Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

+8
OverlordJ
kotakun
Hanky Panky
cephalopodAscendant
Spark Eletran
muffinz
invisibleTerrarium
tinning3
12 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 17 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by OverlordJ Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:06 pm

Well, that makes it easy then. I already got Wingull right. Sweet Dee is thus Tailow. A female user of dark energy and a female dark type are also obvious, so Anise is Poochyena. Stardust is Zigzagoon, because Ziggy. So that only leaves the question whether you see Ralts or Grovyle as the dual wielder. You might plan to use a stone on Ralts, since it IS male, but I feel leave blade from Grovyle is more sworty. So Grovyle is Lloyd and Ralts is Castor.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 17 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:16 pm

Nope. Grovyle is Castor.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:07 pm

Ah well, it happens. The others were right though, I assume?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:04 pm

I got a master ball from the pgl minecart minigame today. It IS possible folks! I was doing it at level 3 constantly and used up about 4,000 pokemiles until I got it. (I have about 3500 left.) And it's not randomly scored like the other two, it's actually skilled... Though the prizes are definitely somewhat random since I got the M Ball with a D grade. Which is the lowest grade.

Still, that puts me at 5 Master Balls during XY alone! OR will get me another 1, another year's worth of lottery should result in at least one more, (approx 94% likelihood) and if ORAS are anything like BW there should be another one in there somewhere. Which you'd want what with all the legends in the game :0

So that's Terrakion, Heatran, Raikou, Landorus, and one other (Cress/Suicune/Deoxys/Tornadus/Cobalion) definitely captured! I'll save the ORAS ball for eventual Eon Ticket Latias (if I ever get that) and the Latios doesn't need an MBall. I am finally happy Smile haven't had tthe option of decent legendaries since DP!

Anybody have an Adaptability Skrelp or Damp Mudkip :0
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:33 pm

So if I'm reading things right, OR/AS is the first pokèmon game where you actually get the National 'Dex during the main story, with it coming after the evil team and Groudon/Kyogre plot is done. If so, that's actually really interesting, and makes me significantly less disappointed about the Hoenn Pokèdex just being the old list but with the new evolutions/preevolutions inserted into it. This may be old news to everyone else, but I just learned it and thought it was really interesting, so.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:30 pm

psssst warning just please put any story spoilers in. well. spoilers

Also. In my own experience, I had the exp share turned on earlier in the game, but turned it off once I was overleveled for Wattson's gym. Then I went on, fighting just as many trainer as before but never grinding on the grass. And well... For Norman and Winona's gyms (still haven't gotten to tate and liza's), I was ACTUALLY p underleveled - My highest Pokémon was a lower level than Norman's Slaking, and though my team was mostly around the same level as Winona's I was using my new Absol solely. Norman actually almost beat me - I had only one Pokémon left with around 10 HP, and if it wasn't for it knowing Dig I would've been screwed. And Winona... well, Cassandra the Absol is a badass. Sorry bud.

But yea, I've actually been pretty on-par/lower than my opponents' levels so far, even just trainers in general. Haven't had any real complete curbstomp battles.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:25 pm

My Pokemon in SoulSilver were on lower levels then the Gym trainers most of the time, which was actually tricky in the eight gym, I think I posted about how my fight there went before. Speaking of SoulSilver, another funny gym moment was when I was about to fight the ice guy and realised that something was wrong. I was thinking about how this was the seventh gym when I noticed how I only had five badges. It took me a sec untill I remembered "Oh shit, I forgot to fight the steel gym!" So I left the ice gym, breezed through the steel gym and then returned.

Also, D, I think I heard someone say something about hidden ability Skrelp in ORAS, but I might be wrong.

EDIT:
From Serebii under the ORAS news wrote:00:05: Skrelp can be obtained with its Hidden Ability
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:41 pm

Alright, I finally have AS! I've only just gotten past the first rival battle, but so far it's wonderful and nostalgia-inducing and basically great. Maybe once I've got a team built up I'll do my own "match the name to the 'mon" post.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:53 pm

Yeaaaaah that's why I asked :0 I've been looking for a couple of days now.

But s'okay because I nabbed one on the GTS earlier while looking for Limber Buneary. Getting HP fire is a bit of a pain but it's not so bad. Still need that damp mudkip though, and nobody's breeding them, like, ever :/

I'd quite like to build a team around MegaLopunny. It seems really interesting to use, a cool blend of classic fast sweeper and flexible support-mon. What moves though :0 Sub-Baton? Healing wish? Fake Out? Ice Punch? Even Heal Bell? Soooo many fun options and a neat typing to boot!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:02 pm

Well, I'll probably get AS in a month and once I played around I'll try to figure out how to ge that QR code thingy, so y'all can try my psychic gym. Also, holy shit there are a lot of confirmed legends in this game.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:17 pm

hhhhh just learned im not getting AS or SSB4WiiU till christmas. well shit.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:34 pm

So? I'm not getting it till then either
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:03 am

i was told i would be obtaining as today, is the issue. i can wait, its just annoying
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:50 am

Ah, I see
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:20 am

you were right about the others. i made it really easy.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:45 pm

By the way, I only just today figured out that I can use my phone to get internet connection with my 3DS, so now I wondertraded a bit and got a ton of ORAS mons, mostly Zigs and Pooches though.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Looks like Horde Battles are just a random occurrence again. I just found a horde of Oddish on Route 119.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:22 pm

Haha man never ever wondertrade when the games are still new, they are literally all you'll ever get. You'll have to wait a month minimum before they even start approximating decent trades.

GUYS btw I have experienced a deep and terrifying moment of existential dread and uncertain philosophy!
Spoiler:

Sorry to hear about your game delay iT! Tell you what, I'll specifically hold back on my enjoyment of the game, until you get yours, and then we can battle and it will be fun and stuff. I'll use my hardly OU viable DREAMTEAM(tm) for funsies.
On that topic, I was talking (gushing, really, I'm super excite for ORAS) to my best friend today about secret bases and base gym battles. And the team I'd have. And then I asked him if he knew what his dreamteam would be! He hasn't played since Sapphire (a year ago - and he didn't finish it) but he's played Blue and Yellow EXTENSIVELY (waaaaaaaay more than I did. Way way more. We'd have been good friends as kids I think Smile) and he's played the gen V card game and has picked up a little of gen 6 from my convention teams. But anyway, his team of favourite pokemon eventually ended up as
Zapdos (non-uber legends are allowed), Tyranitar, Dragonite, Starmie, (M)Gardevoir, Filler (probably Ground/Steel, so Excadrill probably). Except if this was a base team, he'd be playing ORAS. And so he wouldn't have Zapdos. He didn't really mind though as long as he could fill the gap, and I recommended Thundurus, and now...
is it just me, or is his dream team actually kind of... good? :/
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:15 am

Well, how good that team will be will of course depend on what attacks he'll teach them. But yeah, it's actually not that uncommon that people who played for a while, even if not competitively, like Pokemons who are actually good.

That said, while I did mostly get junk, I did get stuff like Hydropump Surskit, and a bunch of the mons were actually holding items, too. I think I got like two or three Honeys, which I am fairly happy about. And heck, the two main points for wondertrade are to get more Trainder IDs and to get new mons for my dex. On that note, I will breed some more and then later start wondertrading the results I didn't want holding a aki or tara berrie, or whatever those are called in english. I'd imagine some ORAS players might enjoy that.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:27 am

I AM CURRENTLY FIGHTING THE ELITE FOUR AND I AM MANY MANY MANY LEVELS UNDERLEVELED. LIKE MY HIGHEST LEVEL POKÉMON WASN'T EVEN AT THE SAME LEVEL AS THE LOWEST LEVEL IN THE LEAGUE AT THE START AND ONLY NOW IS MY TEAM STARTING TO GET TO THAT LEVEL AND THE CHAMPION IS GONNA BE AROUND 7 LEVELS HIGHER THAN ME I'M ASSUMING.

SO HELP ME GOD.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:28 am

Good god y'all are speeding through. I'm only just about to raid the Magma Base by Lilycove. This time, I'll make sure to snag the Master Ball.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:22 am

Two badges into AS now, and I just arrived at Slateport. Brawly was like, pathetically easy since I didn't know his levels got dropped, so I EXP.Share grinded up to like 18-19 which was way too high.
Anyway I've caught a buncha 'mons by now, so match up some things to some stuff if you want. Of course several of these might be just trial-and-error since I use a whole bunch of arbitrary methods to name stuff and many of them were chosen semi-randomly (plus one name chosen entirely for ironic purposes).

Marshtomp
Poochyena
Zigzagoon
Wurmple
Shroomish
Taillow
Nincada
Whismur
Magikarp
Tentacool
Gulpin

Physalia
Boyd
Argyle
Gummi
Fabio
Pepper
Daniel
Celia
Jacques
Murray
Cornelius
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:24 am

Gummi is probably Gulpin, although it might also be Tentacool. No clue about the rest.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:48 am

I have

honest-to-god no idea 80

on the bright side tho who wants to match my main team w their nicknaaaames. Will be p easy :0

Swampert                          
Absol                                
Gallade                              
Swallow                            
Exploud                          
Glalie                            

Tubae
Storm
Muskie
Butch
Cassandra
Tome

...oh also I beat it. YEEEEEE
I was like literally 5 levels underleveled
but my Mega Swampert pulled it through WHOOOO
It was such an amazing battle too
just. a Mega Swampert vs Mega Metagross Earthquake Battle

(also the credits are so fucking good)
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:08 am

Sorry CA, but you are wrong for both guesses. It's neither of those two.

As for your team, Sparkler... Hm. This is actually pretty tough. I'm gonna guess Tubae = Exploud because tubes/tubas, and Muskie = Absol because "musky" refers to like dark colors and stuff. I'm also leaning toward Tome = Gallade 'cause it gives off that kinda "magic swordsman" vibe and Smash Bros. is a fresh and new game that contains Robin who uses tomes.
Also wow, you really used a non-mega Glalie? Huh.

Man you guys are so far ahead of me. I know I got the game two days later than everyone else, but are you guys really that fast?
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next