Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+17
Dregadude
DicksMcgee
ilikeoctopus
Spark Eletran
Gelatino
d_what
Hytheter
OverlordJ
Xaber
cephalopodAscendant
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
muffinz
Hanky Panky
phantasmalDexterity
tinning3
NinteNerd
21 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 29 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Wait, if Vanillite's trying to get into Drega's pants, then why is it blackmailing me into a relationship?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 29 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:15 pm

For the same reason I'm stalking Tintin after getting a considerably good round

Also is it only me or does like literally everybody always get something that lacks some feature essential to being a good dentist AS our dentist? Like... limbs... Or vision...
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:34 pm

vanillite is more evil it just wants to victimize every single person in the world
also octillery has lots of limbs and octopi are somewhat known for their good vision so id say i got the best of all of you granted it would be kind of weird in my mouth but it would be successful also beams beams always rock
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:17 am

Alright, now that it is no longer 2:30 AM...

Spoiler:

Last edited by muffinz on Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:34 am

muffinz wrote:12. This Pokémon banged your mom.
Wailord
Pffffhahaha! Wow, that is definitely one of the stranger results I could have gotten here.
...I wonder what theoretical-situation me's mom is?
skitty
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:42 am

Heh, I was kinda hoping someone'd say that.

But wait, wouldn't that make me a Skitty, too? I'm not sure how to feel about that. :\
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:37 pm

if anybody can help me come up with physics jokes for valentine's cards, i would be greatly appreciative

so far, this is what i've got

baby are you a van de graaff generator? 'cause you generate an attractive field

is that a vector in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

you spin me right round, baby, right round. like an object with high angular momentum. baby.

do you have a lot of mass? because i have a very strong gravitation towards you

without you, my forces will never be balanced
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:46 pm

Dangggg the gen 6 Mirror Shot animation is really cool
Way better than the crappy one in gen 5
I mean that one just made it so like your pokèmon glows a little for a moment and then about a second later the opponent gets hit by some invisible force
Whereas now it's actually the "hits the opponent with a blast of powerful light" that it should be
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:18 pm

you know the fundamental frequency of my heart
i need you to come close to me to minimize our moment of inertia
dimensional analysis reveals that to get the correct units we should multiply
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:18 am

dude kotakun you are on fire here

i might use some of those
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:38 am

Well, it's more math than physics, but here's one:
I wish I were your derivative so I could lie tangent to your curves.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:21 pm

my physics class is basically just "calculus: the sequel" so that could definitely work
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:17 pm

It's quiet. TOO quiet...

So, ummm, dark types. Thoughts? Knock Off is an outstanding move nowadays. Only time will tell if it ends up being more annoying than Stealth Rock, or Scald, or Prankster. Bisharp's cool lately, but I'm holding out until we get 6th gen move tutors for ease of breeding.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:58 pm

my banette rules with knock off and frisk, though i'm starting to wonder if frisk is the most useful ability. would cursed body be better? it can't exactly take a lot of hits, and it has priority destiny bond to exact revenge on foes anyway
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:29 am

Right now my Gengar which I got for SS knows Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Sludge Bomb, and Dazzling Gleam, which I just got as a TM and is freaking amazing. I also just got Gengarite. With 5 IVs and Speed/SpA EVs, it's a force to be reckoned with, as both a fairy- and dragon-slayer.

In the future I might replace Dream Eater and/or Hypnosis with Shadow Ball and/or Thunderbolt, since that in general isn't the best strat.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:31 am

Didn't Smogon kick Mega Gengar up to Ubers almost immediately? You'd still be able to use it in casual matches, but basically any organized tournament would ban it.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:04 am

cephalopodAscendant wrote:Didn't Smogon kick Mega Gengar up to Ubers almost immediately? You'd still be able to use it in casual matches, but basically any organized tournament would ban it.
Yeah, I don't plan to. I'm content with my skills being in that place where I beat all my friends but don't stand a chance against actual competitive battlers.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:14 am

Lmao guys
I said dark not ghost!
But this is a conversation so that's good.

I like Gourgeist. But people say Trevenant is better because of recovery... If that's true then it must be really really good.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:42 pm

Trevenant is a bitch to fight, because Harvest and either Sitrus or Lum Berry, plus SubSeed, means that you basically have to OHKO it or it WILL fuck you over. Taunt and Infiltrators also work for a surprise kill but you really do have to be careful. Oh and it gets Horn Leech as well, just in case it didn't have enough recovery. It's basically a massive pain in the arse. Gourgeist on the other hand is much easier to kill. It's not quite quick enough/strong enough (depending on forme) to do enough damage quickly enough, and even with its decent HP and good defence, it still falls too quickly to deal enough damage.

Just man, fuck Ghost types.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:48 pm

Yeah, that nerf to Steel was perhaps not the best idea Game Freak's ever had. You kind of have to wonder what they were thinking when they decided to drop those resistances.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:57 pm

Well Steel and Dragon were massively over-centralising to the metagame, so they BOTH needed some serious debuffs. Dragon got its one with Fairy to a pretty large amount of success. Dragon is still powerful and wrecks a lot of shit, but has a good counter. And with regards to Steel, they debuffed that perfectly. It's no longer the OP defensive wall it was. It's still a fantastic walling type, but it's able to be beaten by more things as well. The attention away from defensive steel types has also sorta happened with its new SE hit as well in Fairy. Additionally, Dark type received a nice little offensive boost that it kinda needed. Too bad it got a new weakness too (it really didn't need that).

Ghost is where Gamefreak made an error. It was already an excellent type, and they decided to make it even better by giving it TWO new buffs, a ridiculously OP Mega evolution and some other strong new Ghosts which pretty much all have a definite place in the metagame in the higher tiers. A serious issue. They, along with Talonflame (another dumb decision imo) are THE two things you have to prepare for the most now (along with Fairies to a slightly more minor extent). At least since to OP Megas got sent to Ubers, anyway. I personally think they should switch the Fairy weakness from Dark to Fairy, it would make a lot more sense IMO. But eh, that's just what I think.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpedo Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:14 pm

muffinz wrote:So hey, now that the random pokèmon generator has gen 6 'mons in it, should we do that one randomly-fill-in-the-blanks thing again? This thing?
Spoiler:

I'd fill it out now but it's 2:30 AM and I need to go to sleep.

IT SADDENS ME TO SEE SUCH A LACK OF CREATIVITY IN YOU ALL.
DO YOU NOT GROW TIRED OF RESPONDING TO THIS SAME SET OF SCENARIOS?
BECAUSE I AM A GRACIOUS GOD, I SHALL PROVIDE A FEW NEW ONES TO ALLEVIATE THE MONOTONY, BUT IN RETURN I COMMAND THAT EACH SOUL WHO USES THEM ADD ONE ON.
I AM EVEN CONSERVING PAGE SPACE FOR YOU ALL.:
Sharpedo
Sharpedo
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:30 pm

I'm happy about the steel nerfs, they've balanced steel out nicely. It's still great but goes to show how OP it was. But the ghost buff was silly. Two immunities, some resistances, incredible neutral coverage and of course can't be trapped, plenty of support moves and access to fighting moves often for INCREDIBLE coverage. It is definitely the new dragon. If not better due to the immunities and status moves and anti-trapping.
But Talonflame is debatably okay. Yes it rips holes, but it can't sweep a team and it DOES go down fast. It is centralising, yes. But I think it's a better game with it than without; keeps last gen's Heavy Offense teams in check and gives stall teams a chance and checks a LOT of very, very scary threats. Plus it proves stealth rock is not a be-all and end-all, is a great flying type (makes Staraptor viable!!) and is alone in its niche. That alone makes it worth keeping I think. Variety y'know? Plus over the coming gens it'll gradually lose its effectiveness. 

That said, coming up against a banded U-Turn again and again is hugely irritating, even Rotom struggles against it. But that's not a Talonflame issue, that's definitely a momentum issue.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:51 pm

Dregadude wrote:Right now my Gengar which I got for SS knows Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Sludge Bomb, and Dazzling Gleam, which I just got as a TM and is freaking amazing. I also just got Gengarite. With 5 IVs and Speed/SpA EVs, it's a force to be reckoned with, as both a fairy- and dragon-slayer.

In the future I might replace Dream Eater and/or Hypnosis with Shadow Ball and/or Thunderbolt, since that in general isn't the best strat.
Wait, didn't I teach it Shadow Ball before trading it to you?

guys pls halp i played 45min of Tales of Xillia and now im hooked
seriously its that good
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:54 pm

What's Tales of Xillia? And speaking of things we're getting hooked on, I just started watching Warehouse 13. Part of me is wondering how the team would handle the Trickster Mode Sucker.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next