Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

+17
tinning3
ilikeoctopus
Dregadude
Xaber
Druplesnubb
willPowered
muffinz
Spark Eletran
d_what
phantasmalDexterity
OverlordJ
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
variegatedDreamraptor
NinteNerd
cephalopodAscendant
Hanky Panky
21 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo - Page 11 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

Post by d_what Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:35 am

Okay WTF is with Helioptile's abilities. Sand veil? Hate evasion boosts but sandstorm immunity so w/e. Dry skin. Good in rain. But... Where is solar power???? Complete the weather trifecta! I want sun-based electric types dammit! Make helioptile the weather pokemon!!

Also I have terrible willpower. I looked up the ground type, god damn. I have to stop. Eventually I'm gonna spoil skrelp and flabebe. I do not want to know if flabebe evolves or not!
Friday cannot come soon enough. Longest. 2 weeks. Ever.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo - Page 11 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

Post by kotakun Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:15 am

isnt castform the weather pokemon though?
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:40 am

Guys, Froakie's evo (according to the screenshot iT posted) is not Water/Fighting. It shares a type combination with a Pokémon very dear to our hearts.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:42 am

I fixed that last night, it's right now.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:43 am

Well, d_what didn't get the memo.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:50 am

guyse.
the type combos are:
here are some other/better pictures, and also fanart of the three. this is your warning.

I don't know what to say about barnacle claws thing. it looks really...stingy.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:59 pm

I think you'll like it DWhat

BUUUUUT

its not what you expect

i just
it isnt
i dont care WHAT you expect but thats not it
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:13 pm

I got an ad for X and Y before I could look at the images in the link you posted, NN. Appropriate, or irony?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:05 pm

Okay, so a lot of these images don't work for me.

But those that work, well

Starter:

Other leaked Pokemons I was able to see:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:23 pm

OverlordJ wrote:
Other leaked Pokemons I was able to see:
Spoiler:
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:26 pm

Have we ever had a generation where all of the new Pokémon had good designs? I thought not. I will concede that Gen VI's designs are a little stranger than most, but in a couple generations, their status as legitimate Pokémon won't even be up for debate (except by Genwunners, but nobody cares about their opinions anyways).

EDIT: So the evolutions of Swirlix and Spritzee from the Coro Coro leaks have been officially confirmed. Swirlix evolves into Slurpuff while Spritzee becomes Aromatisse. Not much else to say here.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:51 pm

The problem isn't that not all Pokemon have good design, the problem is more like that barely any of them have a good design, at least in my opinion.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:16 pm

Only some of them. Swirlix and Creampuff thingy I'll grant you. They are objectively strange. But Honedege and co are par for the course and in fact very well designed; they take advantage of the new animation style (it wouldn't work in any previous gen). Starters are basically immune to all design debates since they're completely subjective (but their stats and uses aren't). The legends are awesome. After that, you have a small amount of 'leaked' pokemon which I can't talk about because I haven't seen them, the fossils (so cool! Certainly not OU, especially with steel types wrecking things and MegaPowercreep, but still cool), and helioptile/vivillon/skrelp/flabebe/litleo etc etc, all of which are varying degrees of good to great because the only ones that concern you are the ones you end up liking the most. And there really aren't any poor designs there, they're all very intentional. I'm beginning to think Spewpa was intentionally 'ugly' as part of the progression...

Actually, what recent (gen 4 on) pokemon really DO have 'POOR' design? Not Garbodor. Garbodor screams 'I drew this on purpose!!!'. Vanillish is actually great and any ONE of the following two are ('lluxe really is two smashed together, for no reason besides to make a two-scoop icecream. Why bother with a second one-scoop? Vanillish to Vanilluxe I'd have no problem with. That damn middle evo... in the same vein, Staravia seems to exist only to fill space. I know Staraptor is too cool to be directly evolved, but it still seems like a lame reason to exist. And Braviary. I'm not pushed on Dewott, the bottom half is v.cool but the top is what caused all the Samurott trouble. Too much on the Oshawatt side to make sense. (Though I hear Chespin3 is having similar opinions? Not that I mind!) Tornadus I like, as I do all of his buddies, but not all at once: they are physically traces of each other. The Therians are neat though. I don't really love Gothitelle, (it reminds me of a baby's ring toy, my fault), but the lower two are fantastic. Musharna is a hilarious gen one gag, and I kinda like its serenity. It looks huggable.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:31 pm

Okay, how do I put this without giving any spoilers...

I'm mostly fine with the starters.

Pancham is okay but is ruined to me by it's types, given the new supereffective/resistance in gen 6

Fletchling and it's evolutions just aren't that exciting to me...

Helioptile, Litleo, Honedge, Inkay and Spritzee were all exciting to me untill their evolutions ruined them to me.
Yes, I know that some people will disagree with that opinion of me but still.

All fairy types, except for pre gen 6 Pokemon and the legendary, have been aweful, at least in my opinion. There are so many awesome possibilities and so far, NONE of them have been used. That doesn't mean that this won't possibly change, it just means that so far, I am VERY disapointed in this new type.

And honestly, given the fact that they basically made fairy type to nerf dragon type, I can't feel to excited about the new dragon type pokemons either.

There are some more leaked Pokemons but lets just say, I don't like how they look.

It's not something like "Uh, making a garbage bag into a pokemon is such a silly idea" it's more "man, that Pokemon just doesn't excite me"

So basically, of the Pokemons we've seen so far, I'm not thrilled.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:36 pm

Hey look I don't know if it's real or not but probably is really

oj might be interested

Mega Evo:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:39 pm

Eh, another Megaevolution that doesn't excite me...

Spoiler:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:49 pm

aaand apparently a bit of a list of mega evos? dunno if its all of them but its got some pics and new info in general

the bigass mega evo list:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:59 pm

megavolutions:

i think i will have to play this game over and over and collect all the starters. now that they have pokemon bank i won't have to worry about losing precious 'mons.

god this gen is going to be fucking great.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:05 pm

aaand more stuff

New (interesting) move:

new pokémon:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:13 pm

Shhhh hide the last one before OJ sees it
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:35 pm

the megas just keep on happening

Meeegaa evolution yeeeep:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:36 pm

Unless there was a third spoiler which Sparky hid in time before I saw it, I must say, I'm unhappy about either of them.

How is that thing a dragon?

But oh well, maybe this one will evolve into something good. (Too bad that except for Chespin, all other mons I said this about disapointed me)

EDIT:
Eh, that one could have been worse but it looks like it keeps its ability, which seems like a bit of a waste to me...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:38 pm

Spoiler:
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:38 pm

umm

what

pokémon stats:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:40 pm

Yeah, something's not right there.
Stats discussion:
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next