Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

+12
tinning3
d_what
Captain
Sandstriker
Spark Eletran
NinteNerd
muffinz
OverlordJ
Gelatino
cephalopodAscendant
invisibleTerrarium
Hanky Panky
16 posters

Page 22 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29 ... 37  Next

Go down

If both were guaranteed to happen in sequence, which would you rather have released next?

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 22 I_vote_lcap0%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 22 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 22 I_vote_lcap100%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 22 I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 22 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by d_what Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:56 am

1. TBH I had no idea what Voting theory was until I googled it 5 minutes ago. TIL. I find Game theory really interesting generally, but we never covered it in college.

2. You don't have to apologise for not posting silly! It's just unusual when you suddenly stop.

ilikeoctopus wrote: Super stressed out aaaaa

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 22 Tumblr_mdlhjf34kA1rztzyb

4. I'm glad you're enjoying the SM stuff Muffinz! It's nice to see someone so excited about it. I wish I was as enthusiastic about any of them as you were about [grass type]. Not that I'm complaining or anything. It's just that we're 7 gens in and I only have 5 favourite Pokemon (6 if you count Swampert and Mudkip separately, which I don't) so I'm on the lookout for a "new favourite". Dragalge and Reuniclus were both loves-at-first-sight, but I grew to love Scizor and Talonflame. The former hasn't happened yet so far, but I guess I don't really expect it to.

Stench.
Stench.
"Based on myself"
Jesus Christ OJ take a fuckin bath!!!!
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 22 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by OverlordJ Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:09 pm

Stench actually works on multiple level.

I do bath regularly, however, apparently I sweat easily and have very strong smelling sweat on top of that.

In game terms, Stench causes the opponent to flinch, but also, and in this case more importantly, reduces the chance for wild encounters. So it plays on the fact that I have trouble meeting new people.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:52 pm

I mean, I feel like the name "voting theory" is fairly self-explanatory. It's definitely interesting, though, especially given the train wreck of an election we're rapidly approaching.

Hey octi, what kinds of classes are you taking this semester?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:14 pm

Gotta admit I had to briefly google "voting theory" to actually figure out what exactly it would be, too Razz

I'm taking a higher-level algorithms required course, an artificial intelligence course, constructive logic (which, as my friend says, is "a very unstructured course for a very structured topic"), and Modern Regression.

Mainly I am stressed because it's apparently hackathon weekend (Hack MIT, Hack the North, Hack CMU, etc.) and a bunch of my partners/groupmates for these courses are out of commission and I'm running around trying to pick up the slack.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:06 pm

i joined skype hell and my life has never been kinkier
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:45 pm

invisibleTerrarium wrote: and my life has never been kinkier

As a mod, I'm not really sure what my official stance should be on this.

As a denizen of the internet, I've read too many (read: more than one) sordid RP logs between youths on deviantart to not be a little weirded out by the conjunction of the term "kinky" and the existence one of our younger members.

As a human male of the platonic "older brother" archetype; uhh, wrap it before you tap it, bruh?

E: oh yeah this reminds me of a story! My friend's younger sister (probably ~17-19 or thereabouts) recently got "knocked-up"; if that has any connotations that "became pregnant" doesn't, good, because those connotations are relevant here - the dude is in his early 30s, didn't finish school and has been unemployed for most of his adult life. But the fun doesn't stop there. My friend told me her mom's not talking to her sister anymore because they found out via a *local news site* that yer man has 72 CONVICTIONS. I mean, 2 would be an achievement. It's like a cartoon. On the flip side, the baby is healthy and has a family that cares for it so yeah :V
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:49 pm

Wow, that sounds like a train wreck. And Skype is always hell. Discord is way better.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:39 pm

Discord can choke on its own puss and bile in hell.

Skype sucks but it's FAR better then Discord for me.

Also, the "kinky" part is mostly us making memes out of fetishes.

As for the pregnancy thing, I hope that turns out alright.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:32 am

More pokemon news! I'm not cA (in that I'm currently feeling lazy) so imma just tell you

1) to google it
and
2) Pikachu is hella cute
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:25 pm

I didn't know it was my job to summarize the news, but I'll go ahead anyways.

Spoiler:

Next set of news is scheduled for October 4th. There's also a bit of info on Bank's compatibility with S&M and the Virtual Console RBY releases. You won't be able to return Pokémon to Gen VI games from S&M, and you'll need to use Poké-Transporter to bring stuff up from RBY.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:45 pm

Unrelated to all of the Pokemon stuff, which was definitely interesting (and full of .gif potential, though not so much as the pancake one...), I recently found out that the word "Drawer" was difficult to pronounce correctly.

On googling, it turns out that one of the quirks that happens in the US is "DR-" becomes "JR-". As in, Drawer, Dragon, Drapes, Drama becomes Jrawer, Jragon, Jrapes, Jrama. I'm a little shocked. Not because I haven't heard it pronounced that way, but just that I haven't noticed it already. I definitely use the hard D. I can feel the difference in my mouth. yes this is a thing i said

I also spent some of yesterday teaching a German exchange student how to play Pokemon cards, before I had to pick up my dad from a train station. I told her I was worried I'd mispronounce her name, and in the past I'd googled my German coworker's name (Helge) because I didn't want to make a bad first impression by mispronouncing her name even though it seemed straightforward.

And then the girl asked was I sure my coworker was a girl, because Helge is typically a male name. I had no idea, I'd only heard of Helga before, didn't think there was a difference.
And the weird thing is, it's a little bit of a question mark?? But that's not something I'm gonna ask about because there are things you don't do in the workplace and with either answer that particular question is definitely one of those things you don't do :V
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:08 pm

It's not exactly "jr-". It's kind of halfway between a "d" and a "j". And it definitely varies depending on where in the country you go.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:05 am

the pokemon stuff:

uhh let's see, what else has been going on in my life besides being hyped for pokemon? well, over the past few months i've been steadily producing a Metric Fuckton of drawings and sharing them in the skype chat :V it's been a Fun Experience. i mean, most of them are just quick messy unrefined sketches and such, but just being able to draw a lot and show it to people feels really great and i'm loving being able to do it... y'know, as opposed to before where i'd draw Just A Little and hide it away from the world :y

as i said it's an absolute fuckton so i'm certainly not gonna just DUMP everything on all your heads right here and now, especially since like 90% of it isn't even good. maybe from time to time i'll just drop a few of the most recent doodle pages :V
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:23 am

in which I discuss various SM rock types:
Spoiler:

keep up the drawing Muffinz! The road to progress is, uhh, the first half of a pithy aphorism, probably.

I'm mildly annoyed because I was expecting my Keldeo/Rayquaza decksto have shipped yesterday morning. But when I logged into the seller's site, they'd changed the official release date to the 5th of october; that's a full two weeks away! I got in contact with them and they apologised and said there was a manufacturer delay. So there isn't anything I can do about it... but it would have been nice to be told *before* I had to complain about it >:/
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:13 am

talkin' 'bout one rock in particular:

Last edited by muffinz on Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:18 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added a thing)
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:16 pm

Had busy days, sorry for the late reply

And then the girl asked was I sure my coworker was a girl, because Helge is typically a male name. I had no idea, I'd only heard of Helga before, didn't think there was a difference.
And the weird thing is, it's a little bit of a question mark?? But that's not something I'm gonna ask about because there are things you don't do in the workplace and with either answer that particular question is definitely one of those things you don't do :V

It's true, Helge is a mostly male name, as opposed to Helga. In german, there are lots of names like that, like Paul and Paula. German is a very gendered language, no idea why.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:31 pm

I mean, English has plenty of gender-specific names too. It's probably because they belong to people, rather than inanimate objects.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:27 am

I've always liked Bob for a girl. And the association is so strong now that whenever someone says "Bob" I immediately assume they're talking about a girl.

SM:
Spoiler:

Paul and Paula are possibly not the best example of German gendered names because they also exist in English :V There's a lot of gendered *variations*, though. Like Michelle, or Jane.

E: oh yeah. I worked it out and I'm 10k short of being able to comfortably purchase a house I want, or a house I'm okay with with a minimal mortgage. I'd need 16k to do both. It's really frustrating since by the time I have the money the house prices will likely rise Sad I'll set up a kickstarter :V
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:57 pm

You know what time it is! We've got a fresh new trailer, hot off the presses.

Spoiler:

In non-S&M news, apparently the arcade version of Pokkén Tournament is getting a new character. No word on what it is or if it'll be coming over to Wii U as well.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:30 pm

Spoiler:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:26 am

sm:
Spoiler:

In unrelated discussion, I passed my driving test Very Happy I was late doing it, given that my younger sister got it years before I did, but I've never really been into driving. In any case: Flying colours, yay.

Also there are no houses for sale anywhere. ;_; housing crisis!!

-------------------------------------

kinda tangental pokemon stuff; a couple of months ago I preordered 4 Keldeo/Blastoise battle arena decks (2 for me, 1 on behalf of friend, 1 for xmas present for other friend) with some other stuff. The release date was initially the 21st of september, and I've ordered with these guys before and they usually ship the day before to guarantee the customer gets the product on release. Anyway, day-of, I check my emails for shipping notifications and check the site for updates... they'd changed the date to October 5th without telling anybody. I complained on FB and they said there were production issues and they'd send out an apology email (they didn't). Anyway, for those with their eyes on a calendar, the 5th was yesterday. Checked the site... they'd changed it to the 14th!! And still no email! But apparently they'll *definitely* ship next week. Suuuuure.

*le sigh*
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:29 pm

Congrats on the driving test!

Spoiler:
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:01 pm

Congratulations on your driving test and good luck with your cards.

I, on the other hand, have a new laptop now.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:39 am

New laptops are also nice.

In other news, Coro Coro is starting to leak. We don't have much yet, so there'll probably be a more in-depth post later.

Spoiler:
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:40 pm

Well, Coro Coro delivered.

Spoiler:

And in non-S&M news, the arcade version of Pokkén Tournament gets Scizor as a new playable character in a week.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29 ... 37  Next