Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

+9
Xaber
muffinz
kotakun
ilikeoctopus
cephalopodAscendant
d_what
invisibleTerrarium
OverlordJ
Spark Eletran
13 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 28 Empty Re: General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:14 am

Yeah, the English trailer looked unfortunately Sticker Star-esque, but there wasn't any hint about the presence or absence of a leveling system, so it might still be redeemed in that aspect. Either that, or I wasn't paying close attention. There was one non-Toad NPC, though: a living paint bucket (although it'll probably end up being the game's Kersti); even so, I don't think that's enough to be a bad sign all by itself, since Toads are the majority species in the Mushroom Kingdom.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 28 Empty Re: General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:07 am

the japanese trailer shows mario beating a battle, and all he gains is coins

also toads being like the only npc is one of the bigger complaints lately, bc there's so much other creative stuff they could do (both with new made-up species like the first three games or even just with actual mario species)
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:25 am

The really sucky part is that Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam lifted pretty much all of its Paper Mario stuff out of Sticker Star. Basically, the Paper Mario franchise is not in a good state right now.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:30 am

thousand year door is my favorite game ever this pisses me off an unreasonable amount
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:58 am

So, I found some people who might be interessted in helping me play test in a play by post style and I figured I'd ask if anyone here would be interessted, too
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:12 pm

You know what really bothers me??? Supposedly one of the main reasons Sticker Star was so shitty was because the developers were heavily pressured to make sure the game wasn't "too similar" to TTYD, which led to the game's totally different battle system and total lack of characters or plot, yet now this new game comes along that looks like it's literally Sticker Star 2.

The new Kirby game looks really good, though! I can imagine some people might criticize it for looking too much like a rehash of Triple Deluxe, and that's a valid worry for people to have, but most main series Kirby games are pretty "safe" sequels anyways. They know what works and they tend to stick to it, but that's okay with me because they're always pretty consistently good-quality games with fun gameplay.

I know the direct was specifically said to be for games released "through summer 2016", but some part of me was still holding out hope that we'd get something or another for Sun/Moon. I'm just filled with so much anticipation for any news at all that this total lack of it is causing me a great deal of torturous despair and emotional turmoil. Basically what I'm saying is that X/Y's amazingly huge quantity of information dropped on us on day 1 seriously spoiled me, and I have become a self-entitled little child who wants immediate gratification. You know, just like everyone else who plays video games!
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:37 am

Does stuff like epic yarn count as main series Kirby games?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:40 am

Epic Yarn's probably different enough to count as a spinoff, especially since it wasn't even planned to be a Kirby game originally. And given how little the Kirby games tend to deviate from each other mechanically, I think the mecha is going to be enough to differentiate the new one from Triple Deluxe.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:37 am

can we talk about how it's called robobot because all i can think of is bobobo bobobobo

kirby: planet robobobo bobobobobot
someone photoshop this
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:03 am

the worst part is that name keeps fucking up google searches

NO google i don't mean robot it's fucking robobot get wiTH THE TIMES

also i'm p sure the reason sticker star was. sticker star, plot wise anyways, was miyamoto's "mario doesn't need plot" thing just like with mario galaxy 2

i mean when some of the most well-liked mario games happen to be mario galaxy, ttyd and bowser's inside story, which all have more plot than your usual mario... think that might be a hint people don't mind it much
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:40 am

While there are plenty of games that are fun without a plot, I've never seen a good game made worse by a good plot.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:01 pm

ye, that's the thing
mario games don't NEED plot, sure
but plot doesn't make them any worse, either, and the overall writing is very much one of the things that made paper mario and mario and luigi so well-liked in the first place
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:40 pm

At least Nintendo seems to realize what works with the Mario & Luigi games, because Dream Team and Paper Jam both had heavy influences from Bowser's Inside Story. The rest of the franchise, apparently not.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:47 pm

I haven't played any of those to be honest, so I can't really say anything about them...

They are for the DS, right? Maybe I should give them a try.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:49 pm

Dream Team and Paper Jam are both for the 3DS. Bowser's Inside Story was for the original DS, as was Partners in Time before it. Superstar Saga (the original) was originally for GBA, but it got a Virtual Console release for Wii U.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:26 pm

paper jam was a lil weird because it did do the only-actual-mario-stuff and the plot's kinda simple? but the writing's still gr8

it's like. the best possible result because it's actually still creative and gets obscure mario enemies
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:08 am

I actually have a GBA, maybe I should check if I can get that GBA game second hand somewhere Very Happy

By the way, I have found two people who are playtesting my game idea via play by post. I asked them to do a blind run, that is, without knowing what all the possible future options are and stuff, and it's interessting to see what they do. Obviously I couldn't have tested it myself that way, so it's helping me understand some issues I didn't previously realize.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:39 pm

OverlordJ wrote:I actually have a GBA, maybe I should check if I can get that GBA game second hand somewhere Very Happy
Psssst you. Yeah you.

I've heard of this rly cool thing right. It's called Emulation and it allows you to have games NOW. For FREE!
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:51 pm

You know sometimes when I'm laying in bed bored while waiting to fall asleep I imagine telling my past self Spoilers from the present that are too over-specific and narrow to Spoil anything (just to imagine how I'd react)

and i'd really love it if my future self came back from the future to tell me those kinda Spoilers about SM now. you know, not like major details but random semi-irrelevant stuff like
"your favorite new gen 7 pokèmon's highest stat is HP"
"gen 7 introduces another pokèmon capable of learning spore"
"a new gen 7 pokèmon is something OJ's gonna hate with a frightening passion until he sees its evolution and suddenly likes it"
"the record for fastest non-legendary non-mega pokèmon is broken again in gen 7"
"two of the pokèmon you're using as team members in your X replay right now are gonna get buffed a lot in gen 7"
"your opinion on the water-type starter in SM is gonna change significantly once you see its full evo. line"

i make bad posts when i'm tired and sick
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:55 pm

oh yeah btw uh
forgot to mention but. who here's heard of that whole homestuck 2.0 thing

basically dante basco gave an interview and mentioned working with what pumpkin on some sort of "homestuck 2.0"
and then said he was "bringing homestuck to hollywood"
and i'm????? everybody's just????? yeah
i don't know anymore

also psa fuck school aaaaAAA
aa
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:01 am

For a very long time, the only internet I had at home was via my shitty phone. This SHOULD change on the 18th of this month, but even once I have internet, I'm not a huge fan of emulators. Tryed it for some old gen 2 games, because the internal battery of mine has run out, and it just wasn't the same, plus the internal clock was messed up, so time only progressed while playing, so the day and night cycle was fucked. Also, there is no greater joy then holding the actual game in your hands. So yeah, I don't like emulators.

Muffinz, I am flattered that you think my passionate hate is frightening~

I had heard about the term, but didn't know the context, I only heard about people being excited and/or worried and/or confused. I now understand and share their worried, confused excitement.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:25 pm

,,,,wait

are kotakun and kieros the same person

is this something incredibly obvious that i've been missing
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:51 pm

What? What gives you that idea?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:55 pm

Pros:

Kieros and Kotakun both start with K, both are people we know on the internet.

Cons:

Kieros uses punctuation.

I think this one could go to the judges, providing the judges are Kotakun and Kieros, who are almost certainly different people.
Actually, all of that makes me think of the impact I've had on the internet. Obviously an infinitely small one, but I take some solace from the fact that wherever I do frequent, my personality overflows the boundaries of my posts :V But seriously, I'd be hard to confuse with any other user on pretty much any forum. I have 300 posts but 500 likes on smogon and that's really really hard to do :V It's nice to know I've built myself a niche!
Spoiler:
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:26 pm

Cons: Kotakun is great, unlike Kieros. I'd do the special i but I'm on a phone
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next