
*cries at the fact he lives in brazil*[/spoiler]

me wrote:Is there a joke here that im not getting or do you genuinely dislike kieros

OJ again wrote:
Kíeros has the rare talent to really upset me, so no, not a joke

BUT THEN:

*shaking fist at sky* CURSE YOU

[/quote]
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:06 pm

...ok that is funny but

how did you put your signature on top of your avatar
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:08 pm

Yeah, I'm wondering about that too. Did you just pour CSS selectors all over your profile or something?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:26 pm

I want type chart rejigs FAR before I want new types. Like, I have no attachment to new types, so I don't care if I don't see them in forever. What I dislike is the inequality between types - I know we've had this conversation several times, so I won't start it. But a new adjustment I've considered since playing RBY again:

Remove Steel's resistance to Normal types.

This is actually a boon for Rock types! First, Steel is defensively OP. Yes, it was nerfed (sort of), but it's still leagues the best defensive type by A LOT. Normal types, meanwhile, suck. Yeah Lopunny does work (thanks to scrappy and a cool moveset tho) and Chansey is neat (not because of it's typing though) and Kanga is borked (because of its ability, and in spite of its typing) but Normal types largely stink. Normal coverage also sucks (despite Water/Normal being kinda okay, there are a million better ones.)

Contrast gen 1! Normal was the type you use to hit things neutrally. It's the classic "base" type and it had a real niche. Likewise, Rock types in Rhydon and Golem were actually USEFUL because they defensively put in work against the hard to wall Normal types.

Enter steels, which were OP for a bazillion reasons, made Normals a liability and overshadowed the Rock niche by miles (and actually eradicated it) as well as being SE against it (salt in the wound!).

So yeah, remove the Steel resist to Normal. It'd be a small change that noone would really miss (since nothing is weak to normal it means no new 4x weaknesses) but it would have a great impact on the game.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:29 pm

Doublepost because my last post took a while.

Me after the KOTANNOUNCEMENT:

Hot damn. iT is serious detectorativatory business.
I hope I haven't said anything incriminating...
Uhh. Poor OJ. And/or poor Kotakun? Umm. This is sort of really embarrassing even at a second-hand level so I'm gonna pretend nothing is remotely wrong.

that's... exactly what I was referring to, but I didn't spot Kotaception's post which... is actually really funny. So. Yeah. Talk about the long con! *googles username*

OH SHIT YEAH TINNING,
So, like, a few pages ago, not all that long ago really, iT became a detective and discovered that Kotakun, the nebulous internet force, was actually Kieros, the MSPAF moderator (not the one that shut down the thread). It was a really good and really...really...confusing discovery and prompted my AMA thread. Also OJ likes kotakun but doesn't like kieros which is funny and sad and kinda cringey but also funny.

/recap

Last edited by d_what on Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:32 pm

So dissapointed that samurott wasn't a water/ fighting, it used a feckin' sword for crying out loud, and they were named after a samurai. Which i admit isn't hand to hand fighting, but i still think it fits better as fighting than emboar does.

Though I never noticed the gen V starters having the different inspirations of style, I definatly notice it now. I thought there had to have been something more to them, that's fun to know Exclamation

Also, sorry if it's obvious, but what is anger inducing about that post Question I don't understand, i'm missing the context. Did kotakun out themself as keiros Question Question
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:33 pm

aaaah why do my posts keep getting preempted by other people's posts ;-; check my edit
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:39 pm

Heh I started writing that small post before iT, I just took a while to send it and kept getting new ones to read.

I didn't know there were 2 keirosi, those posts do ring a bell. I just assumed it was the keiros that closed the thread that we were talking about.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next