Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: The Smashening

+12
ilikeoctopus
Captain
Xaber
phantasmalDexterity
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
kotakun
d_what
invisibleTerrarium
Dregadude
Hanky Panky
OverlordJ
16 posters

Page 32 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 41  Next

Go down

General Chat: The Smashening - Page 32 Empty Re: General Chat: The Smashening

Post by kotakun Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:13 pm

d_what wrote:Some more new info, none of it really interesting at all for discussion purposes, and one plot related spoiler so if people don't want to see it O can tell them everything else instead.
warning plot spoilers below
not really:
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:13 pm

psst btw
Some people have gotten Smash 3DS one day early in Japan and
ALL THE CHARACTERS IN THE GAME HERE:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:11 pm

Can one even flood the seas? I mean, they kinda come... pre-flooded, right? If this is so, then can you un-flood the seas? Deflood? Damn flood has started to look like one of those words that don't make sense after overexposure.

FLOOOOOOOOOO (pronounced like blue) OOOOD
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:00 pm

In case I forgot to tell, I'll be in Rome for the next five days, I won't be online as much, obviously
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:13 pm

Ooh, that sounds fun. What's the occasion?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:42 pm

oj is the new pope
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:51 am

I apparently can't go for any length of time without making stats so here, lemme predict m-sharpedo/camerupt's stats.

70/150/60/105/60/115
70/130/110/135/95/20

Yeah, kinda bland I guess, but hey, I think they fit. Camerupt may be slightly more defense-oriented, or maybe its SpD and Def will both go up the same amount, or something else. I dunno. Sharpedo has gotta be either that or 160 attack/105 speed, though. I can't see it being very different from my predicted stats. MAYYYBE 140 Att/115 SpA/115 Spe, but I doubt it'll just get a flat +20 all around.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:22 am

Well, the English site has the Coro Coro info now. Let's get into the juicy details.

Primal Groudon's Ability is called Desolate Land. It works like Drought, except the weather can't be changed (outside of Air Lock and Cloud Nine, presumably), Water moves don't do anything, and it lasts until you switch Primal Groudon out. Groudon's new move is called Precipice Blades. It's a Ground move and can hit multiple targets.

Primal Kyogre gets the Primordial Sea Ability, which is the obvious counterpart to Desolate Land: perpetual rain, and Fire moves do nothing. Origin Pulse is another multi-target move.

No new info on Mega Camerupt, Mega Sharpedo, or Mega Gallade, although Mega Sharpedo's nose spikes are apparently retractable, because none of the screenshots show them.

Maxie is confirmed to use a Mega, strongly hinted to be Camerupt (as if we couldn't figure it out already). Ditto with Archie and Sharpedo. Tabitha's apparently got demon eyes like Chancellor Cole from Spirit Tracks. It seems like Tabitha and Shelly are going to be taking on something of a second-in-command role, and all of the admins are getting unique personalities. The teams' goals have also been fleshed out a little. Team Magma's trying to expand the land to aid in human progress, while Team Aqua wants to restore Pokémon habitats in the ocean wiped out by overzealous development.

Wally is explicitly confirmed to use Mega Gallade. His story seems to be the same as it was back in the day.

The US is getting the demo just like Japan, although we don't know the exact details of the release yet. Bank is slated to work with ORAS at launch. Wally refers to Brendan as Orlando, which is making me even more worried that they're going to pull another Lyra (I really hope this is just the equivalent of Xavier and Yvonne...).
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:56 pm

so does anyone have extra smash bros demo codes
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:23 pm

I would guess that's a no. I wonder if they are region locked? In any case, I don't really mind waiting. October 3rd isn't that far away and it's not the kind of game that I'm DYING to play, merely looking forward to greatly. It looks like it runs really well and the animations are neat. Also, I have stuff I should be doing anyway Neutral ((not that I'd object to getting a demo code, mind you.))

Probably won't be able to have matches with anybody once I do get it. My current internet plan (40GB! Very Happy Very Happy ) expires in 4 days and after that my entire household is back to 15. Which really won't cover online Smash.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:34 pm

I got 4 codes today! Well, probably earlier, but I didn't check. Anyway, I had 3 close friends in mind, and I've asked them, so far 1 has some codes already, 1 is in the philippines and is likely not going to want the code, and 1 hasn't replied yet. So, 1 code is definatly up for grabs for HP, 1 is likely up for grabs but not certain, and 1 depends on if the 3rd friend has the codes already.

So, assuming the codes aren't region locked, and my 2nd friend doesn't want the code... fight to the death go now!

EDIT: Pretty sure the codes are region locked after some googling. You can still fight to the death if ya want, but it'll probably be a dud code.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:26 pm

OOOOhhh Tinning I'm so glad you've showed up I was literally *just* thinking about you! Not for any weird reason really. Actually, I was going to post:

"So guys, any thoughts about the Scottish referendum? Please don't tell me you haven't heard of it, unless you're Spark or iT and get a pass because of age. I'd rather live in a world where the stereotype of westerners not paying attention to world events outside their own borders isn't even slightly true. I particularly want to hear from Captain, and also maybe Tinning, though he hasn't been around much lately and I'm p. sure I know how Captain feels."

See? not weird at all. Odd timing though.

umm it makes sense that if there is a code going that Hanky gets it since he asked first and I don't really mind. And if it is region locked and you don't have anyone else to give it too I'll take it off both of your respective hands.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:38 pm

TBH I think if they want to be their own country they can, if they wanna stay they can. I couldn't give less of a damn either way.

Also Tinning I'd love a demo code if one comes up.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:53 pm

Well, I am a very think-of-able guy, ya know?

Well, I personally think that all bloody history and feelings aside, we all work very well together, and if scotland votes yes in the end, I feel that it's a step backwards from the path of a united, stronger earth.

Saying that, I don't know if you've read any of them, but I just want to say that the strict 'no' campaign from all of the british tabloids (Yes, that is what they are, if they're not completely objectionable then they're less trustworthy for the full, true story as kotakun. Whom I regard as an excellent source of unbiased news, of course) is completely disgusting, and it is nothing more than a campaign of bullying and nonsensical scaremongering, and if they had their way a successful 'yes' would blast scotland off into the sun for daring to try something different. Because if they do vote yes, then yes it's sad that the majority of scots believed it was the right thing to do, but it's what THEY thought was the right thing to do, and I wish them all the luck. A part of me wants it to happen to see how they handle the independence, though I do hope it won't alienate everyone.

Basically, I hope for a 'no', but if it turns out differently I have an open mind and wish them the best. There are very few independent countries anymore.

@Captain I'll mail a code to HP and D_W since they asked first, but if I'll ask them to mail the code to you if it doesn't work, OK?

P.S. megaslowbro looks stupid, I'll stick to my funny derpy bro thanks
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:12 pm

Huh. Wow. That was sort of a complete flip of what I expected you guys to say (With Captain being halfway between "no" and "apathy", and Tinning being halfway between "yes" and "raw unbridled curiosity", which is totally a valid political standpoint guiz).

Obviously, regardless of what happens, I want both economies to succeed and for the people to prosper, because lets be honest here, it's ALL about the money. If GB turn out to be absolutely solidly fine economically post-split then I can guarantee nobody will harbor any grudges, unfortunately, the reverse is also (and reasonably) true. 

I haven't really liked many of the arguments on either side. To be fair to the Yes campaign, Scottish Nationalism (read: Borderline Xenophobia that so often appears in things like this) has been at a near minimum, which is impressive, and they've had an absurdly large turnout for the campaign. But nobody seems able to answer the question: CAN they actually fund themselves? Scotland DOES get handouts from Westminster and the oilfields DON'T supply that much money. But then, how often do you see a country fail completely? Even Greece scrapes by. It might be worthwhile to take the chance. Meanwhile, the No campaign (as espoused by the southerners) reeks of bias and hypocrisy and platitudes. None of that really means the No side is wrong, though the way they go about it certainly is. The *ONLY* valid argument the No side have is economic uncertainty and they're not playing it properly. Which is a shame, because it is actually a good argument. Instead you get bullshit like #betterTogether (read: Our half is better with your half maintaining the status quo, your silly ideas shouldn't hurt our lifestyle, please don't leave us) and faux union patriotism the likes of which would really annoy any halfway rational Tumblr "cultural appropriation" spammer, should one ever be documented. I can't blame any English (or any nationality, really) person for being pro-No, they are totally justified in having that opinion, but I would have expected better from the media, who have definitely been shown to be biased. Also some of the No arguments coming from certain sources are actually veiled threats which is just disgusting >:O

Then there's the slippery slope thing. Something about, I dunno, Wales and some backwater place called Cornwall? (I say backwater because everybody seems to describe it as being what I would call backwater?) But that's politics and if we went around worrying about side effects all day nothing would ever get done.

But ultimately Scotland does what Scotland wants, for right or wrong. If Russia decided to introduce the death penalty for all homosexual adults down to a majority vote, I would be disgusted and appalled but if the majority want it... That's democracy for you. Nobody said it had to be nice.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:36 pm

btw
I got a Smash code through a Nintendo trivia contest
i knew how much useless nintendo trivia i know would come into play someday

It helps that one question I got was Kirby Triple Deluxe-related and the other Kid Icarus Uprising-related, of course
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:36 pm

btw
I got a Smash code through a Nintendo trivia contest
i knew how much useless nintendo trivia i know would come into play someday

It helps that one question I got was Kirby Triple Deluxe-related and the other Kid Icarus Uprising-related, of course
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:39 pm

Ooooh what were the questions :O I almost certainly don't know the answers (at least to the Kirby one) but I love a good quiz! 

Also Tinning is awesome and everything is lego.
DOWNLOAD FASTER DAMMIT
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:00 pm

Questions (Kirby Triple Deluxe spoilers I guess?? It spoils a boss and is still a recent game):
It was a first-come-first-get thing, so the first right answer to be given got the point basically
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:04 pm

Wooh go spark! What was censorable about the Fire Temple's music, though? Sounds like something worth googling. Or the Gerudo logo, for that matter, but that could be because of skulls or something IDK.

I have learned that Megaman has lag but is fun to play with and has interesting range, meanwhile, I am death to Villagers - providing I play as said Villagers. The new items are so much fun Very Happy
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:20 pm

The Fire Temple included some chanting that came from an islamic prayer and the Gerudo logo used to look like the islamic emblem, basically
Ganon's blood used to be red "realistic" blood too but was changed to green instead later, on that note :0
also the Uprising question was LITERALLY immediate as soon as I saw it and I'm surprised no one else knew it because it's just. such an easy thing in my head. pros of having it as my favorite game I guess
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:02 pm

thanks for the offer, tinman. i snagged a US code from reddit today and have passed the code you sent to me on to Cap.

i really like megaman over villager. i can't seem to work out the kinks in villager's set. mostly i don't like the fact that his attacks don't have a lot of knockback. megaman's air up+a is my favorite.

link doesn't suck any more and mario is still mario. i heard pikachu got nerfed some. thunder still hits like a bitch though.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:11 pm

if any of the codes dont work feel free to send them to me
because if it doesnt work why not give it to someone without a 3ds who doesnt even plan on getting ssb even if they get a 3ds? besides who wants to stand in the way of utter failure on all levels?
heck you could even send me the letter 2 as a code saying that its correct and id have no way of proving you wrong except if the code was only one character long and one use only then it should have been cracked by anyone well before now but thats only speculation not actual proof
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:39 am

Yeah overall I feel the game is much more balanced now, at least with those 5. Played correctly, villager can run rings around a lot of opponents. Pikachu plays the same, though IMO thunders hitboxes have been shortened and narrowed and its much harder to get the hit. Mario's attacks are less laggy and have noticeably more Oomph, he no longer seems like a boring weak character. And Link is faster, a little lighter and much stronger. I really really like Link this time around. His projectiles are even powerful Very Happy

Megaman's Bs are disappointing but his As are great. Dash A? Side air? Up air? Down air kinda stinks... Regular A and smash A, or down smash? All great fun. And his Recovery's not bad.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:11 am

wow Spark, when I read the words 'nintendo trivia contest' I thought it would be baby easy mode trivia, like' what is mario's second name', but I doubt I'd have gotten most of those! Well done! Very Happy

Oh awesome, it worked D_What? Yeah I like link a lot better too. He surprised me with his dash attack, he does a little jump slash! It was surprising, but I can find so much use out of that compared to his old plain swipe. IMO, the villager's recovery move is a little bit op? I haven't used him much, but at one point I was almost out the bottom of the ring, and i got almost to the top of the screen using it. I assume it's balanced by him being extremely light though. <3 his side B.

Megaman is great, love his down taunt, and him and villagers side smash attacks are so fun to use.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 41  Next