Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: The Smashening

+12
ilikeoctopus
Captain
Xaber
phantasmalDexterity
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
kotakun
d_what
invisibleTerrarium
Dregadude
Hanky Panky
OverlordJ
16 posters

Page 8 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 41  Next

Go down

General Chat: The Smashening - Page 8 Empty Re: General Chat: The Smashening

Post by d_what Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:00 pm

...dammit.

now I want to go back to the MSPAforums. It's a combination of always wanting to root for the underdog, and always wanting what you can't have. Uggggh the wait is ki... aggravating me very slightly?

Chance of update happening today ?/100 ???
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:45 pm

I'd say as good as any other day. And D, that was incredible.
Seriously considering doing one for every gen. mspa
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:41 pm

Sorry it, I missed you there: what was incredible?

Sorry, I mispoke. I of course meant what was specifically incredible. If you're gonna list all the incredible things I've ever said we'll be here all week.

(The best part is Incredible is a pretty flexible word: mostly I'm thinking the SBAHJ version)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:21 pm

I think you analizing every pokemon from the gen is what iT was talking about
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:37 pm

OverlordJ wrote:I think you analizing every pokemon from the gen is what iT was talking about

General Chat: The Smashening - Page 8 3677502-9754645209-CpasY
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:37 am

cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:40 am

*SOUNDS OF iT SCREAMING*
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:58 am

[2:15:14 AM] Spark: i'd just like to remind you
[2:15:20 AM] Spark: from serebii
[2:15:32 AM] Spark: "He currently resides in Hoenn, but is a world traveler, and has a Flygon"
[2:15:38 AM] Spark: world traveler
[2:15:53 AM] Spark: they're totally bringing super secret bases to the future games

also fREAKING AWESOME HELL YEEE
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:17 am

oh neat

there was a 0% chance of secret bases not returning so i'm not exactly freaking out about this, but confirmation is nice to have, plus the decorations and such look good.

i always loved that one by the pond on the lower left area of route 120. mediocre on the inside, sure, but the location was great, it just looked like a really pretty place to live in general. i really hope they let you fly to your secret base now though because having to navigate to it from the nearest town every time was annoying.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:59 am

OMG OMG OMG I agree with Muffinz, there really was no way this wasn't happening, but the question was, how well would it be done. And this sounds like the ideal fusion of the gen 3 bases, gen 4 underground and PSS WITH THAT AWESOME GYM FUNCTIONALITY OMG

I herded all my local friends into that area just after the surf spot to the right of Mauville. Leave some space in that center tree if you want me in your game, guys, 'cause that's where I'll be.

I hope they maintain the EXP gains... but then, Gym battles give EXP so????

And I'm gonna disagree with you, Spark. Game Freak are as well known for adding cool stuff as they are for never ever using it again; the list is absolutely huge. As great as it would be, I'm imagining them staying true to form. But even if we got it once per generation that would be enough (since there probably wouldn't be ORAS/Z crossplay).
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:58 am

inb4 people only create Dark Gyms mspa
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:04 am

...Why? Because there aren't any? Eh, couldn't be bothered.

If these are full, exp gaining battles though, I'm torn between actually showing off one of my real teams, for fun, or just training a bunch of Blissey and Audino for the betterment of Pokemonkind.

Do you think we should start trading and training some traded Chansey for just such an event, or is it a bit premature? It might not take too long, I have four Lucky Eggs. (I suppose once one person does it, post-game ORAS people can use that person's blisseys to quickly train their own; the cycle repeats.)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:21 am

I'm saying it's gonna be in future games because of the "world traveler" thing
I don't see why would they feel the need to add that if he wasn't gonna show up somewhere else
also
General Chat: The Smashening - Page 8 Tumblr_n8f9q0vois1r8sc3ro4_400
in this picture
We see the game icon for Omega Ruby (nothing too special, looks like X and Y's, just an Omega and Pokéball) and also a PSS Icon
Though this still isn't confirmation, it does make the inclusion of PSS in this game more likely! :D
also I like the fact iT'S NOT FUCKING LOCAL ONLY FINALLY YESSSS
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:41 am

Lol, it might not even be *internet* only, since the QR codes could bypass that completely. OJ could scan allll of our bases! Dunno how they'd hold enough data for Pokemon teams, though... possibly just the bases themselves.

The way they described the new O powers... perhaps there's a secret-base themed screen on the bottom that works similarly to the PSS. The PSS is another one of those great ideas that I don't think Game Freak will keep :/ They'll certainly do SOMETHING similar though. And an active Hoenn map with base locations and random passerby icons could be it. I really want to know how they're gonna encourage crossplay with XY though!

Spoiler:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:01 am

d_what wrote:...Why? Because there aren't any? Eh, couldn't be bothered.
you are only one person though
d_what wrote:Pokemon that follow you around ( Sad )
that's debatable since it appeared in 3 different generations, though only one time was it completely limitless.
And I don't see why roller-skates would be discarded. Running shoes and bicycles are still a thing too. They might get rid off the tricks tho.
Berry trees were never discarded tho? They just reworked the concept and medium every generation. Though it's true that you can't find berry trees in Gen 5 games anymore, since the Wifi was shut down.

Anyway, some cool things that didn't make it out of gen 5 (yet):
overworld phenomena (rustling grass, rippling water, etc)
dark grass
exp gained depends on the ko'd pokemon's level
seasons (!!!)
PWT
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:44 am

With two bikes available and GF's record, I just can't see them keeping the skates. I hope I'm wrong - faster running shoes may be a thing though. As for the trees: gen 3, 4 and basically 6 had them - for all intents and purposes 5 didn't, as they weren't "in game". Even HGSs's use wasn't really helpful; they didn't hold a lot and were really easy to forget about. Gens 3 and 6 are best for berries I think, the cross pollination is particularly cool.

YES to alternative wildpokemon thingies! Rustling/double grass was pretty cool (though Hordes and the HUGE route variety in XY are a nice replacement), seasons are nice when done either subtly or really well in specific places (can't help but feel it was pointless and often kind of weird and sudden in BW/BW2, more gradual perhaps?) and the PWT really was a lovely idea but I don't think you could really have it in every game. Mind you, having it in the last game of each generation might be feasible, since these things would move around.

Lol in gen 3 we'd be talking about the day-night cycle! Actually, now that I think about it: I wish nighttime was darker in-game. Back in GSC when it was dark the colours completely changed, all those yellow lights came on, the Pokémon were totally different... It was really atmospheric. But gen 4 introducing the gradual day-night changes was cool too.

TWO-PAGE DEX ENTRIES seriously I wish they'd start adding trivia about Pokemon! Some aren't detailed enough and I'd love to find out new and interesting things about, say, Charmander, or Weepinbell.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:15 am

Hey! ...I liked the seals alright.
And personally I kinda wonder about the rollerskates cause... On one hand I won't mind losing them per say, I think? On the other... I still really like the free, tile-less roaming! I know bikes have it but it's not the same thing. I'd like if you just kinda had a tileless run by using the circle pad, at least. It feels really nice. Though on the other side, this seems like a really big gameplay change to just take away, it literally changes the game's controls! It might still happen, tho...

I literally never cared for the Pokétch. HGSS's was REALLY well done with the on-screen menus and button prompts filling in the otherwise useless space and just making things more convenient all around, BW and BW2's were kinda... useless, but XY's definitely take the cake for the best bottom screen. Seriously, it does everything I ever wanted it to, at least, and it's basically HGSS's but improved! It has onscreen menus for quick access, simplified to take up less space while still being useful, and they're even rearrangeable HOW COOL IS THAT. It has three VERY gameplay-relevant features to choose from, which is where it's better than HGSS's, and well... What did it miss? An on-screen A button, which, cmon. who ever used it? A permarun toggle, which isn't really necessary when outdoors due to the rollerskates... And a quick access to not one, but twooooo key items, which hey guess what? XY has four just by pressing Y TAKE THAT (That's still the coolest thing tho it's genius and I hope they keep it)

Seasons are kinda weird just because we had Pokémon that depended on it as their whole gimmick. I find it strange that they took that off for that reason!

Mixing records could be really cool... if they expanded more on it. I'd love to see more impact on your game's world based on other people to some degree!

yespls to 6vs6 randoms and pokeymanz following you tho

And also yea I really hope they have the World Tournament back for X2 and Y2. I think it's likely!

...wait i just thought of something. When the jokey meme Sinnoh confirmed actually comes to reality and we have gen 4 remakes... the dress-up sequences. In 3D. holy crap that's gonna look amazing imagine thats like actual customization on your pokémooooon

aND ALSO THE MUSICALS EVEN THEY'RE GONNA LOOK SO MUCH COOLER. AND HO
HOLY CRAP
IMAGINE THE FUCKING POKÉSTAR MOVIES I WANNA SEE A 3D MECHATYRANITAR AND ALSO THAT FUCKING SCARY DEMON IN THAT ONE MOVIE
ALSO MEGA TYRANITAR WILL TOTALLY BE EDITED INTO THE BIG MONSTER SERIES SOMEHOW. CALLING IT.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:45 am

Hey nintendo.
If you're reading this.
Give me the game.
Like.
Now.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:57 pm

I was in the middle of writing a big post but then somehow I clicked on Tumblr, stupid broken mouse, I fucking hate this thing.

Here goes again.

Spark, if we're getting sequels at all, then they'll be X^2 and Y^2 I mean SERIOUSLY COME ON DUDE. But we won't, it'll be Z, and it'll be a new region based off Germany and will be to the east of Kalos and will have had wars with Kalos in the past and may, just may, have new Pokemon (PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ).

And yeah, the features that were deleted kinda suck.

Pokemon following you is the obvious one. I can sorta understand it for BW and XY, but BW2 shoulda had them, as should ORAS. Maybe. ORAS's out would be the same as XY's so idk. But it was super cool and I wanna see it back.

POKEATHLON! Contests were really cool (Super Contests were better but without RSEs they wouldnt exist prolly so yeah, I like contests), Musicals were complete shite, Pokestar was eh, and I'm pretty sure we had nothing for XY. But Pokeathlon was amazing. I'd really love to see it return, and to be expanded on too (multiple halls in multiple cities). Side note, a lil revamp of Contests to fit a lil more with the mechanics for both Gym battles and the anime's contests would be nice too, I really like anime contests.

Rustling grass and Dust Clouds OMG I need these back, they were so useful. Dust Clouds especially (I MEAN COME ON WHY DO I HAVE TO DO SUPER TRAINING TO GET ANOTHER MOON STONE UGH), but grinding on Audinos is still my favourite way of levelling up. If only there were Common Hordes of Audinos.....

Dark grass was also cool, but idk, I kinda like the flowers a bit more. Theyre cool.

Safari zone also pls.

Poketch was by far the best rebattling device and needs to be in every game. Gym Leader rematches should also be more common, alongside GYM LEADERS ACTUALLY BEING A PART OF THE COMMUNITY AND HAVING OTHER INTERESTS AND BEING INTERESTING AND IN THE GAME IN MORE PLACES OTHER THAN JUST THEIR GYM UGH. Seriously, all we got was Korrina and Wulfric iirc, one of whom was just to introduce Mega Evolution, the other of whom was just an excuse to go to another route. BW(2)'s gym leaders were infinitely better man.

Why did seasons ever change. Bring 'em back.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:46 pm

Musicals were kinda meh, mainly because they are just simplified Contests. Pokéstar was okay, having a puzzle minigame was a nice change of pace. But Pokéathlon. Now that was extremly cool.

Yeah, Gen 6 Gym Leaders were disappointing. Other than Korrina and Wulfric, Grant also appears outside of his Gym. For one sentence. This just feels so wrong, seeing how Gen V had Gym Leaders going all around, even appearing in the grand finale of BW. Gen 6 Gym Leaders are just too static. Though I think the reason for this (and all other problems of Gen 6) is that GF focused mainly on the technical side of the game (new graphics, new type), essentially ignoring the story and people.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:28 pm

Capn I have already explained to you one of the problems with Z is the fact we have version exclusive Mega evos already, which'd be solved with two sequels (even if they could just not have any of them in z which means no kanto starter megas or mega mewtwo). And you could argue it'll be XZ and YZ or something as well... But I feel like both that and "X^2 Y^2" are just overly complicated ways of going bout things considering they could easily just do X2 and Y2, which actually makes sense given it'd be a sequel, and have the 2 stylized as Zygarde.

Another thing that favors the sequels idea is the two new "Thousand" moves which are... both clearly Zygarde's and, yknow, two. Which implies the move will vary depending on your version.

PLUS I NEVER SAID X2Y2 WOULD TAKE PLACE IN KALOS. >:T Hell I wouldn't doubt if those were the names of the games and it WAS a Germany region! And it'd be complete with a Mega Zygarde X and Mega Zygarde Y... Or hell, even a Primal Zygarde X and Y! Wouldn't doubt if the symbol used were a Zeta in the case of a primal evo either. Hell, ever thought about that? Zeta X and Zeta Y, with the inital Z based on Zygarde? We have soooo many options!

I firmly believe we WILL have two third versions though, whatever the name is. And ALSO firmly believe on Mega/Primal Zygarde being a thing for sure. Though maybe it won't be, because they could make another "super form" type exclusive for Zygarde for all we know!

also yes gym leaders with more plot importance pls
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:17 pm

Sheesh, you guys are so excited, that's awesome Very Happy
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:10 pm

hey did you hear about the new confirmed feature for the remake?

we get to have apricorn balls again i loved that part of gold and silver and its nice to know that when we get to azalea we can do it

Spoiler:
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:47 am

Sooo, how 'bout that Megagross.
General Chat: The Smashening - Page 8 Corocoro814
That front spike is so... I won't even say. mspa
phantasmalDexterity