Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

+9
Xaber
muffinz
kotakun
ilikeoctopus
cephalopodAscendant
d_what
invisibleTerrarium
OverlordJ
Spark Eletran
13 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 39 Empty Re: General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

Post by muffinz Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:42 pm

kieros didn't close the old thread, someone called solaris did. i still remember that because they've closed multiple good threads for extraneous reasons in the past and i have a bit of a grudge against them.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 39 Empty Re: General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

Post by d_what Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:43 pm

no that was, uh. What was his name. Bunny dude. Likes Cucumberquest so I can't fault him for taste. May or may not be a bit judgmental and extremist left tumblrite. Hmm. Name name name. Nope! Can't remember. It wasn't Kieros though.

EDIT: GOD FUCKING DAMMIT WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING

edit edit: muffinz is actually solaris tho
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:45 pm

Okay, clearly you need to disconnect your computer from the internet to let the clogged packets drain out. Because that's totally how it works. mspa
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:48 pm

Oh. I thought it was kieros. That's why I thought OJ didn't like them. Oh no my dumb is showing through, help
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:49 pm

I'm getting the cyber K-9 unit on the case. They are sniffing the packets as we speak for digiweed.

EDIT: OH MOTHER FUCK JESUS CHRIST
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:52 pm

They need to work faster.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:10 pm

d_what wrote:"tumblrite"

okay no offense D_W but that term is both A: dumb sounding and impossible to take seriously, and B: usually only used by the kind of whiny, confrontational ass who would unironically call themself an "anti-sjw".

like obviously i'm not saying that's what you are 'cause you're obviously not-- that's why i'm saying it sounds really awkward to hear you saying it with any hint of sincerity.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:28 pm

Huh. I'd only ever seen the term on the internet, I figured it was how it was conjugated. Like redditor, or imgurian. Or facebooker? Though that one might be wrong. I suppose "ite" has a diminutive sound to it? Tumblrer. Tumbleropian. Tumblrish. Tumblrish? That almost works. "People on tumblr" is just so boring :V

Tumblronian. Tumblench. Tumblrican. Tumblrillian. Tumblartican. Tumblor. Tumblrian???? Never heard of it but maybe it's what the tumblrz use??

Edit: tho for the record I'd never call myself an anti-sjw. That's such a dumb and small minded thing to label yourself as and I've always abhorred personal labels. But alas I am certainly not pro sjw, for related reasons to why I consider myself a feminist. There's a definite trend lately for people to dump on the feminist label, not because women suck or anything, but because Feminism has become in many people's eyes this radicalised force for doublethink and Miso... The other one. I eschew that because that's a recent movement and feminism has a long and noble history of being a great force for equality. Purely by weighing up the amount of time it's been considered good versus the alternative is enough to land me squarely in the "definitely identify as a feminist" camp. Sjw does not have any of that credit and actually has a very large and significant stigma against the label in the short time the term has existed. ("Activist" is very different.) I can't identify with the values it seeks to represent. But I wouldn't call myself anti sjw in the same way I wouldn't call myself an anti-meatatarian. Why define yourself in the negative when there's so many positives? Activists are great and social rights are important. (The concept of justice has always made me skittish and warrior is a very big No.)

Last edited by d_what on Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:34 pm

Roller.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:39 pm

Seriously?????????...
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:53 pm

I always thought "tumblrina" was the pejorative, and "tumblrite" was neutral. And I think the term you're looking for is "misandry".
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:55 pm

I dislike Kíeros for purely personal reasons from before I was part of the Pokemon thread. Digging up the exact confrontations would take quite an effort, especially what with mspaforum still being offline, but whatever it was, it upset me enough that Kíeros entered my mental shitlist, which is the list of people I know I hate, even if I might forget the reason that originally sparked my ire. I can't actually tell you who's on that list, as I don't have it written down or anything and I don't actually know everyone who's on it, but basically, when confronted with someone who entered that list it's like a small warning signal goes off in my head and I remember that they are on my shitlist. Also, it's less a burning rage and more a deep disdain, just to be clear.

I also dislike Solaris, but only because of how they acted when they shut down our thread, I ain't got no personal beef with them, don't really know them. Solaris is not on my shitlist.

Also, we need to award iT with some detective title or something. Hey iT, how about Super Dick iT?

Also, in regards to those comments you've uncovered
*Shakes Fist at Sky*:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:04 pm

oh, whenever i've heard people say "tumblrite" they were using it as a derogatory thing, like "golly i'm so mad at those terrible tumblrites, how dare that entire website single-mindedly hold the opinion that bigots are bad people, political correctness has gone too far this time". i kinda assumed that was the only way people used it.

my main problem with these self-described "anti-sjw" people is that almost nobody ever deliberately calls themself a "sjw" because the term has become so loaded by now. like, there's a particular type of person that gets associated with the term-- some sort of overly passionate young person who wants to feel superior and self-righteous by being more "politically correct" than everyone else. you know, like Kankri. these kinds of people DO exist to some degree, but "anti-sjw" types think that whenever somebody says "hey, i'd like more minorities in fiction" or "the thing you just said was kind of offensive", they're part of this massive oversensitive hivemind of jerks out to censor all media forever. the mythical "sjw" is more or less an invented adversary that only tenuously exists in reality, but "anti-sjw" people will apply the term to anyone and everyone they deem "too PC".
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:14 pm

Unfortunately, there's idiots and extremists on every side. I tend to sympathize more with the anti-SJW camp, but I do try to keep in mind that most people leaning towards the SJWs are doing so with good intentions, even if I don't agree with their means or all of their goals. And even when you do fundamentally disagree with someone, you should still treat them with at least some degree of respect, because otherwise you're just being a dick and contributing to the increased polarization of... well, pretty much everything these days.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:19 pm

KICKS THE DOOR DOWN TEMPORARILY

SO, SU NEWS

THE SHOW SEEMS TO BE COMING BACK ON JUNE 16TH... IN THE NETHERLANDS AND NORTH BELGIUM

WHICH MEANS IT SHOULD PROLLY COME EARLIER IN THE US

WE ALSO HAVE SOME EPISODE TITLES CONFIRMED FOR SUMMER OF STEVEN THO WE DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS ALL OF THEM (PROLLY NOT???):

Super Watermelon Island
Gem Drill
Same Old World
Barn Mates
Hit the Diamond
Steven Floats

I'M HYPED AS FUCK

OKAY CONTINUE YOUR ACTUAL REAL DISCUSSION JUST HAD TO GET THAT OUTTA THE WAY
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:12 pm

can we not do this sjw thing again because last time it happened i was 14 and posted this huge cringe inducing thing that was probably physically painful to read (for reference it containrd the phrases "hold the fuck up, i'm an sjw," "sjw community," and "you don't have to go crazy with the triger warnings")

also because this debate tends to end in hitler comparisons, hurt feelings" and lots of people generally acting like fucking six year olds

so how about that homestuck, huh? t minus two days. one, for those of us more european folks

also i got my signature like that because i am in fact a Fuckin Wizzerd
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:25 pm

I had a guest today, whom I cooked for (I hope I used whom right). She might possibly become a friend, if she doesn't count as one yet? I am excited.

The reality of the end of Homestuck still hasn't hit me.

I have also played cookieclicker, it's fun but I need to be careful not to let it consume me. The golden switch is SUCH a help for that.

About SJW an Anti-SJW:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:13 pm

i'm so excited for wednesday

i'm ready to fuckin die this is going to be insane
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:28 pm

This skeleton talk is frickin HILARIOUS because I have the "skeleton to Skeleton" extension for chrome which turns every instance of "skeleton" into "skeleton", a much nicer thing to think about. As for where I stand on the issue, I just believe that you should treat people good and just not be a dick to them, and not really think about what "group" you are part of. That said I would consider myself a feminist, and I'm very pro equality in all regards really. skeleton as said is a very loaded term now so I wouldn't use it, but social justice itself isn't a bad thing, imo at least.

It's just...important to have perspective. Yes, Angela from Houston said something pretty fucking racist just now, but she's 14, and has been brought up in a very racist family. She should be aware that what she said is very hurtful, but don't be a dick about it! There's no reason to go yelling at her and being a massive douchebag. You're a fucking adult, you yelling at a child makes you just as horrible a person! Just slowly and gradually try to change her mind on stuff. I know it sucks for people experiencing injustice and inequal treatment, it really does, but progress on social issues takes a LOT of time. In all likelihood it will never completely go away in your lifetime, so just. Surround yourself with people that make you happy and comfortable to be who you are, avoid the assholes as much as possible (they exist everywhere sadly), and try to have a good life.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:56 pm

yeah to be honest the whole "social justice" talk basically never goes anywhere good and i didn't really intend to get us onto it in the first place. i'm really sorry about accidentally causing a shitty topic to get brought up?

anyways yeah, about that homestuck... i dunno i kind of have a hard time feeling enthusiastic right now after i inadvertently shitted up our thread with garbage. don't worry, i'm sure i'll once again have the emotional capacity to be upbeat tomorrow.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:14 am

...I really need to catch up!!

Agh, I have a lot of big deadlines coming up, but you guys are all being so positive about the updates that I'm going to try to put in the effort. ^^
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:30 am

Let's not talk about deadlines, because then maybe I can pretend I have more than just a few days left to finish my senior project.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:00 am

...if peridot and amethyst fused would their hair be shaped like a christmas tree y/n
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:17 am

I don't think of myself as a feminist or anything, I just try not to discriminate regardless of anything. The way it should be, is people wanting the inequality to stay should be given a name, not the ones fighting for equality. And like captain said, even they might have circumstances that made them who they are. BUT  that's a dreamworld. So I actually am a feminist etc.

Man, the end is super close, holy carp. it didn't sink in until now. Homestuck has been going on for such a long time, I can't believe act 6 is at least 4 years old now. Feels like it's less than 2. Though I suppose the hiatusi have made it seem that way.

Also, bit a tangent but has anybody picked up the recent digimon story game, cyber sleuth Question It's part of the same series of my short lived digimon LP, though not a direct sequel. A bunch of people had to sign a petition to even get it to the west so it's nice seeing that it actually paid off Exclamation
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:32 pm

well, guys

someone's just pointed out that cascade and game over both were uploaded at midnight, having been said to be coming in advance as well

so... we do have a precedent, and thus a possibility, that the flash is actually coming midnight eastern time

i'm NOT READY FOR THAT
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next