Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

+17
tinning3
ilikeoctopus
Dregadude
Xaber
Druplesnubb
willPowered
muffinz
Spark Eletran
d_what
phantasmalDexterity
OverlordJ
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
variegatedDreamraptor
NinteNerd
cephalopodAscendant
Hanky Panky
21 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo - Page 35 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

Post by OverlordJ Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:49 am

Pikachu was the Pikachu of the first gen (Obviously)
Pichu was the Pikachu of the second gen, introducing us to breeding and baby Pokemons
Plusle and Minun were the Pikachu(s) of the third gen, introducing us to double battles
Paichirisu was the Pikachu of the fourth gen, doing jack shit.
Emolga was the Pikachu of the fifth gen, annoying us greatly (What muffinz said*)
Dedenne is the Pikachu of the sixth gen, introducing us to the new fairy type and also being actually kind of useful since it can have pickup.

*Addendum:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo - Page 35 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

Post by Hytheter Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:51 am

XetaJazz wrote:
Hytheter wrote:
And I think being related to Pikachu actually makes Pichu less purposeful. Pre-evos are inherently useless.
*Cough*VoltTackle*Cough*
Volt Tackle is an egg move which they could have given to Pikachu whether he had a prevo or not.
And they didn't until generation 3 anyway.
Also, Volt Tackle is a shit move anyway. Or at least, it is for the Pichu line AKA its only users.

muffinz wrote:~snip~
I think if you find that something both kills you AND is somehow bad at fighting then maybe you're the problem
Razz
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:06 am

No Hyther, it's the annoyance. Like Rattatta, no matter what's your level, those annoying little beast ALWAYS deal at least a little damage, because they get fucking Quick Attack.

Or everything with Sturdy, which is annoying as shit if you want to quickly sweep them, but since you don't have any multistrike moves you have to either run or take a hit, no matter if your Pokemon has three times the level of the wild one.

Both of these things are rather annoying (usually not enough to kill your mons but still) but not very useful for you.

And emolga is annoying when you're trying to train a weak mon via Audinos and suddenly Emolga happens. So you want to switch (since your Pokemon is weak, why else would you train it like that) and when you do, it hits you with Pursuit, killing your mon, which is ESPECIALLY annoying if you're doing a Nutzlocke run. And Pursuit is nigh useless in game because nearly no player actually switches their Pokemons (Unless they have an attack like Voltswitch) except for you.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:44 am

muffinz wrote:
phantasmalDexterity wrote:Also, this game is so freaking dark. Like seriously. I've been working in the Hotel and all the guests are like "This is the final meal before I go." And I'm like what the hell GF???????
You can't just put something like that in a children's game!!
...Couldn't he have just meant that it's just, you know, the last meal before he leaves the hotel?
That's one of the possible meanings yeah. The problem is that it's deliberately (I think) dubious. If you want to say I will leave the hotel, you don't say this in such a foreboding, double meaning way now, do you? Even if it's not about suicide, the dialog is written in such way that it implies that might be the case.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:57 am

Woah woah woah, why all the hate for the Pikaclones? The Pikaclones are brilliant! Like seriously, I don't think there's one I dislike. They're all really cool and cute, even if they aren't very powerful. IMO they all need evos (bar Marill/Pichu because they already have one and of course Pikachu himself). I mean, how cool would an Elecric/Dark squirrel be? My favourite idea for a Pachirisu evo is an Electric/Dark status dick who paralyzes things and lowers stats and is just generally really fucking annoying, but who can also use a few decent special moves as well. That would be so cool. And then there's my Plusle and Minun evo ideas. Yes, you best believe they're based off Multiplying and Dividing! Plusle's evo continues its trend further and becomes a lithe special sweeper. Minun on the other hand follows its own trend and becomes a bulky electric. I haven't actually though of good Emolga and Dedenne evos (my Emolga one is literally "bigger flying squirrel"), but even they would be awesome.

Just because something has little to no competitive use doesn't make it stupid or pointless. Pachirisu is comfortably my third/fourth favourite Pokemon ever. It's a really cute squirrel with a little malicious side that I just love. Not all Pokemon have to be useful. Beside,s have any of you actually used a Pikaclone ingame? My first Emerald playthrough was with a Minun and my current Platinum playthrough has a Pachirisu, and yeah, they were/are a little weak in comparison to the others, but they're still strong enough to do plenty of damage.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:23 am

Ha ha ha you're kidding yourself if any present or future pikaclones will ever gain an evolution. In Game Freak's eyes, evolving Pikachu was the greatest mistake they ever made.
You can thank the anime for that.

I don't hate the pikaclones because they're weak. I love plenty of weak Pokemon. I hate that they're lazy rehashes of an already over-represented Pokemon, a constant stream of unimaginative piss present in every single generation since the first. I hate on Vanilluxe, but at least we never had an ice-cream Pokemon before then. Meanwhile Dedenne is the 8th cutesified electric-type rodent with cheek pouches.
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:19 am

Yeah, I don't hate them for competitive reasons. It's all their design and concept. And Marill's not a Pika-clone, no matter how many people seem to think it is (no cheeks, not Electric). Pichu's the only one that gets a flat-out pass, since it's actually related to Pikachu, and Plusle and Minun at least showcased some new gameplay mechanics in Gen III. For the most part, I don't really hate on Pokémons' designs too much because at least they're trying to come up with different ideas; with Pika-clones, they're blatantly trying to ride Pikachu's coattails, and it's a trend that should have ended with Pichu. And seriously, Dedenne is just hideous.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:34 pm

It's obvious I completely and utterly disagree with you here, so rather than letting myself get really angry and type something I'll regret, I'm going to suggest putting an end to this conversation.

Basically, I don;t think it's lazy, Dedenne is not hideous even in the slightest, and basically, please shut up.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:25 pm

Its at this point I'd normally butt in and defend both sides with reasonable and logical opinions derived from rational and unbiased observation of the evidence, backed by popular predicate logic stand-byes, but I can't because I'm still *ded*. And also apparently british. Or english. Whichever, they're basically the same thing.

D_what, everybody. Defusing arguments since 19- WHAT THE ROYAL FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY ABOUT MY MOTHER YOU SLI -97.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:27 pm

Just sayin', Capcom, I don't actually dislike any of them either from a design standpoint, although my hatred of fighting Emolga mayyyy have tainted my opinion of it slightly. They're obvious rehashes and I recognize that, but I still think they're at least cute and not dumb-looking.

But when we're talking about things other than their design and concept? That's when we get into the hatred. Emolga, I explained earlier. (Well, quoted another person who explained.) Pachirisu is probably my favorite design of the NotPikachus, but it is absolutely awful in battle, and I just can not find a use for it in any team, and this bothers me bacuse it should NOT suck so badly. Plusle and Minun are at least decent in-game, but fighting against them... they're like freakin' mini-Emolgas, except you fight them in double battles. Ugh. Dededede's design I am kinda average to, and it's actually useful in-game with better stats than any other NotPikachu except Raichu who doesn't count, so I'm pretty okay with it all in all, although why exactly it is fairy-type baffles me, and also it's like a 1% encounter on one route and that is terrible.

SO ANYWAYYYSSSS did you know that Bergmite is three feet tall? Yeah, really! Crazy, isn't it? It looks more like just a foot tall, if anything. Jeez, each of its eyes has got to be eight inches tall at least!
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:51 pm

Hang on guys, we may have actual news to discuss again! There are rumors going around that the names of three event legendaries have surfaced. I haven't looked that deeply into it, but I suppose it makes sense that they would have taken longer to be discovered (since it appears nobody's cracked open the games and examined their source code yet). With that in mind, it's also possible there are a few event Mega Evolutions we don't know about, although the method apparently used to discover the legendaries wouldn't work to discover them.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:10 pm

Yup. Volcanion (Fire/Water), Diancie (Rock/Fairy) and Hoopa (Ghost/Psychic) are the ones. The types are theorised, but the names themselves are 100% definite. It's possible to ask for them on the GTS.

Hang on.... Diancie is Rock/Fairy. That's the same as Carbink. Plus Diamond + Fancy. Possible undiscovered evolution method?
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:12 pm

I don't think so. If Diancie were Carbink's evolution, it would come right after Carbink in the Pokédex. Nobody's noticed a gap like that, or else we'd have been seeing rumors about a missing Pokémon for a while now.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Actually, in case it wasn't clear, I kind of like Dedenne, it's both sort of useful in game (Pickup, I mean, seriously) and, unlike the Pikaclones from the fourth and fifth gen, Dedenne actually sort of shows a new feature again, in this case the new Pokemon type.

And Captain, I don't have a link but someone has proven that ANY pokemon can defeat everything in gam by doing a solorun with a Sunkern. If you can beat the game with a single sunkern, yes, no matter how bad the stats are, any Pokemon can be used in the game.

But about the news, I fully expect that there'll be at least more Mega evolution. Perhaps not discovered yet but definitely via events Like MegaBlaziken.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:53 pm

i wouldnt doubt more event megastarters

or maybe megalegendaries that you have to transfer from past games before an event can activate in-game that gives you their megastone? like you can only get arceusnite or something after you got arceus from gen 5 transferred

also there might even be more event legendaries, the only reason we guessed those names is cause before the games came out a list leaked with various pokémon including the evos of the starters and dedenne, but even after the release three pokémon (burucanion, diancie and fuupa, i think) didnt match any of the known ones yet, so after some guessing and translating and stuff those were found

ALSO: through the hotel in lumiose (where sometimes clients ask for food in [move name] style), a new move "light of ruin" was discovered. no idea who knows it, however...

for a short time serebii had pages on the three event legendaries (and their typing, this was actually one of the first places people got the three legends and types from), as well as this mysterious move: classifying it as fairy and giving this description:

"Drawing power from the Eternal Flower, the user fires a powerful beam of light. This also damages the user quite a lot."

how did serebii get that? nobody knows, but it ended up being deleted shortly, and now he denies the existence of any such page.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:33 pm

Haha, it's funny how we're all trying to get as many informations as we can. I bet by the time where I get the game (if I ever get it at all) those will all have been resolved.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:41 pm

Well we're not used to being part of the discovery process. Normally the Japanese get it for a couple months and then we get it after they've had a chance to uncover every secret.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:55 pm

you know
i just can't get over how terrifying and unfitting diggersby's cry is
it's like
imagine some kinda frightening beast making gutteral growly snoring noises
it sounds really weird and really creepy and it doesn't fit at all
i just don't like it
with huge power and 85/56/77/50/77/78 stats and a neat type combo and a design that i find fairly tolerable, i kinda liked diggersby and thought i might use one one day
but i think that cry alone might just turn me away from using it
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:52 pm

Diggersby looks like Lopunny's pedophilic uncle, and that is why he is fucking amazing.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:09 pm

invisibleTerrarium wrote:Diggersby looks like Lopunny's pedophilic uncle, and that is why he is fucking amazing.
I am so sad that the signatures on this forum are so short

EDIT: Oh hey, there was enough place left in my signature for this~
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:26 am

Btw, guys, does anyone know how to reach the Sky Trainers on Muraille Coast. There's like two and I can't seem to be able to face them from anywhere.
Is there something I'm missing?
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:58 am

Have you tried walking right up to the ledges they're on? I didn't expect it to work either but apparently it does.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:15 pm

Well, one of them is in the middle of the ocean and the other is half way up the cliff, so I can't really walk up to them. As far as I can see, there's no way to face them so they notice you.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:09 pm

I don't know then. I'm not that familiar with Muraille Coast (or most routes, for that matter), so I don't remember what those areas look like.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:12 pm

cephalopodAscendant wrote:Well we're not used to being part of the discovery process. Normally the Japanese get it for a couple months and then we get it after they've had a chance to uncover every secret.
That's true, but there's another important factor: the 3DS has not yet been hacked. We knew everything about the last 2 generations from people hacking the ROM and finding everything. We had basically all the data within hours of release.
But this time everything has to be discovered manually through trial and error.
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next