Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

+8
OverlordJ
kotakun
Hanky Panky
cephalopodAscendant
Spark Eletran
muffinz
invisibleTerrarium
tinning3
12 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 32 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:37 pm

yes you can but that'll Dirkify it and make it a hoodie with a hoodie stamp
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 32 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by OverlordJ Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:23 pm

Sounds like a neat world a lot of possible stories in that. Good luck.

The ability to create fitting background music from nothing IRL.
The ability to create UNfitting background music from nothing IRL.
The ability to make the lower half of your body invisible.
The ability to look through objects that are less then a millimeter thin.
The ability to run at superspeed but only while running backwards.
The ability to travel five minutes into the future, whenever you want, however, you have to wait five minutes after using it before you can use it again.
The ability to float in water without any effort.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:08 pm

Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:11 pm

I am more interested in hearing about them then I am in seeing them. They look good, but you need to KNOW a character before you can get invested in them.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:48 pm

character dump:

oh good god that was long
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:31 pm

I AM VERY SORRY THAT I DO NOT GET ON MORE I FORGET ABOUT THINGS!

Now that that is over (fucking English language), I need to figure out what's been going on again.
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:39 am

Hmm, her being an actual undead seems odd in this context. If she's from the surface, wouldn't it be more sensible if her species just was like that? Undead usually fit more into the fantasy category then into the Sci-fi category, which seems to be what you are aiming for.. Besides that, the crew seems a bit young to me. A 13 year old as the sort of captain? What is society in the Skies like that something like that would not be considered odd, or did I missunderstand how the team worked?

Also, tell me more about the world. How much do the people in the Skies know about the Surface? How common is it for people from the Skies to come to the Surface? How much do the people of the Surface know about the Skies?

Right now, it makes me think of that theory, where the Jetsons and the Flintstones actually play in the same time and some catastrophy happened, which forced people to move to those homes in the sky and that on the surface, society was thrown back into the stoneages.

Hey Sand, at the moment we are talking about Superpowers and Sparks story idea.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:46 am

ok, thank you. ill be reading up when i get back home.
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:16 pm

OverlordJ wrote:Hmm, her being an actual undead seems odd in this context. If she's from the surface, wouldn't it be more sensible if her species just was like that? Undead usually fit more into the fantasy category then into the Sci-fi category, which seems to be what you are aiming for..

Well, it's kinda supposed to be a mix of sci-fi in the Skies with some more fantasy-like elements in the Surface, mostly in terms of species... tho tbh I'm not sure about her being actually dead either. I dunno, I'm still figuring things out :0

EDIT: actually Yeah she's not dead. She looks dead though, her species has blue skin and is extremely resistent to injuries, as well as feeding on blood. Still teeechnically alive though

OverlordJ wrote:Besides that, the crew seems a bit young to me. A 13 year old as the sort of captain? What is society in the Skies like that something like that would not be considered odd, or did I missunderstand how the team worked?

It IS odd! She's not really an actual captain as much as a... moral leader, I suppose? She's the heart of the group, to put it bluntly. What keeps it together. It's a really small and odd crew (especially since it's mostly made of non-humans)

OverlordJ wrote:How much do the people in the Skies know about the Surface? How common is it for people from the Skies to come to the Surface? How much do the people of the Surface know about the Skies?

They don't know much about each other. To the Skies, the Surface is a land of savages and monsters, uncharted territory they're unable to reach. It's simply "The land under the clouds", anything that goes there is as good as lost.

People just about NEVER go there by their own volition. Most attempts to do so are shot down by a... certain someone (oh the suspense), with Audrey and Owen being a special case since they came in like a wreckin' ball. There are very few non-humans living in the Skies, and the ones who do are heavily persecuted. Meanwhile, just about the only things from the Skies to exist in the Surface would be wrecks of ships and other similarly lost objects.

Meanwhile, the Skies are kind of an unknown heaven to the Surface, this faraway place. They don't know what's going on there and many don't even know it exists, just that stuff falls out of the sky sometimes. It's a weird sight.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:35 pm

Nice Very Happy

I like it already!
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:28 pm

It definitely sounds like it has potential, tell us if you post some stories.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:42 pm

Thanks guys!

I gotta make some new characters and concept shit first prolly, and keep workin' on Chosen None too :0 but if I ever do anything bigger with it I'll be sure to tell yall!
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:12 am

kind of late but:
the ability to be invulnerable to all damage caused by umbrellas
the ability to lower your own friction with surfaces, so now your whole life is an ice level
the ability to change your own perception of color
the ability to telepathically romhack physical copies of video games
the ability to create portals, but only from one side to the other side of a single green-colored surface
the ability to telekinetically control parts of your own body
the ability to, at will, make anyone you are physically touching fall asleep (the catch is that since your own body is always in contact with itself, using this power puts you to sleep too)
the ability to see a visual representation of any soundwaves you are currently hearing
the ability to conjure oxygen out of thin air
the ability to make any food saltier at will

yeah i still don't have an actual computer yet, but no matter how awful mobile browsers are, i just HAD to come back here briefly for the sake of participating in this
(also that story seems pretty interesting, sparkler! i don't know why, but i'm getting this odd jrpg vibe from the setting, even though i don't know any jrpgs with that particular type of setting)
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:33 pm

huh that's interesting. Personally with Chosen None I myself think of it as a webcomic, more often than not, while SotS strikes me as some kinda cartoon or just overall animation

but hey who knows :0
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:22 pm

a webcomic would be amazing! i would read the hell out of that :0
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:30 pm

i have deleted skype because it would keep crashing my computer if i called someone or if they called me.
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:55 pm

I dislike Skype. The close button is not a second minimize button.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:33 am

Yeah I uninstalled Skype for similar reasons Neutral I guy I was supposed to interview suggested Skype a few weeks ago, we had a phone interview instead, and without fail, everytime on startup... *skype startup noise* and it'd just SIT there. Annoying as hell. It and Internet Explorer can just sit in a corner >Sad

Said corner being a corner on someone ELSE'S PC.
(Like Lanette's, or Bill's.)
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:41 am

Are we moping about Skype?

I haven't uninstalled Skype since I use it to communicate with my parents, but I can never seem to call from college. It just doesn't ever connect. I can take calls just fine, but adding people and calling? No dice.

And the "close" irks me as well.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:41 pm

Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall during the initial proposal for that feature?

"Yeah, no, the end users will definitely love this feature."
"You think?"
"Oh yeah, definitely. We'll make them love it. Stockholm syndrome is a real thing guys."
"I concur! Close will not close."

It should be rule 1: People like using things on their own terms, DON'T GET IN THE WAY OF ANYTHING! It's why I use Whatsapp over Viber. Viber was intrusive.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:16 pm

I hate Skype because I tried installing it multiple times and for one reason or another it would never work.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:22 pm

Pesterchum is clearly superior than skype.
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:24 pm

I'd agree, except Pesterchum has been giving me some error lately, too...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:34 pm

On a topic somewhat related to pesterchum;

WE'RE SO CLOSE! Very Happy Nearly upd8 time gaiz! Also Hiveswap game news from last week/two weeks ago is definitely worth a look. The game definitely looks entertaining! I'm not sure how I'd feel about buying it four times, though...?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:34 am

What do you mean by buying it four times? Did I miss something?

That said, they just made another update, showing the trailer. It's... not the best looking trailer and it doesn't really show anything we didn't already know but still.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next