Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official wonder trade thread

+9
Gelatino
NinteNerd
phantasmalDexterity
muffinz
d_what
Spark Eletran
Hanky Panky
ilikeoctopus
invisibleTerrarium
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The official wonder trade thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official wonder trade thread

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:23 pm

keep in mind that those numbers are complete bullshit, of the "I'm making a guess based on what i would assume the numbers would be."

But I would confidently say that the vast majority of people are NOT trying to scalp you. Those people are still on the GTS.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The official wonder trade thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official wonder trade thread

Post by Hytheter Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:18 pm

Hanky Panky wrote:I can almost guarantee that very few people are actively being malicious in trying to scalp people out of wonder trades by throwing shitty early game pokemon into the mix.

I would break these people up into these groups:

30% regifting
30% trying wonder trade for the first time ever
30% little kids
5% spreading pokerus
4.8% trying to fill pokedex
0.2% trying to get your good pokemon

Hanlon's razor keeps me from flipping tables.
I think there are also people who Wonder Trade off their failed breeding offspring. Where failed might mean "5 perfect IVs but the wrong nature".

Your percentages also don't account for people just doing it for fun. I traded off my Zygarde once. mspa
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:51 pm

Hanky Panky wrote:Wonder Trade as a whole is better now that people have started breeding for competitive teams and they're putting their breeding rejects up for trade.
Hytheter wrote:
I think there are also people who Wonder Trade off their failed breeding offspring. Where failed might mean "5 perfect IVs but the wrong nature".
Funny that you mention that.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:53 pm

a few days ago i did a little wonder trade chain thingity
i stopped when i finally got something that worthwhile
a freaking
japanese
wooper
UPAH BEST POKÉMON EVER AND IN JAPANESE TOOOOO
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Hanky Panky wrote:
Hanky Panky wrote:Wonder Trade as a whole is better now that people have started breeding for competitive teams and they're putting their breeding rejects up for trade.
Hytheter wrote:
Funny that you mention that.
Oh right I didn't read that post.

BUT WHY WEREN'T THEY INCLUDED IN YOUR PERCENTAGES AAAAARGH
JESUS CHRIST IT'S ALMOST AS THEY THEY WERE FABRICATED GUESSTIMATIONS AND NOT VALID, USEFUL STATISTICS
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:57 pm

if you want to argue semantics, i would say those people are in the regifting category. because if you get a pokemon with 5 perfect IVs, it is a gift. and then you send it to someone else.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:59 pm

d_what wrote:
OverlordJ wrote:Hmm, makes sense if you assume that only trolls/mean people and people who don't know Pokemon too well give bad things into wondertrade. And people who don't understand Pokemon too well are usually new to it and/or young. And young people are less likely to be awake during the night.
Umm. Not to rain on your parade OJ, but... It's always night somewhere? You're far better of looking for specific nationalities than you are an age group. For example, Koreans are far less likely to be awake at *certain time* than any given age group. (For me, that's the early hours of the morning. The later I stay up at night, the more Americans I get. Japanese guys are too numerous to have any particular preferred hour.
this is what i was thinking; many dedicated players are up at late hours giving out eggscrap.
also why i specified "western hemisphere". most of my people were candian/american/brazillian/japanese

also i'd say the percentage giving out pokerus is more than 5%; i've gotten 3 pokemon with it just in my two wonder trading binges.

oh, and you know Ronpaul.com, the charmander with awesome egg moves? turns out he's perfetly IV'D in everything but attack. and is also jolly. helllloooooo, future megazardx.
also the numel and marvel scale dratini have 4 perfect IV'S. don't plan on using either, but makes for good breeding fodder.
being so happy to receive these makes me happy to think someone will likely be enjoying one of my mawiles just as much. sunny
things are going to get veeeeery interesting when Box opens.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:04 pm

I tossed in a handful of 5IV gastlys a week or two back. Marked em before I sent them into the wild yonder.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:28 pm

I just received a 5IV japanese Hawlucha through wonder trade.
I'm wondering why she was dumped in though, since the only <31 stat is SpAtk, and it's Jolly.
Maybe it's owner just likes breeding Hawluchas.

*replanning team to make place for ルチャブル.*
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:26 pm

maybe they wanted adamant.
or a male.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:29 pm

invisibleTerrarium wrote:Yo i'm in school and I'd totally wonder trade at lunch and in my free period but my school's internet is password protected
I can connect to it, but it won't let me in because I need to enter the username and password
I can use the guest account to avoid being tracked but i don't know how to enter the stuff
Does anyone speak 3ds and know how to do this
Unfortunately, it seems that your school uses security options for its wi-fi that the 3DS just can't (or won't) handle. My workaround to what sounds like essentially the same problem was to use Connectify, but that's probably not an option for you (I'd imagine your school wouldn't look too kindly on students installing random programs on their computers, among other problems). Basically, it ain't happening. Sorry.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:08 pm

Dammit. I figured as much, honestly.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:59 am

so my friend was trying to masuda for a shiny honedge, right? and he's WT-ing away all 10 boxes of the rejects, right? :
ehehehee
he's probably not going to let me borrow his hidden ability things now.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:04 pm

so i somehow ended up with two japanese eevees from the same trainer from two different people on two different days.
:O
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:06 pm

I guess there is a japanese guy or girl who really likes breeding for eevees? And then sending out leftovers via wondertrade?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:18 pm

well no duh. but what are the chances i get the same trainer ID at different times???

WT BINGE 3: NOIZOIDS INVADE SPAIN:
the highlight of this is by far the HIDDEN ABILITY 4IV EEVEE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:25 pm

TRAAAAAAAAADE CHAAAAAAAIN:

So after a long-ass chain of useless shit, I come to a close on this adventure with a Tyrogue, purple freedom fighter that he is.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:57 am

Whoa, someone gave me a crocomaw on wondertrade Surprised I feel bad cause i only gave them a 3 IV Eevee, but maybe they'll have a use for it. On the bright side I got totodiles going now!
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:55 pm

i literally forgot that croconaw existed

i had to look it up on bulbapedia
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:57 pm

For my favourite starter, I have that problem surprisingly often. Totodile and Feraligatr, sure, but I'm always forgetting crocomaw.

Also, crocomaw makes more sense as a name than croconaw, so that's what I'm calling it.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:18 pm

Naw. I disagree. See?

I always appreciated how 'croc had the band across him like clothes from the Flintstones. Looks neat.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:11 pm

yeah but croconaw was always the awkward teenager between adorable totodile and badass feraligatr
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:16 pm

That's true of most of the starters' middle forms.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:23 pm

Gotta say Quilava looks pretty great, though.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:25 pm

i actually forgot what frogader looks like because as it turns out, i've never actually seen one in my game and i don't remember seeing them on the internet either
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next