Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

+8
OverlordJ
kotakun
Hanky Panky
cephalopodAscendant
Spark Eletran
muffinz
invisibleTerrarium
tinning3
12 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 26 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by OverlordJ Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:29 am

As I said, I'm pretty sure I know the name of at least one of the Axews, but then again, I'd prefer to get my hands on that Salamance.

Also, I still haven't played AS, since I was hoping I could get that grass starter via bank but I haven't been able to rebuy bank yet. I'll have to see if my internet via my phone is good enough, or else I'll have to wait till the weekend of the 17th and 18th
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 26 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by ilikeoctopus Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:41 pm

Hi again! You called?

...Yeahhh I have to admit that I haven't quite touched ORAS in a little while. Been preparing for a technical interview that I just went through today (@.@). Might try to truck through more of the game in the next few days before break is over. Gonna refrain from guessing since I'm not really active in the competitive scene right now, so I'd probably not be the best person that they could go to!

I promise I'm getting back into Pokemon soon! And will probably post more as a result. Please don't give up on me yet Smile
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:11 pm

ilikeoctopus wrote:Hi again! You called?

...Yeahhh I have to admit that I haven't quite touched ORAS in a little while. Been preparing for a technical interview that I just went through today (@.@). Might try to truck through more of the game in the next few days before break is over. Gonna refrain from guessing since I'm not really active in the competitive scene right now, so I'd probably not be the best person that they could go to!

I promise I'm getting back into Pokemon soon! And will probably post more as a result. Please don't give up on me yet Smile

...wow Octi's like Beetlejuice :O
How'd the interview go? I have one next week for my first "real" job, I really really like the company so far but if I'm honest the wage could make or break it for me :/ it's a semi-internship-sort of-job thing for 18 months and I haven't a clue what the wages will be like, (though I get a 1000 euro starting bonus and wages are reviewed every 6th months) and when the starting salary in my field in Ireland is the same as the average salary in Ireland, I *really* don't want to feel I'm being screwed out of what I'm worth. 18 months of internship pay is not really something I want to do :/ so I'm nervous!

And now worries lol if you are busy you are busy. You should guess anyway though! It'll be more fun and advance the round counter that way.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:00 pm

I'd like a Snivy, please? Any IV, any gender, as long as its Contrary ^^
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:02 am

Ah. Captain, while you're here, post a pokemon-nickname pair because it's been half a week and we're still on round one of the giveaway D:< D:<
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:28 am

if its taking so long just end the round now you dont have to wait to get however many guesses you can just end it early to move onto round two in which nobody will guess but so what at least youll have some winners
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:56 am

Ohh! Um, I'm going to go for Aku as the Umbreon. If we're talking Samurai Jack here, I think.

(The interview went okay and now I have to fill out forms to see if I get to another stage of interviews... This seems so complicated! @.@)
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:52 am

I'm gonna guess Aku as the Axew then. Because they sound the same, sorta.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:18 pm

I think we'll have to wait for D to announce who was right or wrong first.

Because if my guess for Salamance was wrong then I'll guess Keravnos next.

IGNORE THIS SPOILER UNLESS MY GUESS FOR SALAMANCE IN THE LAST ROUND WAS RIGHT:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:29 pm

Well, I don't think Spark's going to be too happy about this.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:47 pm

Okay!

ROUND 1: OVER

Aaaaaand the results are in!

Correct submissions: 1
Incorrect submissions: lol everything else guys 0/10 try harder!

Congratulations toooooooo...
Spoiler:

ROUND 2 SLATE:
Spoiler:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:54 pm

Guess that means that was right after all like I thought it might be. I think I'll guess Tyrian for the Starmie this time.

LOGIC BEHIND THE LAST GUESS IF YOU'RE INTERESTED:
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:16 pm

As I said, Keravnos the Salamance this time.

In addition to cA:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:54 pm

Andromeda the Gyarados?
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:57 pm

Woo! Thanks much, D! ...And classes are starting tomorrow but I'm going to try to get online sometime this week (after 3pm EST probably) before we get swamped by homework. Or, when are you available and I can pop online then?
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:06 am

I'm available pretty much all the time except when I'm sleeping this month, we get long holidays. Timezones are a little awkward, but I am flexible, so, whenever Smile

Keep on with the guessing peeps! There's some quality guessing going on. (Although almost everyone who WOULD and CAN guess already has... *sigh* sure is quiet lately.)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:00 am

Maybe we should figure out where all the people went?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:26 am

tahiti
they all went to tahiti
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:42 am

Do we know why they went to tahiti?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:59 am

Probably to buy a cake. I'm told Tahiti has all the best cakes.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:35 am

Well, it's back to class for me today. Oddly, I ended up with all my Comp Sci classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and everything else on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:46 am

Huh. What are your other classes like? I've never really grasped the whole "major" thing. I suppose its useful if you don't really know what you want to do when you graduate, but if you do then it's kind of a loss of productivity isn't it?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:48 am

Well, I've got Physics, which is actually required for my major, and Humanities, which is one of the gen ed requirements.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:00 pm

Hey, D, sorry I'm late but wasn't it your birthday yesterday? If so, happy late birthday, I hope you had a nice day.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:43 pm

i never went anywhere
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next