Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: The Smashening

+12
ilikeoctopus
Captain
Xaber
phantasmalDexterity
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
kotakun
d_what
invisibleTerrarium
Dregadude
Hanky Panky
OverlordJ
16 posters

Page 23 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 41  Next

Go down

General Chat: The Smashening - Page 23 Empty Re: General Chat: The Smashening

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:59 am

We also have the Kalos Elite 4 stage.

What about an ORAS stage, dammit! Get us some Sky Tower up in this!
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:14 am

Well, considering ORAS won't come out until after the 3DS version, and the Wii U version will be more focused on console titles, it's not too surprising. I do agree that Milotic seems a little random, especially considering it wasn't even available until after you dealt with all of this stuff.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:31 am

Twist Mountain or Route 111 could make for decent brawl stages. Sufficiently open yet lumpy, neat weather conditions, plenty of potential Pokemon in the scenery.

I'm not worried about Milotic, it's probably one of many high-level Pokemon that will randomly appear. It's not like you can actually find a Zapdos in Lumiose, or a Cresselia on the Spear Pillar. But given that the developers had the cast picked before X and Y were even in development, and given certain other track records, (i.e no Galaxy representation in Brawl because development started much sooner) I doubt we'lll see much if anything from ORAS. RSE MAYBE but I would put money on that there won't be any ORAS-specific things in SSB4.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:34 am

ooh ooh i think i know whose castle it is

its the almia castle from ranger right?
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:37 pm

Yes.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:50 pm

OverlordJ wrote:They don't sell them anymore in my usual card shop, but I think they still sell them on the internet. That said, 80$ is about 60€, right? In that case I doubt it'll be much cheaper here. In my card shop I originally paid 30€ (I got the R/W/U Zedruu one, which is loads of fun) but the chance to find it that cheap is not too good. 50€ is probably more likely and that's still kind of optimistic. So with the fees it'll probably not be much cheaper. BUT if I happen to find it for the original 30€ I'll see what I can do Smile

i think 30 euros is still way out of my league.

thanks for trying though.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:18 am

30€ is about 40$

I hope I don't seem rude but I have a question. It seems I might have a bit more budget then you when it comes to MtG cards, but out of curiosity, if 30€ would be too much, how would I even dream about buying half the cards you listed? I am fairly sure multiple of them will cost 5€ and more. I luckily happen to have a Doubling Season already but that alone costs at least 15$ nowadays, I think.
In any case, the best advice I could give you is to check sites like ebay and co regularly, maybe someone will sell it cheaper one day.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:16 pm

there are a lot of factors that make it so that $40USD is too much right now. the biggest factor being that i am saving up for a lot of games that will be coming out later this year, in addition to trying not to barf up all my entertainment money on cards when i'm leaving to go on vacation for a week tomorrow. i tend to spend $10-20/week on building EDH decks, personally, and try to avoid dropping larger sums at once because i know it won't impact my decision to spend $15 next week if I drop $35 this week. MTG budget is something i have probably the least amount of self-control over right now, and i'm working to get it back. the cards i listed aren't ALL expensive, but i'm sure some are. i just went through and made a list of things that i might like to have myself, were i to build a mimeoplasm deck that revolved around +1/+1 counter manipulation.

for example, i started building my krenko deck in January this year, and only just finished it about a month ago. the total cost of each piece, were i to buy them individually on TCGPlayer would be ~$175, but i traded for a lot of what i needed. i don't play standard, so when i open up hot stuff like a chase rare that i won't need for my EDH decks, i tend to trade it when it's at its apex. additionally, i'm always looking to go up in value. i'd happily trade a foil Godsend for a trio of shocklands, because i know the foil Godsend will only drop in value. matter of fact, i did that on JOU release night.

so really, what i do is to slowly build my collection and usually i start buying pieces for decks that are staples in EDH in general so that i can keep those around once i'm tired of playing that particular deck. that way i can keep from spending so much. plus, a lot of the cards i listed aren't very highly valued. sometimes it's better to take utility over raw power. like sapphire drake. in a deck that revolves around +1/+1 counters, this guy gives your powered up dudes flying. which is hella, considering that evasion is still a priority in EDH. or Zameck Guildmage. turn your +1/+1 counters into refilling your hand. generally speaking, that tends to be a better strategy than putting all your eggs in one basket and hoping i'm not sitting on a hero's downfall.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:49 pm

Ah, that makes sense. I guess we have very different buyer habbits. I rarely buy cards but when I do, I easily drop 20-30€, sometimes more, I also rarely buy cards seperatly, because I love the excitement of opening boosters. Also, I trade less, because I sadly haven't met many people to trade with lately. Nor have I met many to play with, for that matter...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:46 pm

Yo, Mystery Inc (which is you guys, I am calling you that for reasons), I need help D:

So I was having a random "fun battle" with some guy on WiFi, my team of more or less random mons versus his, he had some box legendaries and everything was entirely shiny... you know how this goes. I won 4-0, but something weird happened early in the battle. I'll recount as follows.

My Espeon versus his Haxorus.
Espeon uses Yawn! Haxorus is drowsy.
Haxorus uses Dragon Dance.
Retreat Espeon, send out Argo (Gyarados)
Gyarados Intimidates the opponent!
Haxorus uses Dragon Claw.
Gyarados is KO'd.

That's all that happened, but for the life of me I can't figure out how. Dragon Dance is a +1 boost, intimidate is a -1 Boost, and Mold Breaker doesn't affect Intimidate. Hax wasn't holding a Choice Band (switched moves) or a Dragon Gem (doesn't exist), or a life orb (took no recoil), it wasn't a critical hit, and on the damage calculators and those conditions, even assuming a Draco Plate, a Dragon Claw does only 86% max at level 50, assuming Adamant Max Atk Haxorus and minimum defense 31 def/hp Gyarados. I don't understand it.

Unless I completely fluffed up the breeding and didn't notice D: gonna check that now, hope it's not the case... yikes.

EDIT: nope. 31 IVs across the board. What am I missing? How did it get the KO?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:53 pm

OOOOOH I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT

OOOOH THAT'S SNEAKY
BUT OKAY
IT MAKES SENSE

SOMEONE TELL ME IF THEY GET IT TOO
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:13 pm

Hmm, I thought I had an Idea but I missremembered the hold item...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:41 pm

hmmm
what were the genders?
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:47 pm

Ahaha you asked the right question Very Happy Got it indeed! 10 points to... whatever Hogwarts house you're in. Both the shiny Haxorus and my Argo were male. Indeed, everything makes sense.

Umm, when you posses all the facts, anyway. Otherwise this just seems like weird trivia.
It's an interesting lesson for me; never over/under/forget?/estimate your opponent; I should have been immediately alerted to the lack of Mold Breaker but didn't notice and just assumed it ran it, because every typical Haxorus does. And that lost me a Pokemon, which just goes to show.

I think Argo is a nice name for a MegaDos. But then, I WOULD think that, wouldn't I?
Spoiler:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:03 am

A reply to the above spoiler:

Last edited by OverlordJ on Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:05 am

Do we really need to put Harry Potter stuff in spoilers?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:07 am

I don't know, D did it, so I did it as well. *shrug*
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:37 am

gigantic spoiler for the harry potter series below

Spoiler:
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:45 am

kotakun wrote:gigantic spoiler for the harry potter series below

God damn, that was hilarious and clever, good job kotakun
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:44 am

haha, yeah.

Can't really blame D for that definition of Hufflepuff, I mean even the book says it like that, "While the other founders took students based on either ambition, bravery, or intelligence, Helga Hufflepuff took the rest, treating them all equally and teaching them all she knew." (OoTP)
But word of the god is that their common theme is being loyal, fair and hard working.
Anyway, according to the official sorting test on pottermore, I'm in Hufflepuff.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:35 am

I never took the test but I'd assume I'd be in Slytherin, mayyyybe Ravenclaw. As for what Hufflepuff is, they always seemed like the "timid nice ones" to me. But loyal, fair and hard working is fitting, I guess. A bit odd compared to the other three but who cares.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:27 am

I saw a tumblr post that I think exemplifies the principles of the houses well
It was something like

a Gryffindor will die to save you

a Slytherin will kill to save you

a Ravenclaw will try to figure out a way where nobody dies

a Hufflepuff will be willing to die with you to reassure you it could've been worse in the afterlife

I took the test and it said I was a Slytherin but... The test was kinda arbitrary. I mean, didn't word of god also say that the reason Harry, Ron and Hermione were Gryffindor was because they were brave enough to ask to be in it, despite the fact that it would've made more sense for them to be placed in Slytherin, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw?

The houses really aren't only a "personality test" thing, they're also partially just what you want to be, p sure.

...on that note I think I'd be in Hufflepuff.

Oh, and, I recently took a MBTI test, and I actually... found the perfect type for me. INFJ. The description fits me so much and I'm rly happy with it
it also means that I'm apparently the same personality type as Karkat, Sakura Oogami, Nagito Komaeda, Blake Belladona, and even Ron. v happy with that 80
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:32 pm

Because it takes bravery to ask a supposedly flawless being to send you into a different house then the one it decided for you. It's not just picking one you like.

And once you know that asking is enough, it is no longer an act of bravery, so it is no longer enough.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:54 pm

I would probably be a Hufflepuff, maybe a Griffindor. I have little ambition, and I'm not hugely smart. A loyal, hard-working busy-body seems about right for me, but then again I'm Reckless and don't care about getting hurt, plus I'm not hard-working, so maybe Griffindor is where I belong?

I got... ISTP I think. Yeah I checked, it was ISTP. Which fits me perfectly.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:57 pm

If you wanna look at it that way, one could say wanting to be a Slytherin is an act of ambition. Or that, idk, being sure of the fact you'll be a Ravenclaw is a symbol of your knowledge. And working hard to be chosen as a Hufflepuff could lead you to being one.

If there's one thing Homestuck titles have taught me is that there's lots of ways to twist personality descriptors like these around.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 41  Next