Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+17
Dregadude
DicksMcgee
ilikeoctopus
Spark Eletran
Gelatino
d_what
Hytheter
OverlordJ
Xaber
cephalopodAscendant
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
muffinz
Hanky Panky
phantasmalDexterity
tinning3
NinteNerd
21 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 19 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:33 pm

holy crap d_what that was quite the analysis. I will be referring to this when I have my Talonflame bred, many thanks!

One more quick question, though--I've seen Acrobatics (plus flying gem) over Brave Bird. Is it worth enough to be a good replacement, or should I run both, or just no?
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 19 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:35 pm

Here, I am not completely sure what is happening so I am like the girl who ate what was given her.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:39 pm

Alas, Acrobatics isn't viable currently because Flying gem isn't in X and Y. Also it's been nerfed to 30% but yeah Acrobatics is better than Brave Bird. Talonflame appreciates the longevity and with hazards up the long-term damage shouldn't matter. WITHOUT Flying Gem, Flare Blitz is the same as usual (assuming Sky Plate or something) and it still lives longer but with 81 base attack you can't turn down BB's better damage.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:20 pm

d_what always has crazy analyses though.

octi, i nabbed a 4IV male fletchling off wonder trade, you can borrow it to breed from if you want.

i mainly do PSS battles with passerbys. at least recently, Megarchomp has been pretty common [WHO GETS ABSOLUTELY WRECKED BY AVALUGG, AHAHAHA], and today in particular...poison heal gliscor.
also clawitzer's first day in battles hasn't been going very well and it makes me sad :<

hm. y'know, when EV-ing Gargan, i was thinking "aren't a whole lot of things faster than Noivern, don't really need to max out speed", so i put some into HP. in hindsight that was dumb because there's several things barely faster and also choice users[CHOICE BRAVIARY MAKES ME CRAI] to outspeed. and it makes me very nervous whenever i'm against other really fast things. but i've never regretted it. he survives sooo much he shouldn't, and not much likes taking a second Boomburst.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:32 pm

I just hit 4 IVs yesterday (and have a Japanese 4 IV off of wonder trade) so I think I'm good for now. Thanks for the offer though!

Currently I'm just being surprised by how much Diggersby has been wrecking my team. I need to rethink my life choices.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:23 am

Hmmm. Having trouble with Clawitzer, eh? Never fear, we're (I'm) here to help! Clawitzers problems are not really in it's typings, I.e worrying about being shut down by, say, Electric, Grass and Dragon or Water Pokémon is not the major concern. (That said it has a severe Rotom W weakness, Rotom W should be countered in a team like Garchomp was in gen 4) Rather, its problems stem from that low speed with its poor defenses. Either is fine but both are a difficulty. So, when in doubt, team support! Sticky Web and some speed EVs (90? 94?) allows you to out speed a lot of slower walls without support and much more with. Sticky web users are basically limited to Smeargle and Galvantula; given your weakness to grass types (and therefore immune to spore) and inability to do much to other water types you're probably better off with Galvantula. It can be hard to find room for it in a team though; slower heavy hitters (possibly with priority) do best on teams like this. E.G Dragonite or Azumarill, even regular Lucario. Unfortunately Noivern doesn't gain a lot from Sticky Web. Alternatively, (or in addition) Dual Screens/wish support will patch Clawitzers defenses (screens before wish support). Klefki is an excellent choice especially if you lack hazards, or since Clawitzer hates fast opponents, priority Thunder Wave is a godsend. Alternatively, Espeon for hazard blocking if you don't have a rapid spinner or have anything that hates hazards (e.g. Talonflame, Dragonite, Jellicent). Clawitzer has major weaknesses to super-offensive (fast, frail, powerful) teams, so Chansey will stop many of them in their tracks and can provide Wish... Except it doesn't, damn NYC events. But Sylveon can provide similar resources on the special side. Normally I'd suggest Vaporeon to provide Wish but its not viable given its typing alongside Clawitzer's. Talonflame is an excellent (read: EXCELLENT) check to hyper offensive teams and makes two thirds of a fire/water/grass core, with the grass part still up for grabs. Note: Clawitzer and Tflame still share a huge RotomW weakness. So whatever you choose as a grass type should be able to handle it: this means no physical attackers. A niche choice, should you choose to not use Galvantula, is Rotom M! Slow volt turns and that bulk and synergy are something that Clawitzer would absolutely love. In fact, defensively oriented slow u-turners or volt-switchers are great for him in general.

So yeah there's some stuff to think about! Anything else I could say would fall under general team building advice so I won't. But if you don't address at least some of these issues then I'm afraid Clawitzer will always be dead weight. Slow and Frail necessitates support.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:23 pm

WHAT THE FUCK
General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 19 Tumblr_myum0lr2FF1rjenv2o1_500
GIRATINA HAS A FREAKIN MOUTH?????
HOW DID I NEVER NOTICE THIS
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:44 pm

I dunno this isn't news to me. Is it news to anyone else? Hands up plz.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:45 pm

jegus d_what you really enjoy this don't you.  the help's much appreciated, but i think you should know my teams are always just "6 pokemon that cover eachother's weaknesses" and not "carefully formed cohesive strategy team" because i have so many to use.

that said, i have have paralysis support 90% of the time on my team, and with that in mind, i'll make sure it's 100% [and screens when available] when clawitzer's involved. and yeah, slyveon is DEFINITELY a problem, unless for some reason i decide to run Flash Cannon. which i'm not.

his bulk isn't all that bad really??? he can take a hit and KO back, which is all i need. [EV'd in HP and SPATK] yesterday his problem was mostly unintentionally picking up status everywhere >:U
i play mine mostly as surprise and to force switches. clawitzer's moveset is pretty predictable since most people are going to want to take advantage of Mega Launcher, but he has several options outside the pulse moves, some of which i have taken.

ON AN UNRELATED NOTE, I WAS ON GTS, AND...:

edit: yo spark
General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 19 Tumblr_myqzku5XWb1rjenv2o1_500
look at this big baby underworld god squirm happily like a goober. Pokemon Amie: turning every monster in the world into big adorable pets since 2013.

related??: anyone notice bunnelby's earholes close up when it attacks??? it looks odd, but it's fun to think that it's like, a natural reaction to the ears doing the digging motion or something; closing up to avoid getting dirt in its ears.

Last edited by NinteNerd on Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:50 pm

I think it was possible to see the mouth in the movie, though I never watched the movie. I did see some scenes on youtube though.

In any case, I'm not surprised, I knew about the mouth
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:58 pm

I'm mostly surprised about how the entire headpiece... thing moves when it opens its mouth. It's like scissors or something :0
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:36 pm

Pretty sure you see the headpiece move in the animation for one of the Gen IV games, so i knew then. I will say that I never expected Giratina to look so much cooler than ever before. I love the 3D.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:55 pm

i knew the headpiece moved
BUT NOT THAT IT HAD A MOUTH
WHAT THE FUCK
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:21 pm

no but you know who looks really dumb in 3D? LUGIA.
i fought one the other day, and its pose/animation is just so awkward. and the wings were kind of weirdly-proportioned, iirc.
i think i might've said this here already :n
typlosion doesn't look too great either. it's just kind of....a lump. also it only shows the fire collar when he does attacks.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:49 pm

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 19 Giratina-Altered
look it has a mouth and a guard just like the altered form golly wow what a surprise
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:03 pm

Go look at Landorus-T's model on the GTS or W/E. I'll wait. Back yet? Weird, huh.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:44 pm

no not really at all
landorus-t floating is nothing new
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:55 pm

Oh oh I can do this too.

Delibird's bag
IS ITS TAIL OMGWTFBBQ
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:19 pm

wait voltorb is a pokeball omfg
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:52 pm

removing words from a language for the purpose of restricting and controlling the people who speak said language is literally a terrifying concept to me.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:29 am

BUT LANDORUS-T IS FLOATING
IT IS A MAMMALIAN THING WITH FOUR PERFECTLY FOOD LEGS
WHY THE FUCK DOES IT NEED TO FLOAT
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:31 pm

invisibleTerrarium wrote:BUT LANDORUS-T IS FLOATING
IT IS A MAMMALIAN THING WITH FOUR PERFECTLY FOOD LEGS
WHY THE FUCK DOES IT NEED TO FLOAT
well would you walk on food?
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:59 pm

If it's no good in the first place...
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:09 pm

goddamit the avi thing doesn't stop from keep happening. i'll fix it later...
edit: this is a s fixed as it's getting
General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 19 1386349519973
nO BUT I DON'T THINK YOU UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS IMAGE.

people just don't know how to handle avalugg and it's great because she just completely wrecks unprepared players~
like no lie i thought avalugg would be really terrible since i saw it as an Ice-type steelix, but it's just. SO. TANKY.
ahaha you think your megarchomp can just stone edge it for a OHKO and NOPE. YOU GET AVALANCHE. CHESNAUGHT GETS THE AVALANCHE. HAXORUS GETS THE AVALANCHE
EVERYONE GETS AVALANCHE. AHAHAAHAHahaha except aegislash there. it gets crunch.
i only fear Fire Blast Garchomp.

avalugg will probably be the first thing i breed after i get the starters out of the way.

Last edited by NinteNerd on Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:21 pm

your avatar is making me convulse violently

edit: nevermind now it's not sticking into the page as much
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next