Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+16
Spark Eletran
tailoredGoose
Xaber
tinning3
Gelatino
Hanky Panky
muffinz
phantasmalDexterity
d_what
kotakun
cephalopodAscendant
OverlordJ
Hytheter
variegatedDreamraptor
invisibleTerrarium
NinteNerd
20 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 26 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by Dregadude Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:44 pm

If we assume your name is made up of "invisible" and "Terrarium" (that is, iT = invisible + Terrarium) then iT x iT would be invisible^2 + 2*invisible*Terrarium + Terrarium^2
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 26 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by muffinz Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:23 pm

I... I don't even know what to say to all this.

For one thing I'm not sure whether to be sad or glad that nobody has shipped me with anyone yet???
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:51 pm

Oh yeah I've been doing that X nuzlocke! It's been goin' pretty well so far I think.

Right now I've got:
- Pickles the Chespin (apparently has 25+ IVs in both attack and defense, which is pretty cool. named after that one time that i said chespin's spikes look like pickles. was that on this forum? i think it was)
- Rita the Vivillon (not much to say about her i guess, except that i don't think i have ever owned a vivillon that doesn't have a -sp. defense nature. weird.)
- Sir Upmaple the Pikachu (he's ridiculously fragile. i knew these things weren't exactly tanks, but jeez. his name is a pun that is only funny to me)
- Lyra the Burmy (still has only protect, but she'll be awesome later, i'm sure. i need to rename her though because i accidentally gave her the same name as a team member in that vietnamese crystal lp i'm doing. whoops?)
- Daniel the Litleo (has great stats for early-game, but that late evolution is a pain. i do not want to fight fully-evolved mid-game 'mons with a litleo. especially because i really don't like lions. lions are dumb jerks.)
- Enoby the Flabèbè (not gonna actively train her yet since she'll be boxed once i get a squirtle from sycamore. she could be useful later on though??? named after everyone's favorite parody sue from my immortal.)

I've just beaten Viola and started on Route 4. As you can see, my team is, um, pretty bad at fighting Fire-types! I can't wait to get that Squirtle from Sycamore.

Last edited by muffinz on Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:54 pm

well clearly that is because your only possible ship

would be a muffinz x muffinz x muffinz threesome

i feel like we need an official ship list / SHIPPING WALL? :000
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:29 pm

Honestly muffinz I've been trying to ship you this whole time but I haven't said anything because I can't think of any good cat puns that haven't been used already. Or failing that, ships to do with baked goods. Or the letter z.

iT x me = InformationTechnologyShipping?? I do I.T. I'm in computer science. Java biatch.

Drega X me = Blue&Rotary shipping, for reasons.

OH I GOT ONE
HOW ABOUT...

CATAKUN???

I'm sorry Sad
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:45 pm

Spark Eletran wrote:well clearly that is because your only possible ship

would be a muffinz x muffinz x muffinz threesome

whaaaaaat
but there aren't three of m-- oh right

d_what wrote:OH I GOT ONE
HOW ABOUT...

CATAKUN???

I'm sorry Sad

no dont be
unless youre saying youre sorry because thats a terrible name for it in which case yeah you should be sorry cause there are so many better names for that
like um
dangit i cant think of any
kotakun i have no idea what your name means so i cant make any ship names from it in any way other than mashing it together with another
kosparkun
ko_what
koverlord jun
kotirgo
kogadude

also unrelatedly theres basically no way me + sharpedo isnt sharkfinz
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:57 pm

Ahahaha kogadude sounds amazing.

Alternatively we could ship iT and muffinz but I'm not sure what that would result in.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:11 pm

I need some help.

I recently got a bag that resets the EVs of a Pokemon completly. Since I didn't EV train my Charizard at all, I decided to use it on him. Though now I wonder.

The set I planned for him has one special attack, Flamethrower, which is basically the go to attack, and three physical moves (Fly to carry me around, Earthquake and Rockslide)

Should I rather put EVs in Special Attack or in Physical Attack?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:15 pm

tbh if it's ingame the evs dont matter.

in competitive you wouldnt go mixed on charizard anyway

but id say put them all in attack and have 4 in sp.atk
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:19 am

Our you could just max both attack stats and ignore speed
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:21 am

Despite all my rage I am still just a cat in a cage? Though that's a long ship name.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:49 am

DAMRIASJACIAC. Problem solved.

If we don't count a and in, it's DAMRIASJCC

Or we could just shorten it to Damara.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:59 am

I think me and IT are like the only Ace Attorney fans on this forum? We could make something out of that possibly.
Actally no wait Damarashipping is perfect A++ five stars best ship name ever. Totally.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:13 am

who here is organized we need to get this shipping wall started this kinda shit is IMPORTANT
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:41 am

Okay so, I got a Skiddo on Route 5. On one hand, that's cool since I like their designs and have wanted to use one for a while, but I've already got Pickles, and this thing is yet another Fire weakness. At least I've got Eridan the Squirtle now.

Last edited by muffinz on Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:06 am

fuck no eridan is a clawitzer, as you can see from the way it's crazy op with its laser gun slash wwhite science
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:11 am

But but but, it's a TRADITION for me to name all my Squirtles Eridan! I have never used a Squirtle not named Eridan! I can't just stop now!
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:55 am

Captain wrote:tbh if it's ingame the evs dont matter.

in competitive you wouldnt go mixed on charizard anyway

but id say put them all in attack and have 4 in sp.atk

I know they don't matter much in game and yeah, I wouldn't use a mixed Charizard competitivly

And even if I wanted to use a Charizard competitivly, I wouldn't use this one since his nature isn't great and I don't know about his IVs

Hanky Panky wrote:Our you could just max both attack stats and ignore speed

I already maxed his speed, I kind of like my pokemons to be speedy if I can.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:10 am

You can use Mixed Charizard Y. I'm not sure why you'd want to though since they skip Solarbeam and Solarbeam is too good not to use on Charizard Y.

Seriously though OJ you'll have Charizardite in no time so pick the moves and EVs that suit your 'zard most.

Typically: X = Dragon move, physical fire move (Punch, Blitz) roost, maybe EQ or filler or something. Dragon dance IIRC is an egg move.

Y = Fire Blast/Flamethrower, Solarbeam, Focus Blast (when you get it) aerial ace as filler, maybe also roost. When you get to the sundial city you can check your hidden power, if it's HP Ice then that's cool too.

And yeah go speed.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:20 am

I already got charizard Y but I'd rather use Mega Alakazam or Gardevoir once I got THEIR megastones.

I have considered Solarbeam and I will probably teach it to Charizard at least for now because, yes, with MegaCharizard Y it'd be a waste NOT to get it.

Also, please keep in mind that one of the main reasons why I picked Charizard was so that I had a decent pokemon for Fly in my team.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:25 am

Aaah yes. Okay Fly is appropriate then. And against in-game trainers it's a valid choice, even if it is Physical. Realistically Fire + Grass is a good combo anyway with little need for coverage. 'Cept dragons.

Scarf Gardevoir is also viable by itself, but scarf is difficult to get so there's no point really. Mega Alakazam kinda stinks and is outclassed by regular Alakazam. Sorry Sad In any case post-game (Since there isn't really any) it doesn't actually matter what megas you use EXCEPT competitively so it's pretty moot.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:45 pm

Why is MegaAlakazam outclassed by regular Alakazam?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:09 pm

I am exempt from shipping due to the puppy incident & aftermath of said puppy incident.

Spoiler:
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:43 pm

because a held item like choice specs is worth more than the stat gains and ability change from mega evolution
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:50 pm

It's the lack of a held item. Choice Specs give Alakazam a maximum effective base Special Attack of 608, while a Life Orb gives it a max of 526. Mega Alakazam can only get up to 493. Additionally, Alakazam's Hidden Ability is Magic Guard, which is a lot more generally useful than Mega Alakazam's Trace (among other things, that Life Orb now comes with no downsides other than an increased vulnerability to Knock Off).
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next