Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

+17
tinning3
ilikeoctopus
Dregadude
Xaber
Druplesnubb
willPowered
muffinz
Spark Eletran
d_what
phantasmalDexterity
OverlordJ
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
variegatedDreamraptor
NinteNerd
cephalopodAscendant
Hanky Panky
21 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo - Page 36 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:41 pm

which also means well most likely never know if, for example, tipping does boost shinyness or not unless someone who was a part of the game outright tells us

.......geez this feels weird.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo - Page 36 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:42 pm

Well, I'm reasonably confident that the 3DS will be cracked eventually. The only question is how long it will take.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:44 pm

^Yeah.
I... kinda hope its soon tbh.
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by variegatedDreamraptor Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:30 am

In case anybody who hasn't heard it yet still wants to hear Diggersby's cry, I recorded it.

http://plumesofadamant.tumblr.com/post/65026246955/diggersby-horuudo-s-cry-apparently-a-number-of
variegatedDreamraptor
variegatedDreamraptor
Cooltrainer

Location : Guys just so you know I am basically NEVER on here. I only really go on the Skype now.

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:18 am

Haha, is that seriously how it sounds?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:56 am

Yeah.

I'm stylish~

Also, OJ.

Also, also, apparently the fix for the Lumiose glitch is out now; it can be downloaded from the Nintendo Shop.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:36 am

Aww yeah~

Gengar's pretty awesome
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:58 am

Addendum: I know what it's supposed to be, but for me it actually looks like all those Gengars were sacrificing one of them to the Dark God of the Volcano, Plum.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:29 am

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo - Page 36 Tumblr_lf3xsbbq311qg2cgfo1_500

Also:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:09 pm

Diggersby's cry sounds like someone burping.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:19 pm

^
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Diagonal movement makes the ice sooo much more awesome.

Also, I think Bergmite is kinda cool, too bad it's pure Ice.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:23 pm

Meh. The standard 'this guy is defensive but needs a better typing' line usually is followed by 'let's make it steel type!' Yet Ice/Steel is actually like ice only more exaggerated? And anyway, Avalugg might be the only shot we have at a defensive ice type.

Have you SEEN those stats. My god. It's only taken them this long to realise how exagerrated an ice type's stats have to be in order to be even slightly usable. 
Inb4 cryogonal...
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:32 pm

Dude avalugg tanks almost any physical attack with ease. that is absurd.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:58 pm

It's kind of a shame, they made changes to the type chart but missed the chance to balance some of the weaker types a little. Make Bug and Grass be resisted by less than 7 fucking types maybe? Let Ice Resist something other than itself? Come on GF what are you doing
OverlordJ wrote:Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo - Page 36 Tumblr_lf3xsbbq311qg2cgfo1_500
0_0
I
Want
Now
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:09 pm

A guy made a list of mysterious things in the game
I'm happy that I actually discovered most of these. And I'm also very exited, because i would like me some Events.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:21 pm

Btw, I'd just like to point something out real quick, from the TV Tropes page for X and Y.

In the official X and Y Guidebook, released not too long ago, it's said "In addition to the thirteen Berries that can only be cultivated through mutation, another fourteen Berries do not appear in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y and can be obtained only by trading them from other regions."

....So you get them through Pokémon Ba-- NOPE, CAN'T TRANSFER ITEMS

so um
yeah
were getting some other region on the 3ds thats for sure i suppose
whether its hoennremakes or revisiting some old region in the third version or even 7th gen or something even MORE unexpected (gamefreaks been good at that lately), who knows
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:53 pm

I doubt it will be Gen VII games. First, we haven't been able to connect directly with different generation games since GSC. Second, it's looking pretty likely that we'll be using Pokémon Bank to transfer between generations for all future games, and since you can't give your stored Pokémon held items, even if you could send Pokémon back from Gen VII to Gen VI you wouldn't be able to transfer the berries with them. I suspect it'll have something to do with the Backpacker who gives you the Strange Souvenir, since Game Freak has never hinted at a future region before, which implies they've already got a lot of stuff prepared for it. RSE remakes are another good possibility, to the point where I'm wondering if we'll see both those and a game in a new region before Gen VI is done. And of course, Game Freak has been shattering expectations left and right this generation, so there's also a high chance that whatever it is, none of us will see it coming.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:54 pm

The strong hints that Gamefreak are dropping have basically made me think a lot, I must say. Throughout the game, yoiu get loads of hints about another region. The Kalos region fought with another region a lot during history, the backpacker in the hotels who says he comes from another region (the same one that gives you the souvenir), and the berries, they all point to one thing: there's going to be a new region. One that will come pretty soon, and one that X&Y will be able to interact with.

"Yeah that could just be Hoenn though RS remakes yay!"

Nope. That's not an option. The Backpacker in the hotel says that his region is not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova or Kalos. He's from a totally different region. Oh, and he adds that we'll be visiting it soon. He makes that point perfectly clear.

So this is my theory: Pokemon Z will be set in a totally new region. There will be a new set of Pokemon to go with said region (because come on Gamefreak, 69 newbies is rubbish, and you know it). Idk yet if there will also be Kalos Pokemon here or not. But what's important is that the region itself will be different to Kalos. A whole new set of Gym leaders, new cities to explore... it'll be awesome. Personally I think Britain might be the location base for said region, what with the constant wars through history with Kalos and all that (English vs French). But yeah, that's what will happen I think!

However, I don't just think that we will get the new region form Pokemon X. I also think we're getting Hoenn. I can't remember what evidence I have for this, but there was a little snippet of information that we received that seemed to indicate that we'd also be getting RS remakes. Can't remember it now and it's annoying me, but it was something we were given that didn't point towards a totally new region in Pokemon Z, but RS remakes... idk.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:14 pm

I think the new region will probably get its own paired versions. Game Freak's going to want to include version exclusives for the new region, especially if there are still at least 30 new Pokémon to be unveiled (going off of the numbers introduced by previous generations). Besides, Pokémon Z just feels like it would fit better as the third version of XY, still set in Kalos and featuring Zygarde and its relationship to Xerneas and Yveltal.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:21 pm

Well, there are a bunch of Hoenn NPCs, one who even talks about Ruby and Sapphire (wedding anniversaries but). And I THINK one of them says you should go and visit Hoenn sometime? Don't remember very well...

...I do agree that a new region could be pretty likely though. There is only oooone little thing that kinda makes me think otherwise....

story spoilers and stuff:

...so yeah... After B2W2, anything's possible for this third version. I honestly don't know what to expect anymore.

Also, that reminds me... If we do get a new region with new Pokémon still in this gen, doesn't that mean Volcanion, Diancie and Hoopa could be simply Pokémon of that region and not events, with the rest not having been discovered since they weren't leaked?
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:22 pm

Quick thing, someone pointed out that theoretically they could make an expansion to the games that you can download. After all, they did something similar in Black and White already and this time they could do it as an actual DLC.

Also, I kind of can't imagine how that thing with the bank will work. Think about it.

Once gen 7 adds new Pokemon, will you be able to get these to the bank and from there to your gen 6 game?
Or will gen 6 no longer be able to get pokemons from the bank?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:23 pm

Gen 6 will probably still be able to get Pokémon transferred form Gen 5, but not from Gen 7.

Just a quick update or something should solve it/make it easier, really.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Or they could basically split it up so that you have separate storage for Gen VI and Gen VII games. And I thought Game Freak had more or less dismissed the idea of having DLC for the Pokémon games? I doubt we'll see another pair of third versions like B2W2, simply because one of the major themes of Black and White was duality and opposites, and it would have been virtually impossible to reconcile their stories into a single coherent plot, since both main legendaries are accounted for in both versions in a way that can never treat the two equally. You'll also notice that Unova is the only region that has differed significantly between versions (ignoring the inevitable changes from remakes, third versions, and sequels). Theoretically, we could get some variation on X2 and Y2 rather than Z, but there's simply no need.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:44 pm

Nope, they dismissed the idea of DLC FOR BALANCING. As in, no DLC to change a Pokémon's stats, or to make a move more/less powerful, stuff like that. Still totally possible to get story/event DLCs.

And really, the way it would make the most sense for me would probably be XY, Z, [new region paired versions], [maaaaaybe new region third version?]. Sort of... Two gens in one.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next