Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+17
Dregadude
DicksMcgee
ilikeoctopus
Spark Eletran
Gelatino
d_what
Hytheter
OverlordJ
Xaber
cephalopodAscendant
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
muffinz
Hanky Panky
phantasmalDexterity
tinning3
NinteNerd
21 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 7 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by d_what Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:32 pm

Meant to post this a few days ago but forgot. Have at thee: 
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/official-smogon-university-simulator-statistics-%E2%80%94-november-2013.3494159/
Check out the Pokebank OU related stuff. Or Ubers maybe.

And you know, except for maybe the first three guys there, it's a very balanced meta. Aegislash up there because it's reliable in every situation. Fair enough. Talonflame can counter Aegislash as well as most of the other high-meta stuff. And in turn, Rotom-W counters Aegislash (often) and Talonflame! Between the three of them they keep themselves and everybody else in check. It is a shame how often they're used, but it's not THAT bad. A lot of the typical OU guys are at 1, 2 or decimal percentages. That's a lot of variety. Plus legends are generally average too - although there's rumours Tornadus got Aeroblast - we won't know for sure yet but if it does it'll rocket up a bit. Plus any new Bank abilities/egg moves etc.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 7 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:16 pm

breeding is the single most addictive thing in this game

#send help
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:25 pm

*sends hatching O-power* 

God I am such an enabler.

You know, you could argue that XY has the best and longest lasting post-game of any game in the series. The difference being, they targeted only competitive players and those interested making the jump. I also cannot stop! It's like my default state of being - not busy and no internet? Hatch hatch hatch!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:47 pm

You mean they targeted people with friends.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:47 pm

Should I be aiming for a 5 IV spread across every pokemon I plan to use, or are IVs in the stats I plan to EV train all that matter? It's taken 2 days to try to breed suitable parents to get one 5 IV pokemon, and some already have about 4.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:55 pm

Generally 5 yes, because it's doable. Even if it's a really frail 'Mon, like Ninjask, a tough one is still superior to one that isn't. But if you have multiple fours of different genders and also non-identical IVs, then you're mostly there! If one of them has the right nature, remove the everstone, give it a power item that corresponds to the stat its partner doesn't have, then breed - your chance of getting a 5'er is much increased. When you have one with the right gender, give the first parent back the everstone. Sub in the 5er baby for the other parent, and now you can farm for perfect babies with the right nature, 1 in 12 I think! If you can breed a 5 with an identical 5 it's 1 in 6.

Note: if going for a mixed bulky sweeper, e.g Dragonite, you're gonna want to aim for 6. Fortunately, you don't HAVE to actually get 6; just take out the 5s that look nearly correct and check the value of the remaining stat. It could be 29 or something. You want perfect speed and HP though.

Iirc anyway. It's been a while since I've done the math.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:03 pm

ilikeoctopus wrote:You mean they targeted people with friends.
not really?  seeing  as there are literally thousands of people you can choose to battle at any given time you're online. if anything, it targets people without many registered FC's because is lets you do that directly from the game.

but yeah, i can see myself spending farrrrrrr more time with this game simply because of the nigh-unlimited battle and trade options.

anyways, been doing the Looker missions. they are fun! i wish the whole game could be written like this.
also i got my butt kicked by the mysterious veteran's Volcarona.
and apparently whimsicott is not grass/fairy. that's not surprising in the least, really.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:05 pm

I was thinking more about the Friend Safaris, though I guess the random battles/trades are nice too?

I kind of depend heavily on the Friend Safaris for my breeding.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:23 pm

ilikeoctopus wrote:I was thinking more about the Friend Safaris, though I guess the random battles/trades are nice too?
I kind of depend heavily on the Friend Safaris for my breeding.
ah, but random battles and trades can lead to more friends for your safari! and then more friend safaris lead to more random battling and trading!

this game is officially infinite mspa
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:59 pm

i rarely used the online features on that game except for battle spot and gts

i find it weird to pick a passerby on your list and challenge that specific person to a battle. like, what if they're in the middle of something or they think you're weird or something
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:05 pm

Thing I've just read:
Apparently if you bring a Rotom on Tuesday to the Lumiose Ghost Girl you get a Rare Candy.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:12 pm

Gelatino wrote:
i find it weird to pick a passerby on your list and challenge that specific person to a battle.  like, what if they're in the middle of something or they think you're weird or something
chances are that they will indeed be in the middle of something. chances also are that they'll want to battle regardless. if a request is turned down, there's a 50-50 shot they'll challenge you back as soon as they can run to a pokecenter and grab a team, or otherwise finish what they were doing.
also, "what if they think you're weird or something". seriously? what are you, 13? it's pokemon. battling is most of the game. if they don't want to, they'll turn down your request and that's that.

there are usually plenty people that have a message like "BATTLE ME" to denote who's a good target.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:56 pm

phantasmalDexterity wrote:Thing I've just read:
Apparently if you bring a Rotom on Tuesday to the Lumiose Ghost Girl you get a Rare Candy.
Because that completely makes sense.

So wow, my Turing completely pays for himself now. What with that and being the top of the OU ladder and everything. Good for you, T.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:04 pm

i asked dan yknow my friend of mine who has a rotom to go check it and
nope
nothing
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:05 pm

...spark I don't know how to break this to you, but...
It's not Tuesday mspa
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:07 pm

spark is obviously a time traveler
thunderknight, tell my future self when you see him that go for it dude
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:15 pm

he changed the 3ds clock to be tuesday guys

I MEAN sure phandex ill do that TIMETRAVELER AWAAAAY
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:18 pm

im pretty sure that if it actually works then its like every time based event (like the ID lottery) and wont work if you meddle with the time settings
i will check tomorrow just to be sure
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:19 am

phantasmalDexterity wrote:im pretty sure that if it actually works then its like every time based event (like the ID lottery) and wont work if you meddle with the time settings
i will check tomorrow just to be sure
I meddle with the time settings all the damn time. That's how I got the time based TMs.
Some daily events are a little trickier, but I learnt from HGSS you can trick it by setting the time to 11:59pm and letting it tick over naturally.
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:24 am

I'd try it anyways, what do you have to lose? And if it's true, free rare candy~
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:50 pm

thank you for things, D_what :3
the aromatisse fetched me a lovely Noivern off GTS.
it's modest and perfect IV'd in speed and sp. atk, why was the person willing to let it go for so little?? i'm giving them an imposter ditto later if i catch them online.

i wonder if your secret santa thing is in the purple dex color??? :b
and hopy shit hatching power is amazing. i still don't know where to get it though D:
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:56 pm

Nah purple was Dittos. I saw the same thing in yours until it clicked. And you're welcome! You get Hatching power in Lumiose (introversion cafe) after maxing your style stat.
It is not fun.

Edit: ohohoh what was in the egg what was in the egg!!! And what nature and stats and moves and abilities!! Might be good, my reject eggs are usually from at least halfway into a breeding project.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:21 pm

that's too many dittoes. Razz 
actually my boxes were pink :U

adamant Swarm venipede
prefect IV's in HP, ATK, DEF, SPDEF
defense curl, rollout, toxic spikes, spikes.
hm HMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!

the nice thing about GTS is your deals get settled pretty quickly, or at least, feasible ones get snapped up pretty quickly....
since everyone else demands such BS trades.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:33 pm

Okay, so you miss out on Speed Boost and perfect speed there, but you can at least use it for brewing bugs later. Or your own Scolipede if you can nab a speedybug. Pretty decent though! Male or female? Also are you sure they looked pretty purple. Violet, maybe. 

GTS is so fast nowadays. It is great. And the fact you can screen out (some) legends and special Pokemon negates the existence of those bad trades.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:39 pm

female. i'll probably use it, at the very least until pokebank starts and i can transfer ol' Catrkillr from white.

do you like multi battles? i have two other friends who are always in cahoots and dragging passerbys into their shenanigans, perhaps you would like to join us sometime?
dude packs a mean audino >:U
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next