Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

+12
tinning3
d_what
Captain
Sandstriker
Spark Eletran
NinteNerd
muffinz
OverlordJ
Gelatino
cephalopodAscendant
invisibleTerrarium
Hanky Panky
16 posters

Page 8 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next

Go down

If both were guaranteed to happen in sequence, which would you rather have released next?

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 8 I_vote_lcap0%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 8 I_vote_lcap100%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 8 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by OverlordJ Mon May 23, 2016 10:54 pm

I read the manga and I enjoyed it greatly, so far
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 8 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by Sandstriker Sun May 29, 2016 11:02 pm

Speaking of Manga, pre-card game Yu-Gi-Oh is actually pretty fantastic. I honestly wish it didn't get turned into Card Game: The Anime and instead just stayed as Freaky Games: The Comic
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun May 29, 2016 11:40 pm

But then we never would have gotten Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon May 30, 2016 4:42 am

On one hand, Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged is clearly the best Yu-Gi-Oh!

On the other hand, a series about all kinds of freaky games would have been great...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Mon May 30, 2016 9:02 am

Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged is pretty great, but I enjoy their three Season 0 episodes more than the main series one.
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Mon May 30, 2016 1:42 pm

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 8 7VaA4Bh
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon May 30, 2016 6:55 pm

"good heavens" you guys pick the worst/best time to post about yugioh, I was just looking over a shipment of cards that arrived today. It is literally right beside my keyboard. I was probably gonna even post about them???

Sandstriker u r freeky phsychick

look, see, I wasn't kidding!!
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 8 Win_2010
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 8 Win_2011

Spoiler:
e: for better photo
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:30 am

Man, I haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh! since before Synchro monster were introduced.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:58 am

I think someone gave me three Yu-Gi-Oh! cards about 12 years ago and I 1) have no idea what they are, 2) have no idea where they are, and 3) know next to nothing about it.

...I was never very good with anything card-related.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:55 am

ilikeoctopus wrote:
...I was never very good with anything card-related.
*Gasp* blasphemy!
Spoiler:
Scratching. The. Surface

E: yay my 2 Bronzong arrived today. I was sure they'd got lost in the post. Now I've got 6.5 pokemon decks! Accelgor/Empoleon/Mew, DarkraiLasers, Fluffychomp, Wobbats, Vespiquen/Flareon/"Beevees", "Round.dek" starring Seismitoad, and Steel.dek! (6.5 because round and steel share 20 cards with each other.)
Spoiler:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:39 pm

I spy an azure eyes silver dragon :0

I summoned one on turn 2 via shenanigans when playing recently
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:55 pm

I was never really that into any TCGs. I should still have an Omanyte card floating around somewhere, though.

In other news, don't forget we've got an S&M announcement tomorrow!
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:26 pm

oj you and i need to sit down and have an mtg battle at some point because i really oughta dust off my old blueblack deck

i'm selling most of my yugioh cards to some nerd i fence with mspa

reminder that i love inflicting physical pain upon myself so please spoilertag discussion about the sun/moon news tomorrow!!
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:56 pm

I am down with playing MtG sometime, any idea how?

Also, I still have a bunch of old Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokemon cards, but most of them are from near the beggining of both of those games, so most of them suck
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:27 am

Sandstriker wrote:
I summoned one on turn 2 via shenanigans when playing recently

What u on man Azure can be gotten out turn one with pretty simple combos! Normal summon maiden, play forbidden [chalice/lance/dress], target maiden, chain Madden's effect, summon Blue Eyes from the deck, synchro into Azure. Or even into Spirit and then float into Azure whenever you want, setting up the grave with level 9s for later Cloudcastle plays. Although tbh that's rare enough in this deck since I didn't really include any of the blue eyes support, it's too expensive. It's really just a Hieratic deck with a teeny tiny BEWD engine, so first turn rank 6s are way more common. And I bought two Azure :V

OJ, several of the older spells (and a very small number of monsters and traps) are still useable. Might be worth checking out!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:34 am

I know some of them are still usable, but as I said, I stopped before Syncros became a thing, so my knowledge of the game and the meta are VERY out of date.

Plus, I was never a professional or anything, I was just a school kid having fun, so it's not like the cards were the best to beginn with.

EDIT: For example, I have no clue what cards you are talking about in your post, I think you meantioned the Blue Eyes White Dragon?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:21 am

Might as well get this discussion out of the way before SM news drowns everything (sans spoilers of course.)

Well, you're typically not gonna know a lot of cards if you only played on release. That's perfectly okay, I don't know most of the cards and I've played casually for a while. As for the game... You're not really out of date very much. The mechanics haven't changed much besides becoming a little bit clearer. Synchros are a new card type, which you already know about, and they're not very difficult to understand (tuner + non tuner = synchro, tuner level  + non tuner level = synchro level). Azure is short for "Azure Eyes Silver Dragon", which is a Blue Eyes White Dragon support/boss monster, and a Synchro. It's a level 9, so it's easily made by the original Blue Eyes and a level 1 tuner, i.e. the Maiden card I was talking about, which is a really cool card that summons a BEWD from anywhere if the opponent so much as looks at her. "Spirit" is short for Blue Eyes Spirit Dragon, another and much newer level 9 BEWD synchro, but it's expensive. It can destroy itself to summon Azure whenever you want.

After that there's XYZ (ik-seez), the black cards. They are kinda similar to Synchro, except they don't have levels, they have ranks. e.g., rank 4, or rank 6. You make them using two of the same level of monster, so level 6 + level 6 = rank 6. They use those monsters as ammo to fuel their effects so they're not as useful for as long as synchros, but they're easier to get out because you don't need tuners.

Then there's pendulum monsters which you can play like spell cards but they are more complicated due to ruling shenanigans so I won't mention them.

That's kind of it?

As for the meta... idk really I don't play meta. I play with exactly one friend :V And even if I did tell you the meta it wouldn't matter much. YGOPro is a lot of fun though. You could download it if your internet worked/you were using a laptop and try out decks! ((Gravekeepers might be your thing and they're a very very very old and famous archetype!))

Hieratic: An egyptian themed dragon archetype that are all about tributing. They like to summon Normal Dragons from the deck or graveyard, but they make their atk and def 0 if they do it. This is useful for quickly summoning a neutered Blue-Eyes that I can then use in Synchro plays.
Archetype: everything in Yugioh is basically part of an archetype, e.g. Lightsworns, or Blue-Eyes. I think Magic has similar things in "tribes", but less so. Archetypes help avoid the rampant power creep in yugioh caused by lack of rotation, since generic cards only get more and more powerful over time.
Rank 6: XYZ monsters with a rank 6. Hieratics pump out a lot of level 6s that can be used as fodder for these powerful monsters. They're kind of a toolbox, with a broad range of effects.
Cloudcastle: A generic level 9 synchro, with 0 atk and 3000 def. Locks down weaker monster attacks, and can revive Azure or Spirit from the graveyard. My friend found it on the floor in a cafeteria before he even had a deck, so I'm glad I'm able to find some use for the poor little guy.
Maiden with eyes of blue: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Maiden_with_Eyes_of_Blue
Azure: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Azure-Eyes_Silver_Dragon
Spirit: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Blue-Eyes_Spirit_Dragon

list of shown cards:
Spoiler:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:05 am

AAAAAAAH

I FUCKIN LOVE
Spoiler:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:38 am

I played Yu-Gi-Oh! from the very first booster type up untill pretty close to the first Synchros. I had heard of the YXZ cards (Which is a hella stupid name in my opinion but alright). Never heard of that Pendulum stuff.

Frankly, I dislike how much and easy special summoning is nowadays, back in my time tha was not something that happened this much. My internet does work, where can I download that thing and does it cost money? Cause I don't think I want to spend money on Yu-Gi-Oh! again.

Pokemon spoilers look neat
Spoilers:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:53 am

Spoiler:

Man, special summoning is the bomb. Otherwise the game turns into "normal summon, attack, set traps, pass." "normal summon, attack, set traps, pass." Special Summoning is what makes the game function. Besides, there should be room for Swarm decks in any tcg that allows it, and there should be "protect the boss" decks too. Beatdown also, but if every deck is beatdown then that's a boring and sacky game. I don't like how fast the game is though. Games shouldn't commonly end on turn 2/3. I also don't like how bloated Rank 4s are, they're like Dragons pre-fairy. There's too many good ones and too many reasons to use them.

YGOPro is completely and totally free. No ads, no adware. It's not official, so they can't take money for it. It's got a really great UI, customisable backgrounds and music (if you edit the file folders), and has access to all of the cards within days of their leaking. You can play against AI, or you can go online and play with strangers or friends. It's entirely automated so you don't have to worry so much about rulings. It's a seriously great program.
https://www.ygopro.co/Downloadmembers.aspx
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:05 am

Spoiler:

I agree, but the way it works right now isn't a solution. I like special summoning, but it has become TOO common and TOO easy. Plus, the five mons restriction is the real restriction for swarm. But yeah, there is a reason I prefer MtG, the way they handle creatures just feels MUCH nicer to me then Yu-Gi-Oh!

I'll check out the programm you linked
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:47 am

Spoiler:
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:25 pm

OverlordJ wrote:
I agree, but the way it works right now isn't a solution. I like special summoning, but it has become TOO common and TOO easy. Plus, the five mons restriction is the real restriction for swarm. But yeah, there is a reason I prefer MtG, the way they handle creatures just feels MUCH nicer to me then Yu-Gi-Oh!

Haven't played Magic outside of a tutorial CDrom years ago, but it's important to note that unlike Magic or Pokemon, Yugioh doesn't have any form of resources, besides the cards themselves. All you can do is "play cards", and Magic/Traps are often liabilties since they're far more easily negated and rarely permanent. So most of the heavy lifting is done by the monsters, who are basically effect cards that happen to be able to attack. Without access to multiple special summons, the game slows down drastically, leaving you with little to do turn by turn. Plus, especially in yugioh, swarm is barely even a concept, because it's not the act of summoning a lot of monsters that's scary, it's what the monsters are. (in fact, the only recent deck to fill a field with lots of smaller monsters as part of the archetype's theme was known for immediately sacrificing them all at once to summon a single XYZ monster.) Blackwings, an older and well known swarm deck, now pump out 2-4 big bodied synchro monsters per turn, with effects like
"can't be destroyed by battle and takes no damage by battle",
"if this card would be targeted by an effect or an attack, change that target to another of your cards"
"destroy cards on the field up to the number of other blackwings you control"
"this card gets +300atk for every blackwing in your graveyard and also if it's destroyed revive a blackwing synchro monster"
"do 800 damage to your opponent and lower one of their monsters atk by 800 when this monster is summoned, also you get an extra normal summon once per turn"

aaaand they're not even rogue status. Field full of boss monsters but they'll still lose on raw card advantage, or clever methods of clearing fields. Can and generally do! The number of times someone special summons is a really arbitrary measuring stick of nothing much. Counting card advantage (number of cards they had > number of cards they now have, compared to the same for the opponent) or how badly their cards lock down their opponents ("cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects, once per turn when an opponent activates a card or effect you can negate that effect and destroy that card") or even how much they float (how hard they are to keep down after destroying them the first time) are far better ways of judging how overly quick or powerful the state of the game is. It's not really how often you summon, it's what you do with those summons that count. There are an uncountable number of decks that special summon a lot and will never ever be good. You'll come across a lot of them playing against the AI in YGOPro!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:07 pm

Spoiler:

also. cards are for fuckin' nerds
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:16 pm

Spark is jelly because they don't sell cards to his sort where he lives :p

Also replace "cards" with "cards/pokemon/anime/videogames/webcomics/p. much everything we talk about ever"
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next