Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The TCG Corner

+2
Gelatino
Hanky Panky
6 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The TCG Corner Empty The TCG Corner

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:32 pm

Let's stop gunking up the friend codes thread with our off-topic discussion about card games.

This here corner's for talk about all kinds of trading card games (but really everyone knows MTG is the one thing to rule them all)

Also OJ i feel compelled to tell you, since you're a fellow black player, that I am the proud owner of a Necropotence. I feel so... happy... deep down. It wasn't very expensive, since they're not being used in really anything other than EDH.

Some background information on my personal TCG history: I played (Not just collected) pokemon cards when I was a kid, then graduated to MTG when I was 11. I then played Yugioh for about 6 months in 8th grade until all 57 of my cards were stolen. which was no big deal because I never invested more than about $20 into yugioh. it was more profitable, fun, and reasonable to invest in MTG.

Then when I got my driver's license, I quit MTG for about 10 years, and now I just started back again right after M14 came out.

So yeah. I'm going to tell you that MTG is the best and all the reasons that you should play. Blah blah blah. Just know that I play MTG because I like solving puzzles. And I see each game as a puzzle to solve. You just gotta pack the right tools in your toolbox.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The TCG Corner Empty Re: The TCG Corner

Post by Gelatino Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:40 pm

did you guys know that i made the art for an official mtg card
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:48 pm

Gelatino, nothing against you but I seriously doubt that unless you got some prove.

Hanky, Necropotence is cool, even if it doesn't get used much.

Also, what are your thoughts on Theros?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:49 pm

Gelatino wrote:did you guys know that i made the art for an official mtg card

Dude. Gela's got CONNECTIONS.

...Aaand now we're off-topic aren't we?
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:56 pm

The TCG Corner Createcard.php?name=Mtg+nerd&color=Gold&mana_r=2&mana_u=2&mana_g=2&mana_b=2&mana_w=2&mana_colorless=0&picture=tempimages%2F750288001.png&supertype=Legendary&cardtype=Sorcery&subtype=nerdular+nerdence&expansion=Unlimited&rarity=Mythic&cardtext=%22I+have+every+expansion+pack+and+my+decks+are+virtually+unbeatable.++I+suggest+you+don%27t+even+try

told you
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:09 pm

that's a terrible card

it doesn't even do anything
and it's far too expensive to be just a vanilla 10/10
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:30 pm

I made some Pokémon cards years ago and made them holographic with glittery gel pens. Art wasn't bad considering I was 12 or whatever.

Okay frankly I will bow to MtG's supreme lead, especially since Wizards defined the Pokemon TCG, so there are SOME (read: few!) similarities (mana costs/energy costs) but seeing as this is a (Sharpedo) Pokemon forum I am aghast at how few of you play. I'd set you up with the online client only a) it's permanently in beta b) I don't have time c) I don't have the card codes and d) its a bit slow for me. Shame there's not anogher way to play online, or even semi-online: I'd give someone my Hammertime deck to play with against me. It's a very popular deck and you'd be lucky to have it for use.

I hate Yugioh BUT the card game itself has something to it. It's all kinds of strategic and personal, but way too expensive to actually play. I only played on a DS game. It was shitty, but the actual duels were fun.

I do not know how to play Poker. My mom is afraid I'll build up a debt (likely) and end up with a gambling problem (genetically ambiguous, overall unlikely.)
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:25 pm

Dude, if that counts I made like, two or three sets at least.

Search for Overlord-J on DeviantArt.

That said, I played a lot of different TCGs, Pokemon being one of them. Though I stopped playing, I still have my cards. My first Pokemon deck was made with cards from the first set of Pokemon cards. My Machomei (Machamp) kicked ass back in the days. I think I still have two or three (sort of) working Pokemon decks. Other TCGs I play/played are: Yu-Gi-Oh!, Magic THE GATHERING, Duel Masters (though I never found anyone to play with), One Piece (I still have my decks and my Arlong deck was not only my first but also continues to be my favourite, even though it isn't as strong as the current cards) and Munchkin, though I suppose that doesn't exactly count as a TCG, even though it's a cardgame and you can collect them. I hope I didn't forget anything.

I think Yu-Gi-Oh! or One Piece were my first game but I don't really remember anymore...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:46 pm

I have a really outdated yugioh deck
It's gimmicky as fuck and really fun
Aliens, you see
A-counters
Drain their stats and stop them from attacking with paralyzing potions
Then kill them with alien hunter when they get low enough
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:27 am

the most outdated MTG deck I have is Onslaught block tribal Zombies. And it kicked ass.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:34 am

Well, you know, since it's Yugioh it's probably not THAT outdated. Just really weak or something. Do you have any of those neat http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Cosmic_Fortress_Gol%27gar? Those are kinda new I think. Maybe. How about http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_Overlord? OJ, pay attention. If I had cards I'd use three of those. Or Alien Dog, it has a REALLY cool effect, and it's also a dog. And some of the ones you mentioned. Did you know, with that synchro dude you can use one Swords of Revealing Light card infinitely?? How cool is that!

I just spent an interesting 10 minutes wiki bingeing. Useful cards and how they work in the deck are at the bottom. I'd play if you if I had any cards and if there was a way to do so. It looks fun! http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Alien
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:56 am

I don't have either of those. The physically strongest thing I've got is Cosmic Horror Gangi'el.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:47 pm

I don't dislike that Overlord...

Though my Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! card will continue to be the End of Anubis. I bought three boosters and drew TWO of them once. I managed to trade a third one at some point. My Fiend deck has way to many monsters that need tribute...

And it's old.

I don't even have anything to synchosummon (Watch the movie if you want to see it properly)
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:05 pm

*googles*
Oooohkay I've never heard of it but then I've heard of about 1% of cards, so that means little. Looking at it though, it's a definite ANTI-meta card, I mean, obviously shuts down any zombie thing (of which there are many) as well as by chance my Lightsworns, but... Unless it's in the side deck and you know which decks you're facing in advance, I can't see it being much more than a simple beastick? But that doesn't matter really. IMO the show kind of encouraged everyone to have a "signature" spirit card or some crap even if it's not particularly amazing. I only bought three boosters in my life but in the ones I did get I got very attached to http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Soul_of_Purity_and_Light. It was the coolest thing I owned with a decent effect and appealed to my sensibilities, and still does I guess. I think I gravitate towards lighter roles in fiction.

Incidentally my one ends up being nothing more than a beatstick too and I THINK your one blocks it from being summoned (not sure if tributing monsters counts as a "target"). TMYK.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:11 pm

Double post: OH HEY THAT EXACT SCENARIO I mentioned is listed in the rulings. What are the chances??

"
The End of Anubis: "The End of Anubis" WILL NOT negate the Special Summon of..."Soul of Purity and Light"... (because these involve costs, not effects, and "The End of Anubis" cannot negate paying costs).
"

God bless the internet. Y'know, I think I'll buy one of those sometime, for old times sake. I have fond memories of it.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:58 am

Had to do a formatted decklist with printing and set numbers for today. Took the opportunity to take a photo.

My deck be cray cray
Spoiler:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:03 pm

I'd like to point out that The End of Anubis is a rather old card and back in the day, simply being a good beatstick was already great. Though I'll admit that nowadays Anubis probably isn't as strong as he used to be.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:03 pm

so.... the point of that deck is to basically fill your field with pokemon then dig for empoleon and go for broke.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:33 pm

Nope! That's an iffy backup plan. Guess again y/n?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:40 pm

Must be the accelgor, because you don't have the mana to do anything else with your other creatures.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:18 pm

Mana?
Anyway, Close. Accelgor's attack, for two of any energy, (conveniently supplied by Double Colourless Energy) does a measly 50 damage and annoyingly returns itself and all of its attached cards to the deck, typically Shelmet and the DCE. Crappy move. Fortunately, it also poisons, doing an extra 10 between turns, or 30 with Virbank, making it a decent 80 power move by the end of my turn or 110 by the end of theirs. Silver Bangle can supplement this briefly against certain cards before also being returned to the deck. Still, that's a huge downside for a pretty meh attack. Fortunately, it also auto-inflicts the most dangerous condition in the game; Paralysis. Paralysis stops the opponent from attacking for one turn, and also stops switching to any of their non-paralysed pokemon. So the aim is to stream them. That's quite difficult, seeing as Shelmet has to be played a turn in advance to evolve into Shelmet, and also that I need a new one of those DCEs every time I attack. This is where the buddies come in. Mew Ex is a liability, having a poor 120 HP and losing two prize cards on being KO'd, fortunately that never becomes a problem since Mew's ability lets it copy an attack on the field, namely Deck and Cover. This means that I can leave Accelgor sitting pretty on the bench as a back up and In only have to stream two cards, Mew and DCE. Most of my trainers are either Search cards or Draw cards for this reason. Empoleon provides invaluable draw power, discard 1 card, draw 2. And it stacks, meaning I can thing out my deck very quickly with two empoleons and access to a lot of trainers. It's also a useful beatstick, maxing out at 120 damage for just 1 energy and having a very respectable 140 HP. It helps to have a full bench though for a full-powered Attack Command, should it become necessary to forgo Deck and Cover, but the deck likes full benches anyway, having a large draw engine and a lot of streaming shelmets and accelgors. Emolga is a 4-of and is invaluable. It can't do damage, since I don't use electric energy, but it can pack my bench with 2 more pokemon, making for a great start (typically a shelmet and a piplup). Empoleon and Accelgor are very valuable in the deck and I can't afford to lose them, so after Accelgor D&Cs I send out an Emolga to take any hit the opponent manages to eke out (which does happen), because it's replaceable. Also, if it ISNT KO'd, it has a free retreat so I don't have to discard any energy to replace it with Mew or Accelgor. Finally, in case the opponent tries to overwhelm me with powerful EXes, Suicune is immune to their attacks, can stall for time and can use the deck's energy, but its not too important. Colress is a 4-of because it gets huge draw power working off emolga's large bench sizes. Tool Scrapper is a meta tech that helps against Garbodor, who blocks abilities. Super Rod is an emergency card that gets back Accelgors or Empoleons, but thickens my deck. Rare candy is a staple for evolving stage-2s. Everything else is a staple too more or less. Another thing is is that at top-speed, I can't deck out, even using Empoleon every turn. Accelgor's attack guarantees I always have at least two cards to draw, and those will be the exact cards I need. Because of the thinning my deck starts slow but gets incredible power should I get to the later end of the game, by which point the opponent has usually managed to take out three Emolga and a Piplup, while I proceed to maul their EXes for two prizes apiece.

I think that's everything. Mew can copy Call For Family or Attack Command too but it's very risky to leave on the field and open to attacks.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:12 pm

in the wild, members of the d_what species are known to fashion formidable walls out of pokemon tcg strategy in order to protect their territory
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:21 pm

Yes and we breed by osmosis and can be repelled by light to moderate use of the TAB button.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:38 pm

breeding by osmosis doesn't even make sense

dwhat you say the darnedest things
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:44 pm

And sometimes we say the darndest things and sublime after death to a higher state of being from our previous liquid state, but only at exactly 140° kelvin in a vacuum, and then our babies eat us from the inside, because that's the obvious next step.

And then we chew gum and poop rainbows.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum: