Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

+17
Captain
DicksMcgee
cerebralconfinement
Tirgo
Xaber
Spark Eletran
d_what
OverlordJ
muffinz
tinning3
tailoredGoose
Gelatino
phantasmalDexterity
Sandstriker
NinteNerd
Dregadude
sournote103
21 posters

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP - Page 5 Empty Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by phantasmalDexterity Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:37 am

I think everyone should type how it feels natural for them.
Yeah, we should have our own Sylladexes. That's a given, imo.
I would vote yes.
Our leader should be sournote, since it's his idea.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:46 am

Dregadude wrote:First, quirks. Do we need to have them? I vote no. It's unnecessary and in the PMD games nobody spoke with a quirk except for a few gimmicky exceptions. (Like, hmmm, Quagmire. And it was, hmmm, rather obtusely used, hmmm.)

Agreed.

Dregadude wrote:Second, captchalogues. Do we need to have them? I vote yes. It's fun to brainstorm new ways to render inventory useless and it's a good way to build character. In Homestuck, a character's captchalogue modus is often a defining characteristic.

I'm personally not so sure about this. While captchalogues are a good way to build character, they can be unnecessarily complex if taken too far, and basing too much on a fetch modus can limit your character.

Dregadude wrote:Third, GCAT pesterchum handles. (As in, handle abbreviations that are permutations of G, C, A, and T. Every character in Homestuck except the cherubs has a chumhandle with these letters.) I vote yes. I think it's implied that ectobiological paradox clones have to have handles with GCAT, except for John who changed his later.

I guess. It is a little restrictive, though. Perhaps we could use a different set of letters, or some variation on that? Just to avoid coming too close to copying canon handles.

Dregadude wrote:And fourth, meteors. If we are all paradox clones, a) who is going to do the ectobiology (aka who is the leader of our session), b) how does this fit into the history of our PMD world (meteors crashing into a planet is kind of a cataclysmic event) and c) if this is a failed session, as I heard discussion of, will that affect the ectobiological part of our session?

a) Whoever enters first, I guess. I'd give first choice to sournote, given they came up with this.
b) Honestly, the meteors are kinda sidelines in HS, especially given how Hussie just completely ignored the physics of falling meteors in atmospheres. I'd say that this is a fairly small issue that shouldn't require too much thought.
c) I'm still not sure about whether the session is successful or not. Ectobiology shouldn't be affected too much by that, since everything is supposed to have a guardian anyway, so scratching would be pretty easy. If we decide to have the ectobiology occur in the other session, then we just need to make sure we've made that decision before we get that far.
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:03 am

quirks: no. it's fun but annoying; we don't need any more defining quirks than the kids.

capchalogues: yes, but perhaps it can be part of the game itself? as in, none of them have capchalogues until they boot the game. i think that would be neat, not important though.
or we could do a thing with the exploration bags they have in the games?

GCAT: i'm pretty sure the only reason these are used is because DNA nucleotides. i don't think it's necessary, but we do need to keep in some themes, so sure, why not.

meteors: yeah this definitely needs to be done in chat. i'm pretty indifferent to this whole deal.
i think we were simply going to vote on who would be th first to enter and such?
i am also voting sournote, for the same reason as pD and Xaber.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:46 am

drega wrote:First, quirks. Do we need to have them? I vote no. It's unnecessary and in the PMD games nobody spoke with a quirk except for a few gimmicky exceptions. (Like, hmmm, Quagmire. And it was, hmmm, rather obtusely used, hmmm.)

Quirks like the trolls? Hell no. Some other little things, like emoticons (Banyu using ones with 0 as an oshawott nose), capitalization sometimes, certain words being used often and even just way of speaking? Hell YES.

drega, once again, wrote:Second, captchalogues. Do we need to have them? I vote yes. It's fun to brainstorm new ways to render inventory useless and it's a good way to build character. In Homestuck, a character's captchalogue modus is often a defining characteristic.

Well... Sure, I guess. It could be kinda hard to come up with one for each character (though glitchs is totes gonna be something related to glitches or cheatcodes and stuff like that because of his name mspa ), but you're right: It DOES build character.

third time im saying this but, drega wrote:Third, GCAT pesterchum handles. (As in, handle abbreviations that are permutations of G, C, A, and T. Every character in Homestuck except the cherubs has a chumhandle with these letters.) I vote yes. I think it's implied that ectobiological paradox clones have to have handles with GCAT, except for John who changed his later.

Eh... I don't think this is really necessary and could maybe be a bit limiting, but I guess if the others want it, sure. I wouldn't mind if we had some sort of different theme for the handles though.

i think this is obvious BUT if you still didnt get it the one named drega wrote:And fourth, meteors. If we are all paradox clones, a) who is going to do the ectobiology (aka who is the leader of our session), b) how does this fit into the history of our PMD world (meteors crashing into a planet is kind of a cataclysmic event) and c) if this is a failed session, as I heard discussion of, will that affect the ectobiological part of our session?

I'm not so sure about being it a failed session. If it was simply a... Well, failed session, it could end up being kind of... Anti-climatic. If we DO fail, there should probably be some sort of extra plot to make it more intereting or something. If not, probably should be just... A normal session. About the meteors... I've got no idea about that one. And the leader thing... Well... If Sournote DOES want to be the leader, sure I guess. If not, we should probably make a vote or something... Though we could also just use a random generator to see who gets picked maps Also totes gonna vote for Banyu to enter first, do ectobiology and all that stuff because that would make me the like cool last player to enter and all which is pretty awesome mspa
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:06 am

I think small quirks like the things Spark said would be nice, for example, Cyano has a weird laugh, so instead of Hahaha I'd type Shashasha.

I vote we definatly NEED captchalogue, because without them alchemy doesn't even work and with neither captchalogue nor alchemy it just wouldn't be sburb anymore.

I am fine with GCAT chumhandles, as long as I can either be GG or GT. Though honestly, most RPs I know just ignore GCAT...

If you remember, the planets that had the kids on them were actually rather small, no big events. Sure they caused a small crater and killed like, one person each, but nothing that had an impact on the world as a whole.
I really like the idea that our eggs simply arrived via meteor but nothing else big happened.

That said, I guess I should type a quick thing about Cyano:
Cyano:

I probably made a bunch of errors and typos but I don't have the time to check them all out. I tried to keep it as short as I could while still keeping the important informations. If anyone has any questions about Cyanos background, feel free to ask.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:01 am

Decided to do something similar to OJ's little bio thing.

Elegial:

OJ: Have you fleshed out Cyano's family at all? Any ideas on who they are, what they do?
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by sournote103 Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:15 am

Dregadude wrote:I've got four things I'd like you guys to consider and discuss today since I probably won't be here for most of it.

First, quirks. Do we need to have them? I vote no. It's unnecessary and in the PMD games nobody spoke with a quirk except for a few gimmicky exceptions. (Like, hmmm, Quagmire. And it was, hmmm, rather obtusely used, hmmm.)

Second, captchalogues. Do we need to have them? I vote yes. It's fun to brainstorm new ways to render inventory useless and it's a good way to build character. In Homestuck, a character's captchalogue modus is often a defining characteristic.

Third, GCAT pesterchum handles. (As in, handle abbreviations that are permutations of G, C, A, and T. Every character in Homestuck except the cherubs has a chumhandle with these letters.) I vote yes. I think it's implied that ectobiological paradox clones have to have handles with GCAT, except for John who changed his later.

And fourth, meteors. If we are all paradox clones, a) who is going to do the ectobiology (aka who is the leader of our session), b) how does this fit into the history of our PMD world (meteors crashing into a planet is kind of a cataclysmic event) and c) if this is a failed session, as I heard discussion of, will that affect the ectobiological part of our session?

Just my thoughts:
1. Quirks are unnecessary. If your character is weird and would use one, I don't see any reason to stop you from using one, but overall I think most characters wouldn't need them.

2. Yes to fetch modi, but I don't think we should have to fastidiously keep track of them. Maybe RP the character having trouble with them, but I think it's a little silly to remember everything in your array of queuestacks and where it is within said array of queuestacks.

3. Yes. It bothers me immensely when people use chumhandles/trolltags/etc. that do not follow the GCAT naming scheme.

4. For ectobiology... As near as I can tell from canon information, the "leader" does it, independent of classpect. I think the best plan for deciding who does it is to look at all the characters' personalities and decide who would be the leader.
As for meteors, if you think about Homestuck, the ones that brought the kids really did very localized damage, so I am not sure that they would really be noted as historical events.
sournote103
sournote103
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by cerebralconfinement Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:18 pm

I'm fine with unobtrusive quirks.

Sylladexes and fetch modii are alright, so long as we don't overly complicate them.

I'm a bit indifferent about the GCAT handle system. No matter what we choose on that, I'm sure I can still find a good handle.

And with ectobiology, I'm just kind of going to go with what everyone else said. So basically what I've done for all four options. mspa

Right, now that that's out of the way, I've got something I need to say.

So, last night and the night before, I ended up getting really stressed and losing sleep when I can't really afford to lose sleep. I don't know whether this is going to end up changing in the future, but if it doesn't, I don't think I can keep participating. I'm not going to go through that every night just for a roleplay.

In part, I feel like the problem comes from the fact that during those discussions, I felt like either I didn't matter, or that I was the problem. When I tried to say something, either it made things worse, or nobody really seemed to care what I said.

I'm not trying to blame anyone for this; if I were to blame someone, it would be me. I just want to make sure that if I do end up leaving the roleplay in a few days, that it's not a surprise, and that you know why.

I was going to say a few more things, but I can't muster the will. I don't even know if you're going to read this far.
cerebralconfinement
cerebralconfinement
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:26 pm

Of course we're going to read it. At least I do.
I have the same feeling about chats sometimes too so I understand why you would feel like that, but if you do want to do the rp, don't give up solely for that reason.
Not having a good night sleep is another matter of course. You shouldn't feel bad about prioritizing yourself.
I'm not really good with words, but what I mean is that I'm sure most of us will be sad if you drop out, but I think we understand your reasoning.

Also, I was going to do something cool, imo, but I sort of gave up, because omg, I can't do a good looking buizel for my life.
Sad
something:

Also, here's this Google Form, this might help to decide most of these questions.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:56 pm

BIO TIIIIIME (aka tl;dr time)

Wait, I still need a name for my Pignite. Uh... let's call him... Scoville! ALRIGHT LET'S DO THIS
THE HISTORY OF A VERY SPECIAL PIGNITE WHO WE WILL CALL SCOVILLE:

Wow, I didn't expect that to be nearly as long.

For CC/Fork:
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tailoredGoose Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:27 pm

BANYU'S BIO TIME

WOAH LOOK IT'S BATMAN:
tailoredGoose
tailoredGoose
Cooltrainer

http://Malevolentespurr.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:52 pm

CC, you are is most certainly not the problem, not in the slightest. you stepped up and took the classpect that nobody wanted, giving us a full group, and you've been pretty agreeable the entire time. everyone gets ignored to some degree in arguments, though i'm pretty sure mostly everyone read your inputs.  if it really bothers you, just...keep your points to the forum posts. we seem to be a lot less hot-headed when we're not in chat.
also, everything pD said

hey, a thing that was  brought up is moves. as in, can we know more than four at once?
i vote kind of. i think we should be able to learn many moves, but only be extremely skilled with four.
for instance, mine will [eventually] likely be acrobatics, agility, u-turn, leaf blade. i could still use heat wave, swords dance, iron tail, mirror move, etc, but i wouldn't be very good at them. like, if i tried heat wave, it would just be a tiny stream of fire that doesn't do much damage. we'd have to put our moves in and out of practice, maybe being able to master a fifth or sixth much later on.
i also think we should start with crap moves and roughly follow level-up learnsets. egg, TM, and tutor moves can be learned through backstory or situations in the rp.

show highly self-indulgent artbio:
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Tirgo Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:21 pm

Devyn:
Tirgo
Tirgo
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:40 pm

Okay, first, it seems everyone basically agrees about how we handle the four questions.

Also, the describtions everyone posted were quite good, very interesting to read

Xaber wrote:OJ: Have you fleshed out Cyano's family at all? Any ideas on who they are, what they do?

Only a little to be honest, since I don't plan for them to enter the game with Cyano.
Cyano stuff:

Oh and a few things I didn't say yet:

More Cyano stuff:

cerebralconfinement wrote:Right, now that that's out of the way, I've got something I need to say.

I just want to say, while I probably wasn't in the chat all the time, when I WAS in the chat, I alwasy made the best effort to read EVERYTHING ANYONE said.

Also, I'd be sad to see you go but if it causes you real life issues I understand of course
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Tirgo Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:53 am

devyn's quirk is proper grammar
Tirgo
Tirgo
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tirgo Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:01 am

also how do you rp
Tirgo
Tirgo
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:32 am

Since apparently this is a thing

Glitch the Chespin:

As for the move thing.... Well, I guess that could more or less work, Ninte. And for me, since... Well, Chespin is 6th gen, I could use the moves that have it was already seen using AND a few other moves that it seems likely to learn (Such as Leaf Blade and maybe Pin Missile, for example)
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cerebralconfinement Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:03 am

Well, I finally decided on the name Kachi, and the handle antiquatedTyranny.

Still haven't yet figured out a backstory though. Hopefully I come up with one soon.
cerebralconfinement
cerebralconfinement
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:15 am

Finishing touches on Scoville's character:
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by sournote103 Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:55 am

I'm still working on name, chumhandle, and backstory.
sournote103
sournote103
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:57 am

Don't forget possible prototyping items, or will they be made up as you go along?
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:55 pm

Yaaaaay Scoville he's already my favourite character no defense other guys. Just wondering, but will your prototyping be polemon-themed? I mean it makes sense if your session's moons are oddishy-bidoof abominations in a Pokemon session and that the final boss is a horrific OU/dragony monstrosity. Alternatively, prototype with held items and you get super fast/self burning/balloon-floating enemies.

Okay to be honest I'm here because I'm internet lonely and this thread gets all the traffic Sad
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:00 pm

d_what wrote:
Okay to be honest I'm here because I'm internet lonely and this thread gets all the traffic Sad
The chatbox gets traffic. :notsureifmspa:
It's going to be awhile before I get anything for Tobias...
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:02 pm

d_what wrote:Okay to be honest I'm here because I'm internet lonely and this thread gets all the traffic Sad

Aw poor D_What all alone :<

I say we just leave prototyping for later, and make sure there are lots of random items and stuff around the place where we enter.

Edit: and yes scoville is best character hands down
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cerebralconfinement Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:46 pm

You're only saying that because Kachi doesn't have a backstory. mspa
cerebralconfinement
cerebralconfinement
Youngster

Back to top Go down