Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+16
Spark Eletran
tailoredGoose
Xaber
tinning3
Gelatino
Hanky Panky
muffinz
phantasmalDexterity
d_what
kotakun
cephalopodAscendant
OverlordJ
Hytheter
variegatedDreamraptor
invisibleTerrarium
NinteNerd
20 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 8 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by Gelatino Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:59 pm

i find that caring about which browser you use tends to lower your iq so i just use whichever is most convenient at the time
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 8 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:03 pm

I prefer Chrome mainly because at this point I'm used to the UI and also because you can open up PDF's in a new tab rather than a separate PDF-viewing program like with Firefox. Also, what octi said about how Chrome only freezes the nonresponsive tab rather than the whole program. I can at least respect people for using Firefox, which is more than I can say for IE.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:27 pm

Chrome. User-friendliest. I use it on my ipad too, because safari can go drown itself in a sewer.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:47 pm

i've never seen what's so horribly wrong with IE. :T
unless you have like 700 toolbars installed, new IE is practically chrome.

i still use chrome for everything, mind you.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:03 pm

I know for one thing that it used to have horrible security. To be fair it was mostly because people only wrote viruses for it because it was common, but still. While new IE might be better, people aren't likely to forget the flaws in the meantime, and even if they did, there's better browsers out there in general.

Not to mention hating on IE is just a thing people on the internet do, even if they have no idea why. It's a meme.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:09 pm

It's like Comic Sans.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:36 pm

so what
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:46 pm

Wait how did you guys know what browser I was using just from what I said??? Also, there are other browsers besides just IE????? :mapspasms:

But yeah in all seriousness I have never used any browser other than IE for as long as I have been using computers, with the exception of the, oh, two or three websites I use that don't work on IE, which I use chrome for.
I never use chrome aside from that though because I don't like the way the top of the screen looks, tabs don't change color to help with organization, and I can't zoom to exactly 113%. I'm using chrome to write this post now just as an experiment and it's so awkward.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:17 pm

Open source code is a big thing too. For the technically minded. And it's not so much hating IE as hating one of the most widely known Microsoft figureheads. Word is at least useful.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:23 pm

People hate on IE because it's closed-source, yet it's buggier and less reliable than pretty much all of the popular open source browsers. Logically speaking, a closed source browser should be far more difficult to manipulate and develop malware and exploitations for because you can't see behind closed doors. It's slow, proprietaryshit that isn't worth using because of things like chrome, firefox, and opera. Plus, don't forget about microsoft building backdoors into its proprietary software just for their good buddies over at the NSA.

I'm not calling anyone stupid for using IE. I just think you should be using something more reliable and secure.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:47 pm

Okay I seriously did not understand any of those things that you just said. I mean, the last two sentences made sense to me I guess but that's about it. Proprietary? Backdoor? Source, and the open/closed-ness thereof? I don't know about any of those things.
I just use IE because it's here and my computer came with it and it's all I've ever really known and I never felt like taking the effort to use anything else since I never had any idea about the relative better/worse-ness of any other browser in particular. :I

Last edited by muffinz on Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:58 pm

The open source code of, for example, Firefox means that the code is available to everyone who wants it, which means that a whole community of people are able to do bug checks, fixes, things along those lines, and it works really well if you don't mind the clutter, making a browser that the people build for the people and make sure it is great.

The closed sourced nature of IE means that only Microsoft have access to the heart of the program, and yet they do so little to fix major issues and minor yet annoying bugs, as well as allowing people to just spy into your browser and see anything you might have done on it. Closed source isn't necessarily a bad thing, but in this case MS didn't put in the care and attention they should have.

This is all behind the scenes stuff, so you wouldn't really notice anything different during normal use.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:10 pm

I use Opera
because I like having lotsa tabs and it has like Tab folders you can use so it's good for me
As a backup I use Chrome
as a backupbackup Firefox
and if things really are sour I use IE
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:43 pm

I'm a fandroid, so obviously i'd champion chrome.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:58 pm

Sorry to do the unspeakable and bring the topic back on topic, but some news related to pokémans: A new soundtrack has been released, this time for Pokémon Fire red and Leaf Green. This is a good sign because this means they could be going through all the Gens to bring all the music into albums.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:01 pm

They already said they were going through all the games from GBA and up.

Not bothering with the gens 1 and 2 because they both have remakes.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:13 pm

I just want trumpets, is that so bad?
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:35 pm

I don't know about y'all, but I'm going to pounce on HGSS and RSE soundtracks if/when they come out. Even though I know where to find all the music for free and could just go download it right now...
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:11 pm

I didn't realise they said they were doing them all, that's cool. I'm with ya on the HGSS soundtrack cA. I can't remember the music from RSE or DPP all that much, but I know there's a few from each I loved to listen too. Maybe when the inevitable RSE remakes come out I can play those and have another listen. Or youtube them I guess, depending how bothered I am.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:30 pm

My first handheld game was Sapphire, so for the longest time I thought all video game soundtracks consisted of (nothing but) trumpets.

I still find it weird that any game can have a soundtrack without egregious amounts of trumpet. I'd definitely go for an RSE soundtrack, if I could get my hands on working earbuds for once in my life.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:10 am

I'm going to go ahead and predict that they won't remake R/S/E, despite the ravings that all of you seem to have declaring the opposite.

The major reason GF remade R/B/Y was to have Kanto pokemon available in 3rd gen. The major reason they remade G/S/C was to (again) have Johto pokemon in the 4th gen.

Then for gen 5, they shoehorned a SHIT LOAD of gen 3 pokemon into the postgame routes, so that there would be no functional need to remake R/S/E.

And if you think it's inevitable because it's popular, just look at Majora's Mask.

I'm looking at this from a perspective that isn't clouded by nostalgia. I'm a bit older, and my all-time favorite region is still Johto. Gold and Silver came out a week before my 11th birthday. So when R/S/E came around, I honestly didn't really bother with it. Don't get me wrong, they're great games. I just don't think Gamefreak is going to remake them.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:50 am

I didn't think they were going to do it buuuuuuuuut that was mostly because there was no real reason. Gen one got a remake because they wanted to make a new version that included the gen 3 mechanics. Gen 2 got a remake for similar reasons and also because it was the only gen that you couldn't play on a DS in SOME way. There was no reason for a gen 3 remake in gen 5, because the games basically still worked the same and you were able to just play the old gen 3 games if you really WANTED to.

However, now that we have gen 6 there ARE some possible reasons for a gen 3 remake. Not enough reasons that I'd say that I'd be willing to bet on it but since they updated the mechanics a bit and especially since they sort of recreated some of the gen 3 mechanics, like berries, in gen 6 and since the visuals got a pretty big update, I'd say that a gen 3 remake IS something we might see.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:45 pm

My first video game ever was Emerald, so I'd love a gen III remake. That said, I don't think they'll do it
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:45 pm

I
Never actually
....Played
...the gen 3 games
yeah

LIKE okay I played a little bit of the beginning and all and watched lets plays but I never actually beat the games so I'd kinda like a remake just cause that means then I'd be able to play in a... convenient I guess? Way

Hanky Panky wrote:And if you think it's inevitable because it's popular, just look at Majora's Mask.
MAJORA'S MASK HD/3D IS STILL GONNA HAPPEN I SWEAR
too many reasons
too many cameos
TOO MANY HIIIIINTS
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:47 pm

Majora's Mask 3D could happen, but with Wind Waker HD and Link Between Worlds both having come out relatively recently and with Zelda Wii U on the horizon, it's not happening anytime soon.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next