Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

+8
OverlordJ
kotakun
Hanky Panky
cephalopodAscendant
Spark Eletran
muffinz
invisibleTerrarium
tinning3
12 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 13 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by OverlordJ Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:54 pm

I haven't been on mspaforum lately but there is one person I can't stand.

Are you curious who?:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 13 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by tinning3 Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:52 pm

I used to go through looking for interesting topics to read, but now I only use the control panel to check if the few topics I've already gone through have updated, and i'll occasionally post to them.

Also yes, Majora's mask. It's gonna be great! I got a whole load of self imposed challenges I wanna put myself through! Things like helping as many people as I can in one cycle, 3 heart container challenges, not using the bank, not using shortcuts, using shortcuts but not the transport songs... other fun challenges I can get online.

The ORAS streetpass distribution isn't too bad, I suppose. It at least means that the distribution technically lasts so long as people still use 3ds streetpass, as opposed to those stupid gameshop distributions that a good deal of player will never get to see. "Wifi mystery card, what is that, we'll force fans to go to shops in completely different cities, it's all good!". For a series that promotes wireless technology so much they hate making things easy with it. Which might be the point I guess, since they are supposed to be rare pokemon, but bluh bluh, I'm not spending £10-£15 to go to a major city just so I can get a pokemon that will do nothing but look pretty in my box. I could buy a couple decent games with that, or you know, food.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:29 pm

*cries at the fact he lives in brazil*

O the bright side tho MM3D looks super cool (also, love that they're reusing the Great Fairy and Majora's Moon models from Hyrule Warriors)

MK8 DLC also seems super cool

and hopy shit canvas curse is 4-player that was rad

On some. not so bright news tho. idk why but my wii u cant seem to connect to the internet anymore and its just. s o fucking frustrating it gives me an error that isnt even on the nintendo support and i cant connect and get the fucking hyrule warriors dlc i paid for or the mk8 dlc and ughhgghhgh

also this last homestuck upd8 was not okay
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:16 pm

Why was it not okay? Because it was sad? But I thought that's what being in a fandom like Homestuck is like. Everyone you love and care about dies and everyone cries.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:53 pm

(i'm guessing all of you read the update already but i'll spoiler it anyways just in case)
Spoiler:

Last edited by muffinz on Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:55 pm

OverlordJ wrote:I haven't been on mspaforum lately but there is one person I can't stand.

Are you curious who?:

Is there a joke here that im not getting or do you genuinely dislike kieros
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:28 pm

Kíeros has the rare talent to really upset me, so no, not a joke.

As for the update:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:26 am

on the update: I'm fairly confident it and a some of the older ones have miffed a lot of people. Like, there's this palapable sense that so much has gone wrong, and for so little reason, that it's all gonna get scrapped and is therefore meaningless. And I guess nobody knows how it's gonna go now.

But to address the "for so little reason" bit. Sure, the last update was out of the left field a bit, and isn't wholly sensible. But first! Remember God Tiering has ALWAYS been subject to the narrative. That has been incredibly obvious from the start! It means no god-tier is gonna die from a stupid pratfall into a pit or something... which no character in the narrative was gonna do anyway. Expecting the opposite is seriously naive (someone on mspaf was actually mad and confused about this. It's kind of... incredibly obvious??). Homestuck characters have ALWAYS been slaves to the narrative. ANYWAY two of the theories on the "god that's so shit why is it working like that" are 1) The timeline is showing all the signs of being doomed, and a doomed timeline is designed to kill players as soon as possible, so the qualifications needed to get a just/heroic death are significantly reduced, since the alpha timeline/sburb no longer cares. Back up to this is all the God Tier doomed timeline trolls we've seen. Obviously they're all dead, but they're also God Tiers; do you really believe in all of their infinite instances they really did something really "heroic" or "just" to warrant dying? The beforan trolls had 3 years of nothing at all in a dead session, besides Damara and Meenah going at it early-on. I figure once a timeline is officially a dead-end, god tier Resurrection means little. And it has to be a dead end; at this point it's non-recoverable for a whole bunch of reasons. ((also, consider Jack's stabbing of GT John right at the start. His death there has a LOT of similarities to the latest one, yet his wasn't heroic/permanent. What gives??)) The second is that Aranea's messing with stuff. If she can shift the clock to "Just", which she DEFINITELY did with Jane (because there'd be no reason for it otherwise) who's to say she couldn't have done it with Heroic, too? It's in her interests to try and mess up the timeline as much as possible and we don't know enough about her luck powers to know if they are actively activated or passive/can happen post-mortum. 

so yeah tl;dr reasons for everything. Dirk's right though; he still technically failed and will have done even if there is a retcon. That doesn't change; in a timeline where he was doing everything he could, it wasn't enough to save anybody. That's the kind of psychological screwery I could see carrying over into a new timeline to mess with him. He's that kind of person.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:56 am

I don't see why so many people think that one or more of those deaths shouldn'thave been just or heroic. Also, D, use some spoilers please
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:49 pm

Spoiler:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:18 pm

Spoiler:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:58 pm

Isn't there, like, a time limit on how long spoilers are actually relevant :/ I mean, the last one, sure, but the flash?? That's like... 2 weeks ago?? It's sort of the definition of "old news" as far as MSPA is concerned, what with the quick update schedule. And nothing I mentioned was really targeted towards anything recent.

Aaaaand: "an heroic" I didn't know Brazil was one of the countries with silent hs, this is very interesting for me. I saw more or less the same text on an Irish national newspaper a month ago and nearly had a conniption. I mean... editors, what are they even for????
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:43 pm

You also talked about how the death in the latest update was similar to what happened to John. So anyone who didn't read yet knows someone dies.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:45 pm

OverlordJ wrote:Why was it not okay? Because it was sad? But I thought that's what being in a fandom like Homestuck is like. Everyone you love and care about dies and everyone cries.

OJ on the previous update mspa dude spoilers much!!!! mspa

I was nearly doing that Vriska face that time she put an extra ! in her !!!!!!!!s. Until I read over my post and I was like "oh. Nah that's relatively vague".

20 DAYS UNTIL ORAS!!!!
EXCEPT FOR MOST PEOPLE
IT'S REALLY CLOSER TO 2 WEEKS!!!!!
GOTTA TRY AND CONVINCE PEOPLE TO BUY 3DSs!!!! it will not be very effective Sad

edit: interesting MSPA news post on god tier mechanics.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:07 pm

I'm p satisfied with his explanation, makes sense

actually taking action was the dividing line here
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:43 pm

Unrelated. I haven't had a battle with Miis yet, anyone up for it? I've been reluctant to go online because, well... the lag has been just bad enough to remove any enjoyment from the game. Nobody else is using the internet tonight so it might be better.

I have a female Diggersby called Bertha now. Is Bertha a suitable name? I wanted a tough, girth-y kinda name. But I don't want to rely on names that all end in "a"s for female Pokemon. Also her attack stat is HUUUUUUUUUUUGE after Huge Power! Choice Scarf, too!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:10 pm

Adding an a to a name is a common way to turn a male name female. As such, it is no surprise if many of your female named Pokemons end with an a. Ending in a, e or i is common for female names, while ending in o or u is rare at best. You could end it on a consonant, like Helen, Ann or Anabell perhaps?

As for the news, the short story was lovely and the information made sense to me.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:34 pm

d_what wrote:GOTTA TRY AND CONVINCE PEOPLE TO BUY 3DSs!!!! it will not be very effective :(
im gonna buy as many 3dses for oras as i did for xy so my number of 3dses will be tripling and no thats not a math error thats the fun of zero as the absorbing element of multiplication over the reals
also there was a conversation earlier on this page that was hilarious to me i just wanted to get that out there because if i said why it was funny it wouldnt be funny any more and that wouldnt be fun so thanks to whoever did that i got a chuckle out of that
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:45 pm

And this is where we learn that Kotakun is a math person.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:52 pm

*glares*
your name is Bertha, isn't it??!?!?
>_< Anyway we already knew Kotakun was good at Math. As was Gelatino, and, Octi I think, and I've forgotten who else. We're surprisingly mathsy. Well, not me. I'm only interested in probability and statistics.

Anyway OJ you reminded me of a game. It's a pretty shit game, which is why I'm gonna put it in spoilers. 
Spoiler:

Last edited by d_what on Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:10 am; edited 3 times in total
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:53 pm

Well, for one, you're forgetting me. Whenever I actually work up the motivation to fill out that form, I'll be a math minor.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:08 pm

Actually I deliberately left you out because you were the last person to post and also because IBM prolly don't hire people who aren't at least a little bit numerically literate mspa

literally numeric.

numerate literacle?

"gud wit nummers"
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:55 pm

That is hard but I'll give it a try if you try to match the ones I have on SoulSilver, deal?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:31 pm

LETS TAKE A CRACK AT D'S GAME:

D, you should totally make a thread for this.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:20 pm

Did someone say Mohs?

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 13 Abyss5_13
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next