Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

+8
OverlordJ
kotakun
Hanky Panky
cephalopodAscendant
Spark Eletran
muffinz
invisibleTerrarium
tinning3
12 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 12 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by OverlordJ Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:16 pm

Well, I managed to beat level 5 but so far I haven't been able to beat 6. Luck is just too big a factor to get very high in that game.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 12 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by Hanky Panky Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:24 am

I think i hit a streak of level 7 wins before. it's kind of up to luck after level 5
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:06 am

For me, just getting to level 2 was a victory.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:21 pm

Well, I managed to beat 6 twice now and finally got the coins for the TM I wanted. I already have the first seven badges but now I'm taking a break because I'm enjoying the time of me running around in rocket uniform.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:55 pm

ugh, now i want gamefreak to make johto in 60fps so i can nuzlocke it again.

i ended up with a mirror of silver's team, funny enough, last time i nuzlocked soulsilver. but i'm not dealing with slow fucking interface. it's bad enough nuzlocking emerald on a gba sp.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:01 pm

My team is mostly level 30 now.

I have a Typhlosion level 36 named Andi, an Ampharos level 31 named Watte, a Quagsire named Olm, a Weepinbell named Wick, a Graveler named Helena and a Noctowl named Nightwing.

EDIT: That reminds me, if anyone has any tips for attacks for them, I'm listening.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:51 pm

are you playing an actual nuzlocke

because that changes things
and also i would make some suggestions for your team if you're not playing a nuzlocke
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:31 pm

I'm not playing nuzlocke, but I'd rather keep my team, at least for now. Though now I have to gamble again, to get Ice Beam for my Quagsire before I challenge the 8th gym.

But feel free to give me suggestions anyways, maybe I'll change my mind
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:11 pm

for the 8th gym, go for a swinub in ice cave then train the shit out of it. eventually, it'll evolve into piloswine and learn i think both ice fang and ice shard. which will help immensely against claire. then all you have to do is level it until it learns ancientpower and let it evolve into mamoswine. which i think will probably be early 40s, IIRC.

then i would go find a skarmory and take out both graveler and noctowl, personally.

my most recent SS team looked like:
typhlosion
magnezone
mamoswine
crobat
lapras
umbreon

mamoswine is actually really fast and hits like a fucking tank. he should be capable of 1hko against both of claire's dragonairs. then for the kingdra you'll have to dig in and fight it out the hard way.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:59 pm

So apparently Majora's Mask 3D is officially going to be a thing. I don't know about y'all, but I'm excited.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:36 am

Heck yes I'm exited too. I was still like 70% sure it'd happen someday, but I'm so glad to finally see it. Is it bad that I realized what game it'd be as soon as I saw that multicolored door in the first scene? The moon is also really creepy-looking now! I mean it was creepy already of course but man, the new graphics are very good to its design.

I'm also pretty eager about the stuff shown off in the Mario Kart 8 DLC trailer! I dunno about you guys, but I was really interested in seeing what the new tracks are gonna be like, and they all look awesome. Did anyone else notice that coins are replaced with Rupees in the Legend of Zelda-inspired track, complete with the sound effect for collecting one? That's a great detail, haha.

Hmm. One of the things I liked best about Xenoblade Chronicles was the wonderfully unique world and setting and such, but X's is significantly less interesting, being just "some alien planet somewhere". I'm still interested in it, but relative to the last game, this one seems kinda generic so far.

The other stuff looks great too, but I don't really have anything in particular to say about it. Oh, but I am intrigued that Toadette is finally appearing in a "real" Mario game, even if it is still a spinoff. Maybe this means that someday characters like Waluigi and Daisy could too?
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:25 am

Does the original Super Mario Land not count as a "real" Mario game? Because I thought that's where Daisy is from?

EDIT: I suppose you could argue that it isn't real because it isn't from Miyamoto, but I'd count it as real
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:12 am

Okay yeah, could've worded that better. I know where Daisy's originally from, it's just that ever since that one single game, she's only had proper appearances in sports and Kart and Party and such, just like the made-specifically-for-spinoffs Waluigi and Toadette, so she seems to be on the same level as them these days.
Also, "a 'real' mario game" was also bad wording on my part 'cause it makes it sound like all those not-quite-canon sports/Kart/Party/etc games are inherently lesser than the platformers and such? But I can't think of a better term for it, and you guys know know what I mean.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:30 am

Ah, so it's more that you are hoping for a return of Daisy in one of the main games, yes? That could be neat, I mean, I know for a fact that some people are unhappy about the fact that player 3 and 4 are both Toads and it's been too long since a princess was playable in one of the main games. That could be an option. Or maybe have a Luigi game where he saves her, that could be neat, too.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:06 am

Nah, I'm pretty ambivalent to Daisy. I was more talkin' about any and all of the spinoff-exclusive characters in general.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:44 am

I'd love to see Fawful in Mario Kart, myself.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:16 am

Honestly, I'm not too fond of Toadette, for a simple reason. Without her, the Toads could be seen as a race with low sexual dimorphism, making them all ambiguously gendered. With her, they have a serious case of Smurf Syndrome going on.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:53 am

don't you be starting with tvtropes again
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:16 pm

Is that trope actually called Smurf Syndrome? I thought I just made that up...

Or do you mean ambiguously gendered? I suppose that could be a trope
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:49 am

Rrrrrrgh there are people on mspaf i just can't stand at all and whenever they say something i just want to kick them but i CANT because its the INTERNET what the HELL

ALSO YES YES YES MAJORAS MASK 3D MY FAVORITE ZELDA GAME YEEEEEEEAH
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:24 am

Well, I had begun to doubt Wicks position on my team and was unsure if I should bother getting a stone for him but the little guy just saved my bacon in the 8th gym so he's getting anything he wants.

My team was mostly level 37, with the exception of Andi and Wick at 39. Both Dragonairs critted with their dragon pulses and Choice Spec Icebeam Quagsire was not enough to one hit them so I lost him pretty early. I used Andi for the second, which worked fine but left him with only 2 HP and paralized, which is nearly as good as dead. Nightwing and Watte took out Gyarados together, though Nightwing might have gotten a little more hurt then he'd needed. Then came her last mon. Nightwing failed to hypnotise that sucker twice before he died. Watte wasn't fast enough even with Choice Scarf but managed to paralize it with a lucky Thunderbolt. That slowed it down enough for Helena to get a single Earthquake off (in hindsight I should have used that attack to blow her up, that might have worked better). So now four of my team are KO and Andi is pretty done, too, which leaves me with Wick. Her mon was low on health and paralized so I hoped that maybe a single Razor Leave might be enough. Nope, she uses an item and that asshole is as good as new. Fuck me. At least the Razor was a crit but that didn't even take half the health. But since I got nothing left I decide to say fuck it and try anyways. Since it is no longer paralized I try to put it to sleep, hoping that Wick survives one hit and then hope it stays asleep long enough for Wick to slowly kill that bastard. And that worked so now Wick is getting some thank you gifts. I was considering saving Sludge Bomb for a Gengar I might raise but now I think Wick'll get it instead.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:48 am

invisibleTerrarium wrote:Rrrrrrgh there are people on mspaf i just can't stand at all and whenever they say something i just want to kick them but i CANT because its the INTERNET what the HELL

ALSO YES YES YES MAJORAS MASK 3D MY FAVORITE ZELDA GAME YEEEEEEEAH

I gotta admit, I am now pretty curious r.e. who's bugging you so much. There's  *very small* subset of the MSPAF regular crowd that slightly irritate me, or at least their posts do sometimes, but I have a very strong suspicion the people whose posts I don't appreciate are not the people you are referring to.

Also, LATI@S EON TICKET is spread virally through spotpass. I think that's pretty interesting, though it means that without a wifi distribution I risk never getting it/only getting it if I land a job in Dublin next year/get lucky at the local convention. Oh well! Maybe we can connect to others via wifi and get it that way. That's a better viral way of doing it since it goes through friends and not through geographical location. WANT SRRABLE LATIAS
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:14 am

I think you mean StreetPass, not SpotPass. SpotPass is the one where you get data straight from Nintendo when your system is in sleep mode and connected to the internet.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:42 am

d_what wrote:I gotta admit, I am now pretty curious r.e. who's bugging you so much. There's  *very small* subset of the MSPAF regular crowd that slightly irritate me, or at least their posts do sometimes, but I have a very strong suspicion the people whose posts I don't appreciate are not the people you are referring to.
i think everyone has some small group of people who annoy them on mspaf and for most everyone here im sure that they are different like honestly i could give you the names of some and youd wonder why in the world them but then you could give me yours and id do the same to you even when im discussing some of this with rach and the others when someone really gets her goat sometimes i think but i like such and such why are they annoying you then again some times it is plz jln8 nao kthnx
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:26 pm

i simply quit going to mspaf

solved a whole box of problems right then and there
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next