Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

+17
tinning3
ilikeoctopus
Dregadude
Xaber
Druplesnubb
willPowered
muffinz
Spark Eletran
d_what
phantasmalDexterity
OverlordJ
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
variegatedDreamraptor
NinteNerd
cephalopodAscendant
Hanky Panky
21 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo - Page 34 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

Post by phantasmalDexterity Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Brun way has like the coolest music so far. <3<3<3
Anyway, just solved the Factory's infestation problem. And all I can say: frick you, Game Freak. Don't give me meaningless choices. I was so relieved that I don't have to clutter my bag with some kind of silly macguffin ball, but noooooo. It's an extra.

Also, this game is so freaking dark. Like seriously. I've been working in the Hotel and all the guests are like "This is the final meal before I go." And I'm like what the hell GF???????
You can't just put something like that in a children's game!!
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo - Page 34 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

Post by Spark Eletran Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:11 pm

phantasmalDexterity wrote:Brun way has like the coolest music so far. <3<3<3
Anyway, just solved the Factory's infestation problem. And all I can say: frick you, Game Freak. Don't give me meaningless choices. I was so relieved that I don't have to clutter my bag with some kind of silly macguffin ball, but noooooo. It's an extra.

Also, this game is so freaking dark. Like seriously. I've been working in the Hotel and all the guests are like "This is the final meal before I go." And I'm like what the hell GF???????
just wait till
random npc from anistar city spoilers:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:12 pm

There's a dude who dies in one of the cities.

EDIT: FUCKIN SPARK
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:56 pm

Ahahaha, now I'm a little excited for the sixth gen~ Twisted Evil
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:28 pm

That's so fucked up

Poor Scatterbug gonna be scarred for life
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:35 pm

Now I need to catch a Dedenne for this express purpose. Also Pokédex completion, I suppose. And then the thing's becoming Wonder Trade fodder.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:39 pm

I need to catch one too.

I've been so sloppy about completing the pokedex this gen.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:44 pm

I started out really good about catching everything, but then after the first couple routes I decided it was going to take way too long and continued with the story instead. Now that I have access to everything and no official goal to work towards, I can tackle the Pokédex at my own pace.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:50 pm

I only caught a Dedenne in the Friend Safari. I've always been awful at dex completion though, it's just not my favourite activity. I like training things, and revelling in using the totally OP 'mons in battles.

Speaking of which, something is DEFINITELY up with Egg moves this gen. Apparently, TM moves can no longer be bred, Females can now breed egg moves, and Chespin doesn't learn Leaf Blade, Revenge, Close Combat, Superpower or Mach Punch, which I find really fishy.

All I want is a competitively viable shiny chespin. So basically I have the nigh on impossible task of breeding the egg moves I want onto a foreign father so that I can then Masuda method. My Quilladin is female and has Bulletproof, which is good (Finally got a Trace Ralts which makes things so much easier!) but it's going to be a long process. Work out what moves I want, get the appropriate egg moves on a foreign Pokemon somehow, then transfer said Pokemon back to my game where I can then breed it with my Bulletproof Quilladin to get a Shiny Bulletproof Chesnaught with the right moves.
Wish me luck.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:05 pm

We knew that Pokémon can now inherit Egg Moves from their mother, but I haven't heard anything about TM's no longer being passed down. I guess it would be because TM's are infinitely reusable, so there's not as much of a point to passing them down through breeding anymore. All I can say about Chespin's moveset is that Game Freak has been known to make strange choices in this area before (see Drowzee and Dream Eater). In any case, I think a competitively-viable shiny anything is going to be exceptionally hard to achieve. At least once December comes, we'll be able to transfer up our old Pokémon, which should give us more options.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:06 pm

I really love how you can pet your pokemon after battle.
It's awesome.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:31 pm

edit: spoilers regarding the apparent "darkness" in XY (also sorry muffinz
Spoiler:

Last edited by Hytheter on Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:49 pm

^that was a pretty fun plot spoiler there, thanks

phantasmalDexterity wrote:Also, this game is so freaking dark. Like seriously. I've been working in the Hotel and all the guests are like "This is the final meal before I go." And I'm like what the hell GF???????
...Couldn't he have just meant that it's just, you know, the last meal before he leaves the hotel?
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:53 pm

oshit i was meant to spoiler tag that

and yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking (re: hotel)
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:55 pm

Doesn't Dedenne sometimes have Pickup or something?

As much as I dislike it, I just can't hate a Pokemon that gives me free items...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:56 pm

I can.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:59 pm

Yeah, I'm a bit sick of Pika clones.
At least Emolga was mildly interesting in that it could fly.
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:06 pm

Emolga was the second worst of them all. Neither it nor Paichirisu served any purpose, even Dedenne is doing a better job at that. And Emolga was fucking annoying. Heck, one reason I have Sleipnir (Zebstrika) on my team is to hardcounter anything annoying Emolga is (usually) able to do in the game (I am not sure which I hate more, Static or Emolgas hidden ability...)
The only reason why I hate Paichirisu more then Emolga is because, while Emolga is annoying, it's at least not useless.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:03 pm

I don't see how emolga is any less purposeful than the others
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:12 pm

Pichu: actually related to Pikachu
Marill: not actually a Pika-clone because it doesn't have the cheeks
Plusle and Minun: showcase Abilities and Double Battles
Pachirisu: pathetic bandwagon attempt
Emolga: pathetic bandwagon attempt that flies
Dedenne: pathetic bandwagon attempt with a horrible design that happens to have the new type
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:15 pm

I don't consider Marill a pokeclone.

And I think being related to Pikachu actually makes Pichu less purposeful. Pre-evos are inherently useless.
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:20 pm

Well, a lot of people do for some reason. And what were they going to do, not give the series mascot a baby form?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:26 am

I actually find Dededeen's design fairly tolerable, even though I have no idea why it's a fairy-type. Also, it's actually kinda useful in battle, and it's not unbelievably annoying to fight against, unlike Pachirisu and Emolga, respectively. No but seriously Emolga is the freakin' WORST to fight against. I could sit here all night typing about what I don't like about Emolga, but this person here from another forum sums it up better than I ever could:

Ok, now that that's over, let me talk about how much this thing sucks. It's an electric/flying pikaclone. Oh, electric/flying? That's so cool! But the thing is, you won't be using one in a nuzlocke because it's so uncommon. So after you find your first encounter, you try level grinding. It gets in the way of your Audinos. That's its only purpose. Then, when you try to run, it uses Pursuit and kills your pokemon. Oh, I'm not finished. Hate being paralyzed? Well, this thing has Static, so don't touch it. And if YOU try paralyzing it, it won't work, because Emolgas ALWAYS HOLD A CHERI BERRY. The game is mocking you at this point. Want to hit it? Well too bad, it's going to spam Double Team. I suggest running. But wait, it has 103 base speed! Good luck with that! It's only weak to rock and ice, so good luck with that, too. The only rock type I ever get is Roggenrola, and all the ice types in the region are pretty awful, so you're not usually going to be able to hit it SE.

Want to know the worst part? If you actually catch one of these...demons, you end up realizing something. IT SUCKS AT FIGHTING! Its only stat is its speed stat, at 103. Its second highest stats are its attack and special attack, at 75. When your second highest stat is 75, you know you're a derp. So yeah, Emolga kills your pokemon, blocks your exp, cripples everything in your team, dodges everything, and then you can't run. Hm. Makes for an annoying pokemon.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:29 am

You can guarantee that any emolga any trainers use will be running volt switch just to annoy the fuck out of you.

Emolga is actually useful in competitive for paralysis support.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by XetaJazz Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:40 am

Hytheter wrote:
And I think being related to Pikachu actually makes Pichu less purposeful. Pre-evos are inherently useless.
*Cough*VoltTackle*Cough*
XetaJazz
XetaJazz
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next